[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How bad was Alien3 really?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: sighnnnnnng.jpg (51 KB, 390x403) Image search: [Google]
sighnnnnnng.jpg
51 KB, 390x403
How bad was Alien3 really?
>>
>>67364282
That bad
>>
It was pretty stupid, but nowhere near as bad as fucking 4
>>
File: 1428005410921.jpg (103 KB, 747x705) Image search: [Google]
1428005410921.jpg
103 KB, 747x705
>tfw only person that likes resurrection
>>
It's okay.
>>
>>67364282
the director's cut is better than the theatrical
>>
>>67364403
It's a decent action comedy

Hell of a lot better than 3
>>
>>67364282
Slightly better than Aliens, so it's pretty bad.
>>
>>67364282
The Assembly cut is pretty good
>>
File: 4133-413.jpg (64 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
4133-413.jpg
64 KB, 320x240
>>67364282
The best Alien.
>>
Not that bad to be honest.
A scifi B movie basically. Enjoyable if you look past the weak cgi and how it's connected to the previous ones, even though that connection made me appreciate Ripley. She's neither a space jockey, nor on a revenge mission, just her seemingly broken, depressed self.
>>
>>67364481
There can't be a Director's Cut for ALIEN Cubed because Fincher has completely disowned it.

Special "Assembly" Cut Blu-ray > Special "Assembly" Cut DVD > (way down the tier) Theatrical Cut

There were too many different scripts and I still don't like Resurrection.
>>
>>67364282
When watching Alien or Aliens, in a way I could put myself in a role of the crew and care, be it on Nostromo or a marine, however in Alien 3, I didn't give a fuck if any of the rapists and killers got slaughtered or not, it was like meh. The ambient was false, they could have taken a mining colony with civilians and made it into a horror movie, with weyland-yutani sending troops to 'save' (use them) and ripley fighting against them aswell as against the alien.
>>
>>67364481

The above tripfag's trip is regrettable, but he's absolutely right. There is no such thing as a "director's cut" of Alien 3 (distinct from the theatrical release), due to Fincher's disownment.

Even the cash-hungry jews at Fox still can't/don't call the extended version a "director's cut", to this very day, as badly as they would like to, to round out their franchise. Right on the back of my blu-ray quadrilogy, most of the extended versions of the various films are simply titled "special edition". This suggests to me that Fincher has even taken legal action at some point to prevent them from using that phrase. I've read an anecdote involving the disavowal, but this does not rise to a legal injunctions, which is all that cash-hungry jews understand when they have to be prevented from doing something.
>>
co-producer Sigourney Weaver bad
>>
>>67364282
I wanna touch her stubble so bad.
>>
>>67364403
I like it too. It's Aliens mixed with Delicatessen/City of Lost Children. A total freakshow. Nothing else like it. Only fucking plebs that can't enjoy anything different don't like Alien: Res.
>>
>>67365506
The Blu-ray set is the Anthology and the DVD set is the Quadrilogy. ALIENS: Special Edition first debuted on Laserdisc.
There's a custom 130 minute plus Fan Extended Edition of ALIEN which keeps the same pacing as the Theatrical Edition. Very well worth it.
>>
>>67364282
>bad points of alien 3

Bald
Doom 3 lighting minus any good suspense
Muh Lice
Modern News Video camera
Prison Rape Culture
Lack of everything that made the first two movies good.
Sci-fi Prison Planet
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.