[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disney and Marvel threaten to boycott Georgia if bill protec
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: ugh.jpg (49 KB, 514x429) Image search: [Google]
ugh.jpg
49 KB, 514x429
Disney and Marvel threaten to boycott Georgia if bill protecting religious liberty is signed into law:

http://mashable.com/2016/03/23/disney-marvel-boycott-georgia-religious-liberty-bill/#rffYw.KuzqqA
>>
They don't want to alienate their non-existent gay fanbase and want to alienate their conservative fanbase which is a majority of comics fans. Noted.
>>
The joy from the progressive fascists on social media regarding this story is nauseating. Never mind that most of them don't give a damn about Marvel.
>>
File: Only the dead may know peace.gif (1 MB, 320x234) Image search: [Google]
Only the dead may know peace.gif
1 MB, 320x234
>>67356804
>mfw I live in Georgia
Damn it Christards, this is why we can't have nice things.
>>
Why can't liberals just fuck off already?
>>
>>67357190
>religious freedom
>no capeshit
hell, I might just move there
>>
>>67356996
Delusional.
Marvel is liberal, get over it.
>>
>>67356804
Coca Cola ban you
>>
isn't that already part of your constitution?
lol that's literally how and why america was founded
>>
>"Marvel Studios and Disney said they will no longer shoot projects in the state if the legislation, which now awaits approval from Gov. Nathan Deal, passes."

Wow, Georgia's economy is about to go down the shitter boys!

Fucking liberals lmao
>>
>we won't allow you to discriminate against people by discriminating against the entire state!
>>
>>67356996
Most comics fans are actually liberal
>>
>Disney/Marvel can afford to throw away money to make a point
holy shit
dc must be seething with rage right now
>>
>>67356804

DISNEY DOES IT AGAIN THE SOUTH GETS KKK'D

Meanwhile at DC, closeted gays struggle with their feelings.
>>
>The bill would allow religious institutions and officials to deny performing same-sex marriage ceremonies
Hold the fuck up

Did we already reach the point where it's now legally mandatory for clergy and churches to perform gay weddings against their own doctrine?
>>
why do gay people even want to get married?
>>
Would Captain America condone faggotry?
>>
Disney and Marvel need to fuck off already
>>
>>67356804
>>67356996
Fuck these conservative rednecks. This is what they fucking deserve.
>>
File: 568976.jpg (95 KB, 936x781) Image search: [Google]
568976.jpg
95 KB, 936x781
>>67356804
>bill protecting religious liberty
>>
Why bother doing this
Don't they stand to lose more money from the audiences in the entire state of Georgia than they would gain by going through with some weird liberal political statement
>>
>>67357370
No. But Chris Evans does because of his brother.
>>
>The bill would allow religious institutions and officials to deny performing same-sex marriage ceremonies, and allow organizations with a religious affiliation to refuse hiring potential employees with differing religious beliefs.
That's completely fine with me. I'm not going to get butthurt if the local kebab restaurant doesn't want to hire me, a Lutheran raised blonde Scandinavian.

And churches should be able to turn down gay marriage. You want your marriahe licence, go wait in the DMV like government office that hands them out. Orthodox churches shouldn't be held at gunpoint to marry fucking faggots.
>>
>>67357359
It's not against their doctrine the Pope said it's OK.
>>
http://nytimes.com/2016/03/23/us/business-to-play-key-role-as-georgia-weighs-bill-on-religion-and-gay-rights.html

so they're protecting people against gay rights? I don't understand
>>
>>67357359
>The bill would allow religious institutions and officials to deny performing same-sex marriage ceremonies
How the fuck is this remotely bad?
>>
>>67357235
>>67357249
>>67357294
>>67357346
I want all christcucks to fuck off and die.
>>
jesus who cares about this
>>
>>67356804
>the bill allows private individuals to make choices for themselves on how they practice the doctrines of their private organization

You know, I became the most edgy fedoracore "religion is poison" atheist some years ago after dropping Christianity, but lately I find myself defending Christians more than attacking them. How fucking shit has the left become that their stupidity is bringing atheists and theists together?
>>
>no capeshit
blessing in disguise
>>
>>67357370

He would condone liberty even if you hates buttpirates.
>>
>NFL loves gays
>Disney loves gays
>politicians cave in because 'muh money'
i really wish these large corporations would stop shoving their thick agendas down people's throats
>>
Is 4chan the most conservatively triggered website on the Internet?
>>
Wasnt gay marriage made legal in the USA a year ago?
>>
What the fuck is 'gay marriage' anyway? I thought marriage was for babymaking and familycreating, the hell do gays need to be married for? To have all the benefits without any obligations?
>>
>>67357359
Dude who cares about the seperation of church and state lmao
#LoveWins #NotAllMuslims #Bernie2016
>>
>>67357455

*he hates buttpirates
>>
>>67357436

>Yeah fuck gays man! fight those queers!

