[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just Saw BvS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 18
Ask me anything but let me just start with this.

All that horse shit with the RT reviews, only 2 criticism i found legit.
Lighting and contrast were a tad bit of an issue at times, but not a deal breaker.
This is DEFINITELY a theatrical cut. That 30 minute extended edition they discussed is exactly what this movie needs.

If i were to give it a rating i'd say roughly 7/10, not great offers a fuck load more than most cape shit films, and there were many great scenes.
If i were to guess, the extended edition might possibly fix the pacing issues (think kingdom of heaven theatrical vs directors cut) and push it to maby a 8/10, above average.

So no, this movie isnt remotely as bad as people are shitting themselves over.

So go ahead and ask me anything about the movie, and i'll try and keep spoilers to a minimum.
>>
Is there any meme worthy material besides MMM BOYS?
>>
>It needs to be even longer
no

by the time the third dream sequence came around i knew someone at DC fucked up big time
>>
>>67414526
Probably, but the MMM BOYS bit isnt actually meme worthy.

i dare say it fit this Lex luther very damn well. He was genuinely awesome.
However since its Jessi Eisenberg whatever i cant say he's THREATENING but he's very interesting and believably crooked.
>>
How was Cavill's Superman? I actually liked him in MoS and I'm a superman fag
>>
What was the deal with that sequence with the symbols of Wonder Woman, Cyborg, the Flash, and Aquaman spelling out WW and CIA?
>>
File: 1451936332552.png (193 KB, 488x488) Image search: [Google]
1451936332552.png
193 KB, 488x488
The worst Marvel Kino is still better than this.
>>
>>67414562
I didnt mind the dream sequences. I think they served their purposes well. I dont need ANOTHER dream sequence, but some scenes did need to be longer because they were obviously cut for theater time.

But they did leave in a lot of calmer quiet moments so it helped keep the movie from being obnoxious. I think a lot of those moments and dialouge exchanges needed to be a tad bit longer.
>>
Honest question, I don't know shit about comics but how can Batman put on a legitimate fight vs Superman? Superman could just melt him with laser beams or just punch him into a puddle of meat.
>>
I agree with OP here. It had a couple flaws, but I thought it was a solid movie. The main complaint I've seen is that people didn't like the pacing and I disagree with this. For two heros to want to fight you need to really give them reasons why and I think the movie did a good job at that. Also if batman rushed into battle he obviously would get BTFO
>>
>>67414612
He has improved as a character, he's conflicted and rightfully so but he's actually saving people and his motivations make sense.

>>67414647
coincidence if i were to guess.

>>67414700
Nah...also what the fuck is Kino? Sounds like autism.
>>
>>67414726

Superman doesn't want to kill Batman. Batman has kryptonite weapons. It's as simple as that really.
>>
I now have 6 hours of free time and I can go to a cinema and spend money there to see BVS. Then I cant go to movies for next 7 days.

Do you think I should go to see it or not?
>>
>>67414726
Kryptonite gas grenades to weaken him significantly plus a power suit.

the fight is very well done if you ask me.

>>67414741
Exactly, i do think the movie did a good thing establishing all the conflict and motivations in the first 20 minutes and made the proper call backs to them when needed, especially Supes saving Lois from that terrorist. That was a good use of a chekovs gun.

plus we got batman's entire deal without being bored with seeing his origin. Which was VERY well done by the way.

aside form a few select scenes at the end and two minutes of shakey cam the cinematography is fucking top notch in this movie.

lighting aside. Boost that gamma by 2 dots.
>>
>>67414487
Holy shit there's a version of this that is 30 minutes longer....... what is it more shit shots of zack snyder jerking himself off with DC's money bank?
>>
>>67414612
He has like 4 Lines in the movie
>>
>>67414783
yes. Go see it.

there aint shit else coming out.
>>
>>67414741
Call me a retard anon but i didnĀ“t understand batman's reasons to fight superman, could you explain them please?
>>
>>67414925
he has a ton of lines in the movie.

just because he isnt talking his ass off (doesnt need to) doesnt mean he had no dialouge.

>>67414896
No, a lot of the shots were very well done, first few scenes of the movie were beautifully done.

its a VERY visual type of story telling and is done very Dark Knight Returns style where news pieces, court hearins, ect actually do a lot to set up the impact.

and speaking of Impact, thats something this movie follows through on, every action has a consequences and it plays out believably.
>>
>>67414487
>i'd say roughly 7/10,
Do you truly believe that?
>>
>>67415001
He blames him for causing the deaths of his friends and employees and believes he'll ultimately become a tyrant. A lot of Batman's characterization and themes is that he's feeling a lot of guilt and slowly losing his moral stance that is hinted at with the little inclusion of a Jason todd reference.

he's becoming a broken man who believe superman will either become a tyrant as said before, or will just refuse to help people.
>>
>>67415043
What exactly was the objective of their hearing in DC? For all they know, Supes could have just as easily not shown up, or just said "fuck you, I'm going to keep on doing what I'm doing". What are they going to do, arrest him?
>>
>>67415133
yes. while it does suffer from the issues i mention of poor lighting (contrast) and awkward obviously cut for theater pacing, there is a lot to like in this movie regarding its themes, follow up to MOS, acting, action, technically aspects like cinematography and dialogue.
yes it has flaws, but it is NOT what i would call a bad movie.
>>
>>67415001
He isn't held accountable for collateral damages that he causes. He's too powerful and if he decided to kill humans there is (was) nothing humans could do to stop him at all. I think to Batman taking out Superman is more of a preventative measure, a sort of precaution.
>>
>>67415212
less arrest and more like try to appeal to what decency he has and work out something. They believe he might be responsible for Deaths, so obviously they want his side of the story and get shit straightened out.
>>
>>67415212
Just the government being the government was what I took it as. Always needing hearings and committees on everything
>>
was there new warcraft trailer before the film?

desu only thing that I want to know about it
>>
>>67415292
I had Ghostbusters, X-men, Suicide Squad, Warcraft, and I think one more I forget
>>
>>67415292
Not where I was, but there was a sweet new Ghostbusters trailer (new to me, anyway). You could actually hear the theater cringe.
>>
What's even the point of criticizing this movie? Is it honestly a surprise that the latest in a long lineage of cash-grab comic book movies sucks? People here try to criticize the thing as if it's art worth criticizing rather than a soulless commercial product. It's like trying to apply serious criticism to superbowl commercials. Sure, some are better than others. But none of them truly aspire to be anything more than a commercial enterprise, so it's a little bit silly to apply all the expectations associated with art criticism to them.
>>
>>67415284
i did like how the congresswomen wanted a hearing but also didnt want the kryptonite as a weapon against supes.

she actually had a decent moral compass and believed in the rule of law, and i liked that. She wasnt just a straight bureaucrat or crony like in the avengers/iron man.
>>
>>67414766
>what the fuck is Kino
this is the kind of crossposting trash that likes BvS
>>
i would have much preferred a businessman style lex who has a calm voice no matter what instead of jesse eisenberg saying cryptic retarded shit constantly, if he wasnt lex i would have enjoyed the movie much much more. i do hope the r rated cut fills in some spots and makes it more enjoyable the second time. overall i dont feel like i wasted my money but it did drag in some parts, i dont think many people followed some of the flashbacks in my theater, and the part with flash going through time and seeing bruce had 0 reaction from anyone except me. i just felt like normies didnt know what they were watching until the fighting happened
>>
>>67414487

I saw this in theaters tonight as well. A friend works for a company whose parent is DC so they had a preview screening I got to join in on.

