[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did Doctor Who go wrong? Eccelston should never have left
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
Where did Doctor Who go wrong? Eccelston should never have left imo. Tennant was good though.
>>
Eccelston only signed on for one season because he had better shit to do after.
>>
>>67446624
>Moffat
>>
>>67446624

is this /who/ general?

if not then you should make your way back there you faggot.
>>
File: 81SqqDjb-KL._SL1300_.jpg (301 KB, 1300x1299) Image search: [Google]
81SqqDjb-KL._SL1300_.jpg
301 KB, 1300x1299
>>67446666
Quads confirm what we already knew
>>
Moffat used up all his ideas before he got control of the show.

Heaven Sent was some good shit though.
>>
>>67446689
>he's a general fag
Guess where you need to go back to?
>>
>watching kids shows
>>
>>67446624
series 6
>>
>>67446624
>stop watching Doctor Who after Tennant leaves because I was a fag
>decide to try it again a few years later
>damn this Matt Smith guy's actually pretty good
>the writings a bit iffy but whatever
>get to the most recent season
>fuck off writers, stop sucking Clara's dick so much, but hey Malcolm Tucker
>get to the ISIS two-parter
>the Doctor gives some long-winded, preachy speech that isn't even that good, redeemed only by Capaldi's acting
>two days after I watch it Paris happens
>drop the show

there's something really off-putting about hack BBC writers presenting their own words through the mouth of a 2,000 year old genius alien. this messianic bullshit started with the tenth doctor and hasn't gone away.
>>
>>67446689
/who/ fags are way better than GoT and TWD shitposters
>>
>>67447099
Show would be dead in the water right now if it wasn't for Capaldi and the tumblr fanbase
>>
>>67446665
Yeah, that went well for him
>>
>>67446624
It went wrong as soon as it was rebooted because the people in charge of it are a bunch of fags and SJWs. the same group of people also ruined sherlock.
>>
File: Miho5iue.jpg (41 KB, 440x607) Image search: [Google]
Miho5iue.jpg
41 KB, 440x607
>>67447407
>one group of washed up middle aged writers who make a living on pandering to tumblr (who don't even appreciate it and hate them for being old white men) ruin two of Britain's most important pop cultural icons in one decade

JUST
>>
What did she tell him in the Cloisters?
>>
The whole structure of the show means it will always go up and down in quality every other week "oh but why is the quality ALWAYS down".

What I've taken away is that when RTD (who, by the way, was never good so let's stop pretending he is. Midnight was 6/10 at best) liked to write or change a good half of every script he got, which would explain why his seasons feel more... consistent.

Moffat just lets writers have free reign for their episodes. "Make it your own", he says.

The ones Moffat has written in his era are by no means worse than the worst Davies had written. Even if they are at least they fucking try to be different than whatever soap opera garbage Davies wrote.

If you're asking "where did the show go wrong" then I'm struggling to see why you thought it was ever good in the first place.

I'm gonna go back to sucking dick now, scuse me.
>>
Eccleston shouldn't have left.
Tennant was a slog.
ReTarD beat it to death.
Moffat raped the corpse.
Matt Smith eased the pain.
Capaldi eased it even more so.

And it's still crap.
>>
It's popular to say that Moffat's best when he's under control, and to an extent I agree. I think on a purely screenwriting level he's still really fucking good. After he leaves Who and in-between Sherlock series' he should maybe try going back to movies. I know Based Wright and Cornish also contributed but Tintin was underrated as fuck.

Oh and Coupling was GOAT.
>>
>anywhere in time and space
>no real continuity
>pretty much any genre is possible

Why don't they get leading science fiction writers in on this?

The actors are usually really good, the set design and costumes are top notch, it's such a shame that it's always shitty writing that lets this show down.

Instead of getting the same shitty writers over and over, why not get someone good? They got Douglas Adams and Neil Gaiman to write good episodes. Just keep doing it.
>>
>>67448740
They got Neil to write episodes, not good ones.
>>
>>67448843
The first one he wrote was good.

Which means they should just keep cycling authors. Someone writes a shitty episode, no biggie, it's not like they're coming back, on to the next one.

Stephen Fry wrote an episode. Maybe it's good, maybe it's terrible, but now it'll never see the light of day.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.