[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prestige
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: prestige.jpg (109 KB, 855x1200) Image search: [Google]
prestige.jpg
109 KB, 855x1200
does the clone or real one die every time?
>>
>>67477591
the clone

until the clone kills the real one and then its clones killing clones
>>
both are equally the real one
>>
>>67477650

no one existed before the other one
>>
>>67477591
real one
>>
This had too many doubles, I couldn't follow.
>>
What clone? The machine doesn't work.
>>
>>67477591
Movie should be renamed check em
>>
>>67477736

what?
>>
>>67477736
sure it does
>>
>>67477591

To answer this question is to understand consciousness.
>>
>>67477736
This. Does /tv/ even know how to watch films? This thread is embarrassing.
>>
>>67477702
You're missing the point, they both are exact copies of eachother. So in a way, from what I believe, yes the one who starts the machine in the first place dies, but think about the clone, it has the exact same memories, from its point of view IT started the machine. Thus you can't tell if you're going to survive or not.
>>
File: plot_twist.jpg (159 KB, 555x369) Image search: [Google]
plot_twist.jpg
159 KB, 555x369
>>67477723
>>67477758
pathetic
>>
Why don't we use an image from this movie for dubs? It is literally dubs: the movie

also check em
>>
the real one dies, the clone lives with the memories of the real one
>>
in the books when bordin turns off the machine one of the clones lives but he's all fucked up

i cant fathom why that hack nolan would change this part. worst adaptation of all time
>>
>>67478038

like in the star trek transporter accident?
>>
>>67478080
i dont know?

>Angier's new act is as successful as Borden's. Borden, in retaliation, attempts to discover how "In a Flash" is performed. During one performance he breaks into the backstage area and turns off the power to Angier's device. The subsequent teleportation is incomplete, and both the duplicated Angier and the "prestige" Angier survive, but the original feels increasingly weak while the duplicate seems to lack physical substance. The original Angier fakes his own death in order to put behind his public persona of a magician and returns as the heir to his family estate, Caldlow House, without any publicity. While there, he becomes terminally ill.

>The duplicate Angier, alienated from the world by his ghostly form, discovers Borden's secret. He attacks one of the twins before a performance. However, Borden's apparent poor health and the duplicate Angier's sense of morality prevent the assault from becoming murder. It is implied that this particular Borden dies a few days later, and the incorporeal Angier travels to meet the corporeal Angier, now living as the 14th Earl of Colderdale. They obtain Borden's diary and publish it without revealing the twins' secret. Shortly afterwards, the corporeal Angier dies and his ghostly clone uses Tesla's device to teleport himself into the body, hoping that either he will reanimate it and be whole again, or kill himself instantly. It is revealed in the final chapter that some form of Angier has continued to survive to the present day.
>>
>>67477798

Of course the machine fucking works.
>>
>>67478201
Holy shit. The book looks interesting
>>
>>67478328
Naw, if you rewatch the movie the machine is never shown to work in present time. It's all in somebody's mind or lied about in a diary.
>>
>>67478201
what about the other borden twin that didn't die? what happens to him?
>>
The Great Danton says check 'em
>>
>>67478562
So where did all the fuckinh clones come from?
>>
>>67477591
given the trap door apparatus, I'd say the original one dies each time, which makes him bat shit insane in terms of the lengths he'll go to for revenge.

But he says a line that's something like "I never know if I'll be the one in the box or the prestige." I don't know if that means that sometimes he teleports and sometimes he doesn't, or if the clones themselves don't know they're clones.
>>
>>67477591
The Illusionist is better
>>
>>67480220
It's a fan theory that is never able to answer that simple question.

We see dead Angiers in the movie, therefore the machine works.
>>
>michael cane plays a butler
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.