Please just fuck off and die.
>>
>>67357418
>implying protestant america gives a shit about what some faggot europoor says
>>
THERES ONLY ONE GOD AND I'M PRETTY SURE HE DOESN'T HAVE A MAGNUM DONG
>>
>>67357418
>pope
theres more than one religion

honestly, they shouldn't be forced to wtf
they should just go to a liberal, progressive church that will have them
>>
>>67357436
because it is legal and they should have to deal with it no matter how triggered they are
>>
>>67356804
So when liberals chimp out this summer does that mean it's open season on liberals?

I would really like to help thin the herd.
>>
>>67357441
jesus
>>
something like 37 have similar laws, some of which are stricter, this is just some publicity bs.
>>
>>67357418
The Pope "rules" one denomination and the Pope is also a bigger shill than Billy Mays
>>
>>67357469

The US has a stupid system where the Federal government can say something is legal but then the State government can say it's not legal because Americans are scared of their own government for some stupid reason.
>>
>>67357466
>nfl loves gays
the only team that had a gay player didn't even keep him for half the season
>>
>>67357441
jesus
>>
>>67357438
>implying
>doesn't know his own history
kek, amerifats everybody
>>
File: 0928 - HvK6DGX.png (56 KB, 260x263) Image search: [Google]
0928 - HvK6DGX.png
56 KB, 260x263
>LOSE SUPERB OWL
>LOSE CAPESHIT
>LOSE FUNDING
>LOSE NFL TEAM

AHAHAHAHAHA
GET FUCKING REKT CHRISTFAGS
>>
Kill me

>>67356996
This desu
>>
>>67357438
>believing that people have should have the right to make their own choices about running their private business means you're a christcuck
>>
>>67357533
>because it is legal
It's legal in a courthouse, or a liberal church that allows it.

Forcing a church to perform a ceremony against their own doctrine and morality under force of law is just about the most shocking unconstitutional thing imaginable.
>>
>>67357438
I'm an atheist you fucking turd. Stay mad and get the fuck out of religious people's business
>>
>>67357438
>churches should be forced to do gay marriages
>christian and jewish organizations should be forced to hire muslims
I hope you fucking die
>>
>>67357498
Where in my post did I insinuate that I hate gays? You strawmanning sensitive little fucking pansy. It's like crying and demanding that I should be able to eat pork and drink wine at a Mudslime wedding. It makes 0 sense for a gay man to have a wedding in a Church.
>>
File: 1417222191820.gif (861 KB, 200x188) Image search: [Google]
1417222191820.gif
861 KB, 200x188
>>67357483
>obligated to make babies
>>
>>67357359

The problem, I think, is the official part of it. This bill would give precedence to deny one's marriage to any institution.

Religious institutions should have the right to deny it but not the state.
>>
>>67356804
Will Georgia kneel before the olicargy or will it remain a democracy ?

(Between this and nfl I'm guessing Georgia chooses to bend over)
>>
>>67356804
A dumb bill but why does that mean they need to boycott the entire state?
Get over yourself
>>
>>67357359
No. That's what the fight is about. The state itself is who can't deny marriage licenses. Trying to force it on the churches was being done under some non-discrimination thing I think. The bill would say it's a religious right to exclude people based on beliefs so therefore doesn't fall under standard discrimination laws. Perfectly fair if you ask me.

>>67357370
As a liberal dude from the 40's? Hell no.
>>
>>67357483

There is no obligations to getting married. Not all married couples have kids.
>>
>People who accept a lifestyle entirely divergent from Christian traditions and values want to get married in a church ceremony anyway
Why
>>
>>67357564
>the only team that had a gay player didn't even keep him for half the season
because he was fucking awful, I think he even got from a CFL team a year later
>>
>>67357560
what is the civil war?
>>
>>67357483
>obligations
No one forces you to have kids in a normal marriage
>>
When the fuck did it become a law that church's are required to conduct marriage ceremonies for anyone that wants one?

So if I walk in a church and demand they perform a "marriage" ceremony for me and my motorcycle, they should be required to do it? Fuck no.

This faggotry accomodation must end.
>>
>>67357564
The corporation, I meant.
They're also threatening similar action with the superbowl in Atlanta.
>>
>>67357498
Its not about 'fighting' any queers, its about letting people to uphold their stupid beliefs, which is constitutional.
>>
>>67356996
Most of 4chan is liberal/libertarion dawg
>>
File: 1450918212619.jpg (15 KB, 244x255) Image search: [Google]
1450918212619.jpg
15 KB, 244x255
>>67357249
>religious freedom
This has NOTHING to do with religious freedom. Let me explain what's going on. Now that gay marriage is legal they passed a law basically saying to can't force a priest to marry someone if they don't want to. Ok, that's fine, that's not the issue here. Now that the law is passed, some special interest group is trying to change it. So the law acts as a loop hole so organizations and businesses can legally discriminate against ANYONE over "muh religion".

