[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disney To Boycott Georgia If Gov. Signs Legislation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20
File: 08LAZER-slide-RH8U-superJumbo.jpg (4 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
08LAZER-slide-RH8U-superJumbo.jpg
4 MB, 4608x3456
>Disney has made big movies like the upcoming Captain America: Civil War in Georgia, and with the state’s lucrative tax incentives likely has planned to make more – but maybe not now.
>"Disney and Marvel are inclusive companies, and although we have had great experiences filming in Georgia, we will plan to take our business elsewhere should any legislation allowing discriminatory practices be signed into state law,” said a Disney spokesman today over a bill that the Georgia legislature has passed
>As well as filing by the likes of Disney and AMC and many more in Georgia, Tyler Perry is opening his new studio complex at the former Fort McPherson Army Base in southwest Atlanta. The director-actor-producer has said when completed the complex will be “bigger than Warner Bros.”
http://deadline.com/2016/03/disney-boycott-georgia-anti-gay-discrimination-bill-captain-america-civil-war-1201724974/

It's official. Georgia will kill capeshit, the Walking Dead and Tyler Perry movies.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (44 KB, 758x530) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
44 KB, 758x530
>The White House is lit up to look like a fag pride flag in celebration of gay marriage passing in the Supreme Court
>Gays still feel like they're persecuted
I don't understand
>>
NC already signed so I guess they won't be coming here.
>>
File: 1434055283380.webm (2 MB, 360x640) Image search: [Google]
1434055283380.webm
2 MB, 360x640
>>67390939
if you don't actively suck cock you're a homophobe, goy
>>
Poor Walt he'd hate to see what is company has become.
>>
>>67390939
This is what happens when you're lenient with the mentally deranged.
>>
those poor picked on movie studios i hope they can survive after this.
>>
>a failing media conglomerate will reject tax breaks

Yeah, no.
>>
>AMC gets criticized over the internet because Walking Dead killed off a lesbian character
>The next day they announce consequences if Georgia passes alleged homophobic legislation
Hmm...
>>
What's the legislation they're trying to pass?
>>
>>67391410
well according to the article
>House Bill 757 would permit faith-based groups and organizations in the state to discriminate based on sexuality.
>>
>>67390866
>big business should stay out of government
>except when they're doing things I like
Liberals will defend this
>>
>>67391455
>House Bill 757 would permit faith-based groups and organizations in the state to discriminate based on sexuality.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
>>
>>67391455
>fags won't be allowed to get married in a church
waah waah
>>
Why does Hollywood hate democracy?
>>
>>67391505
the age of hatred by religious groups must end huehueheuhe.
>>
>>67390939
They are being persecuted in a number of states though. That's what this is about. Many of the Southern states are trying to be stubborn and pass legislation that creates disadvantages for homosexuals, in spite of recent Federal advancements.

Same shit is happening to women in the South with regards to abortion clinics being shut down and there being more hoops for women to jump through before they are allowed to have the procedure, despite abortion being completely protected by the Fed.
>>
>>67391168
They can just as easily move their productions to Canada.
>>
>>67391611
oh those poor women, unable to kill innocent children created solely due to their wantonness
>>
>>67391611
But Anon, abortion is literally murder. Killing sandpeople isn't though, support our troops.
>>
>>67390939
The majority was rendered a second class without a vote or voice in how government was ran due to leftist "interpretation" of the Constitution to claim it "implies" what the left want, thus over-ruling all acts of democracy

the correct course would have been to talk TO people instead of yelling at everyone and calling everyone bad for not being like you then trying for a second vote. But the elft had to get its way no matter the cost.

And the thing is it was a total trojan horse. It was more government consolidation of power to bring us closer to a Marxist state with SCOTUS basically ruling that the people have no vote on how government rules over us. It was a total trojan horse. Marxists ALWAYS define their grabbing more control to rule over the people and make the people less free as "freedom and equality."

It was like gamergate on a larger scale: there was a deeper underlying issue with what happened that undermined everything, but the left focused on a superficial reason to justify pushing that shit.

But faggots don't care because they won the gold medal at the victim olympics..............while they ignore the daily murder of gays in the rest of the world because it doesn't serve their social goals of fucking over and putting leashes on white Christians. That is literally all they cared about. Pissing people off with the new-found second-class status for the masses was something many a leftist got off to.

>>67390866
Disney also laid off just about everyone in their theme parks to replace them with cheaper H1-B immigrants while manufacturing those "Captain America" Action figures in China. Disney can go fuck itself.
>>
File: DrbHW.gif (2 MB, 320x260) Image search: [Google]
DrbHW.gif
2 MB, 320x260
>>67391656
>muslims
>people

kek
>>
>>67391410
The bill basically allows business owners and faith groups to deny services that go against their religion.
However I've heard the bill lengthens it to the hiring process too which I don't support.
>>
>>67391708
what the fuck?
>>
>>67391656
strawman.jpeg
>>
>>67391656
>killing foreign enemies
>killing domestic babies
Pretty significant difference there
>>
>>67391727
If a business intentionally doesn't want to hire the best people for the job because they're retarded then that's their prerogative
>>
why are companies allowed to involve themselves in politics?
>>
>>67391505
whats the big deal?
>>
>>67391755
I'm sure you can explain to me how Iraq was an enemy of the USA. Not to mention that these attacks also often cause colleterals, killing sandpeople babies.
>>
>>67391500
>we have to create and save jobs
>except when we can't discriminate
Republicans will defend this
>>
>>67391772
because companies run everything and politics are just an offshoot of it?
>>
>>67391639
1) Put aside your moral arguments about when life begins. The fact of the matter is that abortion is legal and should be available everywhere on that basis

