[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /tv/ seem to dislike Rick and Morty? Is it just to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: nEuLabv.jpg (82 KB, 794x708) Image search: [Google]
nEuLabv.jpg
82 KB, 794x708
Why does /tv/ seem to dislike Rick and Morty? Is it just to be contrarian when leddit likes it?

It's smart, funny and pushes boundaries. While season 2 was markedly not as good as the first, it's still one of the best new shows in years.

Some things are popular because they're good.
>>
I'm gonna push your boundaries, OP
>>
>>67340115
I didn't even know that Reddit likes this show desu, I enjoy it tho
>>
Autistic people have a lot of free time to complain on the internet about popular things that really grind their gears for some inane reason without really giving a reason to it at all.
It's nothing more, nothing less. Just a vocal minority trying to get a rise out of people.
>>
>>67340148
Ohh wheee, sounds fun! :^)
>>
It isnt smart and it isnt funny.

I don't give a fuck about reddit. I care about autists trying to tell me this and bojack mememan are good shows when they arent.
>>
>>67340115
>Is it just to be contrarian when leddit likes it?
Yes. Many /tv/ posters just shitpost what everybody else is shitposting.
>>
The fans are obnoxious faggots. Like MLP.
I'll probably still check out the show eventually. But you faggots are one of the worst fanbases currently around.
>>
>>67340115

I literally heard somr faggot say it was better than South Park. Some faggot who only watches shows like Attack on Titan, Walking Dead, loves MCU, thinks Bioshock has a "deep" story, thinks Vidya has better stories than film and thought Amazing Spider Man was better than Raimi's trilogy because "it was faithful to the comics" even though he doesn't actually read them. If this is the demographic that watches this show, I'll stay away from it as long as I can. Plus the trailers are absolute cancer.
>>
>>67340115
I dislike it because I didn't find it funny and found myself reacting negatively to a lot of the attempts at humor.
>>
>>67340115
I can't bear cheap toonboom animation. Just make it live action if you're gonna put all your effort in to writing and zero in to animating
>>
>>67340225
go back to video games you ignoramus
>>
>>67340281
Are you stupid? Honest question
>>
>>67340281
animation is expensive but sci-fi live action is even more expensive and won't look as good

animation also allows you to go crazier with your visuals and writing
>>
>>67340115
It's disrupting the purity of Adult Swim as an institution.
>>
>>67340115
The show is the definition of Reddit though.
>It's smart, funny and pushes boundaries.
No
>it's still one of the best new shows in years.
No
>Some things are popular because they're good.
Not this one.

Bad post overall imho tbhyf
>>
>>67340336
Can you at least attempt to troll? It's 2 in the morning, I'm drunk and this whole thread is "loaded". That's really all you have?

Fuck off. You probably do love rick & morty because even ironically nobody is faggot enough to say ignoramus.
>>
File: 1393619215513.jpg (387 KB, 1011x1385) Image search: [Google]
1393619215513.jpg
387 KB, 1011x1385
>watch all of Rick and Moreddity
>2 episodes left watch the end credits and find out they do little gags afterwards
>too lazy to go back and watch all the previous ones

Fuark lads
>>
>>67340401
Phew, good discussion. Way to dispute those points, cowboy. Thanks for your input.
>>
Rick isn't funny.
>>
>>67340423
I like BoJack not Ricky Mort you drunk doofus
>>
>>67340437
>points
lol
>>
>Why does /tv/

The answer is always going to be "because /tv/ is shit," anon. Every time, to every question. Just stop pretending you don't already know this.

I'm just here for the Eva Green webms.
>>
The show is for fat titty boys who need comfort and reassurance
>>
>>67340115
honestly I don't find RIck and Morty funny but I love it anyway
>>
I've not really seen many posts from people actually hating on the show or writing

Most of the negativity comes from people complaining about the "fanbase"

Which is weird because there aren't many Rick and Morty threads made here on /tv/ and when there is one, it usually goes down in flames with a ton of shitposting and endless replies saying "reddit"

So I can only conclude the "fanbase" these posters are bumping into are largely outside of /tv/ - perhaps on other websites, or IRL at school, university, through friends, etc.

And if you have a life outside of /tv/, or visit any websites outside of /tv/, you are a fucking traitor and need to get the fuck off my board
>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>/co/
>>
>>67340341
no, would rather watch a cartoon where effort has gone in to the animation

>>67340364
sure but even other adult swim shows have 10 times better animation than rick and morty, it really wouldn't be hard to make it better than it is
>>
Compare Rick and Morty with something like ATHF or 12 oz mouse.

One is Reddit, one is 4chan. That is all.
>>
>>67340115
>pushes boundaries

Nothing on mainstream television will ever "push boundaries"
>>
File: 1435647742506.jpg (166 KB, 900x948) Image search: [Google]
1435647742506.jpg
166 KB, 900x948
>>67340336
>>
>>67340717
On the contrary.
Adult Swim is a network conceived to do exactly that and get away with it because it's sufficiently obscure / animated.

Rick and Morty might be the first show they've produced that doesn't feature the kind of boundary pushing that its other shows have.

see>>67340659 (me)
>>
>>67340115
Shit lazy animation style

If you are going to animate something, don't be a half as sing piece of shit
>>
>>67340649
>even other adult swim shows have 10 times better animation than rick and morty

Outside of Venture Bros., thats not even true.
>>
>>67340477
yeah me too I think people don't like bojack cause they think is just a comedy wich desu bojack isn't even funny I watch it for the story
>>
>>67340251
People obsessively dissing the show are infinitely more annoying than the fanbase. As far as shitty fanbases go, Rick and Morty's is pretty tame.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.