Basically if I'm an atheist and I don't like gays, but I own a restaurant, I can't kick them out just cause I don't like them. That's discrimination, that's illegal. This law change will make it so if I'm a Christian I can kick them out as long as I go "muh religion".

It's wrong because it's unconstitutional. You don't get to make a law that let's people of a certain faith ignore other laws.
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"

This isn't about religious freedom.
>>
What does a small nation bordering Russia care about this?
>>
non-american jesuit educated catholic here. what the fuck are you people doing? get your shit together before we have to send paddy, pablo, pasqual and padme over to sort you lot out.
>>
>>67357455
He would also say no one is forced to compromise their religious beliefs if they aren't injuring others' rights.
You are not being harmed if a certain religion doesn't do gay marriages, because you are free to not belong to that religion. So shut the fuck up.
>>
>>67357469
It is. But now gays need churches to fucking give them marriage license because they want to have the storybook wedding in a beautiful church instead of getting their marriage license from a bland government office

>>67357560
You don't know shit and didn't even read the article I bet
>>
>>67357438
>>67357467
>>67357498
Welcome to /tv/, Reddit!
>>
>>67357467
>doesn't support my pet issue
>"conservative"

Fuck off, shithead, idiots like YOU are the cancer in this nation.
>>
>>67357418
Lefty pope is a disgrace.

I don't particularly have a problem with half the shit he says, but the pope should not be saying it.

And he should not be on fucking instagram.
>>
People may have opinions about faggots, but being able to kick you out for having a different religion is retarded.
Wouldn't mind if it only affected muslims tho.
>>
File: 1203 - 6el1G0t.jpg (27 KB, 250x243) Image search: [Google]
1203 - 6el1G0t.jpg
27 KB, 250x243
>religious liberties

fuggin wut m8?0yv3y
>>
>>67357630

Their beliefs are moot the second their religious leader says its okay. At the end of the day, They have to do their job, as simple as that. You'd be up in arms in a muslim refused to serve pork during his shift at work.
>>
>>67357589
>under force of law
thats just how laws work. You cant just say "Im special, I dont have to do what everybody else does"
>>
>>67357578
This b8 is HARRIBLE
>>
>>67357275
Comics are pseudo-fascist male power fantasies for white teenagers (and childish adults)
>>
>>67357414
I'm fine with churches refusing to allow your mariage but getting denied a job because of you religion is a big no no for me. Religion shouldn't matter in any place beside a church.
>>
>>67357633
Ok this makes sense, fuck this law. Muh religion shouldn't give people the right to be cunts
>>
>>67357560
>Not being terrified of your government

Have you seen the shit going on in Germany m8?
>>
fuck gays, fuck religiosfags and fuck capeshit

I'm with Georgia, because who the fuck are you to tell what state wants!?
>>
>>67357441
jesus
>>
>>67357648

You seem upset, read >>67357600
>>
>>67357735
This.
>>
>>67356996
Most normies (the people who actually decide if capeshit movies make money) are left-of-center.

Conservative diehard comics fans don't matter to the bottom line of capeshit movies, which is why they can do the boycott for good PR.
>>
>ITT: tumblr and reddit tourists getting triggered
>>
>>67357333
>he thinks /co/ and tumblr actually purchase comics

LOL
O
L
>>
>>67357633
I know exactly what religious freedom means in that context. Your business is your private property and you should have the right to refuse service to anyone on any ground you deem suitable.
>>
>>67357483
Shit, does it mean sterile people should have no right to get married?
>>
>>67357663

>You don't know shit and didn't even read the article I bet

what I said wasn't even related to the article. Just pointing out the problems with state and federal governments.
>>
>>67356804
Why can't we just separate religion and state and call it something else in the law and let churches and religions be the sole arbiters of "marriage." The union that would be legally binding and come with all the tax benefits would be the one everyone has to get (if they even want the benis) and marriage is just some ceremonial thing that holds no legal power.
>>
>>67357625
yeah slippery slope as fuck. motorcycles arent people
>>
>>67357441
jesus
>>
>>67356804
>Fucking boycotting this shit!

Screw Disney and there none SJW fan base of 2,000 vs there 10,000 conservative nerd Christians. I'm not even fucking against gays, but you stop trying to fuck with peoples relgious belifs. Push that shit on a Muslim, see if they don't cut your throat.
>>
>>67357190
Just torrent anything you want to see
>>
>yfw the same people opposed to the bill claim to not be Islamophobic
>yfw the bill protects Muslims
>>
>>67357294

"Religious Freedom" in this context is political code, like "Right to Work" (which means "wageslaves can be fired for anything"). It's basically an attempt to create a backdoor to civil rights legislation by inferring that freedom of religion gives business owners the right to deny service to those they find distasteful.
>>
>>67357721
To be fair needing to have 5 breaks for prayer a day isn't something employers want
>>
>>67357775
That's what civil unions were, but it wan't good enough for them.
>>
>>67357775
Isn't that how it works in the US already ?
>>
>>67356996
>want to alienate their conservative fanbase which is a majority of comics fans. Noted.

