[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman v Superman - neutral review
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
Okay I'm not from America so I dunno how the general reviews are over there, but I bet there are a lot of you who think a bunch of reviews are paid (either to make a positive or a negative review)

And for all of you who feel that way I have a legitimate neutral review. It's from a german (bavarian to be exact) radio station that usually focuses on science and culture so I was really surprised to see them do a review on Batman v Superman, because their target audience probably doesn't really care for that movie as it's mostly old history professors that tune it to that channel, but anyway here it is. I translated it to english, if you don't trust me you can ask any kind germanbro you know to translate it for you

http://pastebin.com/WfxQ6mAP
http://www.br.de/radio/bayern2/kultur/kulturwelt/film-batman-v-superman-superhelden-im-duell-100.html
>>
Oh and don't ask me why they call them Marvel heroes. They probably think all super heroes are Marvel
>>
>While Marvel movies like “Iron Man” or “The Avengers” mostly bet on humor, you never laugh in “Batman v Superman”. Both heroes are godly party poopers and take themselves super important
Why does everyone keep saying this shit? Superhero movies don't need to keep throwing jokes at you.

The point of heroes like Batman is that they take themselves 100% seriously.
>>
>>67355808

I already read the ''they need to be comedic like Marvel'' comment, dropped.
>>
>>67355959
>>67356007

It didn't say that the movie needs to be like them, but it points out that Marvel movies have that going for them. Meanwhile Batman v Superman has absolutely nothing going for it.
>>
>>67355959
>Superhero movies don't need to keep throwing jokes at you.

Stay mad, DCuck. Besides Deadpool, none of the Marvel movies are listed as comedy movies, so you don't even know what the fuck you are talking about.
>>
>>67356071
I actually count quips against the Marvel movies.

Winter Soldier was light on quips and it's definitely the best of the Avengers franchise.
>>
>>67356113

Well humor is subjective, but it's undeniable fact that Marvel movies are popular because of their humor and lighthearted characters
>>
>>67356007
I don't like quippy shit either but 90s comic book grimdark is far worse.
>>
>>67356153
And there was me thinking it was the kid friendly rating and constant explosions
>>
>>67355959
>taking a guy who runs around in a bat costume and a weird alien in a cape seriously

That's a mistake. The 90s comic book era proved that.
>>
>>67356176

Movies like Deadpool prove that the kid friendly rating does absolutely nothing to the popularity of Marvel movies.
And explosions? I don't even remember any memorable explosion scenes in the Marvel movies
>>
>>67356176
Aren't all of their films except Deadpool rated PG 13, just like the DC films?
>>
>>67355808
https://youtu.be/-uGniEbMdwI
>>
This guy abdolutely wrecks the film in such a surgical and precise manner.

That star rating does not reflect how little this guy thinks of the movie.
>>
>>67355959

You already need to have a high level of suspension of disbelief to even be able to watch superhero movies and to keep that the movies need to be very careful in handling problems. The problems all need to make sense in the respective universe.
Snyder treats these movies as if he wants to hande problems in the real world and that's when all the suspension of disbelief falls apart and it all just seems ridiculous and stupid.
>>
>>67356320

The star rating is for the article by users
>>
>>67355959

Because capeshit is by definition childish and silly. Turning into super serial grimdark edge for teenagers is contradictory.

Even the Burton Batman films understood this. While they were serious and realistic, they never lost that comic book tone and humor was still sprinkled throughout.
>>
>>67356354
Ah well then this is definitely a great review. His description of an 8 year old playing with toys was wonderful.

Thanks for translating germanbro
>>
>“Batman v Superman” is like an Eight year old letting his Batman and Superman plastic figures fight in his room. On the left he occasionally destroys a Lego hut, on the right he lets a toy dinosaur attack them and when it becomes just too boring, he snatches a Barbie in the room of his sister who also may play along.

RUTHLESS
>>
>>67356366

>Because capeshit is by definition childish and silly. Turning into super serial grimdark edge for teenagers is contradictory.

Wrong, you're retarded and you're a shitty person.
>>
>>67356366
Depends on the superhero.

Batman, Punisher, Superman, Wolverine, all those types of characters can't be humorous themselves. You can make jokes about how dumb the Hulk is, but his story arc is mainly Banner whining about being a monster. Nolan Batman proves that you can make a superhero movie that takes itself seriously and still be respected. Ledgers Joker is considered 'deep' rather than funny.

Daredevil, Gotham and Jessica 'Niggerfucker' Jones prove that you can have superhero trash take itself seriously.
>>
>>67356496

Is Jessica Jones really good? This article also praises it. I've never even heard that before. How does it compare to say Gotham (which I really liked)
>>
>>67356547
It's tryhard trash with a painfully obvious agenda, but that explains why it's popular.
>>
>>67356453

>Boys play with Batman and Superman and Dinosaurs
>Girls play with barbies

OMG SEXIST
>>
>>67356595
>agenda
Fuck off
>>
Just realised I did a mistranslation on the last sentence. He doesn't say "Even if not everything works" he said "Even though everything doesn't work" or "even though nothing works"

Fine but important difference.
>>
What the fuck is an advertising pillar
>>
>>67356366
DC is like that super try hard paintball guy
>goes paintballing
>whole bunch of people there including little kids
>completely decked out in camo and combat boots
>uses a paintball gun that looks like military issued weapon
>refers to his teammates as his squadron
>game? This is no game. When it comes to paintball I'm hardcore and don't you forget it

It's a game. Throwing your super serious attitude into it makes you look foolish and takes the enjoyment away from others. You can take it seriously and not make a big joke out of it but it's still only paintball. Same for BvS. It's a superhero flick. I'm not saying it should be filled with jokes and you can take it seriously. However there is a big difference between taking something and treating it in a serious manner, and treating it like its something different altogether.
>>
>>67356647
American SJW bullshit isn't as popular in Germany yet
>>
>>67356400

Yeah I didn't expect Bayern 2 to take it apart that ruthlessly. Well to be fair I didn't expect them to do a review at all. But I guess somebody told them that Batman v Superman was a sophisticated movie and needs to be reviewed by the "Knowledge and Culture" channel and man did they take it apart. They didn't have a single positive thing to say about the movie.

And usually they always find the good or interesting in something even the most boring things.
Like shit they did report why it's important to grow Soy Beans in germany and I was like "Fuck society needs to change, we need Soy Beans"
>>
>>67356943

Surprisingly accurate metaphor.

Reminds me of some video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDu1MmQfWIA
>>
>>67355863
>They probably think all super heroes are Marvel
>At the end of the article compares it to Marvel heroes

????
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.