[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you guys blame Zack when Goyer and the other guy wrote
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 1458840267762.png (110 KB, 266x300) Image search: [Google]
1458840267762.png
110 KB, 266x300
Why do you guys blame Zack when Goyer and the other guy wrote the actual script? Zack just has to work with what he's given, he didn't create any of this shit.
>>
Did it say in the script to use slow motion shots multiple multiple times?
>>
shit, goyer wrote "make sure you colour grade as much as possible so it looks all muddy and blurry, just do what you do with all your movies"
>>
Why do directors get lauded when a film is loved? They are, or are perceived to be responsible.
>>
>>67484171
No but imagine being Zack, you're handed an abysmal script, your mind is basically that of a 14 year old boy, it's the best you can do to mitigate the damage with what you think is cool.
Zack is to blame for lots of what went wrong but Goyer needs to be given his due also, just like MoS even.
>>
>>67484281
I can't believe someone who is in a board dedicated to film and tv is asking this. Really shows the level of this board.
>>
>not zacks fault!

>hires jesse eisenberg to play lex luthor
>decides olsen should secretly die because its lol fun
>>
The movie wasn't that bad, it just had potential to be perfect but the writers got complacent in a few places. I think this is the only Snyder flick I've really enjoyed except maybe Watchmen Director's Cut.
>>
It would have been good without doomsday and wonderwoman
>>
So how do you explain Suckerpunch then?
>>
>>67484129
everyone was reluctant because of man of steel, now that it's out and they see the mixed to bad reviews, they understand that it's probably going to be the same problems. Well, probably not everyone but that's how I feel about it, I've given up on it and it has specifically to do with Snyder's name.
>>
>>67484431
>shitty capeshit featuring Superman
>make it even more shitty by turning it into Batman v Superman
>IT COULD HAVE BEEN PERFECT BAAAWWW

Nice delusion you sad sack of shit. Not even Nolan could have made this camp premise not shit.
>>
>>67485013
OK
>>
The directing is worst then the writing.
>>
>>67484129
All directors shape their scripts. Just because he didn't rewrite enough to get a co-writing credit doesn't mean he didn't. There would have been months of rewrites and meetings between him the writers and the other producers as they each fucked it up more and more.

He's good at visual shit. He's shit at storytelling. If he didn't have any influence on the script, why is it as incoherent and sloppy as his passion project that he wrote Sucker Punch.

Goyer can take some of the blame. But when the director is 0-4 of his last 4 movies, seems like there's a trend.
>>
>>67484129
I've been saying that Goyer shouldn't be allowed near a script for years. Anything he's attached to is a shit show.
>>
Nigga do you know what being a director entails
>>
>>67484129
Cuz nigga had superman kill a guy by slamming him thru two concrete walls and in the next scene superman says, "I didn't kill anyone."

Didn't Snyder read his own script ?
>>
Since when do directors not intervene with the script?
>>
>>67484129
BECAUSE ZACK SNYDER IS A FUCKING HACK AND AN IDIOT WHO FUCKS UP EVERYTHING HE TOUCHES.

HE MADE A CAPESHIT MOVIE AS BAD AS SUCKER PUNCH

JUST LET THAT FUCKING SINK IN.
>>
No matter what, I can't bring myself to hate snyder. He's undeniably passionate about what he's doing, he just doesn't have much talent
>>
>Walter, do they call you wally?
>you're the boss, boss
Wow
>>
>>67484129
Goyer is the giant metal spider guy from Wild Wild West.

He's the guy the studio puts on the project to make it 'work' for general audiences. I don't like his stuff. You can spot it in all of his projects.
>>
>>67484129
Did the script cut around like a bitch or use shit sfx?
>>
File: 1276468788462.jpg (265 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1276468788462.jpg
265 KB, 400x400
Remove Doomsday and WW, hire an actual fucking editor and it would have been a good movie, still panned by critics for not being a quipfest but at least a good movie.
The main problems were:

1)The editing, scenes come and go by without any decent rythm nor sense.
2)Having to set up Justice League SO BAD, imagine if in Iron Man 1 one third of the movie was trying to already sell you another movie, leading to the awful scene in Batfleck computer with the trailers
3)Direction in the Doomsday fight was a fucking videogame.

But I can't stress enough how having to shoehorn the JL movie in ruined this movie.
>>
>>67488887
>still panned by critics for not being a quipfest
yeah because that's the problem
>>
File: 1458779874558.png (323 KB, 1270x1635) Image search: [Google]
1458779874558.png
323 KB, 1270x1635
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.