[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, who hyped for the end of capeshit and the start of vidyashit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: header_586x192.jpg (61 KB, 586x192) Image search: [Google]
header_586x192.jpg
61 KB, 586x192
So, who hyped for the end of capeshit and the start of vidyashit?

Rapture set Bioshock movie when ???
>>
Bioshock II intro is the perfect metaphor for the pain men face from divorce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWpSjD1QIlw
>>
>>67383348
>Rapture set Bioshock movie when ???
They tried, they didn't know what the fuck they were doing, and the movie was stuck in pre-production hell until production was finally cancelled.
>>
>>67383459
>pre-production hell

Nearly every single vidyashit is the same spot. If Warcraft and Assassin's Creed fail then it's the death of vidyashit.
>>
Bioshock Infinite is the patrician's choice.

Man loses his baby when she's kidnapped by himself from a parallel dimension, goes to rescue her, kills himself from the parallel dimension with help from his stolen daughter, then is held underwater and strangled by multiple versions of his daughter from other dimensions.

POETRY
O
E
T
R
Y
>>
If they made a Bioshock movie, I'd probably like Infinite the most. It'd also have probably the most story revisions so that it wasn't completely fucking retarded. Plasmids would either be completely cut out or retooled so that there was one big one as the mcguffin that drove the entire story. They didn't even make sense in BI's setting except as a way to shoehorn in callbacks to Rapture. They were giving the power to literally control machinery and people for free at a carnival.

I think Rapture as a setting has been thoroughly plumbed for its stories. And the stories in those games were satisfying.
>>
>>67383348
>BioShock twist is based on the interactivity and expected norms of the medium
>BioShock 2 has protagonist who can't talk
>BioShock Infinite is already a movie
No thanks.
>>
>>67383348
>Rapture set

nah, if they make a movie now, they will go with Columbia
The narrative is closer to the current sjw matters and they will make Idris Elba to play booker and Elziaeth will wear a burka or something
>>
>>67383587
>>67383619

>/v/eddit hates Infinite
>/tv/ loves it

woah...
>>
File: Elizabeth.jpg (218 KB, 500x389) Image search: [Google]
Elizabeth.jpg
218 KB, 500x389
Cast the daughterfu
>>
>>67383453
2 was better than 1 honestly ;_;
>>
>>67383709
>/tv/ loves it

Let's not get ahead ourselves here. I said I'd like to see a movie about Infinite than 1 or 2. 1 and 2 were satisfying for gameplay alone where Infinite fucking sucked. 1's story was built on subverting the idea of objective-driven gameplay. 2 had a satisfying story built on the back of 1's story.

Infinite wanted to be a movie and sacrificed all of its gameplay for stronger characters, but then fucking drove its story off a cliff because it was stuck up its own ass. I would love to see the central ideas and characters in Infinite handled in a competent way in a competent movie.
>>
>>67383587
>>67383709
Infinite was a terrible mess, fuck off
>>
Srs bro, if vidyashit boutta come it starts with God of War, that shit wont have o pretend that its anything other than mindless action
>>
>>67383964

Indeed it was. Levine is a hack.
>>
>>67383895

Maybe that chick who was in Dredd, if they can get her the right makeup and hairstyle.
>>
>>67383895
D A D D A R I O
>>
>>67384588
>God of War

wait, is that even officially anounced?
i can see it happening with all the R rated hype now around Deadpool

also
>if vidyashit boutta come
its already happening lad

>warcraft
>ass creed
>the last of us
>witcher
>mass effect
>uncarted
>even fucking minecraft and fife nights at fred or whatever this game name was

all coming in the next few years
>>
File: wiedzmin.png (3 MB, 1225x975) Image search: [Google]
wiedzmin.png
3 MB, 1225x975
>>67384814
>witcher
not vidyashit it's literally being based on two of the short stories and then there are plans to adapt the rest of the books
>>
>>67383895
Zooey
>>
>>67383587
i agree with this

>>67384502
found the /v/irgin hiding from dark souls 3 spoilers on /tv/
>>
>>67385261
>dark souls
Even more terrible game. Boss Fights: The Series
>>
>>67384814
None of these will be good
>>
>>67385745
i can see ass creed and uncharted being decent adventure movies

withcer is great source, but the director doest give me much hope
>>
>>67383348
Not hyped for any -shit.
>>
>>67384998
The Witcher was better as loosely connected short stories.

The transformation into EPIC FANTASY NOVELS sucked.
>>
>>67386090
Novels in the saga were a hit or miss. The last two were rushed. Overall I liked the series and would give it a 4/5. The author was at his best when deconstructing fairytales he also created some pretty good and complex characters. So props.
>>
>>67383348
cape..shit?? Is that what you call superhero movies on this forum?
>>
>>67386042
At least the director of the Witcher film is a massive fan of the source material. Maybe that is a glimmer of hope.
>>
>>67386407
Maybe but it will be his first full length film. Don't know about you but that's got me worried.
>>
>>67383964
This. 2 had the less interesting villain in that babbling commie bitch who had no redeeming qualities, but the story kept the momentum going through the whole game instead of falling off a cliff halfway through like in 1. Also, much better gameplay.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.