[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 10
File: 3387397333.jpg (282 KB, 1225x615) Image search: [Google]
3387397333.jpg
282 KB, 1225x615
Prometheus for me.
>>
Ep 7, and Pacific Rim are the only good ones..
>>
>>67388596
Haven't seen Pacific Rim, Star Wars or BvS. I'll go with Dark Knight Rises because I had no expectations of Prometheus or MoS while Godzilla and Age of Ultron gave me what I expected.
>>
Ultron and TFA. Both trailers were complete bait and switches.
>>
TFA
>>
I guess Prometheus but I didn't really hate it the first time I saw it but the more I watched it the more I realized that its just a convoluted alien rehash

Don't care that much about capeshit to get disappointed by it

Godzilla just bored the shit out of me more than any of those

I liked TFA despite it being a rehash
>>
>>67388596

I wasn't hyped for any of the capeshit because who cares. Prometheus I had no expectations. Pacific Rim I wanted giant robots punching giant monsters and it fully delivered. Godzilla is the only one that was disappointing but the third act made up for it mostly.
>>
>>67388596
I liked MoS, what was wrong with it?
>>
>>67388596
There are exactly four good, and four bad films in that image.
>>
How can you be disappointed in something you have no expectations for?
I've only seen Pacific Rim, TFA and TDKR. Pacific Rim was probably the most disappointing because people here were saying it was actually good but it really was just barely better than a Transformers flick. TDKR was a bit of a mess. TFA was alright.
>>
>>67388596
I'd personally go Godzilla on this one but I haven't seen BvS yet.
>>
>>67388596
wtf Pacific Rim was awesome you faggot
>>
>>67388596

They were all shit
>>
The Amazing Spiderman
>>
>>67388596
How is Pacific Rim a disappointment? It delivered on exactly what it promised. I would take that and TFA off the list.
>>
>>67388860
As someone who enjoys big robots and alien monsters and has no problem with long movies, Pacific Rim was hard to sit through.
>>
>>67388596
TDKR has problems, but it shouldn't be in there. It at least succeeded at being a solid closer to a trilogy. Movies like MOS was just complete trash on all fronts.
>>
>>67388596
Promethus is shite

but its still the best movie on the list.

>all others are tragic capeshit pray for nuclear holocaust within one minute tier.
>>
Prometheus > TFA > Pacific Rim > Godzilla >>>>>> Age of Ultron > TDKR >>>>> Man of Steel

haven't seen JUSTice yet
>>
File: prometheusengineerroom.jpg (716 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
prometheusengineerroom.jpg
716 KB, 2000x1000
>>67388596
Probably Godzilla as it is arguably the most unmemorable one listed. Granted, I haven't seen Ultron but I just never felt any desire to.
Anyone who answers with Prometheus or Pacific Rim definitely had too high of expectations for those movies. They are objectively the best of the bunch.
>>
>>67388596
TFA for me, but probably only because I havent seen BvS yet.
>>
>>67388596
I only saw 2 movies on here and I liked dark knight rises even after the guy shot up the theater. Age of ultron was ok but to much "I'm le quirky nerd girl" pandering and they ruaimed the series for me
>>
>>67388936
I would probably agree with this. Prometheus and The Force Awakens I had the highest expectations for and they really under-delivered.
>>
>>67388944
Prometheus and Pacific Rim both had half-baked plots and cringe-inducing dialogue.
>>
Prometheus was a major dissapoint but still watchable.

Godzilla was minor dissapointment and utter trash that's unwatchable.

The rest I am content with or have no interest in them.
>>
>>67388944
/thread
>>
>>67388596
The Force Awakens is the only good film on that list
>>
>>67388596
I wend into the force awakens with the lowest expectations of movies in this list and I came out from watching the worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life.
>>
TDKR had a lot of stupid plot moments but it is a fun meme movie
>>
>>67389097
How is that movie good? It's complete fucking trash
>>
>>67388596
I enjoyed all of those movies start to finis apart from Godzilla and Bvs
>>
>>67389099
What was your previous worst movie ever?
>>
>Great tier
The Force Awakens