I was trying to keep the criticisms I'd read about the movie in mind as I watched it. Honestly I mostly forgot about them. I really enjoyed the movie. I'll admit I'm a sucker for Batman though.

Some of the criticisms are accurate. There's not a lot of jokes. The color pallete is a little desaturated. But I think a lot of the criticisms have a glaring problem: they went into this movie with entirely wrong expectations.

I'm not going to shit on the Marvel movies by saying they're "quippy", but they tend to be somewhat more lighthearted. In addition, the MCU has gone for a fairly grounded or realistic approach to the series; even when super science or near-magic is involved, it is explained as Asgard tech or such.

If these critics went into BvS expecting that approach, they were mistaken. BvS is in full comic-book Fantasy mode, and I think it benefits from that, ultimately. Batman's fight scene against all the mooks in the warehouse is fantastic.

Eisenberg was "annoying", but only when he was putting on a persona. He's much more menacing when that drops.

Does this sound like what you thought of it?

Feel free to ask me questions about the movie too, I guess.
>>
It was good for a comic book movie. It certainly doesn't deserve to be like 40% lower than Age of Ultron, now THAT was a pile of shit.
>>
>>67415235
>>67415143
But Luthor send him "notes" and then batman was really mad, ready to fight and even set up the scenario to kill superman, why
was he so mad about that notes? thanks for the help by the way
>>
File: superman superfan.png (293 KB, 504x605) Image search: [Google]
superman superfan.png
293 KB, 504x605
Have some fresh OC, /tv/. Because you're certainly lagging /pol/ for 2016 meme production
>>
>>67414726
That, my friend, is the question. He can't. Not normally. So he has to figure out *how* he could do it; that's what makes the prospect of the fight interesting. Batman's often at his best when his problem is "I can't fight that, so how do I beat it anyway?"

Among other things, he tries overwhelming him with sound (which really shows he did his research on Kryptonians), excessive gunfire (which injured Faora in MoS), his power armor, and finally Kryptonite gas grenades.
>>
>>67415395
>Is it honestly a surprise that the latest in a long lineage of cash-grab comic book movies sucks?
My point is that this movie DOESNT suck.

>People here try to criticize the thing as if it's art worth criticizing rather than a soulless commercial product.

art cant be a product or vise versa?
products cant be good?

>It's like trying to apply serious criticism to superbowl commercials.
even a commercial has some artistic merit.
just because the goal monetary gain doesnt make it immune from criticism or appreciation.

> But none of them truly aspire to be anything more than a commercial enterprise, so it's a little bit silly to apply all the expectations associated with art criticism to them.
i think thats unfair to many of the production teams who, yes are there to ultimately make a product, but also want to do the best job and elevate their work.

Some of the best works of art were done souly for profit.
>>
>>67415471
Lex did weird me out a bit. I felt like he never really talked TO people, just AT them. They would ask him a question and he would say something like "oh my father said..." or "there's a famous phrase." It definitely was a different Lex than I expected, but I thought it was a more villainous Lex.

I'm really REALLY hoping that was a reference to Injustice/Some Universe where Supes goes totalitarian because Lois Lane dies
I didn't expect it at all and I hope that happens in the movies
>>
File: kek.png (713 KB, 938x880) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
713 KB, 938x880
>>67414487
DCucks on suicide watch
>>
>>67415471
>i do hope the r rated cut fills in some spots and makes it more enjoyable the second time.
from what i heard it does. THey were strained by the theatrical time limit.

>>67415471
>i just felt like normies didnt know what they were watching until the fighting happened
Wow...the producers were right. Normies CANT follow what was going on.
>>
>>67415212

Essentially, Finch intended to appeal to his humanity, as it were. Her first line when he comes in is to insist that, in a democracy, people talk to one another. But in a sense, yes, the government was
fairly toothless against him. Which is part of why Batman takes it upon himself to oppose him.
>>
>>67414526
Theres Lex Luthor jar of piss for some reason and him saying ding ding ding ding like a retard.
His whole performance is memeworthy
>>
>>67415509
>Does this sound like what you thought of it?
i say you made a very fair and accurate assessment.

Despite some flaws this movie did what it needed to do and many critics went in expecting Marvel style and forgot the tone is what MOS set.
>>
Things I liked:
>Affleck's darker TDKR-style Batman
>Alfred
>The voice masking thing was way better than Christian Bale's "scary" voice
>The fight scenes were kind of neat, I guess
>The potential for interesting things down the road, maybe.

Things I didn't like:
>Lex
>Lois was near pointless, outside of an ultimately pointless subplot about dealings in Africa or something, and trying (and failing) to get the Kryptonite spear
>Movie was way too long, and took way too long to get going.
>I lost count at the number of dream sequences.
>Super awkward editing.
>Batman's reasoning for wanting to kill Superman was shaky at best.
>Their reasoning for making up were even shakier ("Our moms have the same name? Nevermind, I don't want to kill you.")
>I feel like they blew their Doomsday wad way too early
>It might just be because I was ready to go, but it felt like it had the same multiple ending problem as Return of the King.
>>
>>67415655
I think DC fans are ultimately pleased.

>>67415703
that jar of piss was actually sort of funny and a tad bit intimidating when you sort of learn right there something bad was about to go down.
>>
>>67415702
That had the potential to be an interesting scene. To bad it was stopped before it even started with the Gramdma's piss tea suicide bombing.
>>
>>67415649
I've often seen Luthor as fairly reasonable, if ruthless. He has legitimate concerns about Superman and uses his considerable means to keep him in check. It often takes some extreme dog-kicking to make him villainous.

Which is why I actually really liked Eisenburg. This Luthor is deranged, possibly because he was cruelly abused as a child, and he loathes anyone with power.

He's essentially acting out a hate-induced fantasy of subjugating one's abusers; turning the tables on your tormentor, as it were. Note he is still afraid enough of his father that he didn't change anything in his old room. Though since his father is dead, he lashes out at the government and at Superman as authority figures.
>>
>>67415835

I didn't think it was piss.. is there a reason to think that besides it being yellow? I thought it was more terrifying to think that he not only remembered/researched her favorite drink from home, but acquired it and had it placed on her desk. It demonstrated the sheer power he actually wielded over her - which is what terrifies her so much before the bomb explodes.
>>
>>67415616
I wasn't talking to you. You know how you could have figured that out yourself? Because I didn't quote your post. I didn't even read your post. And I deeply regret having read this post because it was infested with the most inane prattling I've ever read.
>>
>>67415776
Fight scenes were boring, best was a dream sequence.
Also you forgot to mention on the shit list the jumpscare, shoehorned in cameos, Gadot's "acting", and that there are 2 different scenes showing once again bat's origin.

