[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Dark and joyless" >"No humor" How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
>"Dark and joyless"
>"No humor"

How are these reviews being taken seriously? It's fucking Batman for Christ's sake; I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge by now that DC is darker and more serious than Dis-I mean, Marvel.

Marvel churns out the same shitty popcorn flicks every year with these lackluster, easily defeated villains and borderline identical plotlines. Seriously, I can sum up Marvel films in basically three sentences:

1. A hero (or a bunch of heroes) discover some powerful artifact/technology/thing that falls into the hands of a villain.
2. They stop the villain.
3. Vague setup for the next film.

God forbid we infuse a superhero movie with some dark tones and moral ambiguity, right? But noooooo, everyone is sucking Disney's wang and loves to shit on anything that doesn't have "muh Avengers" in it.

Fuck.
>>
Also, if you genuinely think any of the following movies are good, you are legit retarded:

Avengers
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant-Man
Either Cap movie
Either Thor movie
>>
>>67439144
Well said anon.
>>
>>67439144

>joyless
>a good thing

listen I like a mature well written movie but if there is no enjoyment factor to be had, why even bother.

The DC animated cartoons are a bit lighter but still are very well written and enjoyable.
>>
>>67439144
Grimdark with absolutely zero levity gets tiring very fast. Nolan's movies were serious in tone but never overly grim.
>>
BvS had a ton of comic relief
The only "dark" thing about it was the grey suits
>>
>>67439144
>DC is darker and more serious
The problem isn't that the movie is dark and serious; it's that it's nothing BUT dark and serious. "Joyless" is not something people want to sit through. A one-note movie is a chore to watch.
>>
>>67439144
>if its not overly saturated in drab grey its a "popcorn flick."
What does that even mean?
>what is winter soldier?
Dcucks are shilling hard
>>
>>67439144
Fuck u Zack
>>
>>67439533
Careful you'll trigger the dc fan boys.

>>67439303
>if you like marvel he doesn't say.
Triggered?
>>
>>67439502
Yeah I actually thought it was kind of funny.
Perry made me laugh almost every time he opened his mouth.
>>
I think the problem is that the people who want something "dark and serious" also don't want to watch super hero movies.
>>
Bitter: The Thread
>>
>>67439144

>DC is darker and more serious

Nah, Superman and Batman were extremely silly. Only the more recent comics try to sound dark and edgy, but literally no one reads them.
>>
>>67439502
The comic relief was awful though, Fishburne character and Alfred looked like like sassy black women when trying to be funny.
>>
>>67439633
>top rated capeshit film of all time is a DC hero

marvelcucks stay triggered
>>
>>67439144
>if it's serious it means it's good!
No you fucking retard. The dialogue was atrocious, the way they "introduced" the other superheroes was embarrasing, the whole fight between them which suddenly ends because of a name...there are very few redeeming qualities in this shitty flick if any. Snyder can't do drama, he should stick to dumb popcorn blockbusters
>>
SERIOUS BAD
FUNNY GOOD
DARK BAD
FUN GOOD

Is film dead?
>>
Movies like "Come and See" are supposed to be dark and joyless, not a fucking superhero movie. And don't go "Marvel" on me, I mean is there any superhero movie that is that is utterly dark and joyless besides BtfoVS? Even stuff like Darkman and Supersonic Man. For fuck's sake Blankman was had levity.
>>
>>67439779
>29% is top
Dcucks triggered
Stay jimmy rustled faggot
>>
>>67439144
Worst collection of slop i've seen since frontier(s). nothing interesting happened at all and there was no compelling reason to feel anything for any of the 3 leads.

0 stars out of a possible 10

Would not watch again, even on free TV.
>>
>>67439769
How could you not like catty bitch Alfred?
>>
>>67439144
Nolan trilogy wasn't joyless or entirely humorless. Nor are any good Batman comics.
>>
>>67439848
Alfred is witty not catty
>>
>tfw the only capeshit I like is the dark capeshit
Everything else is just too childish.
>>
>>67439973
>dark capeshit
>not just as childish but have to justify watching capeshit
Or stop being an insecure edgelord .
>>
>>67439817
>BvS

Dark Knight is the fourth highest rated movie of all time on IMDB, you fucking retard.
>>
>>67440031
>Thinking overrated dark knight was good.
>i only like rotten tomatoes when it's in my favor
>>
>>67439144
I cannot understand how Capeshit and critis work. This movie wasn't a masterpiece but it was pretty decent. By far better than anything Marvel has done so far, except Iron Man maybe. Snyder fucked up a bit with the pace and the amount of shit happening but no way this deserves that 30%.
I am really looking foward to the potential of a solo Affleck movie if he directs it and Justice League with another director.
>>
>>67440093
IMDB is not RT, autist.

>Dark Knight is overrated

Chill, Marvelcuck. Every respectable critic agrees that Dark Knight is the best superhero film of all time. Suck my wang.
>>
>>67440109
>it was pretty decent
>cost hundreds of millions of dollars to make
>pretty decent
That's the problem
>>
File: grant_twitter[1].jpg (547 KB, 475x500) Image search: [Google]
grant_twitter[1].jpg
547 KB, 475x500
>It's fucking Batman for Christ's sake

And over and over again through the years, people have come up with inventive, clever ways to portray him. There is darkness inside him, sure, but you have to remember there's an entire universe in Bruce's head.

