[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just saw BvS Here's how to fix it to an 8/10 (for capeshit)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
Just saw BvS

Here's how to fix it to an 8/10 (for capeshit) basically only with editing by omission and its really not hard at all

Anytime Superman dodges or is thrown into something reduce the resultant explosion by about 10 times because its just unnecessary and doesnt fit the otherwise neat cinematography

Still have Lex be a weird cunt but ease into it and write him subtler. Honestly Eisenberg was fine but if need be recast though have him serve primarily the same role despite maintaining a distance from everything

Pepper in more batman (not bruce wayne) to break up the interesting but poorly paced setup

Make the climax the Supes v Bats fight (aka the fucking selling point) instead of rushing through two acts in the space of one and extend the fight.

Essentially ditch the justice league shit with the knightmare sequences (maybe keeping the one where he dreams of the batmonster)

Keep Wonder Woman as Diana but cut her scenes in costume. Doomsday is superfluous to the movie and is only there so she can suit up too. So cut her down to just a woman of mystery (keeping the WW1 photo for intrigue) and you can get rid of the doomsday fight (which was okay but wouldve made sense in Justice League, not this).

Don't have Lex be direct right at the forefront and have him use a proxy (which was already there with the KGB guy for batman to later trace AFTER the fight)
>>
part 2

Have the climax be Batman deciding to trust Superman, contacting Diana and realising that Lex is actually the shithead responsible but Lex has disappeared off the map.

Rather than in the build up to the scene everyone was waiting for, implement the surveillance footage of the other JL members with Bruce watching them not Diana and realising how out of his depths he is (as opposed to facebook chatting wonderwoman).

End on Lex entering the ship and tampering with Zod's body, with that line about the Krypton Council being dead and the regenerator kicking on being the ending

There you go, perfectly serviceable capeshit that wouldve done much better critically.
>>
>>67387470

No, you fucking cunt. You fucking capeshit cunts should fucking hang yourselves from a steel beam with a kevlar rope, jesus h. clusterfuck I fucking hate capeshit and the mancunts who read comic books because they're autistic as all fuck, this world needs thirty goddamn nukes thrown at it by a fucking nuke-throwing satellite of some kind
>>
>>67387481
i dont care either way about capeshit

its just interesting to see how easy a script revision and an edit couldve saved this from the hammering it's getting
>>
>>67387470
What about BAT OF MURDER?

Does he kill as many people as suggested? Does he really blow up all them suckas while in his plane?
>>
>>67387516
Yeah he does

It's moreso that he just cares less about collateral damage now because everything he's done seems meaningless after superman
>>
>>67387556
I don't mind collateral damage

but BAT OF MURDER

How hard is it for Snyder to not fuck DC characters up?
>>
dont forget to recast ZuckerLex and Ausschwitz Woman
>>
>>67387580
apparently very

it's less so the characters and moreso the overabundance of them

the tone would have been totally fine if his particular brand of cgi didnt always make the climaxes looks like entirely different movies

they should drop him or at least bring on a second person to direct with some restraint and their marketing shouldve been just bats and supes which is plenty anyway
>>
>>67387470
those aren't spoilers why did you spoiler them
>>
>>67387626
they somewhat refer to spoilers and i just hedged my bets
>>
>>67387640
well youre a faggot. youre also wrong.
>otherwise neat cinematography
no.
>>
>>67387590
i didnt mind Gal Gadot though to be fair i really couldn't care less about Wonder Woman either way
>>
>>67387652
All the practical stuff had a nice aesthetic and Larry Fong got some legitimately nice shots in there

It's when it dips into giant blooming explosions or generic ashy debris with peppers of fire that it looks like garbage
>>
>>67387681
>>67387652
bear in mind i say "neat cinematography" with the caveat that it's "neat" for capeshit which is otherwise pretty bland and uninteresting
>>
>>67387590
>implying the piss scene wasnt the definitive kinographical depiction of vindictive wrath from a layered and poignant depiction of man's hubris
>>
>>67387481
Jeez, sperg, I can clearly see Superman raped you and your parents in a childhood.
>>
>>67387881
it's pasta familam
>>
>>67387893
shut the fuck up
>>
>>67387935
come at me cunt
>>
>>67387580
Go to bed Monkey
>>
does supes actually die?
>>
>>67388412
doomsday stabs him after superman stabs him with a kryptonite spear. they have a funeral but dirt rustles on his coffin then it cuts to credits
>>
>>67387881

No, you fucking cunt. You fucking capeshit cunts should fucking hang yourselves from a steel beam with a kevlar rope, jesus h. clusterfuck I fucking hate capeshit and the mancunts who read comic books because they're autistic as all fuck, this world needs thirty goddamn nukes thrown at it by a fucking nuke-throwing satellite of some kind
>>
>>67388602
wew
>>
>>67388602
>>
>>67388412
kinda
>>
>>67388602
this is what six months of "10/10 dawn of capekino" has wrought
>>
>>67389804
fuck off bro its at least çinematique
>>
>actually spoiling this shit

you're a faggot
>>
>>67391114
isnt the point of the spoiler rule to use spoilers when discussing the events in recent releases
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.