>>67415817
It was neither. Completely cringeworthy.

>>67415860
For some reason it felt less like a Luthor and more like a shitty Joker wannabe
>>
>>67415450
People with standards, huh?
>>
>>67415939
Nice attention spam you got there. It wasn't a drink, it was from their conversation about taking something and callling it by some other name trying to fool people, jesus christ those scenes were like less than 10 mins from each other
>>
>>67414487
Hello Warner Bros. Shill
You're too late the movie is shit
>>
>>67415776
If i may

>Lex
I disagree but thats souly down to preference.
>Lois was near pointless, outside of an ultimately pointless subplot about dealings in Africa or something, and trying (and failing) to get the Kryptonite spear
Well she had a view points, exposing who was behind the entire conspiracy, revealing Supes identity to Lex, and helping to be an answer to supes issues of guilt as referenced by his little self talk with his dad (good scene by the way) about how Martha Kent was what helped him get over his guilt of saving the farm as the expense of another's lively hood.

>>Movie was way too long, and took way too long to get going.

I sort of agree and disagree, i honestly believe if it was allowed more time the pacing and editing wouldnt feel constrained by the theater time limit so it wouldnt feel as long, like Fellowship of the Ring.

>I lost count at the number of dream sequences.
Its just 3

>Super awkward editing.
again, time constraint.
>Batman's reasoning for wanting to kill Superman was shaky at best.
I disagree, they had a pretty good set up for that

>Their reasoning for making up were even shakier ("Our moms have the same name? Nevermind, I don't want to kill you.")
I think it was more of the fact that it showed Bats Supes was vulnerable and ultimately another living being who just happens to be super. Bats had built him up as this god like villain but Clark being scared over losing his mother tore all of that down and Bats instantly related to his vulnerability.

>>I feel like they blew their Doomsday wad way too early

Nah, lets be honest. Doomsday is pretty one note for a villain, now Braniac or DarkSeid....fuck yeah.

>>It might just be because I was ready to go, but it felt like it had the same multiple ending problem as Return of the King.
Possibly.
>>
>>67415967
Honestly, I barely remember the movie, and I just saw it a couple of hours ago. The stuff I mentioned were just the things that came to me out of the vague slurry that is my memory of it.
>>
>>67415963
>Don't reply to me or my wife's son ever again
>>
>>67415939
this.

>>67416020
>>67416020
yeah i dont even recall her drinking it.

>>67416038
we're having a legit decent thread, dont start that horseshit.
>>
File: professional movie critics.png (569 KB, 719x891) Image search: [Google]
professional movie critics.png
569 KB, 719x891
what you need to know about movie reviewers
>>
>>67414487
Fuck off, shill.
>>
>>67416020

I was paying attention, but I must have missed that particular bit. I like Holly Hunter but her lisp was strong in this one.
>>
>>67414783
I can't go to theater until 8th April.
No Deadpool. No Zootopia. No nothing.

At least I can browse 4chan on Friday night.
>>
>>67416125
The fact that Force Awakens has a 92% is all i need to ignore Rotten Tomatos critic scores.
>>
>>67414487
7/10? i just saw this too and... batman and superman were super best friends because their mothers are named Martha... REALLY? Batman hated superman at this point...

wonderwoman was ultra bad, a photo? fuck this

batman scenes were 9/10, best batman
>>
>>67414487
Okay so discard your opinion?
>>
>>67416045
Writers didnt know what to do with lois most of the time.
Like her throwing the macguffin on the pool and 5 mins later going back to take it out, because the plot needed it
>>
>>67416231
i think you misunderstand the entire "martha" bit.

its not about similar names, its about supes not being all powerful and batmans perception of this all powerful beast he built up in his mind crashing down because he related to his fear and vulnerability.
>>
>>67416222
that too, i just wanted to keep it superhero.
>>
>>67416254
i sort of agree, but at least it made some sense why that happened.
>>
>>67414487
Based on what's there and what holes there are in the plot, sould a Killing Joke or Jason Todd flashback sequence be expected in the extended cut?
>>
>>67414487
>and i'll try and keep spoilers to a minimum.
If you weren't a flaming Warner bros. cuck faggot you would KNOW that the entire movie has been spoiled multiple times over but because you're a paid shill you don't wanna spoil it because you want people to see it just accept you've fucked the entire franchise for years to come suck it Warner bros. you fucked up by trying to be something you're not haha
>>
recast Superman and get rid of Zack!
>>
>>67416092
So your opinion really should be discarded then
>>
>>67414487
OP you don't know what the fuck you're saying. Just stop shilling.
>>
>>67416295
oh ok i get you.

And i agree, the jerking off over Marvel and going with the flow of popular opinion has removed a lot of the critical eye away from Marvel.
>>
Good
>Great Action
>Batfleck holds his own
>Amazing Music
>They frame the whole conflict vaguely enough that you can make your own decision on it even though you know Lex framed Supes

Bad
>Nonsensical Lex's activities (piss, cutting hand)
>Wonder Woman/Meta Human tape scenes are dragged out too long
>Lex is a Joker dead ringer

Controversial bits
>Bat's stance on killing/allow death, omission versus commission
>Edginess scale
>>
>>67416222
>not reading the average
God you guys are illiterate
>>
>>67414487
The fight scene is literally the only thing I will probably remember or care about.....So, is it as good as Superman vs Zod?
>>
File: doubtakko.jpg (3 KB, 120x125) Image search: [Google]
doubtakko.jpg
3 KB, 120x125
>>67416278
>missunderstanding the martha bit
>just after finding out their moms are called the same, batman helps him and calls him his friend
>arguing the martha bit wasnt a plot conveniece pulled out of Snyder and Goya's ass to make them stop fighting just as Batman is about to kill Superman
>>
Just got home. Saw it in IMAX 3D (not a fan of 3d but its the only way to reserve actual seats. got primo placement right in the middle)

Critics got it so wrong. I watched the film through the filter of trying to see justification for the bad reviews. There was none. It's abundantly clear that the critics were looking for more of Marvel's style of capeshit.

Either that or the hype was so huge, expectations shot beyond blind fanboy praise and landed in the real of over analyzing and guaranteed disappointment.
>>
>>67416363
Batfleck and that musical cue when Wonder Woman arrives, were the only good parts of the movie.
>>
>>67415348
the crowd surfing scene was eh in that trailer
>>
I agree with OP. I just got back from the movie. I honestly don't know why the critics were as bad as they were on it.

Jesse Eisenberg was pretty ridiculous, and it did meander at the beginning, but after that I was engaged in the movie

Gal Gadot was really a non-issue in the movie. Not enough screen time to really get a read on her.

Ben Affleck's Batman was enjoyable. The only murder he did that I noticed was the guy that was about to kill Superman's mother and that's because he was basically emotionally compromised in that moment.

