[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After watching the first season I have very mixed feelings about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: mad-men-1024x768.jpg (162 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
mad-men-1024x768.jpg
162 KB, 1024x768
After watching the first season I have very mixed feelings about it. Does it get better or is it just not for me?
>>
S3 is when it really hits its stride, imo.

What did you like/dislike about S1?
>>
>>67443042
It gets better. I consider the first three seasons the weakest of the series. TOO MUCH BETTY
>>
>>67443273
I thought it was just really mundane

I like the setting but really nothing happens
>>
>>67443351
>nothing happens

So drop the show. 'Nothing' 'happens' for a majority of the show. It's all about great writing and character development. If you don't care about that you won't enjoy madmen and are most likely a pleb. Stick to the walking dead friendo
>>
>>67443351

I really don't like people who say this about the show. I feel like they're braindead. No offense OP.
>>
Soap opera for pseudo intellectuals
>>
2 first comments say it gets better and 2 latter say it's not for you. lol
>>
>>67443042
if you didn't jerk off all over season 1 it's definitely not for you
>>
>>67443500
>i posted it again
>>
Season 1 is my least favorite. It's so "oh look it's so 50s/60s. look we drink in the office and hate women!" And plus Don's storyline was always the weakest early on. His military identity shit is lame.
>>
>>67443351
>nothing happens

I feel like the show could almost be called a very long series of character studies. It also had a lot of well-woven psychoanalytic undertones. If these are things you don't tend to appreciate, then it's likely you'll find the show boring.

It's not an action for the sake of action show.
>>
>>67443042
This show is boring as fuck. It's just about people doing business and what their boring lives are like outside of business. Anybody who thinks this show is amazing is just stroking their pretentious ego.

>>67443351
Mundane is exactly what it is.
>>
>>67443717
I don't know why you would bring up action. I was expecting drama from it
>>
>>67443351
Drop the show. It's not for you.
>>
>>67443802
Action as in fast-paced, characters always doing new things/new events happen etc; basically showing major story developments just because 'wow look at what a cool show we made'. Action probs wasn't the right word, but I meant it in the way that Mad Men is not a very actionable show - it works with subtle transformation over time.
>>
File: 1395432128097.png (275 KB, 635x471) Image search: [Google]
1395432128097.png
275 KB, 635x471
3 seasons in and am tired of people bullying peggy
>>
File: 1458414827394.jpg (37 KB, 285x298) Image search: [Google]
1458414827394.jpg
37 KB, 285x298
>ITT: how to spot a pleb
>>
>le too deep for you

Someone already said it, shit show for pseudo intellectuals
>>
>>67443735
You need to be able to empathize to appreciate the show so if you didn't "get" it, it just simply means you are probably autistic
>>
>>67444504
What's a show for true intellectuals then?

And don't say the sopranos which was a great show but i'd argue that it was filled with more psychoanalytic bullshit while mad men just studied human behavior in a much broader sense as well as through the lens of a specific time period
>>
>>67445390
True Detective Season 2
>>
>>67445390
Intelligent television does not exist.
>>
File: petecampbellstairs.gif (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
petecampbellstairs.gif
3 MB, 640x360
>>67443351
the show isn't for you if you really think nothing was happening. You don't understand nuance or character development or relationships

Mad Men is brilliant in every facet
>>
>>67443042
Both.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.