[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does this feels like it was written for women? And no, I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Jessica-Jones-1-1200x674.jpg (160 KB, 1200x674) Image search: [Google]
Jessica-Jones-1-1200x674.jpg
160 KB, 1200x674
Why does this feels like it was written for women?

And no, I'm not talking about le interracial sex
>>
how dare it
>>
Because it was written for women
>>
i wonder how many black penis have excavated ritter's vagina
>>
>>67486943
you might be gay
>>
Because the story is basically one big allegory for abusive relationships. Men are rarely at the receiving end of those ones.
>>
>>67487035
none in real life

not even black men would touch that monster
>>
Because it was written by a chick who's only other work has been the twilight films
>>
File: krysten ritter.jpg (283 KB, 1280x1597) Image search: [Google]
krysten ritter.jpg
283 KB, 1280x1597
>>67487189
She's cute! Cute!
>>
>>67486943
I enjoyed it and I'm a white guy that's also quite conservative.
>>
>>67486943
Well it appears to be more targeted towards women, yes. They obviously wanted a show that would appeal to the female audience more, which is a smart move considering its basically the only female character they've made something based around so far. Nothing wrong with that, its a money making move.

The villain was well written, I don't really give a shit if people don't like it. The pointless drama was comfy in a way and I liked david tennant as a rapist
>>
All my friends love watching feminazis squirm and zero of them complained about this show. Are you ready to admit that you're just autistics yet? There's no agenda with Jessica Jones.
>>
>>67488365
>All my friends love watching feminazis squirm

So they, what, troll teenage girls on tumblr for shits & giggles? Call Anita Sarkeesian names on twitter?

>There's no agenda with Jessica Jones.

The themes of Jessica Jones are inherently feminist. I mean, it's a show built around themes of consent, sexual violence, substance abuse, emotional abuse, mental illness, recovery from trauma, and so on. Those are all topics that feminists, serious feminists, are deeply concerned with. It's actually amazing that it came from the pen of the writer who adapted the horrifically anti-feminist Twilight to the screen. If your friends can't see it, they probably don't know what they're actually harassing people about and think feminists just exist to complain about their vidya being misogynist.
>>
I enjoyed it but I really hope they don't do another season. The best parts were the interactions between kilgrave and Jessica, and with him gone I don't feel any desire for more.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.