I definitely liked the new bat voice.

Better than most Marvel shit, not better than Avengers or CA:WS. Not better than Nolan's bat. Why the fuck are they casting Ezra Miller as The Flash though.
>>
>>67416363
Spergy Lex was my favourite bit
The Spykids like music that played when WW came on screen ruined the movie and completely ripped me out of the edgelord grimdark film
>>
>>67416300
They already had one in there, not a flashback but a reference.

Also im not aware of any actual plot holes.

>>67416305
>>67416332

buttmad the posts.
>>
Movie was a classic Lex Luthor nefarious scheme. I think that flew by a lot of people.

Bats did gank a whole bunch of fools in this though. Although once he saw superman was cool, he didn't kill anyone else when he saved Martha
>>
>>67416241
If you want, I don't care.
>>
>>67416494
You care enough to reply though....
>>
>>67416478
Really? The flamethrower guy killed himself. bats just put a hole in the tank. the guy is the one who pulled the trigger and lit it

he did kill nearly every bad guy in the batmobile chase though
>>
>>67416444
>implying that the entire opening sequence with bruce wayne in metropolis while superman was fighting zod wasn't the greatest shit in capeshit history

prove me wrong

pro-tip: you can't
>>
>>67416404
>>just after finding out their moms are called the same, batman helps him and calls him his friend
>>arguing the martha bit wasnt a plot conveniece pulled out of Snyder and Goya's ass to make them stop fighting just as Batman is about to kill Superman
he never calls him a friend.
and it actually makes sense and was properly set up.

just because you didnt get it because Snyder doesnt fucking beat you over the head with every little detail doesnt mean its contrived.
>>
Did any of you like how this movie was cut? It is such a mess from beginning to the end.
>>
>>67416440
>of over analyzing

I thought this was a cerebral movie that was meant to be analyzed.

I also saw the movie, the critics are harsh but honestly they're not far off. I didn't find all that enjoyable, it was just so dark and heavy just for the sake of being dark and heavy.
I didn't really like MoS, this managed to be slightly worse.

I think DC should continue on with they're movie but without Snyder, he's just horrible.
>>
>>67414487
>So go ahead and ask me anything

How much does WB pay you to shill their terrible movies? Or do you do it for free?
>>
>>67416487
Dude you're saying a bunch of nonsensical shit. You even said you don't remember shit. Why should anyone listen? Fuck off back to, reddit
>>
>>67416562
He does, he says it to Martha. Watch it again retard
>>
>>67416569
Name a fictional film that is dark and heavy for the sake of something else? You don't even know what you're saying
>>
>>67416569
>I thought this was a cerebral movie that was meant to be analyzed.

It's a comic book superhero movie, friend
>>
>>67414487
>so go ahead and ask me anything
Why do you suck shit at defending a film and analyzing it?
>>
>>67414487
>8/10, above average
5/10 is average. 8 out of ten is quite good.

This isn't videogames, where if a game is reviewed as under 6/10 then it's pure dogshit.
>>
>>67416533
Here's your (you). Go crazy with it
>>
>>67414783
Go see cloverfield lane, the witch, or zootopia.

There are no fewer than three good movies to see over Batman V Superman.

Or just stay home and watch classics.
>>
>>67414741
But they don't have any legitimate reasons. The whole movie boils down to them fighting over a misunderstanding
>>
I had a hard time understanding what the nigger in the vortex was saying

Also I like how lex basically confirmed Darkseid incoming, if the omega symbol and the bug mutants in the dream sequence werent telling enough
>>
>>67416478
>Better than most Marvel shit

It really wasn't though, Man of Steel is better, and that is not a good thing.

I understand why the critics kept using the word "fun", there is none of it while watching this movie.

Zimmer and Junkie XL soundtrack was pretty goat though, especially when WW appears.
>>
>>67416626
so then why is anything below 6/10 "certified rotten"?
>>
>>67416460
>"I don' know if issa race thang, or a woman thang, but I'm MAD AS HELL!"

In my theater I only heard one person laugh, and it was a small black child sitting behind me.
>>
>>67416488
>I think that flew by a lot of people.
I grew up with super firends so i caught that instantly. I was enjoying the hell out of how insane he was.
its that Ego, he cant stand the idea of Supes existing because it compromises his idea of his superiority.

>>67416532
to be fair, bats kills more often than people realize, and not just in movies.

>>67416533
i was loving that entire alternative perspective stuff going on.
Thats why i cant hate snyder, for all his flaws, he really puts a lot of energy and effort into scenes and they may not always pay off but when they do they're great!
>>
>>67416648
What makes more sense, BvS where they legitimately want eachother dead and theres no way to pit them against eachother realistically, or what this film did
>>
>>67416636
it's alright, i didn't expect you to come up with anything better

i got you covered in the pro-tip
>>
>>67416569
>I thought this was a cerebral movie that was meant to be analyzed.
You are so far up your own ass
>>
>>67416521
Ok. You asked a question, and I answered. You win, I guess.
>>
>>67414526
There is a scene in the beginning where people are captured and have bags on their heads and someone mentions cia
>>
>>67416626
OP is obviously mentally retarded
>>
>>67416656
>"fun"
congress got blown up
>>
File: gotapoint.gif (494 KB, 245x136) Image search: [Google]
gotapoint.gif
494 KB, 245x136
>>67416645
listen to this guy
>>67416652
"Lois is the key, you were right about him, did i show up early? Go and find us!"
>>
>>67416603

It just felt like Zack Snyder wanted to keep it tonally dark with no break whatsoever, like even when it wasn't appropriate. I'm not asking for quips at every turn but maybe some nice breaks would have helped.
>>
File: mike_jay_fucking_kek.png (162 KB, 494x388) Image search: [Google]
mike_jay_fucking_kek.png
162 KB, 494x388
>mfw reading OP post ITT
>>
>>67416588
>"im a friend of your son"

that just means he's an associate or is partnered with him, not that they have a built friendship.

you're over analyzing something that's rational to say to a normal old woman at that point.

>>67416626
then assume an 8 is equivilent to a B and 6-7 is D to C.

school grading.
>>
I wasn't aware that Gotham and Metropolis were so close to each other.
>>
>>67416533
>Opening sequence
>What was an enjoyable sequence in MoS, if heavy on the "wait this is probably killing lots of people", complete with a "destroy the world!" plot
>portrayed as absolutely terrifying; a threat whose scope is way beyond common men, with nothing to do to stop it
>yet Bruce Wayne will try anyway

Why is Snyder so good at opening sequences and shit at everything else? Watchmen opening was GOAT too.
>>
>>67416735
There were at least half a dozen decent laughs at my showing. More than enough in my opinion.
>>
>>67416656
>I understand why the critics kept using the word "fun", there is none of it while watching this movie.
i thought there were plenty of fun scenes.