2) You don't know what led to a pregnancy and you shouldn't assume. Nor should you chain women to a fate they may not have chosen when men aren't held to the same standard of accountability

3) Making abortion illegal doesn't do away with abortions any more than making drugs illegal solved that problem. It just goes underground, forces women to become criminals in order to receive a medical procedure, and lowers the medical standards and oversight of those who give out abortions. Just like the 18th failed to stop alcohol, it just pushed it underground, no legislation is going to stop abortions. You're already seeing that in some states.

4) I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you don't support the so-called Welfare State, which is funny. You want to protect the sanctity of life but couldn't give less of a fuck about improving conditions so that a baby, born to a poor single mother who made one mistake and got pregnant, has a fighting chance.
>>
>>67391579

Everyone hates democracy when it's not in their favour.
>>
>>67391505
I guarantee you they never read the bill they just saw the faux outrage online and then made their decision.
>>
>>67391731
muslims have a holiday where they stab themselves
>>
>>67391759
You have to think of their fee-fee's tho
>>
>>67391611
>>67391611
So don't live in the south. Wow that was so hard to solve.
>>
>>67391822
All I read from this was a string of dindu nuffins and gibs me dats.

The slatterns should be held accountable for their actions.
>>
>>67391858
Not everyone has that choice. Times are hard and moving is expensive.

Also, that's not how a Federalized govt. works. What is legal everywhere should be available to all.
>>
>>67391868
Oh, neat, /pol/speak instead of actual discussion and refutation.

Have a nice day losing the culture war, faggot.
>>
>>67391822
>Put aside your moral arguments about when life begins. The fact of the matter is that abortion is legal and should be available everywhere on that basis
Just because the fed says it's legal doesn't mean it's right
>2) You don't know what led to a pregnancy and you shouldn't assume. Nor should you chain women to a fate they may not have chosen when men aren't held to the same standard of accountability
I am fine when it's in the case of rape or incest, and I assume that the law agrees with me on this one.
But when it's because of simple stupidity, then both the man and the woman should pay the price
>3) Making abortion illegal doesn't do away with abortions any more than making drugs illegal solved that problem
It lowers the amount of abortions taking place significantly though.
>4) I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you don't support the so-called Welfare State, which is funny. You want to protect the sanctity of life but couldn't give less of a fuck about improving conditions so that a baby, born to a poor single mother who made one mistake and got pregnant, has a fighting chance.
wow, life isn't fair, what a startling discovery.
And if you allow the baby to be aborted, then you're already taking that fighting chance away from him
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 250x238) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 250x238
>>67391814
>employers shouldn't be able to choose who they employ
>>
>>67391911
>cuck thinks he's allowed to say faggot anymore

kek take your mansplaining somewhere else shithlord
>>
>>67391018
The fucking pedophile in the rainbow shirt who tries to grind with the five year old always gets me.
>>
>>67391838
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4q6eaLn2mY
As this documentary shows, self-flagellation has long been a part of Christian worship too. It's just that the Muslim world is a couple of hundred years behind.
>>
Abortion is black genocide, only the very most extreme racists support it.
>>
>>67391969
Then we should close the borders and wait a couple of centuries for them to catch up.
>>
>>67390866
>Georgia will kill capeshit, the Walking Dead and Tyler Perry movies.
You wish they'll just go back to Toronto
>>
>>67392034
Too bad it's not fast enough.
>>
Why are gay people so evil m8's?
>>
>>67391858
>just fucking move god FUCK YOU only I can care about politics... or maybe I don't care at all I'm angsty either way!
I've never seen a level headed person use the "JUST MOVE ASSHOLE" argument
>>
>>67392106
Because if you're not with them, then you're their enemy
>>
>>67391505
I know, it's crazy that something this obvious has to be turned into a bill. It should be common sense. Why are gays so entitled?
>>
>>67392110
Nope, its perfectly reasonable. I grew up in Alabama and hated it so I moved. Its pretty easy.
>>
>I want to get married to my butt buddy in a church!
>And not just any church, but a church which believes we should be stoned to death for butt-buddying!
>Yes, I know there are a probably a good number of places we could get married that are just as good or better!
>No, I won't take my business there like a sensible person!
>I want to stand with my lover and be bound for life by a man who hates my guts, is grumbling through the lines with noticeable disgust, and is probably praying that we both get AIDs!
>That's my fetish!
>>
>>67392110
If you're totally unhappy with the way a place is, why would you stay there?
>>
>>67392209
For real though, why do they insist on getting married in a place that actively disagrees with their lifestyle? Why would you do that to them or to yourself?
>>
>>67392106
They don't give a fuck. It's this sad stay at home moms and jews that push against it.
>>
>>67392130
Do you want to try my recipe for Thai coconut shrimp? It's really good.
>>
>>67392130
>>67392209
This is so weird. It's obviously motivated by hate and Christianphobia and nothing more. They just want to humiliate people that disagree with them.

