[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your favorite theater to go watch movies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9
File: 2016-03-22-20-22-25--376600005.jpg (15 KB, 282x179) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-22-20-22-25--376600005.jpg
15 KB, 282x179
What is your favorite theater to go watch movies?
>>
alamo drafthouse
>>
AMC, it's close to me, clean and the service is usually pretty good.
>>
>>67332070
I envy you.

I go to a theater that's a little out of the way. Tickets are $8 and seats are big and leather.
>>
>>67332048
I always LOVE the theater in Aurora, however I quit going their when I saw the Dark Knight rises because when I got there, I had to sit in the theater with dead people and it really ruined my movie going experience. The smell was so bad I couldn't finish my popcorn. I gave them 2 stars.
>>
My local kinohouse. I love the smell of honey-beezwax beard grease permeating the air, and the sound of soft classy jazz in the lobby. Great discussions with great people to be had in the lounge, too, and sometimes even a senior film school graduate makes an appearance and offers some fantastic insight. The atmosphere is unforgettable - it's what let my passion for film come to fruition, and what motivated me to pursue an education in film school.
>>
File: 1458575216320.png (147 KB, 317x350) Image search: [Google]
1458575216320.png
147 KB, 317x350
None, all the theaters near me have a no singles policy.
>>
>>67332048
>Popcorn Loyalty Shirt
>Loyalty Cup

Based Harkins. There is no other choice.
>>
>>67332077
Pretty much same.

There's a small Landmark theater really close to me that I love though. Got friends that work there.
>>
>>67332048
Anyone with showers and personal bidets
>>
>>67332048
THE ONE WITH THE BIGGEST SCREEN

AMC HAS THE BIGGEST IMAX HERE, SO AMC

THEY BOUGHT IT FROM SONY WHO BOUGHT IT FROM LOEWS
>>
>>67332070
This, even though I hate fatfucks who eat in theaters
>>
>>67332070
Is that a good place?
>>
>>67332222

Nice quads.
>>
>>67335938
Is it a real IMAX? Most AmC theaters have fake imaxs
>>
regal or sundial
>>
any as long as the neighborhood is WHITE
>>
>Came from a town with a single three screen theater, perma sticky floors and roaches in the popcorn.
>Move to a bigger city with an AMC. 24 fucking screens.
>Have religious experience seeing Return of the King as the only LotR I saw in theaters

Good shit. When all the hoodrats started hanging out in the plaza and petty crimes went on they started a massive anti-loitering policy.

Now some smaller chain called Paragon opened way closer to me with sweet seats and a bar. Ain't going to the AMC much.
>>
File: imax reserved.png (45 KB, 442x631) Image search: [Google]
imax reserved.png
45 KB, 442x631
>>67336109
>Is it a real IMAX?
THE RILLEST

LIEMAX RETROFITS ARE USUALLY BIGGER THAN REGULAR THEATERS BUT THEY REALLY SHOULDN'T BE CALLED IMAX

IMAX IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT BEAST
>>
>>67336261
You alright, man. You know what a fuckin' IMAX is.
>>
The only decent theater in my entire city is Galaxy Cinemas.

It's overpriced and dirty but the seats are nice and the screens are big.
>>
File: 4321414.jpg (61 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
4321414.jpg
61 KB, 400x300
single screen theater. p comfy though
>>
File: thumb.940x470.VistaTheatre.jpg (111 KB, 940x470) Image search: [Google]
thumb.940x470.VistaTheatre.jpg
111 KB, 940x470
Locally; The Vista, as I can practically see it from out my window. Nice place, old school, great staff, prices, popcorn etc.

My favorite theatre in the entire city is the Majestic Crest way the hell over in west L.A. but it's only an occasional revival theatre/special event place now and no long has a normal movie circuit.
>>
>>67332048

Imax at Jordan's Furniture (tempur pedic seats with sound amps + giant screen)

Or

Showcase Cinema (fewer but superior seating than AMC, regardless where you end up)
>>
Marcus is pretty based. Dunno if they're a national chain but there are a couple by me.

>$5 Tuesdays
>Lay-Z-Boy leather reclining seats that tilt alllll the way back
>Their theaters are way out in the 'burbs so you don't have to deal with hood-rat city kids "on they cell-phones"

Pretty awesome. They don't serve alcohol but that's nothing a flask of your favorite drinkable can't fix.
>>
File: ArcLight Hollywood Entrance.png (227 KB, 475x300) Image search: [Google]
ArcLight Hollywood Entrance.png
227 KB, 475x300
>>
File: mosi.jpg (117 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
mosi.jpg
117 KB, 640x427
In Tampa, we have Mosi.
>>
I can be there in 10 minutes.
>>
>>67337026
Don't forget $5 student Thursdays. You can buy the tickets online and just click student.
>>
>>67332048
There's this drive-in theater about a county away. I fucking love going there. Nothing like sitting in your car and watching a movie. And if some maniac starts shooting, you can just run him over.
>>
>>67332048
i wish i had a amc in my town.
>>
File: Jordans_Furniture,_Reading_MA.jpg (163 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
Jordans_Furniture,_Reading_MA.jpg
163 KB, 1920x1280
The Jordan's Furniture IMax in Reading MA.

It used to be even better when they had the big chairs but they got rid of them to allow for more people to sit in there, the chairs are still max comfy and still have an individual bass unit per chair as well as an Imax 4K laser system which is one of the first in the country. The whole thing is unbelievable but getting out to Reading from the Harvard campus is tricky sometimes.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.