[citation needed]

Everybody I know who reads comments is pretty liberal
>>
>>67357735
Fuck you staterightsfags. Your the degenrate filth who think dirty stinking rednecks are competant enough to make decisions for themselves, and hold us all back. Your kind should be fucking erradicated with fire.
>>
>>67357706
No but they can totally say, "I'm not special, no one else should have to do this either."

Forced association is simply immoral.
>>
>>67357633
How did you infer that from the law?
Reading too much liberal media are you?
Regardless, even then a private business shouldn'f be forced to serve people either.
When liberals defend that private business boycotting certain people isn't dicrimination or curbing freedom of speech because they are well, private, it goes both ways!
You have no right to demand anything from private individuals or business, as long as they aren't infringing on your rights. You can only demand equal treatment from public institutions.
At least this is what liberals say every time someone loses their career over saying "I dislike gays" so mcfucking deal with it.
>>
>>67357633
A private company should be able to serve and hire whoever they want.
>>
>>67357702
>You'd be up in arms in a muslim refused to serve pork during his shift at work.
Nah, I'd simply walk out and go to another restaurant. Isn't capitalism great? His boss would be fucking pissed for losing customers though.
>>
>>67357798
Business owners already have the right to deny service to those they find distasteful.
>>
>The religious are fans of shitty movies about fictional superhuman characters who perform amazing feats that normal humans cannot perform

seems about right
>>
>>67357798
And that's great. My only objection is that it only allows you to tell someone to fuck off on religious grounds rather than any grounds.
>>
>>67357735

States rights should apply when it makes sense. Does Georgia have a rampant problem with fudgepackers trying to get married or something?
>>
>>67357685
>>67357665
Not helping your arguments here
>>
>>67357446
Same here bro. SJW extremism is getting ridiculous.
>>
>>67357798
>business refuses to serve you
>you go somewhere else with your money

Problem solved.
>>
>>67357839
Get fucked you scumbag redneck, people shouldn't be refused service in shops/restaurant due to sexual orientation.
>>
File: Poll.png (605 KB, 648x798) Image search: [Google]
Poll.png
605 KB, 648x798
Interesting, because Marvel's Israeli CEO is a notorious conservative who gave money to the Trump campaign

http://www.themarysue.com/marvel-ceo-trump/

I wonder how much control he has over Marvel Studios by this point, apparently very little
>>
>>67357745
The state isn't a religious institution so that doesn't make any fucking sense.

But hey, I get it, curb some rights to defend others right? Sod off.

t. Angry Atheist
>>
>>67357632
We're not anti-gay hyper-religious cuckservatives, but we certainly aren't liberals.
>>
>>67357775
Because they want to get married in churches like the movies have. A license from a government office isn't romantic and special enough.

I'm a fucking atheist and I know that Christianity is being heavily attacked and undermined
>>
File: white male with a salary.png (145 KB, 300x297) Image search: [Google]
white male with a salary.png
145 KB, 300x297
>>67356996
>I'm a conservative capeshit nerd on /tv/, that must mean everyone else is
>>
>>67357595
Make me, you fucking bitch.
>>
>>67357816
"Tolerance"
>>
>>67357816
>its 2016 im right let allah through you white male

What are you trying to say anyway?
>>
File: whites-only.gif (82 KB, 434x179) Image search: [Google]
whites-only.gif
82 KB, 434x179
>>67357762
No you don't.
>>
>>67357891

Don't cut yourself on that edge.
>>
>>67357775
Considering all the tax benefits were originally put in place to help a family raise children, I'm more pissed that everyone gets it, kids or not. They need to overhaul that shit ASAP. Hell, the gays should get the benefits too if they adopt but marriage and no kids shouldn't have any special tax benefits. That would be a great revenue stream by closing that money sucking hole up.
>>
>>67357762
And are your employees your properties in the sense that you can fire them anytime you want ?
>>
>>67357903
Neither is calling people "cucks"
>>
>>67357919
>The state isn't a religious institution
yes, good
>so that doesn't make any fucking sense.
wat
>But hey, I get it, curb some rights to defend others right?
no never
>>
>>67357599
>>67357623
>No one forces you to have kids in a normal marriage
>>67357767
You are absolutely right, nobody ENFORCES procreation, but it IS the main goal of the institution and the incentive to reap most benefits for married couples. Letting old/sterile couples get married is a small drawback society can take to remain liberal, however gay marriage as a whole lacks purpose entirely.
>>
>>67357811
Because in many instances, civil unions did not contain all of the rights and benefits that marriages do.
>>
>>67357446
So much this. Granted I was raised religious (atheist now) but the attack on Christianity by the left all throughout the western world is very blatant and Truthfully I believe has an agenda behind it.
>>
I learned one thing and its that the states are pretty fucked
>>
>>67357976
Tell that to /pol/
>>
>>67357971
depends on the employment contract, if you don't want to hire gays/blacks/whites/asians/blondes or whoever the fuck else that's your choice

>>67357954
nice buzzword
>>
File: giphy3214231.gif (2 MB, 238x301) Image search: [Google]
giphy3214231.gif
2 MB, 238x301
>/pol/ literally BTFO
>>
>>67357914
M-muh rednecks!
Reread whst I posted and notice the hypocrisy I am pointing out.
Beyond that, I am an atheist living in a metropolis, hardly a fucking "christfag redneck".

