[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, this is pretty good.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Alien_three_ver1_xlg.png (615 KB, 814x1078) Image search: [Google]
Alien_three_ver1_xlg.png
615 KB, 814x1078
Hey, this is pretty good.
>>
no its not
>>
it's good until the shit-ass alien becomes a major part
>>
>>67352678
It just isn't. Maybe if Fincher wasn't booted off it could have been decent.
>>
nope
>>
Prometheus is better
>>
File: the BXC.jpg (275 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
the BXC.jpg
275 KB, 1280x720
>all these plebs who don't have a baldfu
>>
What are the actual reasons why people dislike this movie?

I haven't watched it in a while but I liked the setting and atmosphere, and how the approach went back to being a more horror movie like the first Alien instead of a more action movie like Aliens. Can't remember anything I disliked about it.
>>
>>67354356
It's depressing as fuck, and it's script is a mess
I still like it though
>>
>>67354356
i think it's cool to hate on alien 3. i don't know. i like it.
>>
The extended edition is fantastic. Not as good as the first one but better than Aliens for sure.
>>
>>67354356
It did make a lot of right choices, unfortunately the execution was rather mediocre and the final product ended up being less than the sum of its parts.
>>
>>67354356
>What are the actual reasons why people dislike this movie?

The people who dislike think the alien itself was CGI. That's how thick they are.
>>
>>67354356
changed the tone from Alien to Mad Max
messed up the overall story
killed Newt
horrible cg alien
etc
>>
>>67354356

It's a crappy remake of the first one with terribly cliche 90's caricatures and a dismal third act.

It's gorgeous though, pretty much any time I catch parts of it I just admire the set design and atmosphere. It's better then Resurrection at least.
>>
>>67354400

Yeah but wasn't that the point of it? To be depressing? It helps to create the atmosphere of helplessness.
Why is the script a mess? As I recall it was similar to the first movie, the alien is loose and Ripley has to survive. Then again, haven't watched it in a while so maybe you can tell me what was bad about the script and the next time I watch it I will judge better.

>>67354558
>>67354574

I didn't even remember the Alien was CGI.

What about the execution was mediocre?
>>
>>67354574
>>67354685
>The Alien looks terrible, like a really bad CG effect
>"UH ITS NOT CGI ITS A ROD PUPPET OKAY"
>So instead of bad CG, it's a bad rod puppet.

Anyone that defends Alien 3 is mentally ill.
>>
>>67354685
I didn't mean it was bad because it was depressing, but I think people had their hearts set on seen more adventures with hicks and newt. As for the script, it feels like there are chunks missing, even in the assembly cut, like how the eggs got on the Sulacco when the queen didn't have an ovipositor at the end of Aliens. They also started shooting before the script was even finished because Fox set an arbitrary release date.
>>67354811
The actual puppetry is good, but the compositing looks unfinished
>>
>>67354685
the way they built up Charles Dance into being an important character in the movie only to just off him in such a pathetic way was abysmal. he was the only likable character out of the prison gang except for the black guy. killing any of them was fine? but the character you spent half an hour fleshing out didn't even make it to the halfway mark of the movie? what the fuck
>>
>>67354356
I really enjoyed it, you have to watch the director's cut though, theatrical cut is garbage
>>
>>67356516
+1 This.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.