[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck is Netflix making money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1457700317103.jpg (15 KB, 227x255) Image search: [Google]
1457700317103.jpg
15 KB, 227x255
I hadn't used Netflix in years (old family account) until tonight, away from my external and wanting to watch something comfy and familiar because I couldn't sleep, but jesus fucking christ in a sidecar I can't find anything except documentaries and C-list movies.

>WALL-E
Nope.
>Any other Pixar movies
Nope
>Dredd
Nope.
>Terminator
Nope.
>Robocop
Nope.
>True Detective
Nope.
>Monty Python et al.
Nope.
>Fawlty Towers
Nope.
>Kung-Pow
Nope.
>Hero
Nope.
>Chungking Express
Nope.
>Simpsons
Nope.
>Brazil
Nope.
>They Live
Nope.
>Falling Down
Nope.
>Network
Nope.

I thought the whole idea behind Netflix streaming in the first place was being able to watch pretty much anything you wanted any time you wanted. What the fuck happened?

Although when I stop to think about it, it starts looking a lot like the history of satellite TV.
>>
Cause reasons
>>
>>67382287
Netflix isn't about watching the movie you want to watch, it's about finding and watching the best of what's already on Netflix.

Watch Full Metal Jacket or Kill Bill, shit I dunno.

Find a list of the good stuff that's already on Netflix and watch that.

Don't think of a movie and see if it's on Netflix because you'll be disappointed.

As for money, Daredevil, House of Card, Jessica Jones are really damn popular and most normies don't know what piracy is.
>>
>>67382812
>Netflix isn't about watching the movie you want to watch, it's about finding and watching the best of what's already on Netflix.

But I thought their whole gimmick when they started up was to try to have pretty much everything and years ago I seem to recall that being more-or-less the case. Have other streaming services really taken such a huge bite out of their library?
>>
>>67383355
Now that Netflix has emerged as a threat to traditional media release, everyone hardballs them.

It was easier when people considered it a niche service
>>
>>67383355
Every content provider is creating their own streaming service. Streaming services will eventually evolve to cable channels. You want to watch housewives, you go to Bravo. Alaska, Discovery channel. Sports, ESPN.

The only reason to keep subscribing to Netflix is for their content and whatever else they have available. Piracy is the way to go.
>>
>>67383470
So why, with such a lousy library, are they still making so much fucking money? Do people just pay for the mild convenience of being able to watch Korean movies and 90s TV shows?
>>
>>67383541
It has Friends, How I Met Your Mother, Arrow, Flash, Daredevil, Weeds, Orange is the new Black, 30 Rock, It's always sunny, Parks and Rec, The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad.

These are shows people care about.
>>
>>67383538
>Every content provider is creating their own streaming service. Streaming services will eventually evolve to cable channels. You want to watch housewives, you go to Bravo. Alaska, Discovery channel. Sports, ESPN.

But at that point why even bother with Netflix?

>>67383663
>These are shows people care about.
That's pretty horrifying to think about.
>>
>>67383789
because of Netflix's original content.
>>
>>67383789
>he doesn't #Netflix&Chillâ„¢
>>
>>67383829
So basically just an on-demand TV network instead of an on-demand media library. Blech.

>>67384022
I never even understood what that shit meant.
>>
>>67384080
It's a stupid normie tier facebook meme
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2988x5312) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2988x5312
>>67384080
piracy is much more unknown than you think.

to many people Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime are the only way to stream TV shows off the internet.

Netflix and Chill means "come over and watch Netflix then eventually have sex"
>>
>>67384154
I didn't realize it was that bad.
>>
>>67383541
It's cheap, cheaper than cable, $9.99 and more flexible. You can watch it on a mobile device, practically anywhere.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.