[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get a job as a film critic? Since it is clear you only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: critic.png (18 KB, 357x171) Image search: [Google]
critic.png
18 KB, 357x171
How do I get a job as a film critic? Since it is clear you only need a high school writing level.
>>
find a niche or a style of writing for you and go fuck yourself
>>
>>67355299
The best was Mara ((((((Weinstein)))))) saying it's a popcorn flick.

These people are shameless
>>
File: 1437224624840.jpg (442 KB, 2000x1087) Image search: [Google]
1437224624840.jpg
442 KB, 2000x1087
Step 1: don't be an assblasted DCuck
>>
shit posting on 4 chan and writing green text is an industry standard.
>>
>>67355299
Connections that you don't have because you're fat and gay
>>
By trying, something that 4chan is not good at.
>>
>>67355299

By writing more than shitposts and greentext you underachieving manchild.

Sorry that the mean critic is shitting all over your desperate bid to justify dragging your childish obsession into adulthood.
>>
>>67355299
Being jewish, having relations/connections, manage to make fags listening and agreeing with your opinion that you posted on your blog.
>>
If this doesn't pertain to BvS, then I'm asking the same question. It seems as if critics are going the Buzzfeed route of clickbait-y taglines that utilize poor humour to keep their reviews afloat
>>
File: 1309408343931.jpg (17 KB, 360x246) Image search: [Google]
1309408343931.jpg
17 KB, 360x246
>>67355692
OP here.
I don't have a dog in the fight, and the movie has looked like shit since the first trailer.

But fuck man....this guy's job is writing. That is all he has to do for his paycheck, and he writes THAT. This man is employed by a legitimate newspaper for god sakes.
>>
>>67355334
It is a popcorn flick, you dumb DCuck. Serious capeshit isn't any smarter than light-hearted capeshit.
>>
>>67355299
Wow this Lawrence is sooooo funny. His simile is hilarious
>>
>>67355299
You are writing an article about a popcorn movie, anon. Not lengthy essay about quantum theory for fellow scientists residing in The Large Hadron Collider.
>>
>>67355723
What this guy said. Just add -man or -berg or -stein or -baum to the end of your last name and change the first name to something kosher like Noah or Joshua.
>>
>>67355826
The guy is just saying it how it is.

It's funnier than the memes on /tv/ that get reposted 10,000 times.
>>
How do I get a job as a X?

Be the top 5% at X or know the right people
>>
The top critics are the only ones that matter (and they're mostly negative)

Some of the critics on there really shouldn't be allowed on there, they have people from random blogs or youtube that have no knowledge of film whatsoever.
>>
>>67355973
>>67355978
>>67356013
When you are employed to write I personally would expect something better than what a newfag /b/tard or some autist submitting his "Top 12 Ashamed Sex Scenes" article to Buzzfeed produces.

I guess I am just getting old
>>
>>67355299
The hivemind of /tv/ is perfect for the job.
>>
>>67356013
If you have a reddit sense of humor, yes.
>>
>>67355299
Are you talking about his mixing of single and plural
the pic made me smirk, even as someone butthurt about BvS
>>
>>67355299
You do realise they just take a small quote/summary from a larger review, right?
>>
>>67356437
It's actually worse if he chose that sentence to draw interest from people for his review.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.