[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>implying S2-S6 isn't absolute Golden Era South Park
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
>implying S2-S6 isn't absolute Golden Era South Park
>>
>implying it's not S4-S9
>>
3-8.
>>
>>67488020
Modern South Park is better, such timeless parodies of Lorde and Caityln Jenner will go down in history.
>>
>>67488045
This, more or less. First 3 had too much a reliance on catch phrases and shock humor, after 9-10 its too much pop culture references and "satire".
>>
All seasons between Chimpokomon and Imaginationland. What seasons were those?
>>
>>67488139
Nevermind I looked it up. Seasons 3-11
>>
1998 - 2000 South Park is the definition of comfy
>>
>>67488020
Season 16 is the worst
>>
2-4 desu
>>
>>67488020
its gotten worse the more topical it became.

The old stuff holds up because it didn't lean so hard on whatever news story might have been prevalent at that moment. But now every new season feels like its not funny 3 weeks after airing.
>>
Randy best character

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzcSoAXLIYw
>>
>>67488647
... So basically, by that definition, everything after season 2 is crap. Or maybe you'll children just are too young to realize the topical references being made in the old episodes.
>>
3-11
S19 was great.
>>
TWO YOUN WHIPPERSNAPPERS WITH A KNACK FOR SOLVING CRIMES
>>
>>67488755
I said it didn't lean as hard but the topical humour was still there

Now days they do shit like wasting 3 episodes on a plot about the release of new gaming consoles. So its definitely feels way more reliant on just basing entire episodes on whatever is getting the most internet traffic that week.
>>
>>67489168
the episode that introduced towelie was about the release of new gaming consoles and it's great. So...
>>
>>67488755
There is a difference between topical references being in the show and them being the entire show.

Scott Tennermen Must Die has Radiohead in it for a few select jokes.

The last season has Randy being Lorde as a central plotline.
>>
>>67489278
That's what I'm talking about; that has been the case since season 3. Jakovasaurus was about star wars episode I and jar jar binks. The romanian quintuplets episode was about elian gonzales. There's a whole episode from season 7 where cartman's hand gets into a love triangle with ben affleck and jennifer lopez.
>>
>>67489278
>The last season has Randy being Lorde as a central plotline.

That was S18, not S19.
>>
>>67488295
This.
>>
File: mecha streisand.jpg (230 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
mecha streisand.jpg
230 KB, 720x405
No one likes the first season?
>>
>>67488020
People's perceptions of "Golden Era South Park" usually coincide with the seasons of South Park which were airing when they were still in middle school, back when they considered South Park an edgy and provocative show for mature adults.

In truth, the teenagers who watched South Park secretively after bedtime were the show's target audience.
>>
>>67489522
had that Jakovasaurus episode been made today it would have been about them simply not liking a character in the film they watched.

Because they aren't trying as hard to make unique subplots around the topical references.
>>
>>67489662
It's my favourite season tbph
>>
>>67489662
I like Volcano
>>
>>67488263
amber is the color of your energy
>>
>>67488057

This.

1 and 2 were classic, but are just vulgar novelty. This is when South Park became a cultural phenomenon and really represented late '90s "Trash TV"

3-8 were the absolute prime. All of those seasons are still watchable and funny.

9 and 10 were alright. 11 was the beginning of the decline. It's awful now. Every episode is basically the same premise with a different current event pasted in. As overused as "reddit" as an insult is, it's reddit to the core. I'm serious, redditors let Matt and Trey form their entire belief system.
>>
>>67489986
Fuck you season 19 was great
And s18 has the cock magic
>>
>>67489662
the abrupt fart jokes every 5 minutes ruin it
>>
File: download.gif (309 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
download.gif
309 KB, 320x240
Best episode is Lil Crime Stoppers fight me
>>
>>67489522
>some episodes were topical
>that's exactly what i mean when i say every episode was topical
Do your parents resent you for having autism anon?
>>
>>67490118

Season 19 was terrible and will age like milk. I did like Handicar and Cock Magic in Season 18, tho.
>>
>>67489986
Spot on.

Cow Days is still my favorite episode.
>>
>>67489278
>There is a difference between topical references being in the show and them being the entire show.

This 100%. This is what people don't get when I say South Park fell off. It was funny when it made fun of current events, or had the boys go through something that mirrored a current event.

Now every episode is: (exaggerated version topical event) happens and the town goes CRAZY! Watch as Cartman and/or Randy get into some shenanigans based on (current event)!
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.