The right of a religion to not condone a certain behavior curbs your "right" to demand service from them.
There is no right to service you fucking moron.
>>
>>67358008
I learned one thing here is that my country is considered as communist
>>
>>67357862

No, they don't.

Civil rights act means that any public business has to cater to everyone. Even if you don't like their sexuality, their race or their religion. You must serve all equally. The only one exempt are private clubs.

If you're open to the public, you're open to all.
>>
You know, it's funny to me that gays aren't trying to go to Muslim Mosques and Muslim bakeries to arrange their weddings.

I wonder why.
>>
>>67357947
You should be able
>>
>>67358018
>if you don't want to hire gays/blacks/whites/asians/blondes or whoever the fuck else that's your choice

It's the job of the state to look after it's people. This includes making sure scumbag businessmen can't discriminate against entire sections of it's people with impunity
>>
File: ferguson.jpg (31 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
ferguson.jpg
31 KB, 640x360
>>67357947
You know, 50 years later that law is still bullshit, and blacks are still overwhelmingly unruly, destructive and violent.

Now you've got people softly, quietly trying to accomplish the same thing because NOBODY wants black people anywhere near their institution.

Pic related, it's a business with a black clientele.
>>
>>67358016
We should together brother
>>
>>67357898
>"it's not a problem if AIDS spreaders get married"
Yoy tell em, Chuck!
>>
>>67357633
fuck. Even as a faggot, I suported the original law. This is absolutely fucked
>>
>>67358028
>The right of a religion to not condone a certain behavior curbs your "right" to demand service from them.

Imagine somebody said that defending Islam, you'd be furious.
>>
>>67358051
>It's the job of the state to look after it's people
It's the job of the state to not get their hands into someone else's private business
>>
File: sigh.png (220 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
sigh.png
220 KB, 512x512
>>67357775
Because that's what marriages already are. A legal union bound by the state. In order to dump marriage and replace it with this civil union system just to change the fucking word people call it you'd have to rewrite tons of legislation and it's a huge mess.

If christfags want some separate religious version of marriage then they can do that without any political intervention at all. They just have to invent "super marriage" and say gays can't get super married. And that only churches can super marry people.

Ta-dah, now marriages are civil unions and the religions get to be the sole arbiters of their special definition of marriage.
>>
>>67358051
I disagree with that. Not that anon but I wholeheartedly disagree
>>
Holy shit gays are so disgusting. They are willing to trample on civil liberties and destroy entire institutions just force people, that they hate, to give me a ceremony.

Why are gays so evil bros? Is it the mental illness?
>>
>>67358039
>yfw someone tried doing it once as a social experiment and the Muslims flat out said no
>>
>>67357633
>go to cake shop
>ask for gay cake
>owner refuses because of his beliefs
>XENOPHOBIA DISCRIMINATION RACISM MUH LGBTQPWER RIGHTS
>Sue the cake shop to bankrupcy
rinse and repeat
>>
>>67358020
They beat themselves out every time they express their opinions here because they're afraid of spewing their rhetoric irl.
They are literally societies' cucks.
>>
>>67358084

That was a serious question.
>>
>>67358039
>muslim bakeries

It's like you people try to become the biggest self parodies you can
>>
>>67358096
If the local kebab shop wouldn't want to make me a kebab because I'm white or not muslim I wouldn't give a shit and go eat somewhere else instead of crying like a bitch
>>
>>67358109
It's the left man.

Honestly the left wing is more of a threat to America than radical Islam
>>
>>67358104
>If christfags want some separate religious version of marriage then they can do that without any political intervention at all. They just have to invent "super marriage" and say gays can't get super married. And that only churches can super marry people.
This lasts about two weeks until the court rules that gays are entitled to get super married and any church that refuses to perform a super marriage between gays is in violation of the law.

What then?
>>
>>67357984
Well it's what people are defending:
>curb religious rights to give people access to made up rights (right to be served, really?)
Meanwhile people wave a flag with "it will let everyone deny muh service!" written on it, which is both a) bullshit and b)not really a right infringement.

