[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Ser Jaime Lannister was the twin to Queen Cersei; tall and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: jaym.jpg (278 KB, 1638x1092) Image search: [Google]
jaym.jpg
278 KB, 1638x1092
>Ser Jaime Lannister was the twin to Queen Cersei; tall and golden, with flashing green eyes and a smile that cut like a knife. He wore crimson silk, high black boots, and a black satin cloak. On the breast of his tunic, the lion of his House was embroidered in gold thread, roaring its defiance. they called him the Lion of Lannister to his face and whispered "Kingslayer" behind his back. Jon found it hard to look away from him. "This is what a king should look like", he thought to himself as he passed.
>>
>And so they fought. Rand slid from one form to another, always graceful, always balanced, as swift on the parry as on the attack. Jaime let him lead, the better to get the measure of him. Widow's Wail caught and turned most of his attacks, and those that slipped through glanced harmlessly off his plate. Rand's strokes grew ever more ornate and elaborate, complex combinations of cuts and thrusts and feints, designed to make a foe open himself up for a killing stroke. Swordplay was a dance with him, and every step had its own name. Tyrion had warned him of that. The Boar Rushes Down the Mountain. The Arc of the Moon. The Courtier Taps His Fan. The Dove Takes Flight. Chips of gilding flew from Jaime's armor, and chunks of mane from his helm.

>And then the Lightning Struck the Oak. That one almost did for him. An intricate blend of attack and parry, somehow it allowed Rand to slide a leg behind his own. If Jaime had tried to backpedal, he would have ended on the ground.

>Instead he shoved forward, slamming his full weight into Rand, their blades still locked together. He was the bigger man, taller, stronger, and his armor made him much heavier. It was Rand who went down. Jaime kicked her sword from his hand, then pinned his wrist to the ground with his heel. "I call that one, 'the Lion Knocks the Dragon on his Tail,'" he said as he laid the point of Widow's Wail against the apple of Rand's throat. "Now yield, Dragon. Unless you care to be reborn again, and do the whole thing over."
>>
>>67379292

wtf is that from?
>>
>>67379561
GRRM
http://grrm.livejournal.com/147038.html
>>
So he's pretty well cast
>>
>>67379598
>http://grrm.livejournal.com/147038.html
>This is what he does instead of writing TWOW
Granted I have a paper due in 12 hours that I haven't started but I'm only letting myself down with that, not millions of people.
>>
Wasn't he in the new James Bond movie, he called killed by that fucking whatshisname gorilla, Triple H or something.
>>
>>67379632
Fuck you, I want to see Jaime vs. Iron Man next
D&D can handle TWOW content
>>
>>67379292
I honestly don's see how Jaime is so hyped by GRRM. He is without a doubt one of the best fighters that Westeros has ever seen but the man claimed he could beat Aragorn in a 1v1. Jaime is too realistic to compete with the majority of fantasy characters.
>>
>>67379733
Jamie's got a semi-magical endgame role. I'm certain of it.
>>
File: geralt_of_rivia.jpg (138 KB, 777x1028) Image search: [Google]
geralt_of_rivia.jpg
138 KB, 777x1028
>>67379805
Yeah but unless he gets a mega speed boost and a overhaul to his strength or some magical powers it wont help. Just compare him to pic related who is on the lower tier of fantasy characters himself and would loose against a lot of fantasy characters in other series. Jaime is just too realistic and will need a major buff to compete with the majority of other characters from other series.
>>
>>67379292
>He was the bigger man, taller, stronger
Rand is like 6'6", is Jaime really taller than that?
>>
>>67380128
No considering Breinne was taller then him and she is 6'5"- 6'6". Jaime is like 6'2"-6'3". That being said he was still ridiculous strong before he got captured and there was only a few fighters who were stronger than him in Westeros but it didn't matter as Jaime was to damn fast and skilled for everyone else. He is a legit top 5 GOAT in the ASOIAF universe but I am like 99.9% sure Rand would wreck him.
>>
>Jon found it hard to look away from him.

Jon's gay confirmed
>>
>>67380228
In post-Targaryan rule the only fighter than could beat him was Barry stan salami. Hes easily top 5 fighter ever in ASOIAF History.
>>
>>67379598
I wish GRRM had written the final Wheel of Time books instead of that milquetoast Mormon guy. He seems like a superfan and he can actually write.
>>
>>67380302
Even in the Targaryan rule the only fighters who would for sure beat him was Dayne.

Him and prime Bobby B would also be a really good fight. Same with Blackfrye and the Dragonkight but I would give them the edge due to their swords.

Best fighters that we have info on are
1.Dayne
2-3. Dragonkight, Blackfrye,
4.Selmy
5. Prime Bobby and Jaime
>>
>>67380425
See i dont get the Prime Bobby being top. Bobby B was strong, but lacked any tactical thinking. Similer to Gregor.

The fact he got wounded by a jobber like Rhaegar makes me think he was maybe just above average. Rhaegar was good, but not great.

Top 5 goes
1) Dayne
2) Aemon
3) Dunk
4) Selmy
5) Jaime

9/10) Bobby B
>>
>>67380484
Dunk, but no Blackfrye in the top 5? Bobby is way smarter then Gregor but yeah I don't know if he would be in the top 5. 6-8 feels right.
>>
>>67380559
Could just be my bias hate towards blackfyres, but Who do we know that Daemon defeats other than Corbray? Did I miss someone?
>>
>>67380484
>dunk
>top 5
>>
File: gatsby asoiaf.jpg (392 KB, 998x1254) Image search: [Google]
gatsby asoiaf.jpg
392 KB, 998x1254
>>67380332
>he can actually write.
Wew lad

GRRM cannot write to save his life
>>
>>67379292
FINISH TWOW YOU FAT FUCK REEEE
>>
File: 1430940969962.png (113 KB, 618x348) Image search: [Google]
1430940969962.png
113 KB, 618x348
>>67381743
Stay mad Blackfyre fucking shit
>>
>>67381939
>remembering all the maeky maek posts
Holy shit I miss /got/.
>>
>>67381743
Everyone says sir Duncan the tall was one of the best fighters in westeros. He's literally a better fighting version of the mountain (minus one foot)
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.