[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've witnessed a lot of petulant capeshit arguments in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 2014_guardians_of_the_galaxy.jpg (3 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
2014_guardians_of_the_galaxy.jpg
3 MB, 2880x1800
So I've witnessed a lot of petulant capeshit arguments in the last few days, and one of the most consistent is that "Guardians of the Galaxy" was not only a major risk, but also wildly different from Disney Marvel's typical oeuvre. Now I hate all capeshit culdoldry, so I have no dog in this particular fight, BUT... Can someone please tell me what was so risky about this thing?

>It wasn't overtly connected to Avengers.
Neither are 99.999% of all movies ever made
>It was a weird space fantasy
Ever seen fucking Star Wars? Space operas aren't anything new
>It had crazy weird characters.
What, because of groot? Ever seen Chewie in Star Wars? Do you mean Rocket Racoon? Are people not used to cartoon characters? DO you mean Green Chick and Purple Guy? Again, Star Wars.
>It was light hearted and goofy
So is every Marvel film.

This movie was Avengers in space. Why do people treat it like some weird arthouse thing?
>>
It was shit, just like all the other capeshit.
>>
>>67457279
This one felt even worse than the others, desu. Nothing in this movie mattered. There were no stakes. And I really fucking hate Chris Pratt. He is the most overrated living human being.
>>
Because they were banking on a group of characters that nobody knew jackshit about.

When you put it like that, it does sound like a formula for success. But you have the advantage of looking at this in hindsight. It was a big risk. It could very well have been Jupiter Ascending 2.0, or any number of other forgotten scifi bombs.
>>
Films don't have to be good anymore for certain people. They just have to be different and a risk for creatively bankrupt studios. That alone wins points for some audiences.
>>
>>67457415
You know studios have been pumping out schlock since the silent era, right?
>>
>>67457395
>Because they were banking on a group of characters that nobody knew jackshit about.

The same could be said of the vast majority of movies ever made. They used the same damn formula as every other Marvel film. Do you really think the average moviegoer knew or cared enough about Captain America or the MIghty fucking Thor to make those movies a guaranteed success? I'm sorry, but that shit don't matter. Every story element in this movie was bland and predictable. This movie was not nearly the "risk" people make it out to be.
>>
>>67457415
There was no risk involved in this movie. It was as cold and calculated as any blockbuster mad>>67457415
e in the last 30 years. Please don't buy into the Marvel capeshit hype. It's just gross.
>>
>>67457240
People talk about this movie like it was Eraserhead or ssomething. It was just as bland and calculated as any movie Marvel has ever made, if not more so.
>>
>>67457240
This is literally Capekino. It is the best comic book film ever made. I defy you to prove me wrong.
>>
>>67457783
>>67457783
Dark Knight. Spider-man 2. Batman v Superman.
>>
>capeshit

Literally a meme buzzword that doesn't mean ANYTHING
>>
>>67457783
I got laid after watching it last night with this girl I met so hey sure why not.
>>
>>67458166
literally means superficial superhero comic books unlike superior nip comics like jo-jo
>>
>>67457240
It was to juvenile for me
I can't believed people like this stupidfeast garbage.
>>
>>67458994
*two
>>
>>67459026
*toe
>>
>>67457522
>Do you really think the average moviegoer knew or cared enough about Captain America or the MIghty fucking Thor

Yes.

>Every story element in this movie was bland and predictable

Yes. Welcome to the world of movies, where 99% of them are bland and predictable. Congrats on finally seeing through the veneer though, you special snowflake you.

>This movie was not nearly the "risk" people make it out to be.

You seem to be unable to grasp what makes a movie a risk. Its actually getting people in seats, which believe it or not, isn't done by revealing the entirety of the movie to them.
>>
File: gotg.jpg (134 KB, 683x470) Image search: [Google]
gotg.jpg
134 KB, 683x470
Guardians did it first. Suicide Squad is just coping the plot but with edgy characters.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 215x396) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 215x396
>>67457240
>muh I don't like fun

Go jump off a cliff you elitist prick. Always complaining over Superhero movies. If you don't like it then don't watch it and fuck off.

Not everything needs to be fucking Shakespearean garbage
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.