Portraying him as a stoic, depressed hero the entire time sure doesn't help. His quips, while welcomed, made no sense when he was stomping bad guys across the floor and running over people in his Battank.
>>
Marvel babbies aren't used to their capeshit being morally grey and rich with consequences. Capekino turns them away because of the lack of le snarky wit, bright colours and ebin radio pop songs.
>>

It's not a Batman movie, or at least it wasn't supposed to be
>>
>>67440018
Well yeah they're all cartoons at their core but seeing dudes making unfunny jokes for two hours is just a waste of time. I like capeshit that feels like an actual movie.

I haven't even seen this so it might be shit. But so many reviews slamming it for not being fun is bizarre.
>>
>>67440139
>everyone that agress with me says its the best.
Raging dcucks everyone.
Sorry but bane was a shit villan. Joker stole the show. Bale sounded like he had throat cancer and scarecrow was shit.
No it wasn't that good of a trilogy. Legers joker is what carried it.
The first avengers was better than dark knight
>>
>>67440165
Age of Ultron had a huge ass budget and is consistently ranked as one of the most overrataed superhero movies.

Just because BvS had a $250 million budget doesn't mean it should have won a fucking Academy Award. With a few rare exceptions, movies are made for their fans and general audiences, not some snob critic from Salon who pans anything that isn't The Godfather
>>
>>67440165
>That's the problem
Were they your money or the RT critic's?
>>
>>67440165
But critics did not judge it with it's budget in mind, but rather the quality.
I walked in expecting Age of Ultron tier bad and i was surprised.
>>
Can someone who has seen the movie explain the ending to me, how the dirt on Superman's coffin moved, showing he is alive? Is there something in the movie, some sort of plot device, that explains how Superman can come back from the dead? i don't understand how Superman can come back from being dead on his own
>>
>>67440211
>*tips fedora*
>*takes a huge hit from his vape*
>marvel is shit because its not morally gray and no consequences.
What is the iron man trilogy? The twins in aou? Civil war?
>>
>>67440249
Bvs had a 1.75 billion dollar budget
>>
File: 1311949083856.jpg (82 KB, 486x409) Image search: [Google]
1311949083856.jpg
82 KB, 486x409
>>67440222
>The first avengers was better than dark knight
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SWL1b2fPlE

Defend this Dcucks
>>
>>67440222
>Avengers
>better than anything
>>
>>67439303
>>67439144
Op may be a fag but i agree with him.

the critics have lost their god damn marbles.

>>67439425
Bullshit, there is a lot to enjoy.
Lex as the obvious one.
THe action, the character drama, and alfred.

>>67439443
MOS and BVS is less grim than the dark knight movies.
It was serious and had some dark moments, but thats the point of the film.

Batman and Superman being pitted against each other because of the manipulation of an evil master mind is not going to be a knee slapper.
>>67439533
>it's that it's nothing BUT dark and serious.
Lex, Alfred, Perry, Batman's "oh shit" reactions, and a few throw away lines here and there.

The absolute FUCK are you people getting this idea it had no relief or any light moments from?

Are you guys like the critics and have to have Robert Downing Jr. hold a fucking martini glass while farting?
>>
>>67439793
No, grimdark was done to death by the time TDKR came out. Even Nolan knew that.
>>
File: 1447786510185.gif (73 KB, 129x150) Image search: [Google]
1447786510185.gif
73 KB, 129x150
>>67439144
Nolan's Batman managed to be dark, while also lighthearted at other moments, mostly thanks to Bale's effortless charisma. There was a balance, even in TDKR, the least fun of them all.

Stay mad bro.
>>
>>67440196
I look back to the Justice League animated show. Batman can be as grim and dark and depressing as you want him to be.....if he has a group of other characters who are much different to play off. Seeing the group react to Batman is interesting. When literally every single character (except maybe the Flash who will be the dumb comic relief) is grim, edgy, dark, and brooding it's just a headache.
>>
>>67440222
>Bane

Everyone knows TDK is better than TDKR, dipshit.
>>
File: Slap_Your_Shit_5.png (188 KB, 1024x891) Image search: [Google]
Slap_Your_Shit_5.png
188 KB, 1024x891
>>67440435
>le dark and gritty
The only good thing about the dark knight was the joker.
>>
>>67439722
Is that being unfair though?

we already have tons of crime dramas with no super heros, like Heat.
And i love those, those are fine. But whats wrong with cape characters being in a few?

>>67439740
>but literally no one reads them.
then there's this faggot

>>67439793
force awakens has a 94% on RT....so yes.
>>
File: The-Cuckold-Poster.jpg (13 KB, 262x400) Image search: [Google]
The-Cuckold-Poster.jpg
13 KB, 262x400
>>67440222
>The first avengers was better than dark knight
>>
>>67440491
>not realizing the joker carried the movie and bale did a shitty batman.
>>67440469
>im gonna deny the merit of the mpvie because reasons
Dc babines
>>
>>67440031
And that has nothing to do with Heat Legend, right? That movie was carried by it's talent, and now all the talent is gone. Nolan's Batman is over. DC is in the hands of people interested in the bottom line, nothing more. It's fucked.
>>
>>67440461
1. I thought this was some guy on youtube doing an unfunny dub at first

