[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He makes a good point.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7
File: remember the billions.png (30 KB, 843x412) Image search: [Google]
remember the billions.png
30 KB, 843x412
He makes a good point.
>>
>>67407303
To busy criticizing toothy monster and glib facsimile
>>
>>67407303
no he's actually grasping at straws
>>
>>67407303

Because The Empire makes no apologies and doesnt give a fuck who complains. Theyll just kill who they want.

BASED EMPIRE
>>
>Star WARS
>>
>>67407303
The good guys didn't kill billions of people like superman did.
>>
Movies don't kill people you fucking twats.
What the fuck is wrong with this world??
>>
>>67407303
Too bad he doesn't make good movies
>>
>>67407303
Death one tradegy
>>
>>67407303
What the fuck is he talking about?
>>
>>67407303
The neckbeard in the picture doesn't look like Snyder.
>>
>>67407303
The Galactic Empire were the good guys all along.
>>
Because they're not killed by the fucking good guys you dumb asshole
>>
>>67407303
Superman did nothing wrong
>>
>>67407392
don't they blow up several planets in force awakens?
>>
>the empire are the bad guys and do bad stuff
>the rebels are the good guys and stop the bad guys from doing the bad stuff
Superman does not stop Zod from massacring thousands of people even though thats canonically his character and he has the power to do so.
>>
File: Black lady from SNL.png (447 KB, 700x445) Image search: [Google]
Black lady from SNL.png
447 KB, 700x445
>tfw when it's real

http://news.yahoo.com/zack-snyder-why-isnt-star-wars-the-force-182100265.html
>>
>>67407442
Yeah, they're the bad guys, that's what the do. Has Zack lost his mind?
>>
>>67407303
If by good you mean retarded. They aren't angry because people died, they are angry because Batman and Superman didn't prevent it. They are superheros so they should be super good at heroics, such as preventing innocents from dying.
>>
>>67407464
>he's already started the blame-game
He knows its a piece of shit.
>>
Because it doesn't happen very graphically in the new star wars so the audience doesn't need to think too hard about it. Most viewers don't even remember it happening.
>>
>hack snyder
>>
File: 1448672049728.jpg (22 KB, 395x300) Image search: [Google]
1448672049728.jpg
22 KB, 395x300
>Speaking to the Wall Street Journal ahead of ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’s’ impending release Zack Snyder explained how he was recently confronted about the level of collateral damage in ‘Man Of Steel’, with the individual insisting that he’d never seen such a high level in a recent film.

>This led Snyder to respond with, “I went, ‘Really?’ And I said, ‘Well, what about [’Star Wars: The Force Awakens’]?’ In ‘Star Wars’, they destroy five planets with billions of people on them. That’s gotta be one of the highest death toll movies in history, the new ‘Star Wars’ movie, if you do the math.”
>>
>Zack 'Why dont they love me man' Snyder
>>
>>67407474
i understand what you mean but superman vs zod was a battle of gods in cardboard world

it's not like zod had the convenient weak spot in his asshole that superman could punch and zod would just explode
>>
>>67407593
What does any of that have to do with star wars? Are you drunk?
>>
>>67407521
>it doesn't happen very graphically in the new star wars
Or the original.
>>
>>67407593
This is so stupid it has to be Zack himself posting.
>>
>>67407534
Rekt by Synder. That's gotta hurt.
>>
>>67407303
So Hitler did nothing wrong?
>>
File: nat.jpg (43 KB, 805x669) Image search: [Google]
nat.jpg
43 KB, 805x669
>>67407303
>his biggest influence is Star Wars

>"you should hate Star Wars as much as my movies"
>>
>>67407593

Zod was crazy about killing Supes at that point. He could just fly to Antarctica and Zod would follow.
>>
>>67407832
Sup Zack.

Good to see you having a lot of free time.

Get used to it.
>>
>>67407303
>The Empire = Superman

Wait what? Did he really compare Superman to a fascist, genocidal dictatorship?
>>
>>67407303
Because comic fans are more infantile than Star Wars fans
>muh Canon
>this is not like muh source material!
>>
>>67407303
comparing your film to Star Wars is probably not the best option for you right now m8...

>a decent 31%
>>
>>67407303

Because the villains do that and not the fucking heroes?
>>
Would like to point out. Isn't one of Batman's point of hating Superman just that. How Superman totally destroyed metropolis during the Zod incident.

All Zack is doing is saying he's team Supes and VIRAL MARKETING.
>>
>>67407593
I'm imagining tiny Poe Dameron flying a tiny bee with a small explosive charge that he throws directly into Zod's asshole.
>>
>>67407974
If we don't have the source material what is even the reason to make a movie in the first place?

"Let's a have a white guy play Black Panther"
>>
>>67407974
batman not killing people is a big part of his character, he was psychologically scarred by his parents' murder and wants to prevent other people having to go through that.

it's like having robin hood steal from the poor and keep for himself. If you're going to change the character that much, why not invent a new one?
>>
>>67407303
Because the people killed in Man of Steel were killed on American soil by a terrorist. TFA had a planet of filthy fucking aliens blown up by the hero we deserve.
>>
>>67407913
>fascist, genocidal dictatorship

the empire is neither of these things
>>
File: 1454689399407.jpg (54 KB, 465x604) Image search: [Google]
1454689399407.jpg
54 KB, 465x604
>>67408183
>indiscriminately destroying multiple planets
>the state controls everything
>political power is in the hands of one man
>>
Did they physically kill billions one by one on the screen?
>>
>>67408183
you must've missed the scenes where they echo hitler rallies and literally destroy 5 planets.
>>
>>67407303
context, retard.
>>
>>67408183
>>67408294
>fascism
The weird thing is that today, people cannot articulate what fascism is. People will vaguely say its extremely right wing but won't specify further. Others will say is totalitarianism or authoritarianism but those are characteristics shared in the Soviet Union at the time and the USSR was not fascist.

