[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Its official now that Marvel makes better live action movies,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 1441236639753.jpg (544 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1441236639753.jpg
544 KB, 1000x1000
Its official now that Marvel makes better live action movies, but why the fuck can they still not compete with DC at all when it comes to live action TV, animated TV, and animated movies?
Agents of Shield is terrible, Jessica Jones is overrated, Agent Carter was stupid, and Daredevil is really great but it doesnt really make up for the other three.
Meanwhile DC has arrow, and despite arrow season 3 being shit the show is still good. Legends of tomorrow has all the cheesiness of the flash, and none of the typical boredom that comes with using side characters like in agents of shield. The Flash is easily the best superhero show ever made.
Just look at the past, Marvel had the live action Spiderman show, and the hulk and they were both shit. DC had a pretty terrible Flash show but then had two great superman live action shows. Not to mention the most iconic superhero tv show of all time, Batman the series.
Animated movies is really not even worth talking about. Even DC's worst animated movies (throne of atlantis and son of batman) are way better than Marvels absolute best (Planet Hulk).
Animated TV, sure Marvel had 60's spiderman, and 90's X-men, Fantastic Four, and Spiderman again, but in the 60's DC had super-friends and in the 90's were untouchable with Batman TAS and Superman TAS. Going into the 2000's Marvel had fucking nothing worth mentioning meanwhile DC churned out The Batman, Teen Titans, Justice League, Young Justice, Justice League Unlimited, and Green Lantern. Now Marvel has really only two good animated shows and they are both over, Avengers EMS, and ultimate Spider Man. For the moment the only show DC has ongoing is teen titans go which is an absolute circus of terribleness, but their upcoming shows look far more promising than marvels.

TLDR: How the fuck can Marvel dominate live action movies so well, but be shit at everything else?
>>
>>67363527
WB is in charge of the DCEU movies
>>
Blame the hack Snyder
>>
i don't even know any capeshit TV except daredevil desu but only because my friends watch it too.
>>
DC makes sexy teen capeshit shows for the lowest common denominator.

Also, SHIELD gets better, and Jessica Jones is a perfectly good show (although not great). Agent Carter is boring ass shit.
>>
>>67363527
>Jessica Jones is overrated

How can that be if no one likes it?
>>
>>67363610
That's exactly what their films need. I want fucking Smallville on the big screen.
Not really awful CGI borefests.
>>
> Marvel has really only two good animated shows and they are both over, Avengers EMS, and ultimate Spider Man.

How was Spectacular Spider-Man? By the time I'd even heard of it, it was cancelled due to rights issues, and Ultimate had started.
>>
>>67363653
>>67363610
Im not saying its a terrible show but i have heard a lot of people heaping praise on it and comparing it to daredevil, when in reality the two are nowhere near close in terms of quality
>>
>>67363679
It was genuinely pretty good for awhile, maybe the best spiderman show yet.
>>
>>67363698
Jessica Jones is more geared towards women, so they're going to praise it more than Daredevil, which appeals more to men.
>>
File: 1340080252796.gif (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1340080252796.gif
1 MB, 1280x720
>>67363679
It was good
>>
>>67363527
>Its official now that Marvel makes better live action movies

No they don't. Just because RT reviewers like "banter and CGI" set to the most boring amateur cinematography in existence doesn't mean they're better.

Their shit sucks just the same as DC shit.
>>
fox is still on top

Apocalypse was sleeping cuz all BvS hype and CW hype

But its gonna be huge
>>
>>67363527
Flash and Arrow are retarded. Same tier as Agents of Shield IMO. Daredevil and Jessica Jones are both obviously superior.
>>
>>67363527
This is a bad drawing
>>
>>67363878
My main issue with JJ is the ending.
The way they had Killgrave go out may just be the stupidest thing i have ever seen in capeshit and that is even including the absolute shitshow that was the Doomsday fight in Batman Vs Superman
>>
but this was perfect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryOsDRg5pFQ
>>
>>67363981
People like you are the reason Batman vs Superman exists
fuck you
>>
>>67363527
>The Flash is easily the best superhero show ever made
when will this meme end
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSGoKG8e_M8
>>
>>67364004
no, it really wasnt.
>>
>>67363997
I'd accept it as typical drawfag fare, I just don't get why they colored it.
>>
>>67363527
>The Flash is easily the best superhero show ever made
please stop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSGoKG8e_M8
>>
>>67364031
I dont see the problem but if you dont like the cheesiness of the flash then i can see how someone would think Daredevil was better, but as far as TV special effects drama goes the Flash is tough to top
>>
>>67363999
I wish they could've kept Kilgrave around, he was a great villain, but when you think about it, it's literally impossible for him to be contained. There was no feasible way to defeat him without killing him. It made sense to me.
>>
Arrow sucks now though. It's sucked since season 3
>>
>>67364196
previously, on felicity...
>>
>>67364128
i understand that but my point is that he did not have to be defeated this season.
They are planning a crossover tv show anyway and i cannot imagine a better villain for that than Killgrave, so they should have let him escape and yet still have it be triumphant for Jessica that he left.
His death was really stupid
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.