Why would a gay couple go out of their way to force people, that they know disagree with them, to marry them? Even though they know they are doing it against their will and due to legal force?

It's just so twisted and disgusting. Pure evil right here. And of course, no one will go and try to force Muslims to marry them either, that would be racist.
>>
>>67392209
>>67392247
Does anyone actually want that? I've never heard anyone arguing that churches should be forced to allow weddings.
>>
>>67392034
Sean please
>>
>Every store in Georgia is now classified as a religious affiliation so that they can kick out gays as they see fit
EPIC
>>
They should force Muslims to marry them in a mosque ;^)))))))))))))
>>
>>67392293
That's what they claim they want. They literally want to force religious institutions to forsake all their beliefs and dogma to accommodate their views. Even though they obviously are not part of that religious institution or care about their beliefs. They just want to piss of Christians, and nothing more.
>>
Leaving the obvious agenda aside, isn't retarded for Disney from a financial point of view, to estrange big portions of the public, just for a vocal minority?
>>
i've never met a gay christian
why dont they just get married by a 7-11 clerk, it would make about as much a difference lmao
>>
File: L19sQYJ.jpg (684 KB, 2184x1706) Image search: [Google]
L19sQYJ.jpg
684 KB, 2184x1706
>>67392209
It probably is their fetish tb-h

they are into sick shit
>>
>>67392340
That's racist.
>>
>/tv/ pretends it's not full of faggots
>>
>>67392388
Jews like money and hacking away at the traditions of goyim in equal measure
>>
>>67391858
>i cant get hired! i cant get any money!
just move!!
>moving costs money
>>
Who the fuck even wants to get married? That shit is so 1950s.
>>
>>67392425
>wanting to be married
>ever
Top kek
>>
>>67392451
I flipped burgers until I had enough to move. Its easy.
>>
>>67392346
>That's what they claim they want. They literally want to force religious institutions to forsake all their beliefs
Do you have evidence of that? A gay rights group putting out a statement saying they want to force marriage in churches for instance?

In the UK (where gay marriage is legal) there's some efforts to allow it in Church of England churches, but that's something decided by the Anglican Church rather than by the government. If it did pass it would allow vicars to conduct marriages, but it certainly wouldn't force them to.
>>
File: 1439210388318.gif (12 KB, 281x258) Image search: [Google]
1439210388318.gif
12 KB, 281x258
>>67391922
>we cant allow abortions! we must protect the unborn child!
sir, we have a crack baby its mother has abandoned. kindergartners have lead in their drinking water. too many infants are going without proper nutrition
>hey not my problem.
>>
>>67392451
Employers for non shit tier jobs usually pay for relocation.
>>
>>67392491
>Its easy.
Not if you're a man wearing an ill-fitting dress. A lot harder to get work that way. Well, legal work anyway.
>>
>>67392509
nice strawman
>>
>>67392491
>what part of the "can't get hired" part of my post did you not see?
>>
>>67392509
>kindergartners have lead in their drinking water.

Democrat local government

> too many infants are going without proper nutrition

what does that have to do with abortion?
>>
>to provide that religious officials shall not be required to perform marriage ceremonies in violation of their legal right to free exercise of religion,”
See that's not the problem. That bill would get passed on its own without issue the issue is with the second half

>and allows faith-based organizations to not hire or provide services to those who “violate such faith-based organization’s sincerely held religious belief.
This is allowing people to legally discriminate in the workplace. That's the issue that's pissing people off.
>>
what a horrible thread goddamn.
>>
>>67392502
>A gay rights group putting out a statement saying they want to force marriage in churches for instance?
Of course not, they aren't that stupid. They argue that in comments and blogs, but no one is stupid enough to officially come out and say "we will destroy the Christian Church and force them marry gays." That isn't going to garner much sympathy.
>>
File: 53percentloaded.jpg (179 KB, 1280x707) Image search: [Google]
53percentloaded.jpg
179 KB, 1280x707
>>67392546
what you call a strawman i call hypocrisy.
>>
>>67392552
>what does that have to do with abortion?
If the fetus was brought to term and then killed, they could be fed to the other children. A fresh baby is rich in nutrients.
>>
This is just more of the homo stuffed media crying persecution again.

Deal already rejected the bill once, he'll do it again.

The bill initially was passed to ensure that churches can't be forced to marry gays if they don't want, which is completely acceptable. Go to the courthouse.
>>
>>67392548
I'm gay, I was hired. Its easy.
>>
>>67392548
Why would a gay person not get hired? All you have to do is not act like a stereotypical flamboyant faggot. You know, like 99% of the population, you don't actually have to yell at the guy interviewing you what your sexual orientation is and how much you love cock.
>>
>>67392586
Oh, right.
So you're angrily fighting against something that no one is actually trying to do. Except in your imagination.
>>
>>67392585
>a non capeshit, celebrity or youtube thread
>horrible

This is what's wrong with /tv/
>>
>>67392619
We literally had like 5 fags in the last thread like this outright declaring that Christian Churches should be forced to perform gay marriages.
>>
>>67392630
>disney tries to influence government
>libtards and bongs and trolls start going at it.
>>
>>67392286
>And of course, no one will go and try to force Muslims to marry them either, that would be racist
I want to see that bill just for shits and giggles.
>>
>>67392619
Except the bill that is being discussed in this very thread, of course. You must've missed what the thread is about before you started spouting retarded shit.
>>
File: metz.jpg (6 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
metz.jpg
6 KB, 150x150
>>67392619
>“Abolish the legal category. Even as we savor the victory for civil equality this week, we should start to push for disestablishing marriage. Freedom, equality and the health of our liberal democratic polity depend on it.

