[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
itt: classic Simpsons episodes you hate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: Bv1w3QSIcAE9pDt.jpg (23 KB, 515x507) Image search: [Google]
Bv1w3QSIcAE9pDt.jpg
23 KB, 515x507
itt: classic Simpsons episodes you hate
>>
Dancing Homer.

Maybe I'm just crazy but I swear they used to play this episode in Australia a disproportionate amount compared to the other episodes.
>>
Not a classic episode but I hate the episode when Maude dies.

I remember feeling sick because it was Homer's definitive moment of having gone from lovable oaf to complete retard that got someone killed.
>>
The one where lisa gets friends on that vacation trip.

Oh and 3D homer.
>>
>>67338231
You're shit.

>>67338260
I've always held the same suspicion, shit episode.

>>67339404
It wasn't Homer's fault though.

>>67339618
Like, you know, whatever.
>>
>>67339404
what about grimes?
>>
homer's phobia. the episode itself had some pretty mediocre jokes compared with the rest of the season. also some of the things homer said felt out of character and didn't make any sense.

it was just edgy for the time and i dont think thats enough for it to qualify as great satire. i feel the same way about the south park scientology episode.
>>
>>67339910
But it gave us the classic steel mill scene.
>>
>>67340051
i didnt like any of that either
>>
>>67340152
> BE NICE!
>>
File: 1407325366344.jpg (96 KB, 630x475) Image search: [Google]
1407325366344.jpg
96 KB, 630x475
Homerpalooza. Even though it contains this gem and a few other decent jokes.
>>
>>67340299
Adding to this, Homerpalooza is the earliest episode I can think of that doesn't feel like classic Simpsons. It's season 7 but feels like it could have been a season 12 or 13 episode.
>>
>>67339774
not him, but that was the exception. at grimey's funeral, homer says something stupid and everyone laughs it off like it didn't matter. maude's death isn't treated with the same levity and makes it feel like a real death instead of a cartoon death.
>>
>>67340152
Well to each his own I guess. It wasn't a strong episode I'll admit but I did enjoy some of the jokes.
>>
>>67340342
>>67340299
Well it really doesn't help that the setting is completely dated now
Homer's Smiling Politely line still always cracks me up though
>>
>>67338231
"DESTROY THE SLAB"
>>
>>67340299
Ottos halucanation was worth it
>>
>>67340620
The difference was grimes killed himself, Maude was killed by homer (though accidental, it's still a bit much for the Simpsons)
>>
>>67341172
grimes killed himself because of homer, but homer didnt have any malicious intent, he was just being homer. same with maude's death. the difference between the two is the aftermath.

i think grime's death worked because the show brushed it off like it was nothing and was self aware of its absurdity. maude's death was treated way too seriously and should have never happened anyway.
>>
all of the halloween specials

too bad the newer ones are shit
>>
>>67341308
>grimes killed himself because of homer
Right, but he still killed himself (in a very comical way). Maude's death was directly caused by homer.

Maude was a character that had been on the show since forever, been very nice and sweet and nothing about her death was comical about it. She just got knocked off a roof and fell to her death. There was no irony to it like grimes, or even build up.
>>
Every sideshow Bob episode
>>
>>67341731
never got the hype behind cape feare
>>
>>67341731
Fucking pleb
>>
The michael jackson/lisa's birthday one, fuck that episode. Seen it replayed too many times and it's just too fucking glurgy and barely any noteworthy gags. The only things worth remembering were Homer's pink shirt and the NOT CRAZY stamp, all the actual MJ bits were dull and tepid as fuck.
>>
>>67339404
I expected a subplot about Ned suing the stadium to add a back fence to the bleachers and then going all safety-conscious like Homer did in that one very early episode as a way of dealing with grief.
Maude dying happened about two seasons after classic Simpsons btw.
>>
>>67343004

pleb
>>
File: Snapchat-430095525021332030.jpg (172 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-430095525021332030.jpg
172 KB, 720x1280
>>67338260
https://youtu.be/DuQAN2SMbiY
just squeezed
>>
File: CWDOdOgWIAAdXlj.jpg (31 KB, 520x498) Image search: [Google]
CWDOdOgWIAAdXlj.jpg
31 KB, 520x498
>>67338231
I wasn't the only one terrified by this episode as a kid

Right?
>>
File: here.jpg (90 KB, 562x586) Image search: [Google]
here.jpg
90 KB, 562x586
>>67343218

Reminds me of something we would have had here in Britbongistan around that time 2bh
>>
>>67343244

I'm pretty sure that episode single-handledly stopped me from watching X-Files until very recently, as well as multiple other things with spooky aliens, primarily Greys.
>>
>>67338260
>>67343004
I don't hate these, but they're probably the weakest classic episodes.
>>
Marge be Not Proud and Bart Sells his Soul. Even Thrillho and I. Ron Butterfly can't save them.
>>
>>67338260
>they used to play this episode in Australia a disproportionate amount compared to the other episodes.

This is true, I think.
>>
>>67338260
>I swear they used to play this episode in Australia a disproportionate amount compared to the other episodes
I used to feel the same way about the episode where Homer and Bart get lost in the woods. It was the only season 1 episode I would see aired regularly.
It would annoy me as a kid because the animation is pretty bad in that episode.
>>
>>67343855
>you look like a GOD, sort of. Are you Roman?
>>
Always sighed when Mr. Bergstrom episode came on as a child
>>
>>67338231
I knew Alan Moore was on an episode of Simpsons, but I didn't know Frank Miller was.
>>
>>67339910
Homer's Phobia is really funny, though.
>>
I kinda always felt that the Freemason episode was weaker than others.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.