[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
They fucking played Russian Roulette with three bullets twice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: russian-roulette-the-deer-hunter.jpg (510 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
russian-roulette-the-deer-hunter.jpg
510 KB, 1920x1080
They fucking played Russian Roulette with three bullets twice in a row and managed to survive both times. How in the fucking fuck?
>>
>>67348921
They were dumb enough to not stagger the bullet placement and put them in next to each other and just got incredibly lucky.
>>
I've played with spent cartridges before. I've topped that feat numerous occasions.
>>
It's a plot luck, you dumb brit.
>>
>>67348991
Except you have zero proof to back up this childish claim.
>>
(3/6)x(3/6)
>>
>>67348980
Putting the bullets bunched together is safer as long as you spin with the barrel at the top. Even with only 1 round, the chances of the first shot being live are significantly less than 1/6 with the barrel at the top.
>>
25% survival rate
>>
>>67348921

Russian roulette always works out exactly as the characters want it to in tv shows and movies. It's total bullshit, but that's suspension of disbelief for you. For instance, Tom Horn had a 50% chance of killing Lizzie Borden in that show, but of course he didn't, because she can't die if the show is to continue.
>>
>>67349049
Three altogether pulled to the bottom by gravity will give you a better chance of the 3rd shot being live though, which was important in Deer Hunter.
>>
>>67349132
Landmine Goes Click has a really realistic depiction of Russian Roulette. Really caught me off guard when the gun went off.
>>
>>67348921
5 out of 6 doctors agree that Russian Roulette is completely safe.
>>
>>67348921
its a 25% chance anon.
>>
greatest film of all time
>>
>>67349187

>Loaded gun
>pull trigger
>gun goes boom
>caught me off guard

You sound like you haven't spent a lot of time with guns. I should go back to /k/ where I belong. Thanks for the suggestion, though, I'll check it out.
>>
>watching russian movie about soviet russia
>suddenly a russian roulette
>the villain wins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnaLdb7EE2A
>>
>>67349368
What are you talking about faggot. The previous post was mentioning how in movies when characters are participating in Russian roulette the game is normally carried out to the extremes without the gun going off for the sake of dragging the suspense out for as long as possible / so the characters can live as long as possible for an opportunity to escape or whatever. So when characters are playing roulette it's a complete surprise to see it go off so early.
>>
>>67349288
It's top notch for sure, with an unbelievable cast. Too bad the director had to go crazy and kill a whole stable of horses.
>>
>>67349453

I'm talking about real life. If you have a gun, and it has a bullet in it, and you pull the trigger, you shouldn't be surprised if it goes off. Even if it's only a 1/6 chance. Treating every gun as if it's loaded is one of the first rules of handling guns.

You're right, though, I'm just being an asshole, obviously TV doesn't work like real life and a game of roulette being portrayed realistically would be surprising.
>>
>>67349288
One of the most emotionally shattering films I've ever seen. Best Walken performance also.
>>
>>67349288
Honestly one of the most overrated films ever
>>
>>67349288
My favorite war film
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHkSDJmSgqo
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.