2. Do we really REALLY need to see Bruce's parents yet again?
>>
>>67439144
Well it is rising up in money
>>
>>67439794
>and joyless besides BtfoVS?
Punisher?

also where are you getting BvS is joyless?
>>
File: Shitposting.png (73 KB, 250x164) Image search: [Google]
Shitposting.png
73 KB, 250x164
>>67440529
>if i buzzword something i dont know what it means it won't show my retardation
>>
>>67440533
Don't be mad shill, I enjoy marvel movies too and most of them are better than the Avengers. The only positive about the two movies was seeing all the superheroes movies team but the action is lame and becomes shit with all the unnecessary quips.
>>
>>67439144
Cause capeshit fans are usually Normies and they have bad taste, I don't care about capeshit but I think the movie was trying something different and it ultimately wasnt as successful as it hoped to be. But I did enjoy that it was something actually different.
>>
>>67439793

Yes, pleb critics are bold enough to go against the public openly, to praise the age of ultron and to shit on this. It's the end of whatever quality you could expect of big releases, expect reboots from the 80s from now on
>>
>>67439918
Niether was this film.
>>
File: dc4.jpg (38 KB, 600x632) Image search: [Google]
dc4.jpg
38 KB, 600x632
>>67440222
>Avengers was better than Dark Knight
>>
>>67440585

You're shilling to hard today m8, the Avengers being better than anything was a little bit over the top
>>
>>67440330
He's Superman. It takes a lot of shit to kill Superman.

In The Dark Knight Returns, Superman was at the epicenter of a nuclear blast and he survived. The only thing that has ever really "killed" him is Doomsday, and he was revived.
>>
>>67439144

I laughed when batman rescued supermans mom and said "im a friend of your sons"
>>
>>67439144
How soon until the next Adam Sandler movie wins Best Picture because it's fun as fuck?
>>
>>67440586
I didnt say anything about aou i saod the first avengers retard.
It's ironic you call me a shill yet defend dc like it's. Your mother.
>>
>>67439144
You know what I just realized: Lex Luthor was supposed to be comedic relief in addition to the villain. Holy shit, WB fucked up so hard.
>>
>>67440677
We're not even defending DC. Avengers just sucks.

Daily reminder that Joss Whedon directed Alien: Resurrection
>>
>>67440461
what about it?
its a moment where batman's preconception of Supes being this cold super being comes crashing down and he sees a man fearing the death of his mother, like Bruce was the night his mother and father died.
Batman realizes he was about to murder someones son, some one who wasnt this tyrant, just some dude who happened to have powers.
>>
File: 1440509349848.gif (2 MB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
1440509349848.gif
2 MB, 320x200
>>67440637
>>67440607
>he has a different opinion so he's a shill.
>>
>>67440330
The dirt starts to levitate off the coffin like how the dirt levitates when he first takes flight in MoS, I don't know why/how supes comes back I'm guessing he'll come back in the way gandalf did.
>>
>>67440677
Not everyone is as stupid as you to enjoy brand wars. Calling Avengers the shit it was does not mean that i say that BvS was a masterpiece.
>>
>>67440729
Youre entitled to your wrong opinion. :^)
>>
>>67440729
>We're not even defending DC.
The movie is indefensible.
>>
>>67440683

Dingdingding
>>
>Avengers
>Man of Steel
If you honestly believe either of these movies are good, you have shit taste. Objectively.
>>
>>67440729
>Daily reminder that Joss Whedon directed Alien: Resurrection
Ummm... no?
Director: Jean-Pierre Jeunet

Joss Whedon was one of the writers.
>>
>>67440805
Avengers has a 92%.

TDK has a 94%.

Suck my wang.
>>
>>67439144

>i'm a friend of your son

That was pretty funny.
>>
>>67440493
And what in avengers tops joker, Witty quips, the generic villain, the random aliens monsters that come out in the last battle...yeah there is no reason why avengers is better unless you like explosions.
>>
>>67440790
Im not in a brand war retard. But i guess shit posting is strong with you today.
>>
File: BvS bingo.jpg (256 KB, 974x1104) Image search: [Google]
BvS bingo.jpg
256 KB, 974x1104
>>67439144
>>67439502
>>67439793
>>67439973
>>67440093
>>67440109
>>67440211
>>
Nolan's trilogy and even Watchmen show that superhero movies don't have to be lighthearted and fun to be good. The new Superman movies show that they're just trying too hard.
>>
>>67440855
>ratings matter when i want them to.
Dc fanboy
>>
>>67439144
>dark tones and moral ambiguity
>implying that this isn't exactly what Civil War is going to be and is going to pull it off a lot better.
>>
>>67439740
>Superman and Batman were extremely silly.

>one starts with the dead of a planet and hitting abussive husbands and corrupt union leaders
>the other one starts with a kid watching his parents die and then kicking people into baths of acid.

DC has always been extremely dark
>>
>>67440752
>he has a bad opinion
No one brought up shills
>>
>>67440857
also his "oh shit" line as well as alfred, perry, and Lex, and I lol'd at the moment where he's beating the fuck out of Supes and each punch slowly becomes less effective until he just does the "ok, bro lets talk this out!" gesture.

that was legit funny and cool.
>>
>>67440855
>I-I'm not a dc fanboy
>tries to compare TDK to avengers

Is this thread b8?
>>
>>67440330
Probably something about how they resurrected General Zod into doomsday. Superman got pierced by doomsday, something from that magic thing is there, working its magic.

