[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Midnight Rider director Randall Miller freed from jail a year early
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: train_highres.jpg (776 KB, 1836x1124) Image search: [Google]
train_highres.jpg
776 KB, 1836x1124
>Midnight Rider director Randall Miller has been released from a Georgia jail after serving just over half of his two-year sentence for his involvement in the 2014 death of crew member Sarah Jones.
>Miller pleaded guilty last year to involuntary manslaughter and criminal trespass after Jones, 27, was fatally struck by a train during filming of the Gregg Allman biopic.
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/23/midnight-rider-randall-miller-freed-jail

First Landis now this, how does Hollywood keep getting away with it?
>>
>>67379067
wew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgL39l6KrdQ
>>
File: 1432119174465.png (49 KB, 398x409) Image search: [Google]
1432119174465.png
49 KB, 398x409
>>67379175
ripip
>>
But he didn't get away with it. He was found guilty of criminal negligence, did time and will now serve parole. Plus his career is forever ruined
>>
>>67379175
Leave the fucking bed holy fuck. Was it really important?
>>
File: Fuck Yeah America.jpg (35 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
Fuck Yeah America.jpg
35 KB, 650x488
>>67379415
>lets a young woman with a flourishing career die
>goes to jail for a mere 2 and a half years

'Murica.
>>
>>67379603
He didn't kill her himself, she followed his lead and put herself in a dangerous situation. Half the blame needs to be on her, especially once you've seen that clip. Anybody with a brain wouldn't stand on a train bridge like that
>>
But was the hospital bed ok?
>>
>>67379564
Funfact: it's the bed that knocked her into the train track.
>>
why was this fuck allowed to film on tracks with a train coming.
>>
>>67379776
They weren't. They were trespassing
>>
>>67379415
>Plus his career is forever ruined
John Landis still went on to make SNL movies and act in Spiderman.
>>
>>67379564
Maybe she thought it would cause a derailment?
>>
>>67379603
>goes to jail for a mere 2 and a half years

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_Rider_(film)

"Miller was remanded to custody immediately following the plea hearing to begin serving his sentence in the Wayne County jail. He was released in March 2016 after serving one year of his term."
>>
What about the Allman Brothers immediately makes you want to put a man in a hospital bed on train tracks?
>>
>>67379067
If William Butthurt wasn't acting so penisy this tragedy could've been prevented
>>
>>67379603
>implying she wasn't also responsible for her own actions
He didn't have a gun to her head. Hell, if she was at all bothered by the way he was shooting this film, she could have left and reported his illegal way of filming to the police.
>>
But did they get the shot???
>>
>>67379067
>Miller received a sentence of ten years, of which he was expected to serve two years in jail followed by probation (during which he will be precluded from working as a director or assistant director or other capacity involving employee safety) as well as a fine and community service obligation. Miller was remanded to custody immediately following the plea hearing to begin serving his sentence in the Wayne County jail. He was released in March 2016 after serving one year of his term.

he won't work in any position of authority for a long time, hopefully blacklisted out of the industry
>>
>>67382648

This guy gets it
>>
>Before Gilliard knew it, the train was upon her. She found herself clinging to one of the girders. But the blast of pressure and wind from the train’s passing ripped Gilliard’s left arm away from her body and straight into the train. It snapped like a stick. With one hand still on the girder, Gilliard looked down and saw bone sticking out of her sweater. And then she saw blood. She grabbed a sheet that had come loose from the mattress and wrapped her bleeding arm inside it. With the train howling past just inches behind her, Gilliard threw herself onto two metal wires that stretched between the girders and along the gangplank, thrust her head out over the river below and shut her eyes. “I saw my life, my kids, my family, all of it before me,” she says. “I was sure I was going to die.”

good god
>>
>>67382467
Are you retarded? They were all assured that filming on the trestle was safe and that they had permission.
>>
>>67380099
Are you stupid
>>
File: 1438304792776.jpg (39 KB, 427x449) Image search: [Google]
1438304792776.jpg
39 KB, 427x449
>>67379067
They should have trained her better
>>
>>67383209
that's a pretty horrifying account of that situation
whatever writer wrote that did an excellent job with how they placed their words
>>
>Day one of the shoot

WOW what a fuck up. What was day 2? The bed in a volcano?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.