But there is also tone to consider, you can have a FUN scene that is also not a HAPPY scene. War movies for example.

people assume FUN means the tone has to be happy.
>>
>>67416768
It varies depending on who is writing it and what the story calls for, but it's pretty common for them to be "across the bay"

I always saw Metropolis in the midwest, like chicago, and Gotham obviously as new york
>>
>>67416781
the jar of piss and MM BOYS wasn't funny
>>
>>67416774
It's probably because he started off as a music video director.
>>
>>67416363
God i'm so fucking sad about Lex.

Why can't they just get him right like in the animated movies? If the rock weren't brown, and so unbelievably charismatic I could almost see him doing it. I want to see the lex that's practically the pinnacle of humanity physically and mentally. Basically a better version of Batman really.
>>
>>67416688
BvS doesn't make sense. That's why the very famous comic of them fighting isn't actually a part of the DC continuity and is basically just a spinoff existing outside of it. WB thought for some reason they should base their big expensive tent pole franchise on this comic. That was a mistake.
>>
>>67416825
neither of those elicited laughter
>>
>>67416688
this film made sense in its set up.

bats sees supes as a legit threat to humanity and is also torn and guilt ridden, Supes is essentially forced to fight while also dealing with his own sins.
>>
File: SP.jpg (44 KB, 550x474) Image search: [Google]
SP.jpg
44 KB, 550x474
>>67416763
>implying you aren't overanalyzing this whole movie
>still defending the fact that Batman didn't kill him just because their moms share names
>>
>>67414487
i saw it, figure Ill give my thoughts.

while yes, Batman's reason for being against superman are totally justified, the fact that he forgets this after finding out both their mothers are named Martha was dumb. not sayig you couldnt get something out of that, but this movie sure as hell didnt.

the first two hours are just kinda there, showing different plot threads that lead nowhere, with messy editing like the editors couldnt figure it out either. the dream sequences dont have any context, the only reason youd know theyre related to darkseid or the multiverse or whatever is if you read it online. i doubt most audience members have that same knowledge coming in, and the movie doesnt explain it

the piss jar bomb thing was laughably cringeworthy.

I like Jesse Eisenberg, but CHRIST this fucking lex luhor is just awful. he's an aspergers daffy duck that escaped the loony bin.

the movie thinks its so deep for bringing up religion or greek gods, but it feels so pretentious and results in underdeveloped observations. we get it, superheroes are the greek gods of today. is that all youre going to say? how is this movie deep for spouting juvenile philosophy or half assed religious symbolism?

Ben Affleck as Batman is awesome, regardless of him killing or not.

Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman was great too, for what little she was given.

The whole criticism of the movie being grimdark didnt really resonate with me. mostly because the dark shit feels so out of place. mostly because of the upbeat score, and mostly because the imagery is so obvious that it wants a reaction. the terrorism plot, the 9/11 stuff, the torcher, just felt shallow with no weight to really get any depressing feeling out of me.

I honestly dont see why anyone would want to defend this,p. i guess they're that easy to be pleased. and that makes me sad. its not downright awful to me, because when the trinity come together you get a glimpse of them playing off eachother perfectly
>>
Why has no one said anything about Batman killing like 20-30 people. He has machine guns built into every vehicle. I would have been fine with everything else, but the movie lost me as soon as a crazy fundamental aspect of a character was ignored. Sooka/Sokka level shit to me.
>>
>>67416836
I've read TDKR and BvS doesnt take that much from it, other than the fact that batman and superman fight.

Superman was obviously holding back, and batman got in a few good shots. they were tricked into hating eachother, which will be the catalyst for their lifelong friendship, and the creation of the justice league.

I havent heard anyone come up with a better set up
>>
>>67416735
did you not see the smaller gags, Lex, or just the softer moments with people or Alfreds snide remarks?

There is such thing as a relief without having a crammed in joke.
>>
>>67416856
The only thing that I recall getting a reaction in my theater was.

>I'm a friend of your son.
>Yeah, I figured.
>>
>>67416825
MM Boys was barely a line. It was in script terms an "Enter".

and the piss jar wasnt really piss, it was a threat or a checkmate. She never even drank it.
>>
>>67416934
honestly, one of the better parts. i feel like a decent amount of the end was what we shouldve just had as the entire movie
>>
>>67416919
Alfred reminded me of my mom in this movie. I can think of at least two moments where he makes sideways remarks about wanting Bruce to settle down and have kids.
>>
>>67416532

That did bother me a bit while watching. He definitely killed people in this movie.

There seemed to be some criteria, though. He didn't use guns or kill anyone in personal combat (except to rescue Martha) and he only used lethal force in the car against mooks with heavy machinery, which honestly gave him absolutely no other choice.

I'd be curious to know what personal rules he operates under in this universe.

He clearly does not kill people simply for expedience or because he thinks people will be safer if his target is dead. And that's always been the big hangup for him anyway; I doubt Batman's ever demonized soldiers, honest policemen or average people who killed when given no other choice to protect themselves; he just can't allow himself to kill when it's feasible not to.

Then again we may simply be seeing a bitter, enraged post-Jason Todd Batman. A Robin *is* dead.
>>
>>67414526
I actually laugh at this. This board broke me.
>>
We fucking need a solo Batman movie made only by Affleck
>>
>>67416896
>while yes, Batman's reason for being against superman are totally justified, the fact that he forgets this after finding out both their mothers are named Martha was dumb.

It's that he realizes right there that Superman is just a guy trying to save his mom. Something anyone can sympathize with, most of all someone who lost his own. Very human. So he puts the whole thing on hold.

>the piss jar bomb thing was laughably cringeworthy.
the piss jar wasn't a bomb. did you seriously think it was?
>>
>>67414526
Dunno, Lex was pretty autistic, so maybe one of his scenes might be meme-material.
>>
>>67416901
They pretty clearly established how Bruce viewed criminals basically as dirt at this point in his life. It's not outrageous to think at this point in his career he doesn't care about killing the ones that don't give him a choice. Granted they glossed over it completely as if everyone should know this, but I think the Hack deserves a pass here.
>>
File: image.png (194 KB, 461x342) Image search: [Google]
image.png
194 KB, 461x342
>>67416828
>If the Rock weren't brown
Call me a moron if you want, but I always thought Lex was black when I was first exposed to him on S:TAS as a kid. Didn't mean anything to me, I just thought he was black. The Rock could certainly look the part, but I don't know if I'd buy him as a genius.
>>
>>67414487
>watches something that's been critically panned
>wants to be contrarian
>too much of a pussy to go all the way
>7/10
>everytime

thanks for your contribution
next time why don't you take an actual stance you pussy
>>
>>67414526
DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING
>>
>>67417083
OP is a faggot. What did you expect
>>
It might just be because I'm getting older, but what is it with superhero movies having hot mother figures lately? Ma Kent is hot in these movies, and there have now been two hot Aunt Mays in the Spider-Man movies (Sally Field and Marisa Tomei).
>>
>>67417025
I kind of liked the piss jar thing
/tv/ made it out to be like Lex literally has a gag where he asks for her cup and pisses in it
but the actually context is pretty subtle and basically says "you fucked with the wrong dude"
I kind of liked it the more I think about that piss jar thing
>>
>>67416901
>Why has no one said anything about Batman killing like 20-30 people. He has machine guns built into every vehicle.
because its not new and the idea Bats never uses guns or never kills is incorrect.

