[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
10 Cloverfield Lane
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (59 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
59 KB, 720x1080
Just got back from seeing this with my brother and it was very underwhelming. I mean some aspects of the movie were well done but others were half assed. The movie should have not shown the aliens because that's confirming aliens invaded when they should have kept it more to the viewer to decide.
>>
There was also some weirdo druggie who was randomly singing some song and looking at me as I exited the cinema. Don't know what his problem was.

Also is anyone gonna post or not?
>>
that's what was originally planned. however, jews like to make money, so for the weekend of work that it took to turn this 40-minute art film about fat white rapists into an hour and a half sci fi blockbuster so they can make $5 extra on every person who saw "cloverfield" and expected something else
>>
>>67354534
I think it should have been a low budget film with lesser known actors, Goodman is fine and all but the acting in the film leaves something to be desired. Also you know he's bad from the get go, it doesn't even let you decide if he's bad or not. And the other dude in the film should have enter the bunker after she got there, not before.
>>
>>67354308
Why the hell did Goodman's character go out of his way to look and act like a total rapist?
Like locking MEW up in the sex dungeon room instead of the common room
>>
>>67354621
the original script, screenplay- whatever, had Howard a more sympathetic and Michelle wasn't as fleshed out it also ended before any of that terrible alien shit. you could probably pick parts that were added after like the hardware story by the producers. shame, this movie could have been great instead of okay
>>
>>67354684
to establish dominance. he's the man of the house and kind of a weirdo
>>
>>67354308
It's legit a 8/10 movie until she hops out the bunker, it drops down to 5/10 right there.
>>
>>67354684
I actually loved Goodman's performance and I thought he helped carry the movie in all honesty. He nailed the whole mentally unstable-conspiracy theory-kidnapping murder vibe.
>>
>>67354763
Definitely, the movie ends when she gets out - Goodman was a way better and scarier villain than the aliens and the story is finished when he dies
>>
Shill thread?
Shill thread.
>>
>>67354842
i think everyone here agreed that aliens and jews are shit and that goodman is godman and if you say that again i'm going to fucking stab you
>>
>>67354803
Agreed. Just wish that they stuck to the original script instead of what we got.
>>
I figured the helicopter sounds were police helicopters looking for her. But I kind of liked the thought that she knew she fucked up when she escaped and realized she was safer in the bunker. I'd pretend to be his daughter, I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>67354886
10 SHILLVERFIELD LANE
GONNA' TORRENT THAT SHIT AND I STILL AIN'T GONNA' WATCH IT, NIGGER
>>
Why did Howard let Emmit into the shelter in the first place? Plot hole tbqh
>>
>>67355089
Didn't he say he forced his way in? That's why he's injured.
>>
>>67355089
he helped him build it?
>>
>>67355216
That's right.
>>
>>67354970
Going to have to agree, I loved the movie and I felt like the first 20 seconds of her getting out of the bunker were fine until the god damn aliens showed up and it just threw the previous hour and almost 30 minutes straight out of the window erasing everything good that the film had built upon previously
>>
File: smug.jpg (10 KB, 198x199) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
10 KB, 198x199
>>67355277
Maybe, but the alien bit was made even worse by her dialog. People laughed in the cinema when she said fuck or whatever she said after the alien ship blew up.
>>
Also why do people say Howard is a rapist when he took the other woman to replace his daughter?
>>
>>67355591
projecting their own fantasies
>>
>>67355689
That seems most likely, though this is 4chan so it's to be expected. Back to the movie, anyone think the music could have been better? I mean there's not much good tracks in the film.
>>
why did she never question why Howard chained her to the wall when he brought her into the bunker?
why did she flirt with Emett in that weird "pass me the pepper? *wink*" way after Howard had already got annoyed with him?

Some more exposition of Howard's loony alien theories would have been nice too. How did he know what was coming? Was he just a consipracy theory nut? The characters were evenly developed but there was something too simple for me about their dialogue and the dynamics of living in the bunker. The escape sequence was done pretty well though.

There's definitely an appeal to this universe they've created along with the first film. Rather than a chain of cookie-cutter sequels, future films could show entirely different stories of people dealing with this whole alien invasion thing (if indeed this is the same canon as Cloverfield)
>>
Heres my thoughts

FUCK OFF PROMOTING THIS SHITE FILM
>>
>>67356018
>why did she never question why Howard chained her to the wall when he brought her into the bunker?
Bad writing.

>why did she flirt with Emett in that weird "pass me the pepper? *wink*" way after Howard had already got annoyed with him?
I guess she wanted to annoy Howard, or she did it to get the keys.

How did he know what was coming? Was he just a consipracy theory nut?
He worked on satellites and heard an increase of traffic, he knew what was going down and went to the bunker. And yes he's a conspiracy nut since emmet said it.

>>67356077
It was good, not shite like you say.
>>
File: feelsgoodman.webm (143 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
feelsgoodman.webm
143 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>67355089
He fought he way in and Howard likes it when people have fight in them.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.