[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mark Kermode On Batman V Superman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: based_kermode.jpg (306 KB, 618x618) Image search: [Google]
based_kermode.jpg
306 KB, 618x618
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1kyzE2We_8
>>
yeup
>>
>>67446096
am I a pleb for liking Kermode?
>>
>>67446453
No, Kermode is patrish. Stuckmann is shit-tier.
>>
>>67446453
No you're patrician.
>>
>It didn't have the Joie de Vivre or the Frisson that it needs in order to work

wut?
>>
Its interesting that the blame really is being placed on Snyders shoulders, not that that is wrong at all, but usually you'd see blame thrown in the way of the actors too, but it seems like for the most part the acting was good, they just had too little to work with
>>
>>67446535
lrn2terminologym8
>>
nevermind that, let's talk about the new iWittr app

and say wassup a lot

and plot an imaginary cruise

and try to remember things about music and then listen to that music while talking over it

and say hello to Jason Isaacs and Stephen Fry and Fairport Convention

and read through the emails of people who for some reason enjoy and encourage these things

and basically waste as much fucking time as we possibly can NOT talking about films

and then when we do talk about films we mumble through it in a crazy rush, strewn with unfinished sentences and mispronounced names

>BBC's flagship film programme
>>
HE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzxf0HtJSjA
>>
>>67446677
The praise or the blame usually lands on the director, but in BvS's case you should also put it on the writers, the producers for demanding a shorter cut of it, and the editor that obviously couldn't deliver that cut.
>>
>>67446096
It didn't even make him angry. Batman v Superman fails both as a good movie and a bad one.
>>
>>67447005
Yeah, we didn't even get a rant, which pretty much dooms it to the worst fate possible: being so average it will be forgotten.
>>
>>67447001
yeah because the ultimate cut is 3 1/2 hours long then it's really warner bros' fault for being scared and not just releasing the long cut - of course a long movie is going to be shit if you cut it down into a short one
>>
>>67446677
its capeshit. nobody cares about acting unless you really really fuck up. tho there's plenty of complaints about cavill and eisenberg going around.
>>
>>67447256
Why not?
You honestly think today's capeshit normies wouldn't commit?
Could have split it in two parts as well.
>>
>>67447256
Yeah, what the movie needs is another few dream sequences.
>>
He called Age of Ultron a masterpiece and said movies like that are the reason he got into film in the first place. I don't trust his word on anything
>>
>>67447653
no I do think they would commit, that's why I think wb is fucking stupid. they did the exact same thing with suckerpunch and watchmen, and both of those got trashed by critics while the directors cut was a masterpiece in watchmen's case and made suckerpunch actually enjoyable
>>
>>67447824
The Watchmen director's cut was far worse than the theatrical cut.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BoL5XICGZg

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>67447256
i wouldn't even mind a 3 1/2 hour movie. just put a fucking piss break and you're good.

tickets are the same price so whatever.

who would really have a problem with a longer movie if it meant better coherence than what we got? if anything blame the studio for forcing them to shorten it so we wouldn't get the free extra hour.

They're just gonna release the director cut on DVD and force everyone to buy/pirate it instead of letting us see it on the big screen, so fuck them and their money grab tactics. movie studio's are literally the OG Ubisoft.
>>
File: 1455571120287.jpg (20 KB, 408x385) Image search: [Google]
1455571120287.jpg
20 KB, 408x385
>>67446096
>Mark "Inception is a masterpiece" Kermode
>>
>>67448232
only because he masturbates over Wally Pfister
>>
>>67447001
This. An hour being edited out has to be the reason for the wonky editing.
>>
>>67447726
He never said that
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzfwDkwUGnM
excellent review from kermode
>>
>>67448033
nah the theatrical cut is a bit worse, not on the same level as suckerpunch/bvs but it's noticeable

>no holllis mason death
>"the comedian was your father" comes out of fucking nowhere
>less time exploring veidt
>less time with the comedian

it didn't make/break the movie but it was still an improvement
>>
>>67448795
>no holllis mason death
This is one of the main reasons why the theatrical cut is better. That scene was awful and completely unnecessary.
>>
>>67449184
nah it's pretty pivotal as to why dan lets veidt get away with the plan - he's pissed at humanity because of it and doesn't really give a shit about the people in new york, and that combined with the fact that all the deaths would be in vain if he spoke up was the reason was why he let veidt live. also I thought the scene was pretty good in contrasting how the heroes of old could never live up to reality
>>
>>67446946
he also thought inside out was a masterpiece.
>>
>>67449549
>thought
He continues to think it's a masterpiece and literally compares every animated film he reviews to it
>>
>>67449639
I stand corrected.
>>
>>67449358
>nah it's pretty pivotal as to why dan lets veidt get away with the plan - he's pissed at humanity because of it
Yes, but we didn't need to have another tedious slow-mo fight scene to convey that.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.