Like holy fuck mongs, I have no right to demand a church marry me and my buddy. Just like I have no right to say go to buy at the local market if the owner bars me because I insulted his mum, why because it's a goddamned private place, not a public fucking park.
>>
>>67357994
A lot of people just marry out of religious or financial reasons. Also a lot of homo couples adopt children
>>
Really though, why do people care so much about marriage being something having to do with religion. The concept of a couple being close and having a family is kind of just human nature.
>>
>>67356804
MARVEL OPPOSES LIBERTY
>>
>>67357633
>private organizations can't choose who to hire or fire

Wow, fascist much?
It's 2016
>>
>>67358028
14th amendment ensures equal protection under the law

If business are prohibited from denying service on the basis of immutable qualities, then being a faggot demands the same protection as being a nigger.
>>
>>67357839
>How did you infer that from the law?
It's not discriminatory now. They want to change it to say something along the lines of "organizations and businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone based off of moral or religious belief".

>U MUST BE A HURR DURR LIBERAL
Nope, I just believe the constitution should be upheld .
>>
>>67358132
If a local kebab shop refused to serve white or christian people they would be out of business really fast
>>
>>67358096
It applies to Islam too, son
>>
People are getting confused between Religious Freedom and the right to discriminate. People just read religious freedom and instantly hopped on the fundy bus.
>>
>>67358125
And that was a serious answer, my fellow ass cleaner.
>>
>>67356804
>http://mashable.com/2016/03/23/disney-marvel-boycott-georgia-religious-liberty-bill/#rffYw.KuzqqA
Honestly this bill sounds like a band-aid Libertarian solution to bullshit "accomodation" laws. Organizations should be free to not associate with whoever they choose, even for garbage reasons like buttfucking.
>>
So like what are they going to do?
Deny Georgia their generic cookie cutter cape shit sequels?
>>
>>67356804
They are probably doing them a favor.
The movies are capeshit trash anyway, and the ones who care can always pirate them.
>>
>>67358079
Nah it scares them to the point of projection. That place is a lost cause being dragged into the future, kicking and screaming.
>>
>>67358122
Why respond to yourself?
>>
>>67358149
I care a lot about the concept of a church being legally impelled to violate doctrine.

In fact it's L I T E R A L L Y an original cause of the American Revolution, so anyone who opposes it is basically going "lmao fuck George Washington #YOLO"
>>
>>67356996
>conservative fanbase
>comics fans

on which planet?
>>
>>67357762
This.

I mean SJWs always say stores can refuse concealed carriers/Open carriers because its a private business, so the same should would work for faggots.

inb4 "BUT YOU JUST CAN'T NOT BE GAY"

Bitch if SJWs always say that you can be genderfluid and shit then you can just "identify" as being straight. Or you can just not go to that store.
>>
>>67358132

If you went somewhere else you'd be a cuck.

You'd be letting someone trample on your rights like a little bitch.
>>
>>67358104
>needing the state's permission to sanction your relationship

That's not freedom
>>
>>67358177
It's not just the people that hurts, it's also the cinemas, capeshit films are some of the biggest money earners every year.

If a cinema is struggling to get by, this could finish them off
>>
>>67358157
>14th amendment ensures equal protection under the law
And the 13th amendment bars involuntary servitude.
>>
>>67358167
that's their choice, just like a bakery can refuse to serve gay people but suffer the financial consequences of not getting money from gay customers
>>
>>67358096
I wouldn't give a shit. Like I said you liberal shithead:
As long as you aren't infringing on other's rights it's fucking nothing. If a mosque wants to deny me entrance that is their fucking business.

It's not the same as say christians/muslims attacking and harrassing gays.
>>
>>67357633
>>67357762

This is part of what the civil rights movement put in place in the 60's. When you have entire communities of people that willingly discriminate and deny services to certain groups of people you effective prevent those people from being able to live and operate there, which creates segregation. The whole notion that "people should be free to deny services it's their private business" is all well and good if you think that it's just 1-2 small businesses per town that will bother to actively deny certain groups of people, but that isn't the reality of the world we live in.

As other people have said, this isn't really about religious freedom, it's about people wanting to discriminate against and punish gays and using the federal government to do so because they lost the supreme court case. This all probably sounds wonderful and right if you you too also hate gays, but don't mistake this for being some kind of pro-liberty legislation that is some kind of blow against a tyrannical government, it isn't that.
>>
>>67358140
Super marriage wouldn't be in any way a legal thing. The courts can rule like that about normal marriage because it's part of the law. Super marriage would just be a title that the church gives you.

Might as well sue the KKK because they won't give black people the title of Grand Wizard.
>>
>>67358200
But George owned slaves, anon.
>>
>>67358167
Then it would be in their interest to serve people.

It probably isn't in the best interest of a diamond store to hire an 18 year old black male
>>
>>67358208
If you pushed the issue in court you'd be beheaded.

