[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't believe there are people on this board so insecure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Elusive-director-Terrence-008.jpg (22 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Elusive-director-Terrence-008.jpg
22 KB, 460x276
I can't believe there are people on this board so insecure to have their own opinion that they pretend to like this hack's little narrated nat geo stock footage. Name me one more hack of a director, protip you absolutely can't
>>
>>67383345
A dude is the one, the only !!! You, Sir anon gotta learn to watch & enjoy cinema.
>>
>>67383719
proves that people who like malick can't even put a coherent sentence together. you have to be an animal, drifting through life, experiencing and not thinking, not caring, not having the ability to get bored.
>>
LIGHTS CAMERA GRASS
>>
DUDE THINGS LMAO
>>
>What Malick's disciples praise as his ambition and sincerity increasingly registers as feigned naivete, an untoward belief that his fervent romanticism can renew such exhausted tropes as a van Gogh field of sunflowers, a Milton tree of life, a Gauguin South Sea paradise. The unfortunate effect of To the Wonder is to cast a retrospective pall over the director's work, to underscore the tendency in his earlier films to banal symbolism, manufactured rapture, and middlebrow aestheticism.
>>
>>67384272
who wrote this?
>>
File: james_quandtjpg.jpg (67 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
james_quandtjpg.jpg
67 KB, 300x400
>>67384336
>>
>>67384398
cis white male
>>
Badlands is a 10/10 flick
>>
>just because i can't connect with something means it is irrelevant to the rest of the world
>>
>>67385281
Do your research before posting.
>>
>>67385426
his first and his best
>>
hou hsiao hsien is the biggest hack in the world imo. he's not even a hack, he's just untalented.
>>
>>67385426
the only flick that has a plot tbqh and that's why it's tolerable altho the music's annoying as shit
>>
>>67385474
His only good movie fampai baka
>>
>>67385807
Days of Heaven has a plot
>>
Tarantino is the biggest hack in cinema. No creativity in his films. At least this guy has his own thing, you either like it or don't.
>>
>>67388442
imma make feature length films about my benis. 120 minutes of my benis being all nude and shit
this gon make me ebin diregdor cancer god
>>
>>67385807
"i only watch films that have a linear plot, i like to be spoonfed and not having to think too much." "Gosh, that inception movie...it's so complex and hard fto follow.I had to watch twice"

gtfo you fuckin' pleb and leave cinema to the people who actually enjoy cinema.
>>
>>67388506
just 120 minutes? cinematon has a lenght of 195 hours dude. You're thinking too small
>>
>>67388527
>inironically classifying inception as anything but plebshit
this comment is cancer.
>>
>>67388587
see, but to do that i'd have to actually want to make that film, or be confident enough in a masterplan (that would make me an actual hack) that'll get me a following just for being different
so I'm saying, either malick likes his own shit which would make him insane and irrelevant, or is a con artist
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.