[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This dude was perfect as Superman Why did they replace this dude
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: Superman-Returns-Brandon-Routh1.jpg (152 KB, 658x370) Image search: [Google]
Superman-Returns-Brandon-Routh1.jpg
152 KB, 658x370
This dude was perfect as Superman

Why did they replace this dude
>>
too boyish

fucking singer
>>
>>67379429
too twinkish
>>
>>67379429
What are you talking about

I agree with >>67379469 he looks like a fucking twink, probably sucked singer's dick for it
>>
perfect Superman, an even better Clark Kent, and Superman Returns was goofy but it seems a whole lot better in retrospect
>>
>>67379429
too american
>>
>>67379429
singer is an ephebophile
>>
File: image.jpg (966 KB, 1400x2800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
966 KB, 1400x2800
>>67379469
>>67379475
>>67379499

>Youthful male beauty is a bad thing

Plebs get out
>>
>>67379429
They thought a receding hairline would make Superman more relatable.
>>
>>67379551
bryan pls
>>
>>67379429

No, you fucking cunt. You fucking capeshit cunts should fucking hang yourselves from a steel beam with a kevlar rope, jesus h. clusterfuck I fucking hate capeshit and the mancunts who read comic books because they're autistic as all fuck, this world needs thirty goddamn nukes thrown at it by a fucking nuke-throwing satellite of some kind
>>
>>67379429
this guys career went to absolute shit. I watched a hallmark channel christmas movie and he was in it as a cat loving fireman
>>
File: hair.png (27 KB, 165x115) Image search: [Google]
hair.png
27 KB, 165x115
>>67379688
Nice dubs.

Imagine being Routh: replaced as Superman on the big screen just as hero movies are taking off, and having to take a role in a shit budget DC t.v. show to gain attention. All the while Bryan Singer, director of the Superman film you bombed in and the owner of the wiener you sucked, continues to create successful superhero movies while once again, you don't get shit.
>>
He can't act for shit. I'm not saying comic book shit is Shakespeare, but you at least need a little charisma.

I also don't think he nails the looks. Cavill, minus his hilarious meme hairline, pulls the look off.
>>
>>67379940
Routh wasn't the reason superman returns was bad though

SInger ruined it because he had no vision whatsoever and the plot went nowhere.

>Lex has another goofy land scheme

Wow great idea 10/10 plot
>>
>>67379986

WRONG.JPG

No but the guy can act. He was awesome in Scott Pilgrim and hes great in legends of tomorrow.
>>
>>67380047
Yeah, his whole idea was "Remember the Donner film? Yeah, me too." and that was it. Oh and Baby Superman for soap opera reasons.
>>
you once were a ve-gan

but now you will be gone
>>
None of the guys that have played Superman have been bad. They've just been saddled with shitting writing/direction.

Even Welling was serviceable at absolute worst.
>>
They need to do away with all this 1950s looking shit with Supes, and bring back the longhair one from the comics.

Since everything comes in a trilogy now, you can do

>No backstory 1st movie, intro to doomsday at end 15mins
>2nd movie Superman ded, 4 imposter supermen into'd
>3rd movie he comes back, etc
>>
>>67380256
Doomsday is shit, it's time to move on
>>
>>67380140

the major problem is that superman is a boring as fuck character
>>
>>67380293
Is the general consensus that Doomsday has always been shit or do people just feel like it's overplayed at this point? Whenever I read it back in middle school it made a huge impression on me but I've always been very casual about reading comics/etc.
>>
>>67379429

he's not good enough for movies

he's about good enough for cw teen dramas which is why he's on one now and he's fine there
>>
>>67380330
This

He's the most powerful superhero who is powered by a sun. The only way to kill him is by destroying the sun or getting some alien artifact. He has no dynamic.
>>
>>67380097
He was literately cast because he looked so much like Reeve
no other reason
acting ability and marketability not even considered
just because he looked like him
>>
>>67380368
I can't speak for everyone but it's just the total uselessness that envelops the character. He was created solely as an event to "kill" Superman which he utterly failed at even though he was touted as the be-all and end-all of super beings appropriately named Doomsday or inappropriately, really, as he went on to be everyone's bitch after this event. And then these niggers had the gall to bust out Bane on the Batman not even a year after this shit. At least Bane has some lasting power, nobody likes Dooomsday.
>>
>>67380557
this is such a stupid opinion. there are other kinds of conflicts besides physical ones, and more importantly this is fiction. there are countless ways to present Superman with physical challenges no matter how strong he is.
>>
>>67380811
And most that they use for Superman are not interesting
>>
File: 1358608355979.jpg (579 KB, 1102x1442) Image search: [Google]
1358608355979.jpg
579 KB, 1102x1442
>>67380958
Put down the shitty movies and read a comic some time.

Or hell, just about any Superman television adaptation. The Fleischer theatrical shorts and nineties cartoon are fucking aces.
>>
>>67379429
Perfect Superboy.
Also the studio realized you cannot bank on old folks (donner fans) while ignoring the male demographic (teens/men).
>>
>>67379429
Too expensive to digitaly shrink his bulge all the time.
Dude's packing.
>>
Perfect teaser/trailer general?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CuJ08nwJpA
>>
>>67381750
Singer of all people should have known this
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.