Batman even in main universe comics has ended a few bitches before.
>>
>>67417103
It's not you getting older, this is definitely a new trend.
>>
Who do you fags think lex contacted?
>>
>>67417130
I'd say Brainiac but judging by the rush they're in it's just going to be Darkseid already.
>>
>>67417130
Thanos. Justice League will be in Infinity War. My brother works for Steam. Feel free to screencap this.
>>
>>67417130
In that jump to the future vision of batman's it had the Darkseid symbol

Also there's those locusts, that's a separate villain but I can't remember their name.
>>
>>67416988
>I'd be curious to know what personal rules he operates under in this universe.
Dark Knight Returns rules.
he fucking kills the joker dead in that one.

>>67417002
>We fucking need a solo Batman movie mad
Your in luck, buddy.
>>
>>67417126
not him, but even aunt may is hot in the last 2 spider man cartoons (spectacular and ultimate)

>>67417130
it's implied to be darkseid for some fucking reason
>>
>>67414487
I just saw it too, it was absolute shit. I want my 2 hours and 30 minutes back.
>>
>>67417182
>last 2 spider man cartoons
Well excuse me, I need to go research this.
>>
>>67417177
I thought Joker killed himself in that by breaking his own neck.
>>
I just saw this movie. It seemed like it tried to be too many things. It would have been way better if it was just a Man of Steel 2 and only Lex was the villain and Bats and WW could have made cameos.

It might be WBs fault, trying to push out the Justice League films, but they could have started out the DC universe slower as the Marvel/ Avengers universe is half way done.
>>
>>67417083
>next time why don't you take an actual stance you pussy
i did, faggot.
i liked the movie.

what you wanted a fucking 10/10?
This isnt a Sergio Leone movie.
>>
>>67417130

Given the giant Omega symbol, the Parademons, and the fact that Luthor says he's coming "from the stars", it can only be Darkseid.

Unless it's Granny Goodness or something.
>>
>>67417182
>for some fucking reason
what does that mean? who else should it be?

I thought it was clear that the kryptonian ship put him in contact with Darkseid and showed him the records of Doomsday
>>
>>67417049
>Granted they glossed over it completely as if everyone should know this, but I think the Hack deserves a pass here.
He doesn't deserve a pass BECASUE of that exact reason. DKReturns actually explained WHY batman is who he is in that story, BvS barely does that.

And that "I'll kill her, believe me I'll do it!" is of course completely misshandled in BvS.
>>
>>67417177

By "kills the Joker dead" do you mean "paralyzed him but still refuses to kill him, but the Joker commits suicide so it'll look like Batman killed him as a final prank"?
>>
>>67417117
you dont get to have a gun cocking back in slo-mo breaking Martha Waynes pearls and Batman mowing down lackys in the same movie. Can't have your cake and eat it to.
>>
>>67417210
Protip: If you are going to score something 7/10 you might as well just not write the score and let people read what you have to say.
A 7/10 score reads "I have no opinion".
>>
I honestly think critics just don't know how to comprehend a comic book movie that doesn't try to be comedic.

I think that's their issue with the movie. Just my guess though because I actually enjoyed it and usually agree with critics.
>>
>>67417206
kind of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYuYsh48MK0
>>
>>67416901
>millennial detected
>>
>>67417282
You can have comedic moments and not try to be a comedic movie.
>>
>>67417268
no opinion is no post at all, you idiot.
>>
>>67417025
no i didnt think the piss jar was a bomb. i think the piss jar and the bomb were fucking stupid.

and how does finding out that supermans mom is named martha suddenly make him go "aw shucks, he aint so bad. he still killed a bunch of people but his mom is named martha"

seriously, fuck off
>>
>>67417344
Batman doesn't want to kill Superman because he "killed a bunch of people"

He wanted to prevent the carnage that surrounded Superman, and the eventuality of Superman going bad. But he realizes that Superman is just another guy who didn't ask for any of this.

Did you even watch the movie or are you just basing your post off maymays on /tv/?
>>
>>67414562
>>67414703

Wasn't the third one supposed to be a prophetic message from the flash?
>>
>>67416645
>cloverfield lane
completely underwhelming.

>the witch
interesting, but really short and mostly forgettable.

>zootopia
good movie to watch at home with your gf, or kids. no reason to see it on the big screen.

Go see BvS. The critics are completely wrong on this one, it's nowhere near as bad as they are portraying it to be. I was engaged throughout the entire thing and felt like I was actually transported into a comic book universe. Very refreshing after sitting through so many Marvel movies that felt like I was watching a cosplay sitcom. Trust me, this thing is a spectacle to see in theaters and especially in imax.
>>
>>67416896
>the only reason youd know theyre related to darkseid or the multiverse or whatever is if you read it online.

It was pretty fucking obvious forshadowing of SOMETHING related to the sequels. Are you retarded?
>>
>>67417049
There is not even an pff hand comment about his lethality. Alfred implies that the branding is a new thing that might be going a bit to far. Why would he complain about a branding to the guy who kills people. Just a bit of exposition about a huge change would have been nice. Came outta left field, honestly thought it was another dream sequence.
>>
>>67417496
This, i swear to god people either dont pay attention or let others alter their views on the film.

But any defense and you're s hill or a pseudo intellectual even when the evidence is spelled out right there they're wrong.

Is the movie flawed? of course.
is it bad? No, its actually pretty good and attempts to elevate itself above typical capeshit.
>>
File: all out.jpg (36 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
all out.jpg
36 KB, 625x626
>>67417558
>>
>>67417558
> I was engaged throughout the entire thing and felt like I was actually transported into a comic book universe. Very refreshing after sitting through so many Marvel movies that felt like I was watching a cosplay sitcom.

My thoughts exactly. I got a good laugh when even my mom (who loved it) complained about Eisenberg.

