[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we just talk about this scene from The Deer Hunter?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: russian-roulette-the-deer-hunter.jpg (510 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
russian-roulette-the-deer-hunter.jpg
510 KB, 1920x1080
Can we just talk about this scene from The Deer Hunter?
>>
>>67382288
Okay. What did you want to talk about specifically?
>>
>>67382319
That Ho Chi Minh pic. He's looking good.
>>
>>67382288
Why did he have to do it over and over again

And why did he pull it after he smiled?

And I find the demonization of Vietnamese in this scene disturbing.
>>
That scene was melodramatic soap opera garbáge
Cimino was a hack and the movie aged like shit
Thank God he was kicked out of the industry after his next movie
>>
>>67383029
You must be a girl..

or an annoying 5 yr old who wont shut the fuck up
>>
>>67383100
>the movie aged like shit
its been a while since I watched it but I remember the climax shot and the blood effects being really crappy, even for its time
>>
>>67383200
you must be an age 15-25 white male who thinks that any sort of criticism with regard to racial and/or gender politics is just whiny women and sjws
>>
>>67384162
But Anon in this case he's right.
>>
>>67384192
2nded
>>
>>67384162
>gender politics

cherry picking western trivialities when the problem in muslim culture is the real burden

you are weak
>>
Will women ever understand this movie?
>>
File: HoChi-Minh-BW.jpg (736 KB, 2380x3632) Image search: [Google]
HoChi-Minh-BW.jpg
736 KB, 2380x3632
>>67382442
He was a sexy motherfucker, that's for sure.
>>
File: 1451019539360.jpg (161 KB, 398x362) Image search: [Google]
1451019539360.jpg
161 KB, 398x362
>During some of the Russian Roulette scenes, a live round was put into the gun to heighten the actors' tension. This was Robert De Niro's suggestion. It was checked, however, to make sure the bullet was not in the chamber before the trigger was pulled.
>>
>>67382288
OH MAN I SURE LOVED THAT SCENE IN CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS, MAN GOOD TIMES, 420 BLAZE IT RITE?? xddd
>>
Is the deer hunter all about this one scene? Does the rest of the movie hold up?
>>
>>67383659
>film is packed with generation's greatest actors
>meh, the blood looked fake

jesus christ up a tree
>>
>>67384751
young de niro was such a tryhard goon
>>
TIDDYMAO TIDDYMAO
>>
File: image_1.jpg (59 KB, 640x286) Image search: [Google]
image_1.jpg
59 KB, 640x286
>>67382288
BOW WOW I CAN NEVER GO HOME AGAIN
>>
>>67384843
it's okay but overrated. it has massive time skips jumping past things that would normally be treated as important, and doesn't feel like it's going that deep into any of the characters.

it's also hilarious that a movie with an ostensibly anti-violent message has a scene where Robert DeNiro runs around toasting VC with a flame thrower. I've seen Heaven's Gate and it's very much the kind of non-sequiteur Cimono went in for.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FpWGVKlhPI
>>
ugh there's like so much to unpack here
>>
>>67383029
He needed to make sure the next chamber definitely had a bullet.
>>
>>67384843
well if it does if you like spending an hour watching kikes get married
>>
File: michaelcimino.jpg (43 KB, 500x175) Image search: [Google]
michaelcimino.jpg
43 KB, 500x175
>>67383100
>Thank God he was kicked out of the industry after his next movie

Good thing he disguised himself as an Asian cowboy so nobody would recognize him.
>>
Great movie if you're not too autistic to feel empathy and understand body language.

Shame Cimino is a one hit wonder.
>>
so, was this a common thing with POWs or is this just a thing the director came up with?
>>
>>67385315
Movie was originally going to be about back-alley Russian roulette in Vegas, but they somehow decided to rewrite it into a character exploration about the effects of Vietnam and PTSD. It never actually happened to anyone in real life.

Weird choice, but it fucking worked.
>>
Great scene, but overall, the movie's direction seemed lost. The wedding scene lasted for way too long for no reason.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.