[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>we could have had a 4th Christopher Nolan batman flick instead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 182x268) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 182x268
>we could have had a 4th Christopher Nolan batman flick instead of BMv.s.SM.

It literally would have been this fucking easy.
>>
Nolan's Batman is over. Get over it.
>>
Christopher Nolan made a comment last year that he wouldn't be opposed to a 4th Dark Knight movie at some point later down the line.
>>
fuck off
nolans batman are as mediocre as any capeshit
>>
>>67468089
No.
Get over me not getting over it.
>>
TDKR has gone full retard and there's no coming back
>>
>>67468099
They're literally the highest rated superhero movies off the past 10 years faggot.

Are you going to try and tell me XMEN or fucking Ant Man were any better?
>>
>>67468061
Nolan's Batman is hardly a flick
It's atleast a film, especially with Dark Knight
>>
>>67468164
Tru
>>
>>67468146
Batman Begins is the best of the 3, it's a competent and well round, if nothing remarkable, and it definitely benefits from the character is batman. If it were any other superhero no body would give as much of a fuck

The Dark Knight is saved by Heath Ledger's GOAT Joker performance. But take that away and you have a story that doesn't really make much sense and the plot is driven largely by coincidence.

The Dark Knight Rises, is so fucking stupid and has awkward pacing. There a so many cringe worthy moments and dialogues that it's hard to watch. Who the fuck sends ALL the police in the tunnel anyway.

Also Nolan has no idea how to shoot action sequences.
>>
>>67468146
Never saw Ant Man but X2 is easily a better film than any of the Nolan Batmans. As a fanboy you might that hard to swallow, but Nolan is a poor filmmaker.
>>
>>67468061
The Dark Knight Rises was as close as we were going to get to The Dark Knight Returns without bringing Joker back or involving Superman.
>>
>>67468360
we literally have a superman v batman movie out right now
>>
BvS > The Nolan "Batman" trilogy

Easily, far and away. I get that most of you saw them as impressionable 12-16 year olds, but they were sloppy, poorly written, and ashamed of the source material. At least this film embraces where it came from.

Bale's "Batman" threw haymakers. He retired to cry in a mansion for eight years after taking out a couple criminals. Affleck's fucks. He continues his endless war on crime, he's prepared, he's brutal.
>>
>>67468399
Yeah, I just mean that Nolan making TDKR as a fourth film would be fairly redundant, that's all.
>>
>>67468399
And it's shit anon, a Nolan Dark Knight Returns would've been better.
>>
>>67468461
>The Nolan "Batman" trilogy > BvS
>Affleck > Bale
Just because Batman was better, doesn't mean the movie was better.
>>
Not like Rises was really any better
>>
>>67468481
>a Nolan Dark Knight Returns would've been better
And also shit.

Sums up the Nolan films well: better, but also shit.
>>
>>67468306

My very thoughts exactly. Begins was as high as anybody can elevate capeshit, Dark Knight is massively overrated and Rises is crap.
>>
>>67468061
I'd have been okay with a 4th Nolan Batman if TDKR wasn't absolute dogshit.

Not that BvS is any good either.
>>
>>67468306
/thread
>>
>>67468461
Batfleck may be better as Batman, but the flick still sucks. Nolan's trilogy is way, way better in terms of the story and substance.
>>
>>67468515
Begins and TDK are good. TDKR isn't very good I agree. But Nolan is, at least, capable, unlike Snyder.
>>
>>67468492
Agreed, but it's just one of many comparisons

>>67468586
I'm sorry man, there was nothing there. Nolan's story was nothing, TDK mentioning justice and anarchy and these deep themes does not a good trilogy make. There was more pathos is Batfleck's war, in Superman's conflict, his relationship with Lois, fear for his mother, and Snyder's evocative direction and photography than the whole of the Nolan trilogy.
>>
>>67468598
>Begins and TDK are good. TDKR isn't very good I agree.
None of them are good.
>But Nolan is, at least, capable, unlike Snyder.
In what way? Nolan has stronger conceptuals, better thematic material, and better actors at his disposal. But on a whole, Nolan is about as capable a filmmaker as Michael Bay. He's the very opposite of capable.

Not to defend Snyder. He sucks.
>>
>>67468758
Bay is ass, Nolan isn't great but he is better than Bay. Nolan is 'pleb-good'.
>>
>>67468807
Not that anon but Bay is way better. He can handle large scale action, humor, character moments, no comparison.
>>
Nolan didn't even want to make a THIRD Batman movie after his buddy Heath died.

That's why he made a shitty Tale of Two Cities adaptation and shoved Batman in there.
>>
>>67468807
Bay and Nolan are on equal footing when it comes to visual grammar. They are both abysmal.
>>
>>67468146
antman was better than batman begins
>>
>>67468877

Nolan could not have made The Rock.
>>
>>67468944
This is absolutely, unironically correct.
>>
>>67468061
If Heat didn't die they'd probably be filming the fifth Nolan Batman movie by now and probably had him appear in Cavills Man of Steel.
>>
>>67468146
Ant Man was great you fucking stupid pleb
>>
>>67468164
>
>>
>>67468306
for you
>>
File: 1423000488655.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1423000488655.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>we could have got another plane scene
>got this fucking garbage instead
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.