[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, why the fuck is it so hard for them to make a good Superman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: Super man.jpg (2 MB, 3000x2062) Image search: [Google]
Super man.jpg
2 MB, 3000x2062
Alright, why the fuck is it so hard for them to make a good Superman movie.

Is it that hard to make him inspiring again?

Is it that hard to show him doing Superman things and actually being Superman?
>>
>>67479137
Yes, it is hard apparently.

>he's an alien
>aliens do what they want
>collateral damage, not his problem
>>
Gee I wonder why the most overpowered alien superhero is not relatable for modern audiences.

Here's a hint: Iron Man, Cap, and Batman are the most popular capshits
>>
>>67479137
>Is it that hard to make him inspiring again?
Because it's post 9-11 and that shit would be cringey as fuck. We live in a very cynical world now if you haven't realized.
>>
>>67479438
>>aliens do what they want

And he wanted to save the planet

Yes, there was collateral damage. If Zod had succeeded, the entire PLANET EARTH would have been terraformed.

So the collateral damage is pretty fucking minor in that sense.
>>
>>67479137

We already have those versions. Go watch them again.

I like him the way he is.
>>
Why not just adapt Peace on Earth?
>>
I just want Superman fighting dinosaurs in downtown Metropolis and saving Jimmy Olsen after he tries to use some kooky Kryptonian device and causes havoc.

How hard is this?
>>
>>67479596
Man of Murder isn't supposed to have happy vibes, it's grimdark and edgy to cater to the Batman crowd
>>
>>67479137
honestly, I think it's because he shouldn't be gritty. Old supes movies weren't gritty, they were pretty corny.

Capeshit being gritty is stupid anyway, it's a bunch of mary-sues beating the shit out of other mary-sues, it doesn't have to be raining all the time.

I think that's where Marvel does capeshit better.
>>
>>67479438
Are you fucking serious? The first thing he did was take Doomsday out into space this time.
>>
>>67479643
>it's a bunch of mary-sues beating the shit out of other mary-sues

how the hell is a superman, who can't save everybody and is rejected by the few people he saves, a mary sue?!
>>
>>67479137

Because Superman is a camp joke from the 1940s. Everything about him, from his gay costume to his emotional simplicity, is laughably irrelevant to 21st century society and trying to force this cartoon character into a modern setting will always be doomed to failure.
>>
>>67479137
Do we need another hour of Kripton exploding, origins of the fortress of solitude, and forced love subplot?
>>
File: 1306006449680.jpg (33 KB, 347x396) Image search: [Google]
1306006449680.jpg
33 KB, 347x396
>>67479774
>laughably irrelevant to 21st century society
>>
>talking about bat vs soup with my huge comicfag friend today, same as after I watch any capeshit movies
>I joke that superman returns and man of steel were so shit, it's getting to the point that Smallville will become the definitive superman of our time
>he stopped for a minute like he was going to argue then just looked defeated and said "yeah I guess so"

I laughed pretty hard for a few seconds but then I just felt sorry for him.
>>
Superman 1, 2 and Returns are all good Superman movies.

The problem is general audiences these days want Superman to be punching people in the fucking face and murdering people I guess.
>>
>>67479488
Are you implying these idiots are more relatable?
>Iron-Man
>1%er, genius inventor, playboy
>Cap
>blast from the past, on steroids, dresses like a fag
>Batman
>1%er, genius, moody asshole, possibly a psychopath
If anything, Superman was raised on a farm like your typical redneck fagit, he's far more relatable his character isn't defined by his superpowers
>>
>>67479488
Spider-Man is the most relatable
>>
>>67479500
>>67479774
These
>>
Maybe these directors should stop trying to put their own twist on things and adhere to the comics more thoroughly.
>>
>>67480205
You're focussing on the ways they are different and not ways they are the same
>>
>>67479137
Damn that actually looks really good, what's it from? I wish Superman looked like that in BvS
>>
>>67479137
Because he's supposed to be a flying invicible superpowered man. Flying scenes alone always look weird, but with superman, we're talking aerial battles, which are a bitch to film. Then he's so damn overpowered, the fights become underwhelming because you know there's never really any danger in it for him unless Kryptonite or some other plot device is thrown into the mix.

Superman as a character will never lend itself well to film. Batman on the other hand works because he's a normal guy with a toolbelt. Most other superheroes work because they are still bound to the ground. When we start dealing with aerial superheroes, shit always gets ugly.
>>
How is he inspiring, again?
What people find inspiring is weak underdogs fighting against all odds, not condescending godlike beings helping grannies to cross the road to stroke their super egos. Superman is inherently unlikable.
>>
MoS was amazing.
>>
>>67479774
You have to make him a cuck. It's the only way it'd translate.
>>
>>67479770

Faggot
>>
>>67481413
But they already made Superman a cuck once and it didn't work
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.