I dunno, there is some plothax coming up
>>
>>67440908
>Dark tones
I doubt it, 74
>>
Spielberg needs to do capeshit. Then maybe some directors will learn how to have light moments in serious film without turning them into one liner marathons or broody angst festivals.
>>
>>67440867
This.

Avengers in a nutshell:

>Hulk is an emo faggot
>Black Widow is trying way too hard to be relevant when she's literally just there for the inevitable romantic subplot
>Hawkeye is trying too hard to be relevant
>Thor has no personality beyond speaking in Shakespearian English
>Stark is "LE EDGY ANTI-GOVERNMENT CYNIC XD"
>Captain America is "LE PATRIOTIC SOLDIER DUDE XD"
>Hulk is somehow able to change forms at will despite losing control earlier in the movie
>Alien invasion is the most clichéd thing in filmmaking
>Nobody significant dies
>Loki is uninteresting
>There are no significant consequences for anything at all
>The aliens are coming through ONE FUCKING WORMHOLE when they could open thousands

Shit movie
>>
>>67439144
How come Daredevil is doing so well then? That's pretty bleak and slow going.
>>
>>67440867
Objectively though dk good it was more joker carrying the movie. It gets points for legers death and if viewed movies like winter soldier would be better
>>
>>67440817
HUH
>>
>>67440894
Watchmen has fun though
>beans
>night owl and ss jokes over dinner
>sex scene
>the soundtrack
BvS is just grimdark amped to 11.
>>
>>67440894
>The new Superman movies show that they're just trying too hard.
No i think they're hitting their mark for the most of it, people just arent used to other heros besides Bats being in a world with serious consequences and impacts.

>>67440908
>>67440908
Oh please, Civil war looks like complete ass.
they're gonna make Captain America be in the absolute right.
>>
File: my_sides.gif (2 MB, 615x413) Image search: [Google]
my_sides.gif
2 MB, 615x413
>>67440908
Mfw when civil war scores lower taking capeshit down
>>
>>67440330
Well when he gets rekt in the comics by Doomsday his body goes into a hard reset/regeneration mode that people confuse with him being dead

I find it funny that in the movie Batman whooped him worse than Doomsday, and all he did was get stabbed. Thats something he'd be able to heal pretty quickly. Comic Doomsday literally kicks his shit in really fucking bad which makes more sense when his body shuts off on him.
>>
>>67439303
Winter Soldier and Ant-man were good, suck my cock.
Avengers was mostly ok.
The rest are shit.
>>
>>67440637
>>>67440585 (You)
>You're shilling to hard today m8, the Avengers being better than anything was a little bit over the top
>>67440938

You were saying?
>>
>>67441002
Where the fuck does this Winter Soldier is good meme come from????
>>
>>67440994
It's not as over the top and cringeworthy as this movie.
>>
>>67440994
>Comparing a low budget TV show to a big budget movie
>>
>>67441065
From it being good.

I find it funny this is DC's ultimate movie kicking off their new universe and we're still talking about Marvel movies.
>>
>>67441065
Its not a meme because you disagree with it.
>>
>>67440330
My guess is being near the kryptonite spear weakened him to being able to be stabbed so he was seriously hurt but getting those sun rays and moving away from the kryptonite allowed him to heal slowly over the next few days.
>>
If Superman isn't dead after being nuked and stabbed through his rib cage and the heart...why Zod is dead?
>>
>>67441105
Winter Soldier is good, but it doesn't save the MCU from being clichéd shit
>>
>>67441002
Idk what you're trying to say to say but ledgers death didn't effect most people's thoughts about the film and WS is solid movie but still not as good I would put it at iron man 1 level. Dark Knight completely changed the genre whether you admit or not, WS did not have that type of influence.
>>
>>67439144
>literally rddit the post

this is the more rddit movie of all fucking time, get off this board you faggots. we're all laughing at you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYKeQczkFfM
>>
>>67439303
Metal Gear Winter Soldier is a good flick.
>>
>>67439144
Yeah, and the Batman part it's good, it' all the rest of the movie that's shit.
>>
>>67441129
>Kryptonian drunk in the radiation of a yellow sun exerts enough force to snap another yellow sun Kryptonian's neck

Did they need to spell it out for you?
>>
>>67441013
>BvS is just grimdark amped to 11.
Lex, perry, "oh shit batman", alfred, ect

dont exaggerate.
>>
>>67441145
I'm sure it doesn't. Why don't we discuss this new movie instead of deflecting?
>>
>>67440470
>Op may be a fag but i agree with him.

Ok OP
>>
>>67441113
I don't disagree with it necessarily, I just always see it being touted as the best superhero movie when there's really nothing special about it. As far as me agreeing or disagreeing with something, that works both ways you fucking homo.
>>
>>67441156
If ledger was alive right now it wouldn't be as well like as it is. You know it.
>>
Hey fella,

Here's the rule. If you want to make racist jokes, they better be hilarious. If you want to make dark and miserable dramas, they better be profound and meaningful.

If there's no substance to your form on challenging formats, you fail utterly.
>>
>>67441039
a stabbing after being weakened by kryptonite is a alot worse than punches

>>67441065
meh, its ok. not shit like the rest.
>>
>>67440461
It's a great scene.

