[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can a Fanedit fix BvS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: bat-super.jpg (64 KB, 900x563) Image search: [Google]
bat-super.jpg
64 KB, 900x563
With more than 2 hours of material to work with (3 if you count the extended cut), what would you add/remove to make the movie better?
>>
The political bullshit in the first act
90% of the Daily Planet scenes
>>
It needed some action at the beginning. I liked everything else
>>
>>67448331
Wasn't the beginning agreed to be one of the stronger parts of the movie?
>>
remove Doomsday and especially "Supes dying twice and coming back to life TWICE in 5 minutes" part

everything else was alright
>>
>>67448405
>Supes dying twice and coming back to life TWICE in 5 minutes
What? He just dies once and stays dead, what are you talking about?
>>
>>67448405
>remove Doomsday
That shouldn't be too hard to do. You can even leave some of the setup for that as a teaser for the next film, reframing the entire climax around the Batman/Superman fight. It would greatly improve the focus of the story I think.
>>
File: CIA4u.jpg (38 KB, 622x354) Image search: [Google]
CIA4u.jpg
38 KB, 622x354
Something I didn't like were the seemingly endless 'end scenes'
>the ring
>the funeral
>lex luther laughing
>batman dialogue
>back to funeral
>IF YOU ARE HERE LOOK AROUND YOU memorial
>more batman dialogue
>I HAVE A FEELING
>throwing dirt on Kent's grave

I feel like this would've made a better ending, keeping the whole movie in tact
>superman funeral
>scrap that lex luther scene just show him going to jail
>scarp that ring scene
>Batman and WW talking
>"we're going to have to fight again"
>"how do you know, batman?"
>"theres something you should see"
>pic related scenes come on in rapid viewing and cut to credits

fuck off with the dirt rising bullshit
>>
Video editing software being readily available these days, I'm surprised more people don't do this with movies they dislike but can see potential in.
>>
Snyder's films are a veritable goldmine of usable footage.
>>
>>67448276
Needs more delicious Wonder Thighs
>>
>>67449483
We'll most likely get more of her in the R-Rated cut.
>>
This will definitely have a fan edit

Or better yet, a better director's cut ala Daredevil
>>
Scenes needed to stick with one character for more then just 1 scene. It was constantly jumping from character to character and it never quite found its groove
>>
>>67448276
>Remove Doomsday
>Recast Lex
>Remove Lex
>Remove Wonder Woman
>Add more between Supes and Bats that isn't fighting
>>
Was Doomsday supposed to be the CG equivalent of the Wilhelm scream? I've seen that face in at least 4 - 5 movies going back to the cave troll in LOTR. Regardless that entire sub-plot should be gone. The Doomsday fight was like an all you can eat shit buffet.

Speaking of wilhelm scream, did the driver of the car Batman flipped over when the batmobile first appeared do one? I thought I heard it but more subdued than usual because inside car with windows rolled up.
>>
>>67449665
>Recast Lex
Its a hypothetical fan edit, not a remake. You can only work with the footage you have.
>>
>>67448276
Take out lex Luther and have him teased for the next film

No direct shot of wonder woman, instead keep her as some mysterious bitch at the party who steals batman's shit

Absolutely no doomsday

Change the detective plot to being about batman discovering who superman is (I know that requires more than editing but whatever)

No Laurence fishburn or daily planet

Cut Lois lane by a few scenes

Have the entire movie be more directly about batman and superman as opposed to just focusing on them in the last 45 minutes
>>
>>67449795
>Change the detective plot to being about batman discovering who superman is
The whole mystery around Superman's identity never made sense to me, even in the originals. It's probably better to take it as public knowledge.
>>
>>67448461
he went into space and died and then the sun healed him
>>
The critics have been payed off by Disney so Marvel Studios can corner the capeshit market.
>>
File: sony_spidey.jpg (41 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
sony_spidey.jpg
41 KB, 600x400
>>67449970
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!
>>
>>67449758
Edit in scenes of Spacey from Superman Returns.
>>
>>67448276
>remove Doomsday
>remove Wonder Woman
>remove nightmares
>remove piss joke
and then you would at least have a 6/10
>>
File: lexwrong-1.jpg (10 KB, 477x204) Image search: [Google]
lexwrong-1.jpg
10 KB, 477x204
>>67450139
Could work.
>>
>Remove Lex tics, the jar and 90% of his jokes. I would keep the prison scene but removing the ding ding ding ding.
>Put more spikes in Doomsday just like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX6Fa_bVCro
>Remove Martha. Lois shows up and tells him to stop, it's the only way.
>Remove last scene with the dirt.
>>
>>67449665
>Remove Wonder Woman
That would only make the movie worse.
>>
>>67448375
if you take away the dream sequence and go straight to Bruce running across Metropolis, yes
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.