[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The history channel is actually showing history right now rather
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: mptpwebgww4mkjzyo2qd.jpg (400 KB, 2221x1215) Image search: [Google]
mptpwebgww4mkjzyo2qd.jpg
400 KB, 2221x1215
The history channel is actually showing history right now rather than some reality tv bullshit.

2 hours of a history channel special on the dark ages is on from 12-2 EST. turn it on and make the history channel great again
>>
>>67392325
I prefer Ice Road Truckers but thanks,
>>
File: 33219up.jpg (163 KB, 970x937) Image search: [Google]
33219up.jpg
163 KB, 970x937
>>67392354
>not liking the history/hitler channel the best
>>
>there will never be a documentary as good as John Romer's Byzantium quadrilogy
>>
If they're calling it the "dark ages", it's still not history.
>>
>>67392702
they just made fun of you faggots that are afraid to call it the dark ages
>>
>>67392702

I can accept the name if it only covers 500-700ish
>>
>>67392737
theyre doing between the fall of rome to 1000 it looks like so a bit more. tell me one thing that was invented between 450 and 1000 though
>>
>>67392804

Yeah I can accept that timespan. It gives the period a nice arc to finish it with the viking/magyar raids coming to an end and the Crusades and Reconquista about to kickstart.
>>
>>67392325
They're doing like A&E right now with deliberately NOT showing a lot of their shows while "encouraging" you to getting the app and paying for a subscription, which you see them promote in almost every commercial break.

And that only leaves a lot of documentaries to show.
>>
>>67393066
hey I'll take it
>>
>>67392430
How the great have fallen.
>>
>>67392804
Scholasticism faggot. There would be no scientific revolution without it.
>>
>>67394040
it wouldn't have been necessary if the romans continued to be in power. the world spent nearly 1000 years trying to rediscover roman knowledge
>>
>>67392723

>dark ages

what a dark time, architecture made leaps and bounds and moveable type was developed for the masses

It was truly horrible
>>
>>67394428
I thought it was called the dark ages because we had little info on that period
>>
>>67394428
it took over 500 years to learn how to make a dome again. aachen is the greatest dark age city and its literally just a copy of roman buildings.

the fucking tempietto was built until after 1400 and its supposed to be the first building to rival roman architcture. don't you fucking lie to me about architecture you pointed arch loving faggot
>>
>>67394685

>and to this day every home has a domed roof

-some anti-arch sodomite
>>
>>67394850
why did you try to quote me and not even quote me? are you fucking retarded?

name one architectural advancement that occured between 500-1000AD
>>
>>67395012

Water mills
>>
>>67395077
invented by the romans.
>>
>>67395077
>you

The Dark Ages were generally pretty shit for Western Europe in regards to intellectual advancement.

Now the Middle East on the otherhand...
>>
>>67393066
owned by the same jews
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.