He stops seeing Superman as a god, and watched him as a broken kid that only wants to save his parents. He sees himself reflected on superman and understand how wrong he was. How is that not bad?
>>
>>67441212
It is the best superhero movie MCU has to offer, people are right on that but they often get confused with that.
>>
>>67441212
I never said it didn't but you called it a meme because you don't like it as much as others did. You're a sperge lord
>>
>>67439144
of course you can have dark and serious superhero movie, but you need actually good script and director. Not Transformers-tier CGI fest with inconsistent characters.

>>67440249
Age of Ultron was at least fun

>>67440109
>no way this deserves that 30%
pls, go and check how RT ratting works
>>
>>67441105
>>67441113
It was solid but the story was unmemorable, the fight scenes were well made but everything else seemed rather cliche and it's been told before.
>>
>>67441176
Also kryptonians do have their limits and piercing skin and leverage on the neck, one of the more vulnerable parts of the body, its a bit different, especially when they establish only the radiation properties of kryptonite can slice through kryptonian skin.
>>
>>67440461
>Your mother's name is the same as my mother's name? that totally makes me change my opionion about you and makes me want to help you even though I wanted to kill you just 5 seconds ago
>>
>>67439303

Antman and Thor 1 were good.

Sorry there wasn't enough grimdark, death and violence and cuss words for you Sir Fedora
>>
>>67441251
No it's not it's tied with iron man in my opinion both are good but not great 7/10 movies
>>
>>67440461
That is actually a pretty heartbreaking and touching scene.
>>
>>67440569
Which one, the 89, 04, or 08 one?
>>
>>67441364
WE'RE YELLING SO IT'S EMOOOOTIONAL
>>
>>67439144
Except it's not dark and joyless

Hacky Hack Snyder thinks that being "dark and gritty" means that the scene takes place at night or has a gloomy filter

Not to mention the failed attempts at "humour", all of them was fucking cringe.Something you would expect from a marvel movie
>>
Wonder Woman was nice. I did not expect that.
>>
File: 1446705448568.png (187 KB, 763x652) Image search: [Google]
1446705448568.png
187 KB, 763x652
>>67441283
You can't say its cliche when all capeshit is a cliche or trope. That's with the territory.
>its been told before.
Have you not been watching movies in general?
>>
>>67441045
>>67441045
>>67441045
>>
>>67441278
>Age of Ultron was at least fun
more like obnoxious and eye rolling.

just trying to rip off deadpool's schtick (poorly) before deadpool does it doesnt make it funny.

>>67441278
>>67441278
let me correct it for him.

At least 70% of RT picked critics are fucking retarded.

>>67441352
missing the point:
see
>>67441250
>>
Avengers final act was ripped straight off Transformers 3

I find it funny critics love Avengers but hate Transformers, when they are almost the same movie
>>
File: 1458746840380.jpg (74 KB, 264x299) Image search: [Google]
1458746840380.jpg
74 KB, 264x299
>>67440870
Punished Zack should be in the middle pham.
>>
>>67441370
04 and 08.

And dont get me wrong, i love 04 punisher.
>>
>>67440461
god this is fucking gay
>>
File: sup1514005-848271_tr2.jpg (113 KB, 881x647) Image search: [Google]
sup1514005-848271_tr2.jpg
113 KB, 881x647
>>67439144
>It's fucking Batman for Christ's sake;
And Superman, you know the guy that's the epitome of hope that he rode a hope-fuelled robot to beat a anti-existence, universe devouring monster
>>
>>67439144
>it's another fanny flustered DCuck is on damage control thread

I love /tv/ right now. Thank you, based Hack Snyder, for finally killing capeshit.
>>
>>67441461
>auo a ripoff of a movie that wasn't out yet.
Hollyy shiitttt supreme retardation
>>
>>67441250
I liked your explanation, makes this scene even better. Altho i am 100% sure Snyder never thought of this.
>>
File: 234524.jpg (10 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
234524.jpg
10 KB, 160x160
>This thread
>>
fuck off shills
the movie was shit
the critics were right this time
>>
>>67441467
the only real difference between transformers and avengers is that Avengers is lame "the big bang theory" style of joss whedon quip humor, while Transformers is shit humor.

However Bay is better at filming action. though thats not saying a lot.
>>
>>67441427
>Not yelling when Superman is literally inches away from dying

I'd be yelling, too
>>
File: 1418026442092.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1418026442092.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
Complete DC c uck meltdown ITT
>>
>>67439674
batmans fucking face when he locked eyes with DD. thats was genuine gold.
>>
>>67441531
>Snyder

He's just the director. He didn't write stuff.
>>
>>67441528
No asshole. MCU's quip humor and references, most particulary in star lord, is just them trying to replicate Deadpool. Or what they THOUGHT was deadpool.

Funny enough, Deadpool is a billion times better than anything the MCU pumped out.
>>
>>67441461
>At least 70% of RT picked critics are fucking retarded.