Can someone tell me what fascism is? Ideally without buzzwords and cultural marxist propaganda.
>>
>>67408294
>indiscriminately destroying multiple planets

Was the bombing of dresden and tokyo attempted genocide?

>the state controls everything
>political power is in the hands of one man

Which doesn't make it facist

Especially when the empire is capitalist
>>
>>67408425
>Can someone tell me what fascism is? Ideally without buzzwords and cultural marxist propaganda.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascist_Manifesto

essentially it set itself up as the middle path between capitalism and communism
>>
>>67407303
>comparing starshit to capeshit
who gives a fuck you dweeb?
>>
>>67408488
>those points
So.....most Western countries today are openly fascist?
>>
>Trank does this exact shit and he basically gets blacklisted from the industry
>Snyder does it and DC trips over themselves to give him more triple A pictures to ruin
>>
>>67408425
There is an ideological distinction but in practice both system just create a oligarchy that runs wild and implodes with time.

Basically fascist think the state as a depersonified entity should take control over society. The state should come before any and all personal needs

Communism/Marxism is a global moment striving to unite the works and has no need for nation-states.

>>67408436
Well we can argue about genocidal intent till we are blue in the face, fact remains they murdered billions. And if the Axis had won Dresden and Tokyo would have been labelled war-crimes 100%
>>
Facism is the eradication of dissenting opinions.
>>
>>67408557
Nah, idealogical manifest aren't worth the paper they are written on. They are just ideas that never get implemented and millions pay with their lives because of it.

To understand the totalitarianism of the 20th century you would have to study the history of the state, especially WWI and the post way years that saw the rise of unions
>>
>>67407303
Holy shit it's real

Zack might be the single most embarrassing director of all time
>>
>>67407474
Just like all of the real destruction in Man of Steel was caused by the bad guys
>>
>>67407358
Yes they did

In 3 of the movies they blow up planets/moons full of people, most of which were not soldiers
>>
>>67409091
Murderman was punching Zod into buildings with no regard for civilians

The equivalent would be the Rebels staging suicide-bombings in Empire controlled cities
>>
>>67407303
No he doesn't. Retarded Deathstar 3.0 was apart of an evil faction, Superman is suppose to be good.
>>
>>67409185
Those buildings were evacuated, as clearly shown in prior scenes.
>>
>>67409142
Find me one frame with a civilian on-board the Deathstar
>>
>>67407303
Are you perhaps retarded like him? Bad guys kill innocent people, not the heroes. In SW, I mean
>>
>>67409226

>cue Randalls speech about electricians and plumbers and shit
>>
>>67407303
Well TFA is shittier than Man Of Steel.
But they are both pretty bad.
>>
>>67409219
And clearly debunked with BvS because the whole point of the movie was all the collateral damage

>>67409275
>a military sanitation officer is a civilian
>>
>>67407378
go to bed Max
>>
>>67409322
Retard. You clearly haven't even seen the movie.
>>
File: 1303846504913.jpg (17 KB, 284x287) Image search: [Google]
1303846504913.jpg
17 KB, 284x287
>>67407464
>“Once you’ve absorbed that material, there’s no way it doesn’t resonate with you, especially when you’re dealing with characters like Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman, who are basically the trinity,” Snyder says.
>“In some ways, this will be, I hope at it’s really best, the impossible version of ‘Watchmen’.”

MY SIDES
>>
>>67408734
You're just pulling shit out of your ass.
>>
>>67407392
billions died during the production of star wars
>>
>>67407303
I didn't like that part of Force Awakens either. Billions killed and I didn't even know what planets they were or why we should care.
>>
>>67410058
I think you're totally right. But Snyder is wrong. One was an act of war. The other was collateral damage from 2 aliens settling a score. The star wars folks death had meaning.
>>
>>67407331
you know whats scary? That he's actually stupid enough to believe hes making a valid point.
>>
>>67407303

He's an idiot.

If the Rebels had a giant planet destroying laser just like the empire, and the final confrontation of the movie was the Rebels wildly firing the fucking thing in an attempt to hit the Empire's planet before they hit their laser planet, and killed billions in the process he would have a point.

He can't be this fucking stupid. He just can't.
>>
>>67407474
His movie's getting fucking trashed and Warner Brothers is surely about to get really fucking pissed off at Snyder.

I'd say he's shaking in his boots right about now.
>>
because its in space

and we hate JJhack for rehasing ANH and bits of ESB and ROTJ

and this is Earth, your fellow humans, getting rekt in MoS
>>
>>67410649
Judging from his movies, let me give you a quick rundown of the man's actual thought process

>ALL SUPERHEROS ARE ACTUALLY EVIL
>BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT WATCHMEN WAS ABOUT
>>
>>67407303
Because everyone killed in Star Wars is some form of Alien, none of it ever takes place on earth
It just doesn't impact us as much as everyday earthlings that we can relate to dying
>>
>>67407303
What a giant false equivalency
It's about continuity for the Batman character.
>>
File: 1384101358961.gif (650 KB, 350x204) Image search: [Google]
1384101358961.gif
650 KB, 350x204
>>67412648

Look, no one would give a shit if ZOD started off the fight by dropping a Giant People's Elbow in the middle of Metropolis, turning the whole area into a crater.

The problem is Superman and Zod are on the exact same level here and both are so wrapped up in this fight that nether gives a fuck about their surroundings. This is fine and dandy for Zod, but it's not for Jesusman. Because he is supposed to give a shit that some old stubborn fuck might of hunkered down when the evacuation notice came.

Why is this shit so hard to understand? I don't even like Superman, and this shit is enraging.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.