[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Me and my wife have been watching loads of star trek. She now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: GowronWTF.png (143 KB, 473x358) Image search: [Google]
GowronWTF.png
143 KB, 473x358
Me and my wife have been watching loads of star trek.
She now has a weird fascination with Klingons.
Just a moment ago she was looking for a Raktajino recipe.
Even as I am typing this she is talking about being a warrior and all that crap.

what do /tv/, have I fucked up?
>>
>>67400151
>Qapla'!
>>
just remind her, yIn DayajmeH 'oy' yISIQ

then punch her in the arm as hard as you can to reinforce it.
>>
>>67400151
your wife secretly wants the BBC now
>klingons = niggers in ST
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 528x544) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 528x544
"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."
>>
>be a kid
>watching star trek with my mom
>the DS9 episode comes up where gowron is supposed to be a changeling
>"ugh, galron isn't a changeling, hes just a moron!"

her funeral was hard
>>
I don't understand how the Klingons, who find an excuse to fight and kill each other at every opportunity and who look down on anyone not a warrior, managed to develop advanced technology.
>>
File: 1450945302219.gif (983 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
1450945302219.gif
983 KB, 500x364
>>67400151
You got a neat wife.
>>
File: 1411259133420.jpg (25 KB, 463x438) Image search: [Google]
1411259133420.jpg
25 KB, 463x438
>>67400151
i would say JACKPOT!!!!!
>>
>>67401730
Ferengi sold it to them

They've been using the same shit for centuries
>>
>mfw startrek brad
>>
>>67400151
>Raktajino
ds9 plebs
>>
>>67400791

This is what I am afraid of
>>
>>67400151
This can only lead to aggressive warrior sex

I'd say you hit the jackpot
>>
>>67401730
easy they kept looking for easier and better ways to kill each other. Historically wars do the most to advance technology
>>
>>67401730
The story goes in the lore that they weren't always so anti-intellectual and hyperaggressive, it's just that the warrior caste gained more prominence and power and their society went along with that.
>>
>>67400791
Klingons are a mishmash of feudal japan and Russia
>>
>>67403508
Klingons are more like feudal Japan and Persians who speak proto-Mongolian (with a Chinese accent).
>>
>>67401730

It's mentioned here and there that there are tons of Klingons who are shitty fighters but they never show up on the show because the warriors do all the fighting and diplomacy.
>>
>>67400151
You fucked up m8. Don't go on a business trip. She'll go to a Star Trek convention while you're away and get gangbanged by nerds dressed as Klingons.
>>
>>67400151
KLINGON'D
>>
>>67403747
It seems like they were trying to show the Klingon's "noble warrior muh honor" was all pretenses and no one really gave a fuck about it, it was just tradition to help settle disputes and shit, while Worf bought into it and actually believed in it.

It's the equivalent to someone from the 1890s reading all the dime novels about showdowns at high noon in the West, and traveling out there with his six guns slung low only to find it was pretty much the same out there, except with less people and more cow patties.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.