Tamara Metz

Oy vey
>>
>>67392677
>http://deadline.com/2016/03/disney-boycott-georgia-anti-gay-discrimination-bill-captain-america-civil-war-1201724974/

After the bill passes, I want this guy do the same thing with gay marriage. I'm sure the public will rally behind him in his efforts to force Muslims to marry gays.
>>
>>67391727
Havn't read this bill, but if it is like all of the others that have been written the person would have to be able to prove to a court that their religious freedoms were sufficiently restricted by being forced to hire the homosexual. In addition, if it becomes a problem the government always reserves the right to force the hiring anyways.
>>
>>67391939
>dumb frogposter AND an iCuck pleb

Well color me surprised!
>>
>>67392619
>it's a fag false flag misdirection post
Hello, faggot.
>>
>>67392686
That has nothing to do with forcing priests to perform marriage services.
If it had any impact on priests, it would be to make the ceremony they perform be a purely religious and ceremonial thing rather than having legal consequences. Which would maybe make religious people grumpy, but it's entirely different from forcing priests to marry a gay couple.
>>
>>67392600
>which is completely acceptable
no it isn't, the constitution prevents such laws. the first amendment is there to prevent certain religions to have superiority to other religions that includes atheism
>>
>>67392600
Yeah, and no one was forcing churches to marry gays if they didn't want to, nor was anyone ever going to.

What this bill would do is allow people to deny a couple an adoption solely for reasons of sexual orientation. That's not just denying gays service, but denying children an otherwise loving family and happy home.
>>
>>67392860
Who cares about what faggots want?
>>
>>67392783
>criminalizing traditional church marriage practices has nothing to do with destroying marriage

yeah ok
>>
>>67392860
>denying children a perverse, dysfunctional home
Where's the problem?
>>
>>67392685
>the bill that is being discussed in this very thread
But the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, guaranteeing freedom of religion, already enshrines clergy members’ right to decide which couples they’ll marry. There's no need to pass a bill that says the same thing again.
The bill is about letting anyone classify their shop or business as being similarly exempt for "religious reasons."
>>
>>67392860
considering the high rates of gay pedophilia you could make the argument that children should not be given to gays
>>
>>67392888
I didn't say it has nothing to do with destroying marriage.
Also, what? She's not seeking to criminalise traditional marriage. Learn to read.
>>
It's like when that one state recently passed a law stating that no laws with foreign origins will ever be established there because people are afraid of the Muslims establishing sharia law.
Completely pointless.
>>
>>67391611
>Many of the Southern states are trying to be stubborn and pass legislation that creates disadvantages for homosexuals
Are you talking about legislation like the bill in Georgia that Disney's boycotting?

Because those are just trying to protect freedom of religion and don't actually affect gay rights in any way.
>>
>>67392946
The ratio of gay to straight pedophiles is far less intense than the ratio of female to male pedophiles. Also a lot of men who abuse boys are "straight" in their day-to-day lives. By far the safest option would be to never allow a man to be involved in any adoption.
Only single mothers and lesbians should be allowed to care for children.
>>
File: 1402929522867.png (934 KB, 978x686) Image search: [Google]
1402929522867.png
934 KB, 978x686
>>67391868
>>
>>67391886
>moving is expensive

My plane ticket from NY to Phoenix was $250 or so, I forgot how much the duffel bag I shoved my clothes into cost
>>
>>67393030
>don't actually affect gay rights in any way
"You cannot eat in this restaurant because you're gay."
"You cannot have this job because you're gay."
Are you sure that's not impacting the rights of gay citizens?
>>
>>67392860
>but denying children an otherwise loving family and raping home.
>>
>>67392860
>Yeah, and no one was forcing churches to marry gays if they didn't want to, nor was anyone ever going to.
That's entirely false though.
>>
File: 1458404106187.jpg (183 KB, 1024x887) Image search: [Google]
1458404106187.jpg
183 KB, 1024x887
>>67393037
>>
>>67393097
Again, have any evidence of that?
This bill isn't needed to prevent forcing priests to perform marriage ceremonies. That's already covered by the first amendment.
>>
>>67393082
Why are gays so obsessed with declaring their orientation?

>A table for two please, oh and by the way, I love cocks
>>
>>67393082
The bill isn't saying that they're not allowed to eat in certain places or have certain jobs. The bill is saying that if marrying a gay couple would impede on your religious beliefs, then you don't have to do it.

Looks like you some reading to do.
>>
>>67393033
> far less intense than the ratio of female to male pedophiles
This is a pretty flawed statistic to begin with because there's a giant dark figure here because generally women get away with raping kids.

