[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favorite out of these 4?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
What's your favorite out of these 4?
>>
Is this even a contest?

Of course fucking HBO.
>>
Adult Swim if only for introducing me to Cowboy Bebop.
>>
>>67470350
The one with Eric Andre
>>
>>67470642
This, shame it's mostly just MacFarlane garbage and live action shit these days.
I still can't believe they just cancelled Aqua Teen for no reason.
>>
Piratebay
>>
>>67470669
>for no reason
It was getting stale as shit, would you rather they just ran it all the way into the ground before they canceled it?
>>
i only watch fx for sunny, otherwise adult swim.
>>
Currently: FX
All-time: HBO

FX's current lineup blows HBO out of the fucking water
>>
>>67470669
American Dad is the only show of his I can stomach and what do you know, that's the one he contributes to the least, if at all.
>>
NBCKINO
>>
>>67470350
HBO. No question.
>>
>>67470350

Recently, FX

Of all time? HBO because they have the best shows to ever come on tv.
>>
>>67470705
it literally was the same show for 15 years, if you honestly thought it was getting stale then you probably never even liked the show in the first place.
>>
>>67470350
Fx had Legit and Wilfred, but HBO had FOTC and eastbound and Down. And I know its old but in like 2006-2007 NBC had the GOAT Thursday night comedy line up of Earl, 30 rock, Office, and Scrubs.
>>
>>67470705
But it literally was cancelled for no reason, even the creators mentioned that they got cancelled out of the blue during the middle of the season.
There was no reason that they couldn't have given them one last finale season for the show that practically made the fucking network.
>>
FX has more shows I watch
Fargo
The Americans
American Crime Story
You're The Worst
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

What does HBO have?
cheesy shit like GoT?
"nerd" "comedy" Silicon Valley?
"the thick of it lite" veep?
the awful embarrassment that is Vinyl?
Girls went to shit by season three.
HBO has shit all.

Upcoming HBO shows that may be good:
-Westworld
-Vice Principles

inb4 anyone claims netflix is superior to either of them. lel
>>
>>67470742
not only that but aqua was the only reason adult swim even got off its feet and became something. You would think lazlo would show them some respect and give them a proper finale season.
>>
JustinTV

So sad.
>>
I have only watched and finished 1 HBO show and hat was sopranos, the best show of all time. That being said, the rest of there shit is practically cancer so fx because I like a majority of their shows and they aren't scared to try a new show even if it flops hard like the strain or tyrant or atleast I think it sucks
>>
I'm a weeb faggot so Adult Swim for it's Toonami block.
But otherwise I'll have to go with FX. I can't put my finger on when HBO lost me. I think it was GoT Season 4? Nothing there really interests me anymore.
>>
>>67470788
I was so fucking hyped for Vinyl too. Winter is fucking done.
>>
>>67470742
>same show for 15 years
That's the definition of getting stale my mentally valiant compatriot. I agree about the lack of a good finale, though.
>>
>>67470886
>the rest of there shit is practically cancer
>The Wire
>Boardwalk Empire
>Band of Brothers
>Generation Kill
>Empire Falls
>True Detective (Season 1)
>The Leftovers
>Olive Kitteridge
>Show Me a Hero

It's not all universally great, even within these ones that I've named, but it's a million times better than any of that network TV garbage.
>>
>>67470893
Has Toonami gotten any better recently?
I stopped watching regularly when the block got cut by 3 hours and I couldn't do the Toonami Gold badge with /co/ anymore (also since they stopped playing Space Dandy).
>>
>>67471126
>hbo

DUDE BOOBS AND CURSING LMAO
>>
>>67471126
>It's not all universally great, even within these ones that I've named, but it's a million times better than any of that network TV garbage.

qft
>>
>>67470350
All of the best TV shows - with the exception of Mad Men - are on HBO.

However, HBO's current line-up is weak as fuck and FX are crushing it:

>The Americans
>Fargo
>OJ
>Sunny

Fargo S2 was one of the most consistently brilliant seasons of TV in the past few years. The Americans may well join the elite tier by the end of its run. HBO need to step the fuck up.
>>
File: image.jpg (338 KB, 1899x1070) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
338 KB, 1899x1070
>>67471126
>no Rome on that list
Dropped like Pompey's head
>>
>>67471184
>NBC
DUDE UNFUNNY GIMMICK SHOWS FOR THE LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR LMAO
>[adult swim]
DUDE ALT-COMEDY FOR STONERS LMAO
>FX
DUDE LOOK HOW EDGY WE CAN BE ON BASIC CABLE LMAO

See? We can play this game with every network.
>>
>>67471273
I demand more of these for more networks
>>
>>67471126
>No Carnivale
>No Sopranos
>No Rome
>No Deadwood
>No Oz
>No Larry Sanders Show
>No Mr.Show
>No Curb
>No Life and Times of Tim
>No Enlightened
>No Angels in America
>No Big Love
>No Entourage
>No Midnight Mac
>No Gus Van Sant's Last Days
>No Six Feet Under
>No Treme
]>No Vinyl

Get better taste friendo
>>
>>67471126
>I hate the wire
>Got bored of Boardwalk after jimmy died[\spoiler]
The rest are literally what for me
>>
FX is putting out some incredible television right now, while HBO has shit like GoT

Adult Swim hasn't put out anything decent in a while

NBC is permashit
>>
>>67471167
Haven't watched in a while, I believe they're currently marathoning DBZKai. Also most likely showing repeats of Champloo and Kill la Kill.
>>
>>67471595

>what is The Leftovers
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.