[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BATMAN DOESN'T KILL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8
File: imma rape you.jpg (46 KB, 729x461) Image search: [Google]
imma rape you.jpg
46 KB, 729x461
Name a live action Batman that doesn't kill besides George Clooney? Protip: You can't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psVIG7YvdjM
>>
>>67407005
Adam fucking West
>>
>name a batman that doesn't kill, except for the one that didn't kill

You know how stupid you sound? You essentially lost your own argument to yourself from the beginning.
>>
>>67407038

Watch the end of the video son.
>>
>>67407005
The issue isn't necessarily that he can't kill, but it's the question why the fuck would the Joker ever be allowed to live in a world where the Batman kills.

In fact, the entire suicide squad would be dead the moment they get into a fight with Batman. The reason Batman villains can stay alive is because Batman doesn't kill.
>>
>>67407005
it's one thing when he's killing bad guys, it's another when he's killing ben affleck's career
>>
>>67407117

Maybe Amanda Waller got to Joker and Co. first, hence Suicide Squad.
>>
Clooney kills in his movie...
>>
>>67407117

>why the fuck would the Joker ever be allowed to live in a world where the Batman kills.

Why would Batman kill Dick Grayson though?
>>
>>67407005
Keaton kills a lot, and Bale killed Ra's Al Ghul
>inb4 he just didn't save him, it's not the same thing
>>
>>67407005
>besides George Clooney
Proof positive that the Shumacher Batman films are the best Batman films.
>>
>>67407332
It's not though
>>
>>67407005
>MUH FICTIONAL CHARACTER MORALS
>>
>>67407368
It's a passive killing for all intents and purposes.
>>
> thinking shitty live action Batman movies are the best or only versions of the character
>>
>>67407005
Batman sucks. How many people has the Joker etc killed because of his fuckers bleeding heart?
>>
>>67407005
Most of the Val Kilmer one shown shouldn't be counted

>2 face fires a rocket
>Batman drives out of the way
>The resulting explosion is somehow added to Batmans kill count
>>
>>67407368
>Out by the pool
>your baby crawls in and starts to drown
>you sit in your chair and watch it die
>no jail time
>>
Snyder can't even get fucking Frank Miller's Batman right. He's disappeared up his own ass with his own shitty version of it. Even Dark Knight Returns didn't have Batman as this big of a thoughtless asshole. Even the late 90s early 2000s where Batman was more of a dick than ever didn't have him this bitter and careless.
>>
>>67407005
Incidental kills don't count, you can't keep everyone from harm and edgy Tim Burton movies don't count either
>>
Zack Snyder pays more attention to shitty YouTube videos than the actual comics. Some of his comments about Dark Knight Returns are insane. He's making shit up that isn't even there on the page. Plus scenes he does use don't even have the same context or impact of Miller's story.

Dark Knight Returns is overrated as fuck, but it's still a great story and I love the hell out of it. It's mind numbing how a shithead like Sndyer can use it as an excuse for his shitty ideas.
>>
>>67407005
>the slightest impact was enough to reduce them to antimatter.
>you mean they... won't be coming back?

burt ward a fucking physics genius over here
>>
>>67407332

Keaton killed

>Joker goons
>The Joker
>fire eater thug
>strong man thug

Bale killed

>Ra's Al Ghul (the asian one)
>the prisoner that he didn't want to kill (kek)
>the league of shadows
>the crazy garbage Truck driver
>Harvey Dent
>Talia's driver

>let Liam Neeson die (what "good" Batman would do this)

Nolan and his brother even said in the screenplay book for the movies that their Batman broke their one rule.
>>
>>67407005
People fixate on these no-kill or no-gun things because having a 'code of honor' is a very safe alternative to having an actual sense of ethics.
>>
>>67407005
But Val Kilmer didn't kill anyone. It was just thugs trying yo kill him and missing, and it's not like he knocked two face of the ledge with his coins, two face tried to catch his one a lost his balance.
>>
>>67407699
That's one thing that always annoyed me in The Dark Knight

Heath Legend makes a big fucking deal about Batmans "one rule" despite him breaking it once every 2 minutes in the previous movie.
>>
>>67407681
This is the show where they used anti shark bat repellant to make a shark stop biting batman, then explode.
>>
>>67407728
He tricked 2 face, he knew he'd try to catch those coins.

What your saying is like saying "Yes i cut the brakes to the car, but it was actually the sudden stop that killed her!"

You're still responsible if you directly caused it to happen, which really should be obvious.
>>
>>67407117
Punisher kills people and yet he still has recurring villains. Jigsaw, for example, is someone he never manages to kill.
All it takes is for the joker to be able to escape batman before he kills him, that's it.
I haven't seen the movie nor do I care about it but I heard this criticism multiple times and it makes no sense. A lot of characters in a lot of stories will kill people, doesen't mean they automatically succeed every time.
>>
>>67407808

That's why I don't see why people harp about Keaton and Affleck. Atleast they don't have some dumb rule.

Bale's whole thing is contradictory and makes him come off as hypocritical. Okay, so you have your one rule and you won't kill this Joker guy because of it (even though eliminating him would save countless lives). Well you're a fucking wanton murderer with everyone else! It makes no sense.

Now, I think it was entirely appropriate for him to let Ra's Al Ghul die or kill Harvey Dent (who was threatening a kid), but nothing becomes of it! He doesn't even show guilt or remorse like "oh my god, I killed a man, Joker was right". Nothing. So why even implement the rule in the first place.

