[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jokes on you /tv/, you know why ? Everyone is still going to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
Jokes on you /tv/, you know why ?

Everyone is still going to see it and it will pass 1 billion worldwide within 2 weeks
>>
>>67356582
Bay could make worse movies like transformers 3 and 4 do that, but im convinced he used yellow magic
>>
>>67356582
is Cavill standing on a box in this picture?
>>
anyone else vape?
>>
>>67356582
So? Transformers racking billions, but it is still a turd of a movie. A golden polished turd.
We are living in the world where McD is the best selling burgers, Twilight and 50 Shades are best selling novels and the likes of Bieb, Minaj and Rihanna topping the music chart.
>>
>>67356582
What kind of appeal does this even have to normies? I cringed majorly when seeing the trailer of this in the cinema and imagining adults paying to see that.
>>
>>67357065

I just saw it. It really was garbage, and I really, really wanted to like it. I thought Lex Luthors pissjar was a meme, but nope.
>>
>>67356582
why would either of us care? It's not like the money's going in your wallet.
>>
For real.

I know about shitty reviews cause I read 4chan most of the day. But believe me, normies do not spend their afternoons in chinese boards to see the reviews of a movie that isn't even out yet to the public.
>>
>>67356642
>>>/lgtb/
>>
Ben Afleck looks goofy in that costume. Looks like a SNL skit
>>
>>67356926
Kali Yuga
>>
>>67356582
we'll see on sunday when the estimates come in. 120 M$ tops.
>>
>>67357550
The problem is that it looks bulky as fuck, and at the same time it looks like it's made of papier mache.
>>
>>67356582
>zack_snyder_sublimates_his_gayness.png
>>
It expect a decent opening weekend but a huge dropoff as the bad critical reception and poor word of mouth spreads
>>
>>67356582
That doesn't make it a good movie
>>
>>67356582
doubt it, it's going to 600 Million on par with Man of Steel.

WB will consider this a failure, to them this should have made TFA kind of cash.
>>
>>67356582
>and it will pass 1 billion worldwide
But will it? That is the question.

Imagine for a second that this does not make Avengers money. Hell, imagine if this doesn't even make Iron Man 3 money. What then?
>>
>>67356582
This will be Amazing Spiderman 2 all over again.
It will maybe do north of 700 millions $ if we're optimistic but even then it will still be seen as a failure by WB's board.
The repeated damage done to the DC Movie brand is the real problem here. WB's film-maker driven approach is proving to reach it's limits. Maybe its time to involve people from DC in a more significant manner and get rid of Snyder Goyer and co?
WB will not sell DC comics anyway, they know the potential is there to make greater business than this Snyder crap.
>>
since when /tv/ has been right about something? you guys forgot how you were talking shit about The Force Awakens? look how that turned out.
>>
>>67359599
i hated TFA, and i'll hate Batman v Superman
>>
>>67359599
>you guys forgot how you were talking shit about The Force Awakens? look how that turned out.

It was a boring Disney corporate product piece of shit that nobody talks about or remembers two months later and didn't even make as much money as Titanic?
>>
>>67356582
I know first hand this is true. I'm seeing but twice no matter how good it is once tomorrow night on acid so I can at least enjoy it once and one more time this weekend so I can comprehend how terrible the movie really is.
>>
>>67359648
>it didn't make as much money as the highest grossing film ever so it's a failure
Okay.
>>
>>67360259
Sorry, second highest grossing film.

TFA is the third highest grossing film ever. Hardly a failure.
>>
File: LosingMyShit.gif (873 KB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
LosingMyShit.gif
873 KB, 350x262
>1 billion in two weeks
>>
>>67359648
TFA beat Titanic in its first run. Titanic has been re-released 3 times so it's hardly a fair comparison
>>
>>67360431
Titanic has been rereleased once.

You're right, it's hardly a fair comparison. Titanic was released in 1997 when the average ticket price was $4.50, compared to TFA's average ticket price of $10. You don't want to talk about "fairness", because Titanic sold vastly more tickets than TFA even in its strongest market (U.S.), and laughably more overseas. It's not even a comparison.
>>
>>67360613
Titanic made 57 million on it's rerelease.

Titanic is still quite impressive.
>>
>>67360613
>TFA grossed 100 million less than Titanic therefore it sucks
>>
>>67360704
>>67360613
>>67360431

more importantly, Titanic is actually a good film and still holds up.
>>
>>67360704
Titanic made over $3b adjusted globally in its in initial theatrical run, including over $1.1b domestically. What does its rerelease have to do with anything?

>>67360721
It fails to have any merits as an actual movie, so the only thing left to discuss is its commercial success.
>>
File: vm5.jpg (409 KB, 1800x1080) Image search: [Google]
vm5.jpg
409 KB, 1800x1080
>>
>>67360834
And as commercial success goes, it's the 3rd highest.

It has grossed over 2 billion so far. That's a success.
>>
>>67360834
>What does its rerelease have to do with anything?
nothing at all, i was pointing out how insignificant the rerelease gross is compared to it's total worldwide. Titanic is still impressive if ypu subtract the rerelease numbers.
>>
>>67359558
>It will maybe do north of 700 millions $ if we're optimistic but even then it will still be seen as a failure by WB's board.
Specially beacuse it's the most expensive movie ever made. Paired with marketing budget this will be a disaster.
>>
>people said this about man of steel
>it didn't even get close to 1 billion

the traditional comic book audience will go see zootopia again
>>
>>67360948
>the most anticipated movie of all time with the backing of the largest movie franchise fanbase can only manage 3rd at the unadjusted box office
>>
>>67359599
>since when /tv/ has been right about something?
Where the fuck were you? /tv/ was saying this movie would be 10/10 "capekino" and would make more money than the avengers. Now it's tanking and the DCucks are on suicide watch while the shitposters are in a rampant ruse cruise.
>>
>>67361007
>i-it is s-star wars! it should have gotten at least 3 billion!
>>
>>67361007
Chinese hate ugly niggers, should have cast a good looking black man.
>>
>>67361007
>the most anticipated movie of all time
No.
>>
>Ben Affleck is 1.89

I always pinned him for being a Matt Damon type of character, literally playing characters made out to be larger than himself
>>
>>67361174
>1.89

How much is that with American years?
>>
It's probably going to do less than Deadpool.
>>
>>67361190
Fuck you I want it in microwave time.
>>
>>67361007
>the most anticipated movie of all time
it wasn't though. its announcement caught everyone by surprise and then people were just sort of cautiously optimistic about it.
>>
>>67361174
He's a large fellow
>>
>>67361193
>700 million
HAH no. It's going to break 1B minimum.
>>
>>67359558
>WB's film-maker driven approach is proving to reach it's limits.
A film-maker driven DCEU could be amazing. The problem is WB decided to hand over the reins to fucking Hack Snyder. After Man of Steel ended up being a huge disappointment they should've fired him and gotten a competent director.
>>
>>67361304
I didnt know this was a Civil War thread
>>
>>67361384
Civil war will do that too.

I'm a deluded cuck. Both BvS and Civil War will gross over a billion. It's inevitable.
>>
>>67361429

MoS made less than Deadpool.

This is getting even worse reviews.

1b is unlikely.
>>
>>67361429
Civil War will obviously gross over a billion.

BvS, I doubt.
>>
>>67361533
>>67361539
Because Superman sucks. But BvS has Batman in it. The majority of people don't care about RT reviews. They go with what their friends and co-workers say, and so far the average person has liked it.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.