[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bryan Singer and Brandon Routh deserve another shot.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5
File: sr.png (119 KB, 376x206) Image search: [Google]
sr.png
119 KB, 376x206
Bryan Singer and Brandon Routh deserve another shot.
>>
Superman Returns 2 sounded good.

Superman Returns was way better than both BvS and MoS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbGL6bed5yM

Superman actually saved people, it had better CGI and it had a GOAT soundtrack.
>>
Singer can't do shit when there's less than 9 characters.
He's an ensemble cast fag.
>>
>Superman saving people
>Not flying through and destroying the buildings full of people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIMbqMmkZCI
>>
>>67363661
but the plane rescue is one of the worst scenes in the movie.
>>
>>67363661
>Superman actually saved people
>implying this is a merit
No, what we need right now is a Superman with Rorschach's mentality; just imagine the utopia he'd create.
>>
>This is kino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFxsgJfux44
>>
>>67363712
Yah the part where a kyprtonian was trying to kill him and everyone on the planet really flew past your head.
>>
File: 1458707813423.jpg (169 KB, 396x594) Image search: [Google]
1458707813423.jpg
169 KB, 396x594
>>67363661
Yeah, I feel bad for him.
Still, dude is banging Courtney Ford every night, so he's still set for life.
>>
>>67363590
Literally all this movie needed was one fight scene and it would be hailed as superior to Christopher Reeve's superman
>>
>>67363792

why did he drag them from his deserted farm into smallville and proceed to fight in smallville

baka @ DCucks
>>
>>67363739
Rorschach is basically just the Punisher.
It would end up being Injustice.
>>
>>67363739
>imagine the utopia he'd create

There's already both a wildly successful video game and several comics that imagine the kind of utopia Superman would create.
>>
>that music
>that cinematography
>that superman feel

So this.....is Capekino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We3UbWpCmfI
>>
True
>>
>>67363661
What I didn't like was what was gonna end up happening at the end.

Singer said Superman was gonna have to choose between his son and the world, and he ends up killing his son.

No climactic father/son battle either. Just a snapped neck and a lot of sobbing.
>>
This is the problem with DC, after a failure their immediate response is "fuck it, tear it down and reboot."

So we end up getting the same stories over and over again when they try to create a new universe.
>>
>>67363928

Sounds Kino as fuck.

Singer is a huge Star Trek fan and said it'd be TWOK to Star Trek 1. That'd be awesome, instead we got visionary director zach snyder's pieces of shit.
>>
Superman Returns was boring but at least it got to the heart of what makes Superman great.

A sequel with a better screenplay could've solved all its problems.

Plus Kevin Spacey = GOAT villain. In any movie, not just Superman.
>>
>>67363943
The problem is that now they skipped all origins except Superman's and it still failed.
>>
>>67363982
I don't think that level of tragedy fits Superman.
Given a situation like that it's well within his character to choose both or at least try like fuck to choose both.
>>
>>67363943

It wasn't a failure, it was well received amongst casuals (especially females) and critics. It made 400m which was good and more than Batman Begins.

The main complaints came from the core audience who said he didn't punch enough people. After TDK was a massive success, DC decided to put any plans on the shelf because Singer was taking so long getting producation going so they could make Superman more like TDK.

That led to the shit we have today.
>>
File: 1453079312097.jpg (25 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1453079312097.jpg
25 KB, 403x403
As forgettable and mediocre as this movie was, it was a way better look for superman then this grim dark bullshit that snyder is doing. It's fucking Superman. At least this movie captured the 'feel' of Superman.
>>
>>67363700
So you're saying he is perfect for JL?
Maybe he wasn't great back then and he'll most likely be burn out when he is finished with XMEN but he is the only comic director worth a damn at the moment.
>>
>>67363739
Hey Snyder
>>
>>67363982
Man of Steel essentially had the same plot, and you saw how that went. Superman had to choose the future of Krypton and the future of Earth.
He told Krypton it had its chance and chose Earth.
>>
>>67363700
Emphasis on fag. Holy shit what a literal dicklicker.
>>
SR problem was being a sequel to Donner's films.

Singer could do much better if he wasn't trying to do that. He should have taken inspiration and the tone from them, but he should have created something new.
>>
>>67363739
I think it's about time we got a black Superman. It's just not convincing in this time period for a puny little white man to play Superman there's just something really disingenuous about it. Like you just know if this little white boi came running up on a "real nigger" he'd get BTFO quick. Lois can stay white though tbqf.
>>
>>67364044
Batmans family is killed like 17 times on screen, counting all the films.
>>
>>67363739

Kill yourself you fucking child.

I can't imagine the kind of trench coat wearing retard who would feel compelled to turn Superman into some shit like that because "muh edgy realism!"
>>
>>67364062
>It made 400m which was good and more than Batman Begins.

Despite this they also said they wanted at least half a bil, and since it failed in that regard, they scrapped a sequel.

This is exactly how the Justice League film franchise is going to fall.