And yeah, Kilmer didn't kill those thugs, they killed themselves. Don't get why he's on there. People hate the Schumacher Batman movies, but that's the only one that has a Batman that doesn't kill. He even tells Robin not to do it and warns about the dangers of revenge.
>>
>>67407368
Then the Joker did not kill Rachel.
>>
>>67407808
But it's never directly. His actions aren't specifically to kill (ie he never intended to kill the Asian guy, the explosion was just to help get away).

The only reason he saves the joker is because he he throw him, where as Ra's set himself up to die (he was intending to die anyway).
>>
>>67407005
The point is, it wasn't so in your face in the other ones.
>>
>>67408098
>But it's never directly.

Oh please, stop that. We're adding sub rules now? He kills, then he harps on about how awesome he is because he doesn't kill. The dude is a fucking hypocrite. It's as simple as that.

Nolans Batman is not any smarter than previous Batmans. it just thinks it is.
>>
>>67407871
No that's a terrible analogy.

He didn't cause shit to happen, dent could have just not tried to catch the coins. Nothing forced dent to do that. Like I said he didn't throw them at him and it wasn't the shock of it that made him fall, it was him still trying to catch that fucking coin.

A better analogy is giving drugs to someone and them overdosing. At the end of the day, they killed themselves, no one forced them to do that shit.
>>
File: 1455817636735.png (18 KB, 499x555) Image search: [Google]
1455817636735.png
18 KB, 499x555
Why doesn't Batman just kill the Joker?
>>
>>67408193
>he doesn't understand the difference between manslaughter and murder
>he doesn't understand the concept of "intent"
This is literal autism.

>Nolan's batman is not any smarter than previous batmans
Considering TDKR exists, I agree whole heartedly.
>>
>>67408208
>He didn't cause shit to happen
Dent wouldn't have did if he didn't throw them
>dent could have just not tried to catch the coins
...maybe, if he was mentally competent, which he clearly fucking wasn't.
> Nothing forced dent to do that
His mental illness did, and Batman. Murdering fuck bag that he is
>>
>the death of that french bitch at the end of the big guy movie
she looks like when kids play war and pretend to die, doing the super dramatic head movement
absolutely disgusting. that movie is terrible.
>>
He should install a fucking shotgun in his batsuit if he wants to be efficient in murdering thugs, or use a sniper gun, there is no need to fight hand to hand when he can just shot nonstop.
>>
>>67408098

Tell that to the garbage driver and Harvey Dent in the Dark Knight. Sure, say he didn't intend to kill Ra's and his men, but he DEFINITELY killed Two-Face and that truck driver.

He purposely causes a head on collision with the guy and bucks Dent down into a ditch, breaking his neck.
>>
>its a "/tv/ doesn't understand the character of Batman and can't properly discuss morality and how it fits into the mythos" thread
Back to /v/ you retards.
>>
>>67408257

Batman always liked to play the hero and he always need a villain
>>
>>67408699

I want to see a movie that shows this. Just make a bat shit crazy Batman.
>>
>>67408763
He's crazy in all of them. Bale made a good point that any person who goes around dressed as a giant bat punching people in the face is a full blown maniac. Hence his commonality with the Joker.
>>
>>67408697
explain it to us then, mister "comic book lore and characters" expert
>>
>>67408697
>Batman is not supposed to kill
>Kills

Not a lot to understand really
>>
File: crazy fuck.jpg (57 KB, 401x291) Image search: [Google]
crazy fuck.jpg
57 KB, 401x291
>>67408815

Are you telling me that a guy that puts on a mask and cape to beat up poor people instead of just putting his billions of dollars towards preventing crime, is in fact a nut job?
>>
>>67408763
I think a better story would be a middle age bat trying to keep an insane Robin in check
>>
File: zeldacdi.jpg (46 KB, 231x337) Image search: [Google]
zeldacdi.jpg
46 KB, 231x337
>>67407102
>Even Adam West Batman made some drama about killing criminals while Batfleck just kill them mercilessly
>>
>>67408961
Its not that simple even when Bruce wants it to be. Not to mention often times the creators will try so hard to stick to that rule that it borders on ridiculous. In the new batman arkham game you can go 100mph full on at a guy but he won't die because the batmobile emits an electrical shock that "pushes" him out of the way.

Like what the fuck?
>>
>>67407005

Holy shit, that video is hilarious. I love how Bruce Wayne is watching all that shit on his computer and making those expressions when Batman says that stupid shit to Ra's or Adam West's butthurt for accidentally vaporizing a man.

Perfect.
>>
>>67407005
>"Wuuah wuuah, the other batmans did it so I should be able to do too :-((((( wuuuah"
-Zack Snyder, Time Magazine, actual quote
>>
>>67407073
You are even more retarded.
>>
File: kills.jpg (305 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
kills.jpg
305 KB, 1920x1080
>>67407005

Well, atleast Superman doesn't kill anyone.
>>
>>67407728
And a proper Batman would have saved him and threw his ass in jail.
>>
>>67409244
Is this real?
>>
>>67407671
I suddenly feel very sad we'll never get a good Superman movie again. Why is Captain America allowed to be pure & heroic but not him?
>>
>>67407671
The Long Halloween is still my favorite Batman story. TDKR is loads of fun though.
>>
>>67407005
Who cares? The movie is liquid shit regardless.
>>
>>67409919

All the Batman movies are shit.
>>
>>67407545
You don't get charged for murder in your scenario.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.