>if he's that obviously insane you would think someone would have gotten him help
>>
>>67417601
>attempts to elevate itself above typical capeshit.
In the most clumsy and up it's ass way possible. 9/11 9/11 GOD GOD GOD JESUS IMAGERY JESUS IMAGERY IS BEING A HERO GOOD OR BAD.
Christ.
>>
>>67417584
no, but apparently you are.
it forshadows SOMETHING. why not just say its fucking Darkseid in the movie? we all know that its fucking him, but casual viewers wont understand what the fuck is going on.

so seriously, what the fuck is wrong with that criticism?
>>
>>67417602
Not him but I think if you actually saw the movie you wouldn't call it bait. That being said, The Witch is pretty damn good. I'd put BvS over the other two in a second.
>>
>>67415133
This guy is a moron, move along
>>
>>67417601
>attempts to elevate itself above typical capeshit
Which is an extremely stupid idea for a movie that has as childish a premise as Batman vs Superman. There was no way it could have worked.
>>
>>67417584

Hell I knew it was Darkseid and I've never read the comics; I only ever watched Justice League. Who else uses the Omega symbol?
>>
>>67417669
I'm a casual and I had a good idea it was Darkseid by the end. My had a good idea what was going on and she hasn't read a comic since the 60s.
>>
for the record batman beats superman
>>
Just saw it.
Zack is a megalomaniac who tried to blend a couple of edgy well known stories of Superman and Batman. He failed at it by repeating the formula of MoS and the pacing.
I thought I was going to watch a good movie. Some people said to me they never saw anything like this. I was promised capekino by my normie friends in other words. It began with a white screen and black letters and I thought it would be divided in acts with distinct themes but boy was I wrong.
The problem really is the editing. It was botched and I hope the 30+ minutes version fixes this, but I doubt it would help this movie. It was an amorphous mess
>>
>>67417691
Critics aren't wrong movie is pretty shitty. Sure looks great but that doesn't help at all the inconsistencies and plot conveniences this movie has.
>>
>>67414562
>third dream
who was the guy who tells bruce that lois is the key?
>>
>>67417691
>The Witch is pretty damn good. I'd put BvS over the other two in a second

So what you're saying is that The Witch is putrid shit. that doesn't make sense.
>>
>>67417496
i saw the fucking movie asshole. but no, cant say that scene is stupid because it was so well executed and immediately evident. you should me zack snyder and his shitty writers are actually geniuses for bringing up that yes, they both have moms named martha. that suddenly makes everything right with them.
>>
>>67414487
The entire movie was just setups for other movies. That is the biggest problem with capeshit, its just a vehicle for more capeshit, it doesn't stand on its own as a film or tell its own story. It just sets up more capeshit, which will in turn, only set up more capeshit. MCU destroyed super hero movies.
>>
>>67417526
Im honestly not sure. It might be.
>>
>>67417749
Also, Snyder's "vision" of the characters don't work when by the end of the movie Batman has more reason to side with Luthor than Batman logically.
>muh martha
oh fuck you snyder
>>
>>67414602
>genuinely awesome

I THOUGHT THAT TOO AMIGO! BROFISTE! XD
>>
>>67417752
>Sure looks great but that doesn't help at all the inconsistencies and plot conveniences this movie has.

My problem with that statement is the movie was reviewed more negatively than a vast majority of recent capeshit that is absolutely worse in both of those respects. So if the critics weren't' wrong about this movie, then they had to have been wrong about the other movies. Either way they were wrong at some point.
>>
>>67417749
Reminder that they crammed shit out so they could have Lex jar of piss, 2 (same) scenes of Bat's origins, jumpscare and 6 dream secuences
>>
>>67417755
The Flash, But why did he wear the Mask... over the mask..
>>
>>67417784
What are you talking about? I just praised it. I just said I'd put BVS over cloverfield and zootopia.
>>
>>67416656
I consider "fun" being totally engrossed in the world that a movie conjures up, regardless if the tone is bright and cheery or dark and joyless.

BvS's tone is almost like a greek tragedy, and I think that's what has thrown most critics off. They went in looking at the movie through Marvel-colored glasses when ultimately the point of the movie is to transport you straight into the dark and grimy universe of late 80's/early 90's comics.

I had fun watching this thing on the big screen. It wasn't perfect and has quite a few flaws, specifically some of the editing and CGI and an odd portrayal of Lex Luther, but it's been years since a movie took me completely out of this world and tossed me headlong into another. To me, that's what cinema is supposed to be and this movie nailed it in that aspect.
>>
>>67417800
It sounded and looked kind of like Ezra Miller and it had his little time travel bubble around him from the comics so I assumed it was.
>>
>>67415703
>I didn't watch the movie

The senator tells lex Luthor Jr that he can call a jar of piss grandma's peach ice tea, or something, but she won't drink it, meaning she doesn't buy his bullshit
>>
>>67417649
>9/11 9/11 GOD GOD GOD JESUS IMAGERY JESUS IMAGERY IS BEING A HERO GOOD OR BAD.
>Christ.
dont just make shit up because you only saw the trailer.

>>67417706
except it did and cycnics liek you are why we have a hard time making Batman v Superman not childish in the public eye.

>>67417752
there were not plot contrivences or inconsistencies.
maby in pacing because it had to be shortened, but thats it.

>>67417755
Flash?
>>
>>67417799
>The entire movie was just setups for other movies
true but it also served as its own movie with its own ideas
>>
File: 1442794757991.jpg (109 KB, 834x542) Image search: [Google]
1442794757991.jpg
109 KB, 834x542
i'm not a capeshit fan but this movie is very entertaining. the only problem i had with it was the
>i have to save the earth from you
>my mom's name is martha too
>ok let's be friends.
>>
>>67417810
>Lex jar of piss
At the very least, it was a good moment.
>>
>>67417819
Why does he wear the mask? Would it hurt if I took it off?
>>
>>67417872
>except it did
I would take you more seriously if you knew how to capitalize letters. That being said though, no. No it didn't.
>>
>>67417850
>I consider "fun" being totally engrossed in the world that a movie conjures up

yes exactly that. But i didn't feel that at all while watching this movie. It honestly felt like an abridged version of another movie.
>>
>>67417819
>>67417872
he can travel in between drams? never read the comics
>>
>>67417933
don't know about dreams but he can time travel. so can superman technically
>>
>>67416822

Closest to canon we get is Gotham in mid New Jersey, and Metropolis along the Connecticut coast. It works well enough. Fits the mood of both cities, and allows for plain flights between them to make sense.
>>
File: 1378704784173.png (801 KB, 1116x1100) Image search: [Google]
1378704784173.png
801 KB, 1116x1100
>>67417911
>abridged version of another movie
Or a series of movies.
>>67417933
It's the Flash, ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>67417870
I did, and I know but my point is on a movie that is already way too long and has left a lot of shit out, was it really necesary to make a plot point about that jar of piss. Not only that but the bombing scene gets forgotten once it's done.
>>
>>67417895
>>my mom's name is martha too
>>ok let's be friends.
again, you guys are actually underreading the scene.
its not the name. The name throws him off, but its what that means to him in that moment where he thinks he's about to kill a tyrannical god.

he just saw fear and vulnerability, but not from him, but from Clark being a farm boy worried about his momma.

Its like those war movies where a soldier whose buff and gritty is dying and crying for his mother.
>>
>>67414487

> So no, this movie isnt remotely as bad as people are shitting themselves over.

This tbqfh.

I went into the theater expecting a complete shitshow, but really enjoyed most parts. Really loved Affleck's Batman. Thought the whole Justice League tease was forced in, would have cut those scenes if I were Snyder.