>Good tier
n/a

>Okay tier
Pacific Rim
Prometheus
The Dark Knight Rises

>Poor tier
Age of Ultron
Godzilla

>Man of Steel tier
Man of Steel
>>
>>67389134
It's good by being competently directed, well-acted, and written by people who understand the basic fundamentals of storytelling.
>>
>>67389160
I don't think I even had one the space was vacant until the fart awakens came out
>>
>>67389099
>and I came out from watching the worst movie I have ever seen in my entire life.
Shut the fuck up
>>
File: Cherno.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Cherno.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>67388596
Pacific Rim fully met my expectations.
>>
>>67388596
Prometheus: 5/10
Pacific Rim: Haven't Seen
Batman v Superman: 3/10
Age of Ultron: 7/10
Man of Steel: 1/10
Godzilla: 6/10
The Force Awakens: 7/10
The Dark Knight Rises: 6/10
>>
>>67389213
That's actually funny, yo.
>>
>>67388596
Ghostbusters
>>
>>67389205
copying episodes 4-6 is not storytelling its being a hack. I hated all the characters even Hon Solo, which was a great character in the originals!
>>
Forgetting all the other films I just wanna throw out there that I honestly believe nobody can honestly like Age of Ultron.

Honestly.

You cannot love a film void of passion or any kind of spark. It was like watching two hours of the color gray.
>>
>>67389230
How did you even like that movie?? It was worse then episode 1
>>
>>67388596
Deadpool
>>
>>67389267
It doesn't copy Episodes 4-6, it copies Episode 4. As does Episode 1, which is about a young boy leaving a desert planet in order to train as Jedi before saving the day by blowing up a large structure and getting an award in a large ceremony at the end. The Star Wars story is cyclical.
>>
Pac Rim or Godzilla. I had really high hopes for Pacific Rim in the earlier days of production, but the closer I got to the release and the more I found out about it, the less excited I was. Even then, I watched it not expecting much but it was pure, undaulterated garbage. It had nothing go it - and the things that should have been good weren't (Idris Elba giving a career low performance, Ron Perlman taking things too far and straight into cringe territory, nonsensical plot, etc.)

I want to say Godzilla but I honestly cannot remember anything about it. The rest were at least enjoyable.
>>
File: 1456802144107.png (175 KB, 539x612) Image search: [Google]
1456802144107.png
175 KB, 539x612
Cirque Du Freak. Was hooked as a kid
>>
>>67389300
>he actually bought into the memes
You do realize that most of the "hate" is just the Star Wars version of bane-posting, right?
>>
>>67388596
Pacific Rim was bullshit, Star Wars I don't have context enough to care but I didn't like it.
>>
Honestly someone should just edit Pacific Rim. It's long enough to cut out all the shitty character stuff
>>
>>67388596
if you had any real hope for capeshit and monster movies then it's your own fault for being a faggot
>>
>>67389179

>Great tier
n/a

>Good tier
n/a

>Okay tier
n/a

>Poor tier
Age of Ultron
Godzilla 23
pacific rim job
alien 7
batman 7

>Man of Steel tier
Man of Steel

full blown cash-in rehash tier

star wars 7
>>
TDKR may not have reached the heights set by its predecessors but a dissapointment? Absolutely not.

Also the memes aren't even funny.
>>
By far TDKR. Barely watched any pre-release footage, so I was just assuming it would be great because TDK/BB were great, man was it just pure fucking trash.

Pac Rim / Godzilla were both disappointing, but not terribly so. I expected plenty of solid Kaiju action, and I got a bit of solid Kaiju action, it's just too bad there wasn't enough of it (Especially Godzilla) and the plots/characters of both films were weak as fuck.

TFA I assumed was going to be average at best, and it was pretty much just that, perhaps worse. MoS I had no expectations and it was still trash, but at least the Score was enjoyable.

The rest I still haven't seen, and I aim to keep it that way.
>>
>>67388936
>Prometheus > Pacific Rim
>>
>>67389479
Monster movies are cool.
>>
>>67389567
MoS score is great. I listen to it when I go running.
>>
>>67388596
I expected the most out of Prometheus (as in, actually expected it to be watchable), however it wasn't.

Godzilla was easily the worst, though. I went into it expecting nothing, and got one of the most horrid movies I'd ever watched.

As for the rest, I didn't expect much from any of them; Pacific Rim was pretty bad, but the action scenes were pretty cool. Star Wars was okay, and I expected nothing from Rises, and got pretty much that. Age of Ultron was awful, as expected.
>>
>>67388936
Holy shit that /v/edditpleb rlm taste 100% wrong
>>
>>67388596
Fuck you, Pacific Rim was great.
>>
>>67388596

TDKR
>>
>>67389758
the story and cast and both irredeemably bad
>>
I wasn't expecting a great movie. I expected stupid but fun summer blockbuster fun featuring Will Smith. All I got was disappointment and anger at his jungle bunny of a son.