Islam is extralegal.
>>
>>67358209
Kinda important when your partner is dying in the hospital and only family members and spouses are allowed to visit.
>>
>>67358127
>he doesn't have an Abdul's Cakes & Bakes in his theater
>>
>>67358028
>religious liberty
So if my religion says I can't serve black people it's okay not to serve them? That seems unamerican as fuck. My religion also says I can own slaves, so I can own slaves? You make no fucking sense. Religion should not be able to dictate laws or which ones you can follow.
>>
>>67358039
because most of them are christian/raised by a christian family
>>
Can we go back to hating niggers?
That seems a lot simpler than the bullshit we have today.
>>
>>67358152
If i was fired on the sole really that i'm an atheist or that i'm white (not that it would happens, but if i was black, or arab, or latino since it's in the US) i'd feel really discriminated.
It's ammoral and it should be illegal
>>
>>67358207
Surely you see the huge difference between walking around with a loaded gun, and being a gay?
>>
>>67357798
>"Right to Work" (which means "wageslaves can be fired for anything")

That's not what Right to Work is. RtW is a law that allows people in a union position to refuse to pay their union dues. Sounds fair on it's own, but it also obligates the union to continue to represent the worker, and the law's entire purpose is to encourage enough people to free-ride off of their unions that they eventually collapse.

It doesn't even work, but they keep passing these laws everywhere.
>>
>>67357564
Aaron Rodgers' been playing for years, anon.
>>
>>67358208
No, it's not your right to demand a service from someone. A service is like a contract, if one party says no there is no deal. And a party can say no for whatever reasons they see fit.
>>
Why aren't marvel banned their production in Russia then? Too scared?!
>>
>>67358235
>Might as well sue the KKK because they won't give black people the title of Grand Wizard.
Tell me why a black guy CAN'T sue the KKK to be named Grand Wizard?
>>
>>67358127
https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/muslim-bakers-dont-want-to-make-your-gay-wedding-cake-either-where-are-the
>>
>>67358197
I know opinions outside your hug box may seem frightening anon, but you're more than welcome to return there at any time.
>>
>>67358127
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgWIhYAtan4
>>
What do you mean I cannot marry a 6 year old? I didn't choose to be a pedophile, I was born that way, and its my constitutional right to marry according to my sexuality, this is outrage!
#triggered
#pedoshavefeelingstoo
>>
>>67358202
I can believe that the old-school, go-to-the-comic-shop nerds are conservative as fuck. The audiences paying for modern capeshit movies are not, though. Not by a mile.
>>
>>67358170
>you are forced to perform a gay marriage even if it's against your religion
How is this not trampling religious freedom?
>>
>>67358254

>not hating native americans

fucking newfag
>>
>>67358243
Then you use civil unions for that
>>
File: l_9.jpg (60 KB, 680x697) Image search: [Google]
l_9.jpg
60 KB, 680x697
>>67358122
>They are literally societies' cucks.

They're worse. Cucks at least serve a purpose. fa/tv/irgins give nothing back.
>>
>>67357798
>create a backdoor to civil rights legislation by inferring that freedom of religion gives business owners the right to deny service to those they find distasteful.
That's literally the most liberty-minded thing I can think of. Forcing a business to cater to people they find "distasteful" is the opposite of freedom.

People are equally free to boycott the business in retaliation.
>>
Gay marriage is only meant to destroy tradition and culture. Gays are promiscuous degenerates who aren't interested in monogamy anyways, there is no real reason for gay marriage to exist.
>>
>>67358277
Because it's not illegal...
>>
People should be free to be racist, sexist, homophobic, bigoted, and prejudiced as much as they want to to be without any legal consequences. If a business owner is refuses to do business with anyone. Let society decide if they should be punished by just not using their services. If anything, it would create even more economic opportunity because you can fill a niche other's refuse to. Surely a bakery who will serve everyone regardless of sexual orientation will do better than a Bakery who wants to stick to their beliefs.
>>
File: live_poker_kkk.jpg (343 KB, 1400x916) Image search: [Google]
live_poker_kkk.jpg
343 KB, 1400x916
>>67358235
>>
>>67358249
Who are you to determine what religion is? Why do your first amendment rights trump someone else's?
>>
>>67356996
D E L U S I O N A L
>>
>>67358282
Good post thanks for the You /co/
>>
>>67358300
If it's a civil union that affords the same exact rights as marriage then I would entirely agree with you. The issue is that in a lot of situations civil unions did not provide the same rights.

That, and you clearly understand the point of achieving legal sanctions for a relationship.
>>
>>67358296

>You are allowed to deny service at your establishment to someone who doesn't share your christian belief

How is this not trampling on Liberty?
>>
>>67358315
It's discriminatory hiring, it's illegal.
>>
>>67358215
If you think the provision is unconstitutional, scrutinize it yourself.

