[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How accurate is this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
How accurate is this?
>>
"im 16 and my taste is so fucking superior" starter pack tier
>>
>>67332785
This is terrible and I really hope it's bait because otherwise I feel bad for you.
>>
>>67332785
German expressionism was as artful, if not more so, than french new wave
>>
File: shit.jpg (487 KB, 1500x1434) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
487 KB, 1500x1434
>>
It's outdated. Television has gone back to shit.
>>
TV is artless garbage-tainment. 'the fuck out of here.
>>
>>67333055
>nazi detected
>>
>>67332852
Thanks for the kind words man. I'm the second speaker from the neg. I get that I'm not a debate god, I do. But, I'm proud of this win. I'm self taught (as in, I've got no coach, I've never been to a debate camp, and I've learned most everything on my own), which makes this state win pretty exciting for me. But hey, I took 3rd at one (and only lost to the champions of Washington State; the RFD? I had too many contentions, I had 3, and my opponents had 3, but one of my judges just got "tired of flowing my case"). I took second at another one, and bid. (2-1 for Millard North JL. The round was close, but one of the coach-judges told the tournament director in front of our parent chaperone that he'd circled the ballot for them because I'd knocked out his school's A-Team earlier in the tournament. The director couldn't find another judge as it was 1 in the morning. But hey, I might've lost that one with a clean judge.) The third I mavericked. I beat one of the top teams in the country, as well as a few top California teams. I lost a legit round to Green Valley, I screwed that one up bad. The round I lost to Harker BC was much closer (who, I thought weren't quite as good speakers, but had better analysis than HL, everyone's got different strengths and weaknesses), and the judge told me he would have picked me up if I'd multiplied a number by 6 instead of telling him to multiply that number by 6 in the Final Focus. I took top speaker, and as the bottom seed I beat the top seed 3-0. They wouldn't let me advance because I was a maverick, but hey, the team I beat bid at the tournament. I've gone to 15 tournaments this year. I've finaled at 13 of them. Of those 13, I've won 11. 10 of those I won with a novice, and I placed 2nd and 3rd at my other two national tournaments with a novice. I'm not a good, but I've been successful enough, and I have and can beat a lot of top teams on those circuits. And hey, for the fun of it, hit me up. I'll beat you too bro. 3-0.
>>
>>67333093
2016 television is worse than 2012 television, but nowhere near as awful as 2002 television

The Sopranos and the Wire were great shows, but essentially the only programs worth watching from their era. The past 5 years have seen a dozen shows nearly as good (or arguably better) than those two
>>
>>67333055
way more. same goes for czech new wave, which had purity and purpose beyond "muh rebellion".

i would go so far as to say that the only french new wave director of any merit/value was bresson, and even his meme spouting try-hard contemporaries knew it which is why they kept rallying around and borrowing from him while he would try to sort of hold them at arms length and do his own thing.
>>
File: free shrugs.jpg (339 KB, 571x540) Image search: [Google]
free shrugs.jpg
339 KB, 571x540
>>67333113
>>
>>67333254
dumb animeposter
>>
>>67333104
are you living in 1990?

Cinema is worse than television these days. Funding for independent pictures has almost entirely dried up. 10cl's $15 million budget was an anomaly -- in the Hollywood of today, a film is either $2 million or $200 million. There's very little middle ground.

The rise of the teenage and foreign markets have corporatized American cinema, removing power from auteurs and thus paring artistry from the industry. While great films are still being made, they nearly all pander to less appreciative tastes.

Increasingly, mediocre films like Brooklyn or Spotlight receive wild praise just for taking themselves seriously not including explosions.
>>
>>67333209
Godard and Trouffaut were much more talented than Bresson
>>
exactly this. the business model in Hollywood is just a pleasing picture, good photography (see the Drive and Madmen meme that the plebeians adore). The script, the dialogue, the actor game and the direction are not valued. they never were given the eternal drought of creativity from Hollywood.
>>
>>67332785
>French new wave
>the peak of cinema as art
Embarrasing bait. Even Scorsese's early films are much more profound. Also Bergman, Antonioni, Fellini and Tarkovski are ridiculousy superior
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (76 KB, 1417x781) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
76 KB, 1417x781
>>67332785
>French new wave
>>
>>67332785
How are you defining "artfulness"?
How are you plotting points on this? They seem very arbitrary.
>>
“cinema is dead,” Roberto Rossellini
>>
film graph is all kinds of retarded
tv is fine I suppose
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.