How come he don't he want us, man?
>>
File: Stick to AZ.jpg (44 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Stick to AZ.jpg
44 KB, 1280x720
>>67389776
>>
>>67388596
I couldn't even finish Pacific Rim
>>
>>67388596
From the movies in your pic? The biggest disappointment for me was MoS. The trailer was so good, the movie was so meh.
>>
>>67388596
Out of all of those, Zilla 14. I wanted to like it so bad, but it kept doing everything in it's power to squash my hopes: Killing Cranston and Binoche within the first twenty minutes, cutting away from the first monster fight, focusing on the miltary guys yet not giving me enough backstory to care. The end fight was kind of cool but it wasn't enough.
>>
>>67388596
Probably Prometheus, with all the others I got pretty much exactly what I was expecting
>>
>>67388596
None of those were dissapointing for me, the bad ones I expected to be bad
>>
>>67389758
No, it wasn't. Dialogue was cringey, the two wacky scientist bit lead nowhere, all the interesting Jaegers went out like punks.

The fights were unsatisfying too. No circling. No sizing up your opponent. No good holds.
>>
>>67388596
>Prometheus
4/10

>Pacific Rim
3/10

>Avengers: Age of Ultron
5/10

>Man of Steel
5/10

>Godzilla
3/10

>Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens
4/10

>The Dark Knight Rises
1/10

For me, "Avengers: Age of Ultron" was the biggest disappointment, since it was clear that Joss Whedon's original vision and screenplay were heavily compromised by Marvel, unlike the great first part.

Haven't seen "Batman v. Superman" yet, but I like Zack Snyder, and hate the hack writers that wrote it.

Memes aside, "The Dark Knight Rises" is one of the worst movies ever made, with Chris Nolan being one of the most terrible directors in the world.
>>
>>67388596
Pacific Rim and Godzilla had small problems of pacing but they were pretty damn enjoyable

The rest is shit
>>
>>67388596
Same

>Pacific Rim: Wasn't exited for Kaiju shit
>BvS: Haven't seen it but knew it was going to be a clusterfuck
>Avengers II: It was OK, not great, not good, but OK
>MoS: Wasn't that excited for it, but yeah it sucked
>Godzilla: Kaiju shit
>Star Wars: I already lowered my expectations before seeing it. But I was pumped when I saw the first trailer
>DKR: It was OK, I actually enjoyed it in theaters, it wasn't until the 2nd viewing that it started to fall apart for me. And I still enjoyed the triquel as a whole.
>>
>>67389874
it was too good for ya?
>>
>>67390075
I didn't like the characters and I don't care about mech/monster shit

the azn bitch was a cute though
>>
MoS. I was hyped as fuck for a Supes movie after I watched the trailer. That shit even got me into the comics and made brought a fucking shirt (that is pretty confy at least). I can't tell how much disappointed I was at the cinema. At first, I was pretty in denial and I thought it wasn't too bad. It took me a few a days to digest it and understand how shitty that movie was. And the announcements following the movie didn't helped. Snyder would stay and helm the DCCU, the horrible casting and the pompous tone they gave for every news just made me hate this movie more.

I'm so glad BvS failed. Everything I've been saying for the last three years just concreted in the last few days and it is such a relief. It's like I just won a long court case that I've been arguing with for years and I ended up with everything I wanted. I'm legitimately happy.

And I couldn't care less for the rest of these movies. I was indifferent for Prometheus, Pacific Rim and the Godzilla remake and I ended up feeling nothing or kinda enjoying them in the end. Age of Ultron was everything I expected and I had a good time watching it. I don't like Star Wars from the beginning so I never went to see TFA. TDK is fine.
>>
>>67388596
tdkr for me. It has so many holes... I tried so hard to like the movie but every five minutes I couldnt avoid asking questions or being incredulous about things.
>>
>>67388805
Hello me
>>
>>67388596
>watch pacific rim with low expectations
>fucking robots vs aliens
>absolutely delivered
>get hyped for Godzilla
>kill off WW in the first 5 minutes
>love story
>Godzilla swims for an hour
>fights for 15 minutes
I wish I could punch this movie in the balls
>>
>>67388596
Age of Ultron and Godzilla sucked the other one were ok not really good or anything but atleast ok
>>
>>67388596
Seriously, DKEKS WHY IS AGE OF ULTRON ON HERE? It had great acting, an exciting plot and one of the strongest villains in comic book films. Fucking butthurt much?
>>
I DO HOPE YOU are all teens anons
liking capeshite when your are an adult is tragic as fuck.
>>
>>67391201
The DCuckuldry is palpaple on /tv/ and has been for a while
>>
Prometheus because it actively shit on Alien lore
>>
>>67391241
says the 14 year old. browsing anime sites when your an adult is kind of sad too if you think about it.
>>
toss up between godzilla and man of steel

