[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"How capable are your soldier's general? "
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
>"How capable are your soldier's general? "
>"I won't have you question my methods!"
>"They're obviously skilled at committing high treason, maybe Leader Snoke should reconsider using a clone army.

TFA had awesome banter. Kylo & Hux's interactions on the Star destroyer were fucking great. I truly don't understand when people say this movie was bad.
>>
>>67491949
because rey and finn's interactions were trash tier. Finn was reduced to the side character while Rey got the women power treatment.
>>
>>67491949
Why were all the antagonists pasty white fuckbois.
>>
Kylo had the best bantz in the movie until he kinda became a bitch. I see why he did, but I hope in VIII he brings back the banter
>>
>>67491949
This line is very good, as you say, but a lot of the more casual protagonist dialogue was subpar and approaching Whedon levels.

That whole Death Star comparison scene, I was rolling my eyes because of how self-referential it was.

"So how do we blow it up?"

JJ even KNEW he was snatching too much from ANH, he lampshaded it directly, but was too lazy to do something original.
>>
>>67492140
He'll be even more of a bitch. I don't see the point in making your antagonists so underwhelming other than blind women/minority empowerment bullshit. It'd be like if New Hope showed Vader getting rek'd by C3P0 in a series of comedic stunts.
>>
Kylo/ Adam driver was the best thing about this movie.
Guys facial expressions are great, very good acting.
>>
>>67492211
>JJ even KNEW he was snatching too much from ANH

Every time the fucking music would be referential I'd roll my eyes
Every time the dialogue was referential I'd roll my eyes.

At least the prequels tried to be their own thing, an original trainwreck is at least more entertaining than a train that gets halfway down the same old route before flipping over. So far nothing from JJ has even come close to Revenge of the Sith.
>>
>>67492235
I liked it. He's an actual vulnerable insecure villain. Not just a mustache twirling baddie in a suit.

But I think having him kill Han and getting "beat" by Rey will turn him more into a hardened character
>>
>>67492286
Out of everything, I think the unoriginality and constant self-referencing was the movie's worst crime.

Like you say, the prequels weren't great, but they were original, and put great effort both in and behind the scenes to be something new. I'll always respect them for at least that.

TFA didn't really try to be anything. It got so caught up in trying to be safe and secure in what made the original trilogy great that it lacked any identity of its own.

Kylo Ren was a saving grace for me - he was emulating Darth Vader, but he had a reason to do so, and it made sense within the plot. And even then, he WASN'T Vader, and the film made it clear that he never will be the way that he is.

I would have loved to develop Rey more as a scavenger, and less as a do-everything, save-everyone icon. Finn was fine, I guess, but I wanted some more Poe Dameron. Why they cut him out for most of the film when he's played by a pretty convincing actor is beyond me.

They should have cut out Starkiller completely and focused purely on finding Luke. With some flowing plot elements, that would have been more than enough to keep Star Wars fans and newcomers interested and excited.

I can only hope that Rogue One will do something approaching different purely out of the main concept, and that by Episode VIII, we'll have been so burnt out by TFA and its recurrent ANH plotlines that it will try to be its own movie.
>>
>>67492776
I feel like this is a dominant viewpoint in modern cinema, at least where sequels made years after the originals are concerned.

Look at The Hobbit - it did the same thing, being so referential toward The Lord of the Rings that it ultimately hurt the final product and gave us a subpar trilogy that only served to make us want to watch LOTR again.

It's like modern film-makers and producers know that some golden age has passed, and are desparately trying to cash in on what made the last few decades great, without giving any sense to the idea of originality.

At the end of the day, films like The Hobbit movies and TFA are just lazy.
>>
>>67492286
>Every time the fucking music would be referential I'd roll my eyes

>John Williams using the jedi theme every time something jedi happened
>what is a recurring leitmotif

you blithering idiot
>>
>>67491949
In a perfect world it'd be a bro-movie without rey, just a search the treasure kind of movie.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.