Contrary to popular belief, it's still rape if the 14 year old boy was horny.
>>
>>67391611
>that creates disadvantages for homosexuals
No, it makes it so that businesses like wedding cake bakers don't have to cater to gay weddings or else be sued. It gives them the right to refuse service, like they should have for ANY reason.
>>
>>67393143
In a small town word soon gets around about who's a homo.

>>67393149
>The bill is saying that if marrying a gay couple would impede on your religious beliefs, then you don't have to do it.
It says that AND allows far wider ranges of people than just pastors to decide they don't want to do things as part of their business based on their religious beliefs.
It didn't need to "protect pastors" in the first place, because they're already protected by the first amendment. It's like passing a bill that declares murder to be illegal.
>>
>muh Prop 8
>>
>>67391611

^ if you disagree with this person you can't sit there and tell yourself you're not retarded.

Georgia wants to make life harder for a group of people, that's literally what discrimination is, and recognizing that and refusing to condone it isn't bowing to some sort of agenda.
>>
>>67393178
>like they should have for ANY reason.
That's the crux of the issue.
Should a business owner have the right to throw someone out because they're black? Because they're gay? Because they're straight? The current law says no, Georgia (and you) wants to say yes.
>>
>>67393260
>It didn't need to "protect pastors" in the first place, because they're already protected by the first amendment. It's like passing a bill that declares murder to be illegal.

No.
>gay joins group like boy scouts, or some Alpha Course bullshit
>gets asked to leave
>kicks up such a huge fuss, calls ACLU
>group basically has to shut down altogether

This is what the bill is trying to stop from happening.
>>
>>67393073

Then what?
>>
>>67391018
holy shit when that rainbow shirt guy tries to get close and someone has to push him back
>>
>>67393304
>Should a business owner have the right to throw someone out because they're black?
Bullshit. Better example is if a cake shop doesn't want to make a cake celebrating Darnell for "10,000th baggie of crack sold", they shouldn't have to.
>>
File: cuck.png (45 KB, 335x620) Image search: [Google]
cuck.png
45 KB, 335x620
>>67393037
It's you again. The one that just spams comics instead of refuting arguments
>>
>>67390866
what are the specifics of these "discriminatory practices" I know the love to play lose with the words
>>67391500
regressive left is real
>>
>muh abortion is legal, get over it!
>fights tooth and nail against 2nd Amendment
>>
File: 1422537934126.jpg (141 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
1422537934126.jpg
141 KB, 803x688
>>67393126
>>
>>67393178
>no coloreds allowed at my counter!

that's you, circa 1960s
>>
>>67393367
That would be endorsing a crime, so rejecting the work would be legitimate.

How about a wedding cake where the figures on top are mixed race? Should they be allowed to refuse to make that?
>>
>>67393408
How is that remotely the same?
>>
>>67393304
Should a muslim butcher have to butcher a pig for you? Same moral issue behind this.
Muslims don't agree with eating pigs, so the butcher will most likely refuse service.
Christians don't agree with gay marriage, so they should have the right to refuse service if anything related to gay marriage comes up, like the aforementioned wedding cake scenario.
>>
>>67393423
They should be allowed to refuse literally anything. And there's literally no objective argument against me.
>>
>>67393338
I fail to see the problem with stopping groups being able to kick people out because they're homosex.
Should the boy scouts be allowed to kick out people based on race?
>>
>>67393468
If they're a private organization, yes.
>>
>>67393436
Like race, sexual orientation is natural and therefore a protected category under the Constitution.

If you refuse service to someone for being gay you're basically practicing the same segregation as pre-Civil Rights era Southern businesses.
>>
>>67391822
>when men aren't held to the same standard of accountability
>implying it would be right if both genders where in the shitter.
>>67391922
fuck you.
>And if you allow the baby to be aborted, then you're already taking that fighting chance away from him
like we need more kids. we take from the unwanted and give to the wanted, nothing wrong with that.
>It lowers the amount of abortions taking place significantly though.
you say it like thats a good thing.
>I am fine when it's i
its always fine.unwanted kids just become the societies problem, better off them if you are not going to parents correctly
>Just because the fed says it's legal doesn't mean it's right
unless fed is saying something you support
>>
question.

why don't people who get discriminated just go somewhere else?

why force someone that clearly doesn't want your money.
>>
>>67391858
>can't get a job because everyone hates gays
>can't get a loan because everyone hates gays
>just move!!
>oops
>>
>>67393464
I agree with you in principle, since they would go out of work but they could also just turn into a niche or fuck over visiting people. there are really so many locations and shops each town can support, people like stability and no one has time for your personal bullshit. having cash to pay should be the only requirement
>>
>>67393491
But Disney isn't private. Anyone can buy stock in Disney
>>
>>67393464
>>67393491
The world in which people are refused service or kicked out from groups based on their gender, race, or sexuality is a shit world.
That's the objective argument against it.