i say godzilla because its so fucking boring
>>
>>67391275
Surely not Paul McWeeny
>>
Wait, Batman was in the Dank Meme Rises?
>>
Godzilla.

One of the most head scratchingly boring movies I've ever seen. Characters sucked, story sucked, action was non existent. A character based Godzilla movie would've been great if it had been handled right.
>>
>>67388596
TFA
Age of ultron is the worst movie on that list but I was never hyped for it
Prometheus, was never hyped for cuz alien died for me the moment it crossed over with predator
Haven't seen BvS Yet

I enjoyed the rest
>>
>>67388596
I don't get all of the Godzilla hate, it's one of the better movies on that list although I think I'm in the minority that thought the Jawesque teasing was a plus point.

Prometheus was the most disappointing for me, I had genuine hopes that Scott returning to sci-fi would rekindle some magic in him but even with Lindelof lowering my expectations it was absolute dross, despite its gorgeous production design.
>>
>prometheus
Great, people had warped expectations
>pacific rim
Garbage, special effects the only redeeming feature. Felt like something out of the 80s
>BvS
Haven't seen it
>avengers
Great, if only a little too tame. But it's for kids so...
>MoS
Underrated but trying a little to hard.
>godzilla
Warped expectations, underrated. The MC was terrible and hamfisted, but the story and supporting character barring Olsen were fine
>TFA
Great movie...the first time I watched it years ago. Safe and generic, feels like a cheap uninspired star wars. Kyle Ren bb8 and Finn are the only things the feel genuine and redeeming
>TDKR
Feels like a cheap rushed version of the first two movies. Bane was mostly well done, but the story and effects were shit, seems like less effort and polish went into it overall. Bale and ~hardy carried the movie, catwoman was pretty shit.

Biggest disappointment goes to either star wars or batman. I'd be disappointed at star wars unequivocally if I didn't already expect it to be watered down.
>>
>>67391275
I invented anime back when you were still a twich in your black step dads nut-sack and i was in nam.
>>
>>67389259
THE PEOPLE'S ELBOW
>>
Prometheus and Ep7 were the only two I was interested in, I guess Ep7 was the biggest disappointment, but I can't really judge it until the sequels for each are out.
>>
>>67388596
>Prometheus
-Mediocre
>PR
-based as fuck, one of the most comfy movies there is
>BVS
-absolute shit, biggest disappointment in my life
>AOU
-extreme shit, one of the worst movies ever made
>MOS
-underrated
>Godzilla
-has some good parts, little better than mediocre
>EP 7
-overrated piece of shit
>TDKR
-mediocre
>>
>>67388596
>current year
>having expectations for movies

That said, I figured Godzilla would at least have lots of ebin kaiju action for the plebs, which it turned out to be quite lacking in. So it was more worse-than-expected than any of the others.
>>
man of steel, pacific rim and godzilla

didn't bother with avengers 2

liked star wars, tdkr prometheus
>>
>>67388596
Prometheus was good, only retards didn't like it
Pacific Rim was good, the music still gets me hyped
BvS, don't know, gonna see it tonight
Age of ultron was kinda shitty, glad it happened though so whedon could get kicked out
Man of Steel was great, only retards who think comic movies should be "fun" hated it
Godzilla was ok, it could have been better
Star Wars was better than expected, felt like a solid restart
TDKR could have been better, you could clearly tell nolan just wanted to get finished with batman

TDKR probably the biggest disappointment tbqh
>>
>>67389402
>most of the "hate" is just the Star Wars version of baneposting
not really
>>
>>67389260
marvel shill spotted
>>
>>67392661
>marvel shill spotted
Of my top 10 capeshit, 3 are Marvel. Of those, only one is from the MCU, and from before Disney took over. I'm not shilling, and I don't hate DC - I love it. Snyder is fucking terrible, that's all. And I like Whedon. Sue me.

