[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck was Black Sky? Why did Stick want to keep Elektra
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
What the fuck was Black Sky?
Why did Stick want to keep Elektra alive when she was a kid then decide she needed to be killed later?
Who the fuck was the Blacksmith?
Who the fuck was the army guy that seemed to love Frank and how the fuck did a mutual friend somehow explain that he was bad?
Why did Elektra choose to join the Hand then change her mind eleven seconds later?
What was all the blood for?
What was so special about the people giving said blood?
Why did Frank have a CD with Micro written on it hidden away in his house? Was it just in case his family was murdered and he needed a sidekick to help his hypothetical war on crime?
Where did that random shack in the forest come from and why did it just so happen to contain a bunch of guns?
Why didn't anything in this fucking terrible season make any fucking sense??
>>
did you watch it at 1.5x speed
>>
So is it confirmed the Colonel was blacksmith or is it conjecture??
>>
>>67371838
I think it was confirmed when Karen sees the picture of the blonde guy who was blown up at the ship. The Colonel says that guy works for me even after the war,but not Frank or something like that.
>>
>>67371210
Stick around for season 3 and interconnecting Marvel shows to find out.

>Tying everything hastily up in shaggy little bows
What do you think they are, DC?
>>
File: image.gif (407 KB, 200x120) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
407 KB, 200x120
>>67371781
>>
>>67371210
yeah there was too many "find out next time" stuff shoved into the last two episodes

DD s1 was so good because it had a coherent storyline flowing throughout from beginning to end.
>>
>>67371210
Some kind of prophecy, generally unexplained. Messiah resurrected devil leader of The Hand most likely. Will be explained in S3 obviously.

Because he couldn't control her anymore.

The colonel was the Blacksmith. Good cover, loyal henchmen, middleast connections.

The mutual friend didn't explain shit but Karen's hunches got paranoidal to the point where she assumed she might know something. And then the colonel pulled a gun. They kinda rushed this one.

Because she has a vagina.

Go to point one.

Probably nothing. Or - go see point one.

It was behind the army photo, so most likely some kind of military connection. Mostly foreshadowing for imminent The Punisher tv series.

That one was poorly handled as well, but I assumed they were inside Colonel's estate still(he did seem to be familiar with the inside of it). Why was it full of guns... well, military guys like to keep their armories stacked? Again, poorly handled. Last arc of Frank was just badly handled.

So to summarize: you're bitching about them leaving cliffhangers and foreshadowing in a tv series made by Marvel. Even though cliffhangers, aftercredits, foreshadowing and easter eggs are bread n butter of both modern tv and especially MCU. You do have a point about Blacksmith plotline being rushed and somewhat underdeveloped. Better now?
>>
Felt like half the season was just setting up next season. Maybe they'll explain all this shit in Defenders.
>>
>>67372313
>season 3 and interconnecting Marvel shows

Shit this is what makes comics so fucking tedious and now the shows are doing it too
>>
>>67371210
>The punisher
>manlet
Show dropped tbqfh
>>
>Punisher Arc and later scenes
This is great
>Elektra and mystical ninja arc
Terrible

I would have dropped the show when it had the scene of 10 year old Elektra beating up three grown men if it weren't for the hope of additional Punisher scenes
>>
>>67373037
Jesus Christ, this. It was painful waiting through all those bullshit Elektra scenes waiting for more Punisher. Why did they dilute all that with ninja horseshit?
>>
>>67371210

The punisher stuff made up for it. God damn they finally got the punisher right
>>
>>67373014

He's 5'10 and so am I. Hardly a manlet honestly.
>>
>>67372803
Maybe
>>
>>67373317
War Zone had a good punisher surrounded by goofy shit. Stevenson did a good job depicting though.
>>
>>67373373
That's almost as small as Warwick Davis you insecure troll.
>>
>>67373459

lol
>>
>>67372803
>some kind of prophecy or something maybe, unexplained
>kinda rushed this one
>some kind of prophecy or something maybe, unexplained
>probably nothing or some kind of prophecy or something maybe, unexplained
>most likely some kind of connection
>poorly handled as well
>again, poorly handled

>you're bitching

Ok.
>>
Can someone explain the Blacksmith.

If the reason he targeted Frank was because Frank wouldn't join him then shouldn't Frank have known who the Blackmith was?
>>
>>67373901
The Punisher probably has a lot of criminals who don't think of him very highly
>>
>>67373901
Blacksmith was setting up a drug deal, the deal went south and they started shooting. Frank's family happened to be there and the Blacksmith happened to be Frank's old commander.

Comic books.
>>
I think a lot of it is meant to be built apon later, just chill
>>
>>67373602
Christ, I hate people who literally just want to fight. Its clear that anon is offering an explanation to your questions based on the information presented in the show and your response is to try and fight over it like he is personally the writer and will change it based on your criticisms.
>>
>>67372230
he's involved, or might be the leader, in the carousel sting. but he can still just be an important henchman of the real blacksmith
>>
I thought the ninja/hand stuff was relevant thematically but they did a poor job actually plotting it. It was still fun, not as bad as many people say. The real downside of this season was fucking Karen. Also next season needs more catholic themes. Maybe the Born Again arc ? Anyway it was a still a stellar season in my opinion.
>>
>>67374037
>post about how show makes little sense
>"explanation" post is mostly made up of "maybe," "unexplained," "rushed," "most likely," and "poorly handled."
>point this out

>"you just want to fight"

Ok.
>>
The Hand stuff is setting up Iron Fist
>>
The only thing I thought at the end was "can New York stop sucking it's own dick"
>>
>>67371210

You're retarded and so are half the people in this thread.

>What the fuck was Black Sky?