>>67393563
Because there may not be anywhere else that doesn't also discriminate. It also creates a society where classes of people are treated worse than others. Such an unequal society is unpleasant to live in and has a higher risk of social unrest.
>>
>>67392491

yeah man but how can i afford to pay my iphone, netflix, hulu, internet connection, 3-room apartment, drinks every thursday to saturday with my gay friends and chipotle everyday while flipping burgers?
>>
>>67393512
And if a muslim baker refuses service to some hicks who want to chop in to a Muhammad cake?
>>
>>67393565
I have walked out on every job I've ever had, my resume is full of lies and holes, and I still get new jobs all the time

What are people doing that they can't get employed anywhere?
>>
>>67393619
>Because there may not be anywhere else that doesn't also discriminate. It also creates a society where classes of people are treated worse than others. Such an unequal society is unpleasant to live in and has a higher risk of social unrest.

good point.

still I wouldn't buy from an asshole who denied me service.
>>
>>67393563
Leftists don't have much of a political platform besides a feeling of being oppressed. It's why they have to continue inventing new ways of feeling oppressed like micro-aggressions and systemic racism.
>>
>>67391727
I don't even understand why people would be against allowing people to express their religion in their own owned business. If someone doesn't want to bake a gay couples cake suddenly that's horrible, but if a Muslim doesn't want to serve pork at his restaurant that's perfectly fine.
>>
>>67393601
But then you get into the issue of the quality of work you'd get from forcing people who hate you to do something for you. Gays are bullies, so you know that someone would be sued for subpar service eventually, even if it was fine.

Maybe just don't have a cake since you're going against tradition anyway.
>>
>>67393640

some people are trying to honest?
>>
>>67393607
Disney isnt the BSA
>>
This thread is the most cancerous, predictable shit. You are all walking jokes.
>>
>>67393619
>anything that hurts my feelings is wrong, end of discussion
How do you feel about guns, freedom of religion, and the fourth amendment?
>>
>>67393637
Different once again. Obviously, he could refuse on the grounds that it offends his religious sensibilities by profaning his God. That's different than outright denying someone the service of a tasteful wedding cake simply because they are marrying someone of the same sex.

The problem here is that a small sub-section of the country (let's call a spade a spade and just say it's the Evangelical Christians) are trying to discriminate against a class of people simply for existing. You can pretend like it's something other than that, but they appear to not be satisfied with anything besides legislating homosexuals into a second-class citizenship. That's wrong. And more importantly, it's unconstitutional.
>>
>>67393367
>>67393464
Bullshit. Once you let people refuse things based on someone else's characteristics you're completely fucking the american way. What happens when there's some dude who happens to be gay but can't get any job in town because of it? What about if he was black, or hispanic? How is that promoting a free nation? You're giving people license to oppress others themselves and saying 'oops it's not us, we're fine.'
>>
>>67393704
And that's why they can't do anything but shit there and cry. You're not turning this into a career, you're taking a shitty job unloading trucks then you're blowing town once you have enough cash.
>>
>>67393819
Name the amendment it violates.
>>
See, I had kinda always thought individual business owners were always allowed to deny service to anyone, even blacks. They just don't because the backlash would loose them business.

Excluding corporations of course, cause they aren't people.
>>
>>67393819
>Obviously, he could refuse on the grounds that it offends his religious sensibilities by profaning his God.
That's exactly what it is in both cases though. Be consistent
>>
>>67393825
>Once you let people refuse things based on someone else's characteristics you're completely fucking the american way.
We are a country of people denying the right to vote to women and non-whites, you know. Putting subhumans in their place *is* the American way.
>>
>>67393825
>forcing people to perform services intensifies freedom
I jejd
>>
>>67393750
I just have to ask. When you post like that, what kind of reaction are you hoping for? Like what are you trying to accomplish?
>>
>>67393660
Except this is a real case where law is being drafted to oppress people.

I consider myself a Lefty when it comes to politics and we probably agree that shrill white girls with dyed hair crying about rape culture on college campus are full of shit. In this instance, however, a state government is trying to create a discriminatory law aimed at a select group of people.

It's important to point out that distinction.
>>
>>67390866
Would help if the Pro-Transexual people where not fucking child molesters like the president of the gay chamber of commerce in Charlotte.
>>
>>67393750
Thanks for adding to the conversation faggot
>>
>>67393870
This is an aspect of Americans I find genuinely disturbing. Instead of assessing the morality of a situation you look at what your Holy Scroll says.
Not the Anon you're replying to by the way.
>>
>>67393961
Good answer.
>>
>>67393741
Lel never mind thought we still talking about Disney
>>
>>67393961
The one he was replying to said it was unconstitutional which is why he asked
>>
>>67393961
Our nations laws are more important than someones feefees. Btw if you actually cared about morality you wouldnt be pro-gay.
>>
>>67391868
>>67391639
>dude has sex
>it's fine

>woman has sex
>a disgusting wench how dare she
>let this one moment completely destroy you by making you care for a burden that society doesn't need and you're not able to care for yet, dooming the both of you to a mediocre existence because a bunch of people were suuuuper uncomfortable letting you decide what to do with your vagina
>>
>>67393819
Can Muslims refuse to bake a cake for a gay couple?
>>
Anything that encourages fags to be responsible for themselves is alright with me. Uppity stupid bitches need to act like adults. Fuck Disney. Hope somehow this works out in AMCs favour.
>>
>>67394029
Maybe dont have sex unless you can handle the consequences?
>>
>>67393819
The question is where in the hell is a violation of a protected class. When did gays become a race, creed, national origin, faith, or other protected class under the law.
>>
>>67393750
>the entire board is covered in capeshit
>this is the 'most cancerous thread'

You're apart of the problem
>>
So let's say some of you in this thread, as Christians, walk into a deli and are refused service on account of not being Jewish or something. They say it offends their interpretation of their faith to serve non-believers. Whatever.