1. 1978 Superman
2. 2012 Dredd
3. 2004 The Incredibles
4. 1989 Batman
5. 2008 Iron Man
6. 2005 Batman Begins
7. 2002 Spider-Man
8. 1993 Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
9. 1994 The Shadow
10. 2003 X2
>>
File: Prometheusposterfixed.jpg (17 KB, 220x326) Image search: [Google]
Prometheusposterfixed.jpg
17 KB, 220x326
>>67388596
Definitely Prometheus, I really believed it going to be good. R rated space horror by Alien director? And trailers were literally perfect.
>tfw you will never strangle Damon Lindelof with your bare hands
I'm not into Kaiju, Man of Steel and Batman v Superman were predictably awful, Avengers and Star Wars were ok but mediocre exactly as I expected. Marvel use one formula (if it ain't broke, don't fix it) and TFA has the same shortcoming as JJs Star Trek (pointless pandering, lack of originality, plotholes), my expectations weren't too high.
>>
>>67388596
BvS, Prometheus was amazing compared to that steaming pile
>>
>>67388596
TDKR
At the time I still held TDK in very high regard and was disappointed by the sequel. These days I still think TDK is better but I don't think the gap between them is that big.
>>
>>67388596
Prometheus, Dark Knight Rises, Star Wars 7 and Godzilla don't belong there because they were genuinely good movies. Pacific Rim doesn't belong there either because I don't remember it being hyped up to the same amount as all the others, and that's because it's an original brand rather than a remake/sequel/prequel/reboot/adaptation/etc.

Man of Steel was incredibly disappointing though.
>>
Age of Ultron. Such a bore.
>>
>>67389936
>>Man of Steel
>5/10

>>Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens
>4/10

Give your head a shake there, family man.TFA is far, far better as a film overall and as a part of its respective series than Man of Murder.
>>
AoU and Godzilla were the most disappointing for me because I was actually looking forward to seeing them.

AoU:

>Quips Quips Quips

Godzila:

>Kills off the only actor in the movie worth watching
>Hardly any Godzilla

Probably the best movie on that list is pacific rim. It was a silly movie with giant robots vs monsters. It wasnt trying to be serious, it wasnt trying to be something that it isnt, and it wasnt trying to be successful by being part of a recognized brand. It was just a decent movie to watch which is way more than can be said about anything else on that list.
>>
>tfw I actually broke up with my gf at the time for crying during AoU

That was disappointing desu.

NINE YEAR OLDS, AM I RITE? LOL!
>>
File: 1458434382777.jpg (175 KB, 905x737) Image search: [Google]
1458434382777.jpg
175 KB, 905x737
>>67388596
Pacific Rim is an eva rip off but I knew that going in so my expectations weren't high.

TDKR wasn't that bad for capeshit. The last battle had some retarded shit but whatever

Ep 7 was fine. Clearly a rehash of 1 but infinitely better than the prequels. Everyone freaking out about the pacing needs to go watch 4 and 5 again. Especially 5.

Godzilla kinda sucked but Im not a huge fan so not too disappointed

Man of Steel was fine for capeshit

Prometheus is a good movie and follows golden age of sci fi themes really well. Just not what people expected in an alien film

Haven't seen bats vs dupes yet

Probably going with Age of Ultron. Not the biggest capeshit fan so my expectations were low but Age of Ultron straight sucked. Not even watchable-on-a-plane tier, which is all I need from a capeshit flick
>>
>>67388763
>watching trailers of stuff you're going to go see anyway

that's your own fault anon
>>
>>67388763
>>67388791

TFA was better than I expected. I thought the ape was going to be a jedi. Instead, he gets whipped in the back like the dog he is at the end of the movie.
>>
>>67389402
Subtle trolling at it's finest. A lot of people thought it was a soulless rehash with uninspired music, terrible casting, and horrific world building/alien design.
>>
File: never again ridley, never again.jpg (711 KB, 1004x1208) Image search: [Google]
never again ridley, never again.jpg
711 KB, 1004x1208
>>67388596
Same. In hindsight I'm grateful to it though: It taught me to never buy into hype anymore, as it was well-reviewed early on, then...once it was over I wanted to go on a blood-soaked rampage. Most infuriating sack of shit that stung me for a long time after.
>>
>>67388596
Only Godzilla
I loved the others
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.