A person with a power the Hand is searching for that may just be a myth. Dangerous because even if it's bullshit, the Hand might be moralized by thinking they have it and start causing hell.

>Why did Stick want to keep Elektra alive when she was a kid then decide she needed to be killed later?

She had just cut ties with him and he didn't want to risk her joining the Hand

>Who the fuck was the Blacksmith?

The army officer, obviously.

>Who the fuck was the army guy that seemed to love Frank and how the fuck did a mutual friend somehow explain that he was bad?

That "mutual friend" was at the pier trying to kill Frank. Karen said that she had been at the pier last night, so the guy assumed she figured it out and pulled a gun.

>Why did Elektra choose to join the Hand then change her mind eleven seconds later?

She just considered it for a moment.

>What was all the blood for?

Reviving members of the Hand. Like Nobu, and Elektra.

>What was so special about the people giving said blood?

I suspect they were Black Sky candidates, like the kid in season 1. Black Sky may be something that lives in your blood and sort of mind controls you.

>Why did Frank have a CD with Micro written on it hidden away in his house? Was it just in case his family was murdered and he needed a sidekick to help his hypothetical war on crime?

No clue.

>Where did that random shack in the forest come from and why did it just so happen to contain a bunch of guns?

It was the army guy's shack, and he was taking Karen there to kill her.

>Why didn't anything in this fucking terrible season make any fucking sense??

It did, you're just stupid.
>>
Oh shit I just realized that the Blacksmith was such a big deal because he had a connection to ship pure heroin

Which comes from Afghanistan

I feel like a dummy
>>
>>67372803
>The mutual friend didn't explain shit

I thought she recognize the guy in the picture on the colonel's wall as the same guy from the docks. Which confirmed that at the very least, someone from his unit was working for the blacksmith...
>>
>>67374302
throwaway line in season 1 was all that was needed.

I suppose The Defenders will become the "army" to defeat them Stick was talking about.
>>
>>67372313
>Tying everything hastily up in shaggy little bows
Did...did you actually attempt to reframe a shitty cliffhanger as some dramatic ellipsis? Like this is No Country for Old Men?

It's fucking capeshit you dunce. It's retarded baiting for the next season, pull your head out of your ass.
>>
>>67374315
>Look in the mirror
>You are a hero too
Jesus fucking Christ I almost vomited
>>
>>67374390

It makes a lot of sense, I'm glad they went that route. I'm sure that at least one Western soldier in Afghanistan has thought "damn, I could make a fortune selling this stuff" while setting fire to a poppy field.
>>
>What the fuck was Black Sky?

Something that sounded cooler than it was. I assumed it was just a really powerful ninja, which in this case they thought was Elektra. They seemingly still do which is why they stuck her in the big urn.

>Why did Stick want to keep Elektra alive when she was a kid then decide she needed to be killed later?

She is Black Sky.

>Who the fuck was the Blacksmith?

It was the Colonel. Frank killed him before he confessed it, but it's implied. This was easy to work out.

>Who the fuck was the army guy that seemed to love Frank and how the fuck did a mutual friend somehow explain that he was bad?

His Colonel from their tour in the Middle East. Karen worked out he was bad with her investigative skillz, she saw a picture of a guy from Frank's unit who she also saw dead at the docks and worked out he might've been in on it (he was).

>Why did Elektra choose to join the Hand then change her mind eleven seconds later?

She never, she was bluffing.

>What was all the blood for?

The urn.

>What was so special about the people giving said blood?

Children's blood? Sacrificial? Who knows.

>Why did Frank have a CD with Micro written on it hidden away in his house?

For future Punisher tales. Micro is a character from The Punisher.

>Was it just in case his family was murdered and he needed a sidekick to help his hypothetical war on crime?

Who knows, it hasn't been explained because the series is an ongoing thing.

>Where did that random shack in the forest come from and why did it just so happen to contain a bunch of guns?

It was the Colonel's stash.

>Why didn't anything in this fucking terrible season make any fucking sense??

It did, you were just too busy shit posting on 4chan with it on in the background and not actually watching the show you fucking ADHD autist.
>>
>>67374665
>I'm sure that at least one Western soldier in Afghanistan has thought "damn, I could make a fortune selling this stuff" while setting fire to a poppy field.
I don't know if you're familiar with a little organization known as the CIA
>>
>>67374315
>can New York stop sucking it's own dick

It can't. New York is like the London of America, living there automatically doubles the size of your ego. The only difference is that New York isn't nearly as important for us as London is for the Brits.
>>
File: 014.jpg (84 KB, 1003x761) Image search: [Google]
014.jpg
84 KB, 1003x761
>mfw the blacksmith was mr. krabs...
>>
>>67373430
i agree i thought ray killed it as frank but the story he was in.... dude. Percy from the Green Mile nancing around and hamming it up
>>
You guys think Daredevil will have a role in the Spider-Man movie?
>>
>>67371838
>>67372230
Either Blacksmith or just an important henchman.

If Frank gets his own series I'm 80% sure the Colonel will turn out to be working for some corrupt general.

>>67373901
He didn't target Frank. It's pretty central to the Punisher that what happened to his family was in no way planned. It just had to be a random act of evil.
>>
>>67375373
No. Marvel said that the Netflix characters won't be crossing over into the movies and there's no indication that it will change anytime soon.
>>
File: 1429642514030s.jpg (3 KB, 124x122) Image search: [Google]
1429642514030s.jpg
3 KB, 124x122
>>67374354
>>
>>67375498
Well that's a shame, their bromance on the comics is one of the best. Ah well.
>>
>>67375571
The new guy playing Peter is shit though, I can't even picture them making a movie around him.
>>
What happened to Frank's dog?
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.