Batman v Superman needs to make at the VERY least 800 million, and they may pull the plug anyway if it doesn't break a billion.
>>
>>67364062
I was referring to BvS when talking about failure, not Superman Returns. Should've made that more clear.
>>
>>67363795
he's pretty good on Arrow.
>>
>>67363590
I remember when Superman Returns came out a lot of people didn't like it, huh
>>
>>67363739
I actually find it refreshing to see the BvS film treats him like the anti-christ instead of all the other films where everyone's sucking his dick with all the insane shit he does. Fear seems like a more believable reaction.
>>
>>67363842
wow, just realized Superman Returns has no fight scenes. Except when he's getting the beating of his life as a powerless mortal kek.
>>
>>67363795
Yeah, he could've been much worse. She's hot as fuck, his son looks like a pretty cool kid, and he's clearly very happy. There's a reason Brandon Routh doesn't get a million JUST threads a week.
>>
>>67364418
Singer knew Superman didn't have to punch anyone to be Superman

Snyder doesn't
>>
>>67364369
Exactly. Green Lantern, Superman Returns, and now Batman vs. Superman, not counting all the reboots that weren't prompted by failure, such as all the Batman and Superman movie series.

Too much rebooting for DC, they have to learn to persevere, not all of Marvel's movies have been winners (IM2, Hulk, Thor 2, and Ant Man to name a few).
>>
>>67364489
Ant Man was good though
>>
>>67364044
>implying skipping origin is a bad thing

People don't need to see another fucking Batman origin or Spiderman origin on screen ever again.
>>
File: 1405575588903.jpg (63 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1405575588903.jpg
63 KB, 1024x576
>>67363739
I agree my good gent
>>
>>67364517
It was alright, but it didn't make a tonne of money.
>>
>>67364591
True
>>
>>67364489
The thing about the Marvel fuckups is that they were released after (or right before) the team-up movie was released with the exception of Incredible Hulk, which was by far the least of the fuckups.

Disney'd already made more than enough to endure any repurcussions.
>>
>>67364489
>not all of Marvel's movies have been winners

Except every Marvel movie since phase 1 has over a 60% RT and made acceptable to boat loads of cash. Marvel has no flopped once, and it seems like they won't this year as well with Civil War and Doctor Strange.
>>
>>67364489
They should have done Man of Steel 2 trying to fix their mistakes, probably kicking Snyder too.

MoS underperformed against their expectations but was still a success.

After that they could have slowly introduced other characters. Introduce Batman in MoS 2, but only a small appearance. Make a Wonder Woman movie, introduce another superhero in it.

Man of Steel 2 could have worked. But they made Batman into Lex, and Lex became a retarded psycho.
>>
>>67363590

No, you fucking cunt. You fucking capeshit cunts should fucking hang yourselves from a steel beam with a kevlar rope, jesus h. clusterfuck I fucking hate capeshit and the mancunts who read comic books because they're autistic as all fuck, this world needs thirty goddamn nukes thrown at it by a fucking nuke-throwing satellite of some kind
>>
>>67364657
You sound like the exact target audience that capeshit aims for. You should try it out.
>>
>>67363590
inb4 Bryan Singer gay pool orgy
>>
>>67363590
I loved Superman Returns and that actor who played Superman!
>>
>>67363590
Jeez this movie was bland.

Lex is the only good part. It's like they wanted to do superman 78 but as a made for tv movie
>>
>>67363590
just as boring if not more so than BvS
>>
>>67364591
It's fucking Ant-Man, the fact that a movie about a guy who shrinks and controls ants with his mind made half a billion is a goddamn miracle.
>>
>>67364517
stop forcing this meme
>>
>>67363590
Fuck the niggas that shit on it.
>Goat soundtrack
>Goat Spacey
>Superman-ey feel to it
Its not perfect, but its a decent Superman flick.
>>
WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!

I loved Spacey's Luthor, but I could've done with an evil plot that made a bit more sense. It's kind of implied in the movie and I think some deleted scenes that flesh it out and make the plot make more sense. Like the island he created was basically land from Krypton, same materials, minerals etc etc with Kryptonite interlaced there. That'd allow them to create the kind of technology they had on Krypton, all the while creating weapons to kill Supermen.
>>
>>67363590
It's not enough gritty and dark

It wouldn't please the fedoratippers
>>
>>67364127
He really is. As much as I hate his pedo-faggot ways, he is the saviour of capeshit.
>>
>>67363590
Fucking hell 76% is like pure kino for a Superman film
>>
Just drop the fucking character alltogether. He's not a good character. I don't care if he was the original superhero, he's horribly cliche and boring and it makes for shitty movies.
>>
I've heard that both Bryan Singer and Kevin Spacey molested and groped Brandon all day erry day on set. Is the rumor true?
>>
>>67363884
So what's it like?
>>67364272
Ironic coming from a manchild who cares about comic book canon and its faithful adaptation (or even comic books at all, for that matter). There's nothing "edgy" about realism, and, being realistic, Superman would handle himself in any way other than his canon self. Look out the window - is that "edgy realism" to you?
>>
>>67365045
it was better than the 2nd avengers movie
>>
>>67365269
This.
Some faggot flying around in primary colored tights, punching out bad guys is fucking gay.
>>
>>67365269
While I don't agree with you, I've been saying this for years. People just don't like Superman for whatever reason. I think large part of it is generational. Most millennials only grew up with Batman and Marvel and OMG batman and marvel are successful. Even the most terrible piece of shit Xmen movie gets decent reviews while a mediocre superman movie gets panned into oblivion. People obviously arent being too objective here.
>>
File: ough.jpg (32 KB, 600x619) Image search: [Google]
ough.jpg
32 KB, 600x619
>>67363590
>tfw this pile of garbage is better than both of Hack Snidey's scrotum orgies
>>
>>67363590
I keep forgetting that this movie exists
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.