Ignoring whether that's a sound business decision on their part (when have Jews ever turned away ANY customer) should they have a right to kick you out for not being a Jew?
>>
>>67394026
Laws are feefees condensed and written down. They're just old and common feefees.
>>
>>67394109
Yes.
>>
>>67394029
You should write for jezebel
>>
>>67394090
That's just plain unreasonable
>>
>>67394137
Why?

And how is that different than hanging a sign that says, "No Coloreds" in the window?
>>
>>67394109
It's shitty, but ultimately yes and I'll just have to deal with the fact it's a Jew-only place.
>>
>>67394189
It's a religion, not a race. If they believe they can't serve goyim, who are we to force them?
>>
>>67392552
>democratic local government

Yeah, after the lead scandal broke and they elected new leaders to clean up the Republican mess.

The Flint water crisis is the Republican party platform in a nutshell.

-cutting government services because "muh big government"
>fucking over the environment and ignoring environmental issues
>screwing over poor and minorities
>>
>>67394109
Yes. I can eat at a different deli
>>
>>67394189
They dont want my business and I believe in their right to refuse it because freedom. If SJWs can whine about abortion even after its legal, they can have the freedom of choice not to sell me a sandwhich.
>>
>>67390866
Fucking hypocrisy "hurrr if you discrimnate against fags by passing this law we'll discirminate against your state by taking our business elsewhere"
>>
>>67394238
So you're for protecting against racial discrimination but you're alright with it when it's on the grounds of faith?
>>
>>67394238
In this situation "we" is the free society.
The same way we don't allow child sacrifice even if it's part of someone's religion. Religious freedom is not the only thing that needs consideration.
>>
>Your righs must be diminished for mine to grow.
This is what liberals actually believe.
>>
>>67394125
They are also the basis of any form civilization and culture. Of course they are sacred. We wouldn't be where we are without it.

Mercy over Justice only leads to destruction.
>>
>>67390866
I literally don't give a fuck. I wish they would just shut the fuck up about it
>>
>>67394315
>religion=race

what?
>>
>chuckle fucks redefine a term then scream discrimination.
>>
>>67394289
What if you can't?

What if all the delis in your town are owned by people who don't want to serve you because of who you are and what you believe?
>>
>>67394109
Sure, but it doesnt make sense from a business sense to refuse service. Fags and shitskins can get fucked though, i wouldnt serve them.
>>
So can Muslim bakers refuse to bake a cake for gays or not?
>>
>>67394373
Muslims are literally sacred to liberals. They can behead bongs and not get TV licenses.
>>
>>67394373
If laws mean a Christian baker cannot refuse service on the basis of sexuality, of course not Muslim bakers also cannot.
>>
>>67394344
I'm not equating the two, I'm asking if you're in favor of protecting against discrimination based on skin color but for the right to discriminate based on a person's spiritual beliefs?
>>
>>67394315
Neither.

I'm saying a business has the right to refuse service to people, regardless of whether or not that includes me. A gay bakery should also have every right to tell me to fuck off if I want them to make me a giant Fred Phelps cake
>>
>>67394373
Muslims don't bake
>>
>>67394360
I'll make my own sandwich or move somewhere I'm not despised
>>
>>67394090
>Condoms and other prophylactics are 100% fail free and should never be used.

Have you ever had sex with a person, anon? Did you wait until you were 30+ with a stable home and job to do this?
>>
>>67394443
>hurrrrrrr why should i be responsible for having safe sex durrrrrrrrrrr
>>
File: 1026333405[1].jpg (69 KB, 424x600) Image search: [Google]
1026333405[1].jpg
69 KB, 424x600
>>67394432
>Muslims don't bake
I see you're not a britbong.
>>
>>67390866
Fuck Disney.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/01/ex-disney-it-workers-sue-after-being-forced-to-train-their-own-h-1b-replacements/
>>
>>67394263
>Detroit
>Flint
>run by anything but Democrats in the last 60 years

kill yourself my man
>>
>>67394412
Race is physical, faith is conceptual.

You don't choose to be black or white,
You do choose to be Christian or Muslim.

The way you handle faith should be different from the way you handle race, how is this hard for you?

Religious folk shouldn't be forced to serve fags, just as muslims and jews shouldn't be forced to handle pork.
>>
>>67390866
Fuck those hypocrites.

Hollywood is full of pampered libtards and the studios only film where they get the biggest local and state tax discounts while preaching that the rich need to pay more for muh programs
>>
>>67394432
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgWIhYAtan4
>>
>>67391822
>born to a poor single mother who made one mistake and got pregnant

if you don't want to risk having a kid, don't have sex, actions have consequences

wow, that was hard!
>>
>>67394500
No im not inbred or a mudslime
>>
>>67394408
Fucking racist. Why do you hate Muslims?
>>
>>67394430
So then we're back to the point that a business in a mostly white area could put a sign in their window that says "No Coloreds" and refuse service to racial minorities living in their area.

