[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lest you forget.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: latest.jpg (54 KB, 634x598) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
54 KB, 634x598
Lest you forget.
>>
That's a big nose
>>
he's a big picard
>>
those are some nice lips
>>
I watched Nemesis recently. Why did people hate it so much? It's certainly flawed, but I got lot more out of the nature vs nurture theme of the movie than I got out of either of the 2 Abrams movies.
>>
>>67351723
For you
>>
You're a small guy
>>
>>67351302
He was also Twombly in Black Hawk Down.
>>
>>67351971

It was basically an overly dark remake of Wrath of Khan.
>>
>>67351971
Too much silly and fairly pointless action.
Has fat Data, turns him into dead Data.
Good themes, poor plot.
still better than insurrection
>>
>>67351302
Professor X is patrick stewart
Patrick stewart is captain picard
Captain picard is shinzon
Shinzon is tom hardy
Tom hardy is bane

Bane is professor x. QED.
>>
>>67351971
i liked it too
it did stray from their usual formula(which i like too)
>>
>>67352094
Are you fucking stupid?
It had nothing to do with genetic engineering.
He was cloned by the Remans.
If you compare that piece of garbage that Frakes directed (Insurrection), to Nemesis the film with Tom Hardy wins hands down.
>>
>>67352111
insurrection had kino space backgrounds best of any of the movies
>>
>>67351302
the 'lesser clone' trope can be unpleasant to watch, i.e. tom riker, luitenant picard
>>
>>67351971
>hate it so much? It's certainly flawed, but I got lot more out of the nature vs nurture theme of the movie than I got out of either of the 2 Abrams movies.
Just because its not the worst thing ever doesn't mean its good.

Also they did that story better in the series when Q gives picard a glimpse of his life where he never played dom jaat hew-mon.
>>
>>67352195
Too bad that's the only good thing it had.
>>
>>67352184

Thematically they're different but if you can't see how similar they are you're stupid.

>Film ends with obsessed, vengeful villain activating a weapon that will kill everyone until the smart guy on the team saves the day by sacrificing himself
>>
>>67351971
second best TNG movie after First Contact.

Yet there are major flaws. The first is killing off data in some hokey martyr way but leaving a copy of him behind 'just in case'. Fucking sad.

Second: gratuitous bullshit like Picard driving around on a planet in buggy because Patrick Stewart likes driving. Forget that hes a captain on a Federation Starship who likes tea and archaeology, nope, now he's a dude who like riding dunebuggies.

Third: all the pointless action bullshit that wan't committed enough to be something like Abram's Trek but far too much to be like the original show.

But no, the story was pretty good - even though it was tough for an audience to actually grasp it due to stupid shit like mind raping Diana Troi for the BILLIONTH time, and the absolutely convoluted B4 (hur dur) plot.

Shoulda just been the powerful premise, a Picard clone discarded by the Romulans on Remus who had a shit life and now wants revenge. Like you said, nature vs nurture. Hardy should have had the same PERSONALITY of Picard, twisted into psychosis. But in Nemisis not even Picard has Picard's personality anymore. So the message is nearly completely lost. Audiences who are wowed by all the action don't give two shits and audiences who are intrigued by the story have to ignore tons of discrepancies and confusing and stupid plot elements that have nothing to do with it.
>>
>>67351302
He's a bald guy.
>>
>>67352195

So space backgrounds makes it better than any of the other movies?
Thanks for your opinion on 1990s era CGI
>>67352284
So your argument is the ending is similar? The antagonists' had entirely different motivations.
I'll grant you that, but the stories can not be broached in the slightest.
Story + theme and you're talking about most of the film.
>>
>>67352290
oh, the icing on the shit cake that is nemesis? Picard's and Hardy's entire character boils down to being bald. That's literally it for any audience who aren't looking at it with nostalgia goggles from remembering the show.
>>
Daily reminder that this movie was so bad it turned Tom Hardy into a crack head.
>>
>>67352290
Expanding a bit on what this guy said.

Killing Data would be fine if they made it feel like it had some kind of point to it. This is one case where giving a super dramatic death would probably be appropriate- let Data make some speech about what he learned about humanity and why he's willing to make this sacrifice, otherwise its just like "oh, character ded".

The Dune Buggy scene is definitely the worst scene in the movie, I don't think even fans of the movie defend that part.

As for Shinzon, the best parts were when he was talking with Picard and it felt like he truly wanted to learn what it meant to be human. But at the end of the movie it just felt like he went all-in on being a genocidal maniac and there isn't a compelling reason other than "we need an movie-ending action scene". Maybe they should've made Shinzon say something like how maybe he wants to do good, but he owes the Remans too much now and he has no choice.

Maybe if they ended Shinzon with him helping Picard to stop the doomsday weapon it would work better in the context of Trek- that for all his suffering, he was still willing to be a good guy in the end.
>>
>>67352353
You are just a retard fanboy and belong on reddit.
>>
>>67352290
>now he's a dude who like riding dunebuggies.
To be fair, the only people who dont like driving dunebugies are the ones who never have.
>>
>>67352715
No u
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.