And it's going to bring the money, my nerd friends are already planning to see it again
>>
File: WellFuckyouFlashwins.jpg (264 KB, 1024x1587) Image search: [Google]
WellFuckyouFlashwins.jpg
264 KB, 1024x1587
>Kal-El can't save a bunch of people from a small explosion
Pfffhahahahaha, those were for charity, Clark
>>
>>67441634
hell the writing wasnt even bad.

the only truly BAD things about this film is the low light, a bit much CGI debris, and the obvious cutting down to fit theater time limits.

Hell that extended edition will probably make this film the Cape version fo Kingdom of Heaven, where the theatrical version is ok to lack luster but the Directors cut is fucking GOAT.
>>
>>67441651
How do I shoot web?

Is hilariously appropriate
>>
>>67439144
>Marvel churns out the same shitty popcorn flicks every year with these lackluster, easily defeated villains and borderline identical plotlines
you seem to be buttflustered that marvel is more liked compared to the dreary boredom that is dc movies

that being said, it shouldn't be "us" and "them", you CAN enjoy different medias. Batman; despite his murderous intent for some fucking reason, was played extremely well by ben in this movie.
>>
>>67439144
I realize BvS are the easiest (You)'s around these days, but how do account for The Dark Knight, OP? What most everyone agrees is the best capeshit ever is also what started the "gloomy and dark and seriouse" atmosphere.
>>
>>67441670
im glad. I liked the movie.
>>
>>67441752
That screaming manchild reviewer brought up a fair point

This might be a universe where after Jason was killed by the Joker Batman snapped and murdered him in retaliation
>>
>>67441752
people are starting to get tired fo the MCU because they're not LIKING the movies, they're just drilled to see them.
>>
File: 1458788657421.jpg (89 KB, 450x320) Image search: [Google]
1458788657421.jpg
89 KB, 450x320
>>67441538
>DCucks in damage control: the thread

So how long will this round of asshurt last?
>it will come back if Civil War gets good reviews
>>
>>67441794
>The Dark Knight

That entire movie is held together with Ledger acting himself into a grave and nothing more.

Begins and...can't even remember the last one where garbage

Ironman, Spiderman 1/2 and Hellboy are all better comicbook movies
>>
>>67439303

Fun tier:
>Ant Man
>Avengers 1
>Deadpool
>Daredevil TV
>Iron man 1 and 2
>amazing Spiderman and Spiderman 1 and 2

Shit tier

>Thor 1 and 2
>Cap 1 and 2
>AoU
> Iron man 3
>Any Hulk film
>Amazing spiderman 2 and Spiderman 3
>>
>>67441920
Deadpool is not a Marvel Studios property. It's owned by 20th Century Fawkes
>>
>>67441920
remove amazing spiderman, iron man 2, ant man and avenger and put them in shit tier and you're correct.

also Deadpool isnt MCU, its Fox
>>
>>67441912
well, I can't speak to what criteria makes something a good comic book movie, but The Dark Knight is a better movie (in general) than those. And I quite like Ironman 1 and the Hellboy movies, too.
>>
>>67441920
>Winter Soldier
>Shit tier
Wut? that's probably the best movie MCU has ever made, it's a good flick.
>>
File: holding-back-tears-gif.gif (483 KB, 300x171) Image search: [Google]
holding-back-tears-gif.gif
483 KB, 300x171
>>67439144
>Getting this triggered because nobody likes your awful capeshit
>>
>>67441593
yeah that was great too, were critics expecting a full out sandler comedy?
I dont even think this movie was that good, but god damn it definitely had enough shit in it to give a few chuckles at least
>>
>>67442007

This meme has gone too far
>>
>>67442007

desu I just fucking hate Cap as a character bland as fuck.
>>
>>67441748
What comic is this from? Flash is awesome
>>
>>67441065
It is the only Marvel Studios movie that feels like an actual movie, so think it's fucking Citizen Kane. It's not bad by any stretch, but it plays like a run of the mill spy movie. It's just lacking in "muh dad jokes."
>>
>>67442041
most audiences like it.
half of /tv/ is defending it.
>>
File: 7IC10wg.gif (943 KB, 245x160) Image search: [Google]
7IC10wg.gif
943 KB, 245x160
>>67441849
I'm sorry, didn't know people had guns to their heads with threats of death if they don't watch a marvel movie.

it's liked by those that like comic books and superhero movies. period. Batman, and Batman Forever were the best adaptations. It was dark but had humor..the rest were dark and blaahhh

nipple suits > dubs batman
>>
>>67439144
> OH NO FILM CRITICS ARE NOW FORMER COMIC BOOK READERS, HOW DARE THEY CALL THIS A SHIT SOUFFLE

hurts being called out as a casual, doesn't it
>>
Fuck, to tell the truth I had very low expectations. But I'm genuinely intrigued to see more of Snyder's vision, this movie's style is Baroque in a good way, ornate, visually and thematically complex, overwhelming at first but balanced, unafraid to raise the stakes and deconstruct the genre further than anyone in the past. The movie is self-aware and plunges boldly into uncharted territory. "No one wants to see Clark Kent take on the bat." Snyder knows this and shows us something else entirely.
>>
>>67440677
How is he defending DC like it's his mother? If anything he was attacking Avengers but that doesn't equate to defending DC. That's like saying you thinking BvS is just you defending Marvel like it's your mother.
>>
>>67440870
Saved. Thanks nigga.
>>
>>67442002
>what criteria makes something a good comic book movie
Something that captures the atmosphere and characters of the comics

