[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
better than re-animator some of the greatest practical effects ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: p9606_p_v8_aa.jpg (359 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p9606_p_v8_aa.jpg
359 KB, 960x1440
better than re-animator

some of the greatest practical effects ever
>>
Got a link? I found Re-Animator on youtube once but it's since been taken down.
>>
>>67449806

it's on kickass torrents
>>
it's a fun flick
>>
Haven't seen this one. Will check it out.

So far my favourite horror in terms of practical effects is The Blob. Maybe not as elaborate as others, but still creepy as fuck. Yuzna's own Society also has some amazing work in it.
>>
>>67449924

i will check this out as well, i've never seen. i've haven't seen much of Yuznas work besides this and reanimator so i'll check out Society. anything else from him you recommend?
>>
the effects really aren't that good, but like with re-animator that's part of the charm.
>>
>>67450007

the final form of pretorious and the pineal gland coming out of the forehead are some of the most memorable effects i've ever seen in a film.
>>
Not better than Re-Animator, but still fucking awesome. Crampton is my horror-fu
>>
I like how unconventional the movie is. It kind of abandons everything from the first act and goes off the rails for the 2nd/3rd act until the ending sequence.
>>
File: ed3Mo.gif (585 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
ed3Mo.gif
585 KB, 624x352
>starring barbara crampton
>>
>>67449994

A good Yuzna is Necronomicon. Anthology movie, I think he only directed one of the segments (another director in it is Christophe Gansm who did the first Silent Hill movie and Brotherhood of the Wold) but it's good. Loosely based on Lovecraft stories, also some decent practical effects.
>>
>>67449743
i dunno, the giant worm thing in the basement that fights ken foree sort of looked like a dude wearing a garbage bag
>>
File: comfyhomer.jpg (6 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
comfyhomer.jpg
6 KB, 260x194
>>67450488
>when you put on an 80s horror flick and Ken Foree shows up
>>
is there a more comfy director than Yuzna?
>>
>>67449994
guys stuart gordon directed this and re-animator, yuzna was a producer and directed bride of re-animator
>>
>>67450725
Yuzna had more hands on this and reanimator than gordon did
>>
The Thing was the only good Lovecraftian movie with practical effects
>>
From Beyond is a pleb filter. Most people don't get it. You have to understand the nature of LSD to truly "GET" it.
>>
Speaking of Stuart Gordon, anybody seen Castle Freak? It's a surprisingly good low budget Band Family film from the 90s, seems like it'd be a super shitty straight to video hunk of garbage but it's a nuanced, scary, and intelligent film with really nasty effects. Plus based Jeffrey Combs playing a troubled alcoholic father instead of an autistic wackjob is great.
>>
>>67450226
did she do a single movie she didn't show her tits and bush in?
>>
God damn that VHS cover gave me nightmares as a kid.
>>
>better than re-animator

I'm so glad somebody shares this opinion.
>>
>>67451863
i love you
>>
>>67451809
You're Next.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.