I'm just telling you the legal basis for reading analogous grounds into anti-discrimination laws.
>>
File: 1377245047705.jpg (109 KB, 783x377) Image search: [Google]
1377245047705.jpg
109 KB, 783x377
>>67358292
Hey pedoanon, I just happen to have a six year old right here you could marry :3

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3356084/I-ve-gone-child-Husband-father-seven-52-leaves-wife-kids-live-transgender-SIX-YEAR-OLD-girl-named-Stefonknee.html
>>
>>67358292
Marrying a 6 year old is different to marrying a fully grown person you fucking moron.

Gay marriage is between 2 consenting adults who love each other. 6 year olds aren't emotionally or mentally prepared to engage in sexual relations or potential lifelong commitments.

Now take your shitty false equivalences back to your inbred trailer park
>>
>>67356804
You neckbeards need to realize that your right to practicing religion ends when it infringes on others' rights. A church denying gay people a marriage is the same as a business denying goods/services to gay people, seeing as it's predicated on their sexuality alone and is thus discriminatory. You can't deny someone service because they're black, or gay, or a manlet.
>>
>>67358132
I wouldnt ignore it like a little bitch
>>
>>67358344
>being this BTFO over conflicting opinions
>>
>>67358275
Or China
>>
>>67358215
Which allowing people to buy stuff somehow means it's slavery?
>>
>>67358051
What part of private business do you not understand, you dumb faggot?

You say "but whats the problem with what two men do in the privacy of their home" and then in the same breath curse out people who want to use their property, fuck you cunt.

Freedom is a double edged sword, you don't just get the good things, you take everything it entails you commie fuck.
>>
>>67356804
Can someone tell me if I have this right?

The proposed bill basically says that if a gay or lesbian couple wants to get married at a particular church (or synagogue or whatever), that church can deny the couple on the grounds that it contradicts that church's beliefs, and the government can't step in and force the church to allow the wedding.

How the fuck is this even a big deal? Why would the gay couple not just go to a more progressive church? Why would you want to get married in a church whose doctrines specifically condemn your marriage?

Then again, why is the bill even being considered. Do the churches in Georgia really think they are going to have a bunch of lesbians forcing them to marry them? I know that Atlanta is a super gay city, but hell, I'm sure there are plenty of liberal unitarian churches or whatever that do gay weddings.

Are gay couples going to go force snake-handling Baptists to marry them just for the lolz?
>>
>>67356804
Disney is rolling in his cryogenic capsule.
The kikes have fucked up his company beyond recognition.
>>
>>67358249
I said multiple times, as long as you don't trample others rights yours should be secured:
Being free and not a slave is a right, you have ownership of yourself.
Being able to force a religious institutions to serve you despite it breaking their beliefs is not a ducking right
>>
>>67358369
Saying a Church is legally obligated to sin makes you into some kind of strawman Antichrist villain from a Chick Track.
>>
>>67358377
>If I get the last word in it means I win

Kek
>>
>>67358356
Pretty sure the KKK doesn't hire people. It's an organization, not a business.
>>
File: 1447732228982.jpg (139 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1447732228982.jpg
139 KB, 500x378
>"I should be able to discriminate against people because of muh religion, it's muh freedom"
>businesses decide not to do business in Georgia over bullshit law
>"STOP DISCRIMINATING AGAINST ME BECAUSE OF MUH BELIEFS, THAT'S NOT FREEDOM"
Damn, that's some poetic justice.
>>
>>67358356
It's not a company it's a private club
>>
>>67358305

We went through that whole fucking song and dance in the 60's, remember sit-ins? We've done this already.
>>
>>67356804
Too bad that law would never hold up in the Supreme Court, which if passed would almost certainly go to.
>>
>>67358379
they are allowed to buy stuff from willing sellers. you can't force someone to sell.
>>
File: donald-trump.jpg (455 KB, 4272x3204) Image search: [Google]
donald-trump.jpg
455 KB, 4272x3204
>>67358132
Fuck off Britcuck, you're supposed to be a white country, those Mudslimes should be deported.
>>
>>67358346
Then why not expand civil unions to be more accommodating and allow the culture to decide what definition of marriage it chooses to accept?
>>
>>67358380
>Freedom is a double edged sword, you don't just get the good things, you take everything it entails

Yet for decades right wing governments and parties voted against equal rights for gays. Funny that.
>>
>>67358317
But what happens when you're from a minority, like gays, and no shop wants to serve you ? You get fucked, and no one cares for you.
>>
>>67358275
>>67358378
What marvel films were shot in Russia or China?
>>
>>67358365
>6 year olds aren't emotionally or mentally prepared to engage in sexual relations or potential lifelong commitments.
That's not what my Chinese picture books say.
>>
>>67358351
Because as a business owner, you should have the freedom (liberty) to deny service to who you please.

it's bad for business to just boot people who would be paying customers, and that's fine too. everyone seems to think businesses should be blind to race and sex. that's the government's job. businesses should be free to discriminate amount their customers, just as they discriminate among their employees.

CRA needs to go.
>>
>>67358409
Nice strawman faggot. If Marvel don't want to make movies in a certain area of a country it's their right to do so.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.