TDK is just so watered down that your dad could watch it as a passable thriller and not be distracted by the guy in a latex suit punching people in the face

As a Batman movie its bleh and the only reason it's remember is Ledger
>>
>>67442041
Imagine all the butthurt DCucks will spew when Civil War ends up with a high RT score.
>>
File: 1458050135365.png (305 KB, 336x414) Image search: [Google]
1458050135365.png
305 KB, 336x414
>>67442090
>half of /tv/
>this delusion
>>
>>67439144
>I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge by now that DC is darker and more serious than Dis-I mean, Marvel.
No, not really.
Unless you read Nu52 exclusively, and nobody worth listening to even reads Nu52 out of their own volition anymore.
>>
>>67442091
Batman Returns set the tone for the next few decades of the Batman
>>
>>67441748
STUPID
>>
>>67442203
Have you NOT been paying attention to these threads?

then again, the people shitting on it either didnt see it or pay attention to it, either so what the fuck should i expect?
>>
>>67442203
Only the people that matter are defending it desu, I'll gladly watch this again expect an extended in-depth analysis posted here soon, it'll be well worth it just to witness the butthurt.
>>
File: capeshitter.jpg (86 KB, 1270x497) Image search: [Google]
capeshitter.jpg
86 KB, 1270x497
Capeshitters kill yourselves please
>>
>>67442265
the poster's super defending BvS are from /co/, the absolutely think hating it is a meme, not joking.

most of /tv/ poster's hate it from what I've seen. You can tell the difference in posting style and information. The /co/ ones have more knowledge but are seeing the glass half full
>>
>>67442265
>>67442301
Are you the same person?
>>
>>67442218

Only read new 52 Batman and Suicide Squad. Batman still feels a lot darker than anything Marvel are doing. Batman is still really good 50 issues in.

Although I like both Marvel and DC equally.
>>
>>67442240
Yeah, not like a completely human looking alien who can fly, lift continents and shoot hell from his eyes but seems to have problems beating a bald man.
>>
>>67442360
He is mathematically more ridiculous than Superman.
>>
It seems like no one is thinking about the potential this movie created.
Every single character is flawed in this movie
>Batman kills people
>Superman is weak and when he fights he just yells and punches he doesn't know how to fight
>Lex (who is not the real Lex he's his son) is very twitchy and chaotic

All of this in my opinion is great because they can make these characters grow into the characters we love. It would be dumb to have batman already be batman with no flaws and Superman just be Superman with now flaws. They have to have a reason to do stuff and a point to the characters in general I'm ready to watch the character development if they do it right.
>>
>>67442356
Marvel had a few dark books I can think of before Secret Wars.
Deadpool is the only one I can think of right now, though.
>>
>>67442303
what ?
>>
>>67442356
>new 52
>really good
>liking modern marvel or dc comics at all
Nu 52 is darker but only because it's like the Linkin Park of comic books.
The DC universe and roster has always been lighter in tone and with less morally ambiguous characters. It really is odd how Marvel came out with such light-hearted movies when most of their characters are anti-heroes since their creation.
>>
File: nope.png (58 KB, 1115x451) Image search: [Google]
nope.png
58 KB, 1115x451
>>67442333
im defending and i hate /co/

>>67442350
no, pic related.
>>
>>67439794
Blade

Except for the last one
>>
>>67440222
Does anyone believe this ?
>>
File: 2Wziw4O.webm (493 KB, 426x426) Image search: [Google]
2Wziw4O.webm
493 KB, 426x426
>>67442526
I'm sure there are factions within factions, but I've lurked /tv/ and /co/ and noticed a significant difference of opinion. I find it funny that people use RT and the bible of reviews and if you have opposing views you're a shill

children seem to have no ability to have a conversation or argument without being retarded it seems
>>
>>67442452
>turn Superman into The Sentry
>turn Luthor into Joker
>potential

I wish you strangled yourself with your umbilical cord
>>
>>67442587
Blade had plenty of humor. Even Blade himself got cocky from time to time.
>>
>>67442482
How is deadpool dark lol? I do prefer DC over marvel but it's because every marvel comic I get into is either very short with no detail to the story or it ends abruptly like they put too much detail but didn't think of a proper end.

My examples would be Deadpool Kills the marvel universe .... was expecting to see him actually fight and kill people not " I went to fight wolverine.... and I won ... next I'll kill the punisher.... I win again .....
And then there's the infinity gauntlet comics where the fights were epic and what he did to some of the heroes was brutal and then he's just like eh I'm bored disappears and his daughter snaps and erases everything that happened.... really?
>>
>>67442158
>>67442158
can't say I agree with that, TDK is closer to my favorite batman story arcs (The Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Arkham Asylum (ASOSE), even Year One) than other treatments were. I think your idea of what a comic should be is too narrow.
>>
File: no.jpg (6 KB, 408x102) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
6 KB, 408x102
>>67442350
:^)
>>
>It's a cringe scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw_o7XUX3fg
>>
>>67442303
dcu is not shit
>>
>>67442647
Fucking A.
Honestly i've seen VERY few negative reviews or post of BVS that much sense or didnt resort to meme shit posting.

most issues with the movie either come down to preference or can be easily explained if someone just watched and paid attention to the film.

