[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DC vs Marvel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: shit vs shit.jpg (300 KB, 1000x992) Image search: [Google]
shit vs shit.jpg
300 KB, 1000x992
I don't understand why people care so much about this "competition"? Why be such man-children? Why can't you enjoy / hate both sides?
There only just a few really good superhero movies desu
>>
I like both DC and Marvel.
I like DC for fun adult movies and I like Marvel for fun popcorn flicks.

I don't understand these company wars.
>>
>>67355539
I like dark horse. Hellboy 1 and 2 and timecop were the bomb, yo
>>
Because DC fags are really pathetic. They think their movies are mature and made for adults just because they're dark and edgy.
>>
>>67355616
muh nigger
>>
>>67355539
I wish admins would restrict capeshit movies to /co/ and free this board of the bullshit entirely
>>
I'm just enjoying the shitposting.

The idea that people are getting so riled up over this is just too damn funny. I am loving watching these meltdowns and the damage control/excuses people are making for this shitfest. It's just an explosion of manchild tears and it's amazing.
>>
>>67355687
There is a truth to that, I agree.
On the other hand Marvel makes popcorn movies that really feel like comic adaptations but the problem is lazy writing; majority of the movies are plot hole ridden shit. "DC movies" also suffer from plot holes, but Marvel drones are worse because they defend it by saying "it's a comic book movie, turn your brain off".
Well, good to know your brain is already turned off so you can consume such trite shite and think it's good.
Back to DC, only good movies are Burton's Batman 1 & 2, BB and TDK.
MoS was OK imho, could've been much better.
Best superhero movies are Hellboy 1&2 and Blade 1&2.
>>
>>67355573
DC movies are not adult movies. Not of this shit is for adults. It's capeshit. The entire genre is devoid of artistic integrity. None of these movies are meaningful or philosophical or important. They are vehicles for studios and actors to make a lot of money. The people that think these movies are of any quality or are worthy of any real discussion are the same people that continue to read children's comics into their adulthood, never picking up a real book. The source material is schlock too - aimed at children. The reason critics prefer, or are more forgiving towards, marvel, is because those movies don't take themselves seriously. They are tongue-in-cheek and never stray too far towards self-importance. Capeshit that takes it's self too seriously is jarring at best and unintentionally hilarious at worst. These movies are not deserving of, or suited to, seriousness. It's silly. One of the few filmmakers that understood and embraced capeshit's campiness and fantasy is Tim Burton. Playing capeshit straight is embarrassing.
>>
>>67355539
>Why can't you enjoy / hate both sides?
Because one side is completely shit.
>>
It's not really a competition. It's preference that people take personaly.

I personally prefer marvel characters over DCs, but I acknowledge that DC has written better characters and better stories with these characters.

Movies however, it's not even a competition. DC is trash with their movies with one or two exceptions. Marvel started slow, building up their characters with their own movies, and good or bad, these movies helped us know who these characters are and what they are like so that we knew what was coming for the inevitable team up.

Like, imagine if Avengers was made and there were no solo Thor films. People who know what Thor is like expect a buff Nordic badass who speaks righteously and is fucking powerful. That's not what he's like in the movies and seeing Avengers as is without the first Thor movie would be off putting since we don't know anything about this fucking guy, let alone his evil brother trying to conquer earth.

This is ok with smaller characters like Hawkeye and Falcon, but DC only had 1 movie before setting up this universe. Cavill and the MoS cast are the only ones returning. Batman, wonder woman, lex, these are all new versions we haven't seen before being crammed into a movie expecting us to give a shit when they have a bigger teamup of people I still haven't seen yet.

DC has the content to make movies that could destroy marvel at any point, but they are so focused on making that profit that they just don't give a fuck.
>>
>>67355756
>>67355901
This.
>>
>>67356660
almost quads, sheeeiiittt

>but they are so focused on making that profit that they just don't give a fuck

Fucking this
Marvel makes pretty shit movies with no effort behind the script and still makes money off of brainwashed, retarded man-children.
DC gets greedy but doesn't have the patience to publish several movies (which can be much better) over the years and establish Justice League.
Fuck it, maybe in 30 years
>>
>>67356876
DC don't even make the right decisions from a monetary perspective.
>>
>>67355539
>I don't understand why people care so much about this "competition"? Why be such man-children? Why can't you enjoy / hate both sides?

Have you seen sports fans!?
>>
>>67356378

both are bad
>>
I hate both
>>
>>67358332
>Comparing sporting institutions to two brands of children's comic books and their respective manchild fanboys
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.