[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Harrison Ford asked that Han Solo die at the end of Empire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
>Harrison Ford asked that Han Solo die at the end of Empire during the carbon freezing process ... ...but his request was denied by George Lucas.

Why did he want to get out of the series?
>>
>>67350947
I think ford was always against this movie to begin with even though it launched his acting career
>>
>>67350947
because any serious actor doesn't want to get sucked up and labeled for life in capeshit tier blockbusters.
>>
>>67350947
Lucas was a temperamental hack

The only reason Star Wars came out good was because he was surrounded by producers who actually knew what they were doing

When Lucas became influential enough to use most of his own idea he made shit
>>
Ford literally has said he thought he should die for the other characters as redemption.

Only reason he came back was because they were killing him off
>>
>>67350947
Because I'm better than this...
But he never was.
>>
File: 1439423494062.jpg (64 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1439423494062.jpg
64 KB, 600x600
because ford is a based man who actually has real life skills and is not just a loser actor/director who can only make fantasy that manchildern like

seriously, why can't we go back to hating star wars and it's manchild audience?
>>
>>67350947

Ford felt that Han Solo's story was as good as told at the end of ANH, that there was really nowhere else to go with him.
>>
Because he was a serious actor who took his craft seriously. Nobody with talent really wants to make garbage for autistic manchildren.
>>
File: 10644-874-31990.jpg (25 KB, 416x304) Image search: [Google]
10644-874-31990.jpg
25 KB, 416x304
>>67351118
>"fantasy has no value and anyone who likes it is a manchild"
>spends his time complaining about it on image boards
>>
The thing is... why keep him alive? The only important thing he did in ROTJ was opening a door. He was barely there.
>>
>>67351188
That's why he didn't do the remake
>>
>>67351188
harrsion ford isn't a serious actor at all, hell all actors are basically man childern.

I mean instead of learning a real trade they learned to pretend
>>
>>67351118
i don't even want to know your tastes, frogposter
>>
because harrison ford had better stuff to do

and the han solo character has no where to go, his arc was complete
>>
>>67351385
Acting is an art faggot fight me irl
>>
>>67351269
he also got the girl in the end. im sure he also did something else in episode 6 but i cant recall
>>
It’s worse than that, it’s a young Han Solo.

Don’t do it. First it seems like everything’s going swimmingly, and you put in 25, 30 years, and then they just let you go. And they show you the door and say, ‘We’re done with you, thanks very much.’

- Harrison Ford.
>>
>doesn't want to be typecast
>impersonate the same meme lone-fugitive/agent/president-against-everybody character for the last 20 years
>>
>>67351443
>Don’t do it. First it seems like everything’s going swimmingly, and you put in 25, 30 years, and then they just let you go. And they show you the door and say, ‘We’re done with you, thanks very much.’
>- Harrison Ford.

People are done with Ford because he was a cantankerous old grouch. He's always piss about something. He should have just retired like Gene Hackman, he's got enough money.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.