>>67442701
to be fair, Deadpool had some dark moments and he is a tragic character.
>>
>>67442716
that was actually pretty awesome.

give credit to Gal, she makes a pretty convincing wonder woman. and it wasnt some GRRL power horse shit.
>>
>>67442716
nah I thought some of the "fun" moments in this movie came from this theme

>looks at wonder woman and this plays
>opens the usb and this plays
>wonder woman opens the usb and a quieter version of this plays
>wonder woman finally appears and it plays

funny stuff
>>
>>67442663
Seriously superman is like a child right now
I think that while he is "dead" he needs to be brought back to the fortress of solitude and hooked up to the thing Lex was and sort of "dream"? I would say about being on his home planet and fighting alongside his dad or something so he can learn his abilities he hasn't used yet like his ice breath. They could choose a story from the comics and have him dream of that or something and when he comes out of it he is matured and knows a bit more. I don't know lol I just see potential

It's also hard to have a conversation with people when they think they're a hardass by saying edgy things like that threat lol but it's funny I guess dumbass
>>
>>67442833
Sure it's not now go back to eating that tasty shit :^)
>>
>>67442833
It is.
>>
>>67442716
Wasnt as bad as I expected, still, she seems like a French model and not like a warrior.
>>
File: New_DC_logo.png (64 KB, 842x1206) Image search: [Google]
New_DC_logo.png
64 KB, 842x1206
So people finally realize what DC stands for.
Damage Control.
>>
>>67442716
HAHAHA HOLY FUCK SNYDER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJjcOK1UJvI
>>
>>67442870
>meme shit posting.
agreed. I like parts in shitty movies and hate parts in great movies. The ones that seem to be focused on the negativity are just memefags

They did the same thing to Deadpool for weeks and were btfo. as is the broken clock is right twice a day, if you shit on everything something is bound to stick
>>
>>67443020
People on my theater actually clapped at that scene.
>>
>>67443018
Delicious Cock (because they're gay)
>>
File: 1434396688510.jpg (57 KB, 460x595) Image search: [Google]
1434396688510.jpg
57 KB, 460x595
>>67442935
>I would say about being on his home planet and fighting alongside his dad

With his scientist dad? On a planet where he has no powers?

>lol I just see potential
>lol but it's funny
>>
>>67443020
It still looks like an SNL parody.
>>
It's a decent 4/10
>>
Spiderman 3 had better pacing and story structure. Spiderman 3
>>
>>67443020
Wait is that the actual music?
>>
>>67443187
I saw it yesterday and yes, it's the official Wonder Woman theme.

See

>>67442716
>>
File: 4927213-9869138949-38183.gif (2 MB, 400x190) Image search: [Google]
4927213-9869138949-38183.gif
2 MB, 400x190
>>67443168
because 3 was the best one
>>
File: tom-hanks-explosion.gif (842 KB, 228x171) Image search: [Google]
tom-hanks-explosion.gif
842 KB, 228x171
>>67440031
>fourth highest rated movie of all time on IMDB, you fucking retard.
>honestly taking IMDB scores as having any weight

Jesus fuck you're retarded.

Also TDK had to assainated ones its stars to get a bigger box office return just like Fast and Furious 7 did.

Gadot should have been murdered in this case.
>>
>>67443020
....so whats the problem?
>>
>Batman killed Doomsday, see, Batman spares Superman's life so technically it was Batman the one who killed Doomsday
Literally heard this after the movie ended, Batfaggots are fucking awesome
>>
>>67443090
You're a pretty funny guy I like that
>>
>>67442716
It sounds like a rock cover of Bane's theme wtf.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3A-lJQlrmk
>>
File: 1458721525409.png (255 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
1458721525409.png
255 KB, 770x711
>>67439144
Too long, didn't read DC fag..
LOL
>>
>>67443304
Alcohol consumption during pregnancy, I would assume, in your case.
>>
>>67440470
>Bullshit, there is a lot to enjoy.
>Lex as the obvious one.
>the action, the character drama, and alfred.

Are you Kevin Smith?
>>
>>67443345
Well he did make the spear.
>>
>>67443074

people near my theatre vigorously snapped their fingers.
>>
>>67442870
It's okay to like a shitty movie
But it's still a shitty movie
>>
>>67443440
No, im just not an asshole who over exagerrates about every god damn thing.
>>
>>67440870
I love this so much.
>>
>>67443440
If he were Kevin Smith, every sentence would end with "...and shit."
>>
>>67439144

Dark is fine.
Joyless is not.

Who wants to watch some miserable superhero movie?
>>
>>67443595
except its not a shitty movie.
>>
>>67443727
how is it joyless?

fucking explain this.
>>
>>67443590
>>67443345
>Does absolutely nothing but flee during the whole final fight
>fires one of those kryptonite smoke guns from dozens of meters away when Doomsday is already restrained by Wondy
>Supes kills it sacrificing himself
>"Guys, that totally counts as mine, hear me?!"
>>
>>67443789
Have you ever play a mmorpg? Batman is what we call a Ninja.
>>
>>67443770
Because it's just painful to watch.

There are plenty of dark, serious movies that are still enjoyable and engaging. BvS is only enjoyable because of how fucking backwards it is.
>>
>>67443696
and mention the last time he had sex with his wife
>>
>>67444088
it wasnt painful nor backwards.
you got to be more specific than that.

Come one, get into some damn detail.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.