Overall, I'd say BvS is a 6/10, maybe a 7/10.
>>
why was doomdsday was like a mutant king kong? i remember from the pepsi cards that he can talk and interact, he was an atagonist not just a nuclear monkey.
>>
Does it look like there will be a legion of doom or is it going in a different direction? I don't want lex to be killed off
>>
2.5/5, with MoS 2/5.
>>
>>67417872
>I am going to kill you and theres nothing you can do about it
>oh your mom's name is Martha? What are the odds, Pal! Lets buddy up to save the world
Also
>>67416254
>>
>>67418000
Because they needed to destroy more buildings and shock the audience by having Superman die.
>>
>>67416231
>best batman
He literally crushes a man with his car. I don't think he's batman at this point.
>>
>>67418037
see >>67417982
>>
>>67418064
the other batman's killed to.

like a lot.
>>
Just got back

It wasn't a massive pile of shit, but it's not great.

I enjoyed MOS and I enjoyed BVS equally. I think once other directors take on the DCEU and not Snyder, the quality of films will begin to get much better.

What I liked:
>Affleck's Batman is now my favorite portrayal put on screen. I really hope he directs a solo Batman film.
>the action scenes were pretty damn good, especially the batmobile chase sequence and the final fight between the trinity and doomsday.
>Eisenberg was a pretty good Lex Luthor, even though he was a little over the top at times.
>Wonder Woman was great in the end and not really anywhere else
>I loved the entire 3rd act from when Bruce steals Lex's Kryptonite to the final shot of the movie.
>It left me wanting to see more of Affleck's Batman and him going against his classic rogues gallery. I can't wait for a solo film.
>Metropolis destruction from Bruce's POV was great.

What I didn't like:
>pacing was a little bit weird, the Pa Kent scene seemed really out of place.
>Mercy Graves was completely useless and served no purpose to anything.
>Holly Hunter's lisp when she pronounces anything with an "s" is incredibly annoying.
>I expected more from the fight between bats and supes, pretty underwhelming.
>Zack Snyder shouldn't be making Justice League
>some things seemed really out of place like Diana finding out JUST BEFORE the fight about all the other metahumans

overall, 6.5/-7/10. It was alright. I'm excited to see James Wan do Aquaman since I loved Saw, Conjuring, Insidious, and Furious 7. I think Wonder Woman will be pretty good and I'm curious to see what they'll do with Cyborg.

I think it's time for Zack Snyder to stop making DC films though considering he's given the DCEU a sluggish and underwhelming start with the less than favorable response to the first two movies.
>>
>>67417982
>>67418072
DCucks being this delusional
>>
>>67416125
Cap 1 is a top 5 comic movie
>>
>>67417982
i get what youre saying, but i dont think reshowig the first few scenes of the movie, with his parents being shot, makes this as clear as you want to present it.

again, i get it. i think for most people though having batman realize that superman isnt that bad, because his mom shares his own moms name, is kind of stupid.
>>
>Batman vs Superman
LITERALLY 10 MINUTES OF THESE TWO FIGHTING EACH OTHER.
>>
>>67416988
>Then again we may simply be seeing a bitter, enraged post-Jason Todd Batman. A Robin *is* dead.
You know what happens in post-Jason Todd Batman? He still doesn't kill. This movie was really weird with batman and I was genuinely uncomfortable with it. In particular during the chase scene.
>>
>>67418164
>i think for most people though having batman realize that superman isnt that bad, because his mom shares his own moms name, is kind of stupid.

Not him but I never saw it as that. There was a lot more parallelism involved. The fight that lead up to it even involved Bruce talking about their upbringings and their reasons for what they do.
>>
>>67418202
And now I remember what the Red Hood asked him about the Joker.
>WHY IS HE STILL ALIVE?
>>
>>67418164
Maby its because snyder doesnt feel like he has to explain what he would consider being simple to understand points.

And again, its not the name, its the fact he is the son of someone from earth and is more worried about her death than his own.
that crushes batman's entire view of Superman. it showed him he was completely wrong and he was about to commit actual murder.
>>
>>67414526
AHOY HOY gets my vote new meme current year.
>>
>it's a Wonder Woman scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw_o7XUX3fg
>>
>>67417911
Fair enough. Different strokes for different folks. I just think this movie deserves a lot more than critics are giving it, some of their negatives were actually positives for me.

They say the movie takes itself too seriously but I actually love that it does. I can't stand these superhero movies that have this ironic "wink wink" feel to them, makes it seem like the whole thing is parody and not worth getting invested in and like the filmmakers don't actually like comic books.

BvS felt like a literal comic book movie. I understand that some people might hate that style but for me it's very entertaining.
>>
>>67414526
>tell me, do you bleed?
>you're going to
>>
>>67418236
and even then Batman has been responsible for plenty of deaths in and out of comics.

destroying vehicles with bad guys firing .50s at him isnt really a direct kill but he had to stop the machine guns.

now when he shot that pyros tank....that WAS a direct kill but it was a very justified moment.

it think this universe is going for the "we just really prefer NOT to kill, but lets not fucking fool ourselves here" kind of universe, which i prefer.
they keep the code but not retardedly so.
>>
>>67416393
it's really good. better than vs zod imo.
>>
>>67418279
>They say the movie takes itself too seriously but I actually love that it does. I can't stand these superhero movies that have this ironic "wink wink" feel to them, makes it seem like the whole thing is parody and not worth getting invested in and like the filmmakers don't actually like comic books.
This, i love Deadpool, but i love DEADPOOL as deadpool, not half of the MCU being Deadpool

Shit gets annoying.
>>
>>67416533
In this universe, Gotham and Metropolis are sister cities, ie RIGHT next to eachother, so in that fight, Superman and Zod are flying between the 2 essentially while beating the shit our of eachother

>Pro-Tip: You're a Cunt
>>
>>67418279
>They say the movie takes itself too seriously but I actually love that it does.

literally was one of my biggest dislikes of this film and MoS. Snyder is to blame for this. I cannot stand this shit. It's a comic book movie I think it needs a certain level self-awareness and just embrace it.

I felt like it was ashamed of it and was trying to hide by pretending to be some greek tragedy.
>>
>>67418336
>It's a comic book movie I think it needs a certain level self-awareness and just embrace it.
fuck that horse shit.
that is retarded as all hell.
Even comic books dont do that self aware horse shit half the time. Some fo the best comic dont have any self awareness.
>>
>>67414487
DC defense force in full swing I guess. But its not too surprising. Most would have liked this movie no matter what.
>>
why did wonder woman use a comercial flight instead of her invisible jet? she couldn't find it?
>>
>>67418392
I'm not asking for DC movies to be carbon copies of Marvel movies but goddamn they really are hard to digest.

It just doesn't have to be a drag constantly, and it did take itself too seriously. I do think Snyder is to blame, and without him this movie would have been much much better.
>>
>>67418417
She, uhh, has to keep up appearances.
>>
>>67418392
You don't have to be like Marvel to be self aware that you're a comic movie. MoS and BvS are just drab, depressing and barely ever let up on that atmosphere.
>>
>>67418452
>It just doesn't have to be a drag constantly, and it did take itself too seriously
That's a BIG problem with this movie.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.