By your logic that would be okay and, even if it would damn them to do so because they'd lose business, should be totally legal and protected practice.

Since, after all, they can decide for any reason not to serve whomever they choose.
>>
>>67394405
I'm a liberal, and Christians Muslims and Jews can all get fucked. Believing in the truth of ancient books of fairy tales so strongly that your life is ruled by them is the kind of thing you should have grown out of by the age of 7.
>>
>>67394675
*tips fedora*
Agreed, brother.
>>
>>67394543
Many people don't choose their faith, though.

And the difference between those examples in not handling pork doesn't strip the rights away from another group of people. Saying that you refuse to provide services to fags, solely on the grounds that they enjoy cock instead of pussy, does.
>>
>tfw all the cool shit filmed in my state will leave and the only other thing in my state newsworthy is how many niggers shot each other today
Thanks tumbler
>>
>>67394644
And you wouldn't hear a peep from me when they're boycotted out the ass and forced to shut down because they can't make ends meet.

Time to lay off the cake.
>>
File: 10151655309812374.jpg (23 KB, 500x361) Image search: [Google]
10151655309812374.jpg
23 KB, 500x361
I should be allowed to say where, when, and with who i conduct MY business with!

>Disney no longer operates in Georgia

They can't do that!
>>
>>67394713
Citizens cant strip rights away, idiot.
>>
>>67393408
>privately owned business aren't allowed to serve whomever they want for whatever reason

Why do you hate freedom?
>>
>>67394704
I'm kinda glad anons have ruined the word fedora with overuse. Now everyone can safely ignore any post that uses it.
>>
>>67394761
They can deny a person their rights.
For instance killing someone is denying them their right to life.
>>
>>67394493
>Person has sex with a condom
>It fails (as it does 2% of the time)
>Two people's lives are now expected to be ruined and all potential lost so they can care for a child that's going to grow up unwanted because abortion makes someone else that isn't those two people uncomfortable

>durrrr it's your fault try being more logical
>m-muh feels you can't just have an abortion i think it's WRONG
>>
>>67394793
>baneposting is dead
>baneposts get 100+ responses
>>
>>67394734
Except the history of Jim Crow shows that's not how that works.

If discrimination against a group is viewed by many within a community as acceptable then the minority group will continually receive unfair treatment and will be denied the same services as the dominant group.

>you can't play golf at the best course in the state because it's a white's only club.

Literally the case a half-century ago.
>>
>>67394799
Thats why the 2nd Amendment is a thing.
>>
>>67394911
>iscrimination against a group is viewed by many within a community as acceptable then the minority group will continually receive unfair treatment and will be denied the same services as the dominant group.

Is that why Muslims attack Europeans in their ghettos on sight?
>>
>>67394713
>Many people don't choose their faith, though.

They do though. This is America. Get fucked. You have a choice to engage with religion or not, even in countries like Iran.

>And the difference between those examples in not handling pork doesn't strip the rights away from another group of people.
I'm sorry? Fags have a right to wedding cakes from religious bakeries? Really?

Just like you wouldn't go to a kosher deli for pork, why would you go to a religious bakery for your cake as a fag?
>>
>>67394860
>this group of people believes abortion is literally murder, why do they keep on fighting this?
>>
>>67394765
Why do you endorse discrimination?

Your right to freedom ends when it infringes upon the equal rights of someone else, retard.
>>
>>67394982
>forcing people to work for you is freedom
Got it.
>>
>>67394958
>This group of people thinks something that isn't remotely based in scientific fact or common sense. Why shouldn't we be changing laws so everyone follows their belief?

Let's ban blood transfusions and organ donation too, anon. Some people think it's abhorrent, why shouldn't you think so too?
>>
>>67394911
So then it should be a-okay to force Jews and Muslims to handle pork. And force Muslims to make a cake depicting Mohammad, if that order should happen to pop up.
>>
>>67395054
Except you can opt out of those.
>>
>>67395097
Yeah. But other people can opt to get them.

The same way you can choose not to have an abortion.
>>
File: america.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2951) Image search: [Google]
america.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2951
>>67391018
Red Skull was right.
>>
>>67395054
Scientific facts aren't beliefs and science has nothing to say about morality.
>>
>>67391505
>>67391455
What's the problem? Homosex is against Christian faith.
>>
>>67392247
because it's Empowering™!
>>
>>67394860
>thinking youd fall into the 2%
>thinking this gives you the right to kill infants

If youre having sex out of wedlock youre a degenerate and deserve death
>>
>>67395080
Again, by not handling pork, no one is being denied a service from Muslims and Jews.

By not serving Gays, you're saying that they are not welcome, and thus equal, in certain places.
>>
>>67395166
>Scientific facts aren't beliefs
They get treated as such all the time, however.
>>
>>67395166
>>67395231
What the fuck are you talking about.

Over 90% of abortions are handled in the first few weeks via pills. This is before anything grows - there isn't a single synapse in the cells that make up a 'baby' at that point.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.