[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Directors that actors hate > "Colin Farrell kept
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: MrWantsToFuckNature.jpg (1 MB, 1354x2048) Image search: [Google]
MrWantsToFuckNature.jpg
1 MB, 1354x2048
ITT:

Directors that actors hate

> "Colin Farrell kept saying, 'My character, he's a fuckin' osprey. That's how he sees me.' You’d be playing a passionate scene, and he’d say in that strange southern voice of his, mixed with Harvard and Oxford, ‘Ah, jes’ stop a minute, Chris. I think there’s an osprey flying over there. Do you mind if I just take a few shots?’
>>
Sean Penn on ToL

>"I didn’t at all find on the screen the emotion of the script, which is the most magnificent one that I’ve ever read. A clearer and more conventional narrative would have helped the film without, in my opinion, lessening its beauty and its impact. Frankly, I’m still trying to figure out what I’m doing there and what I was supposed to add in that context! What’s more, Terry himself never managed to explain it to me clearly."
>>
> It was kind of a wash for me in terms of learning something as an actor, because Terry uses actors in a different way -- he'll [have the camera] on you and then tilt up and go up to a tree, so you think, 'Who's more important in this -- me or the tree?' But you don't ask him, because you don't want to know the answer."
>>
Mickey Rourke dislikes him as well

How long until we hear about the actors and actresses that have grown to hate him after Knight of Cups
>>
Just let him film the next Planet Earth then

He sounds like a furry desu
>>
Not surprised people aren't responding to you though, /tv/ loves to circle jerk this guy so I'll bump you one more time.
>>
>>67475628

Based Malick.

https://youtu.be/xw08GQw0hBI
>>
Tom Lennon:

>“We’re all standing there and Malick hands out these pieces of paper to all of us,” Lennon said. “And the one he gave me said, ‘There’s no such thing as a fireproof wall.’ And I ask, ‘Is this something I’m supposed to say in the scene?’ and he said, ‘I don’t know.’”

later he's having a fight with his wife on the phone.

>“We were basically yelling at each other,” Lennon said. “And at that point Malick himself came up to me with a camera with a stubby lens and got, I’m not kidding, eight inches away from my face, filming me having this totally real fight with my wife. At first I felt it was kind of an invasion of privacy and then I was like, ‘F— it, this is the realest thing that has happened all day.’”
>>
Since crafting a potently polarising masterpiece with 2011's The Tree Of Life, Malick has become a man on a mission. A mission to stuff a movie so full of coded self-indulgence it seems like a perverse joke that has misplaced its own punchline. The result is ludicrous self-parody - somewhere between a Calvin Klein aftershave advertisement and a coffee-table book about the modernist mansions of the rich and famous.
>>
>>67476562
Thomas Lennon should be thankful he got a nonmeme role desu
>>
Will the failure of Knight of Cups cause him to rethink himself? Or will he just give up and go on hiatus again
>>
File: bresson-07.jpg (26 KB, 400x312) Image search: [Google]
bresson-07.jpg
26 KB, 400x312
>ITT: directors that rightly treat actors as props
>>
>>67476416
Based Malick?

Sounds more like Based Plummer and Based Farrell
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.