[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Trek: How 2016 will be the Year of Hollywood Bombs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: Apple_iFleet.jpg (119 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Apple_iFleet.jpg
119 KB, 1920x1080
It's confirmed that BvS is a grimdark clusterfuck, Fembusters is generating unprecedented public backlash but let us not forget the other fucking travesty being released this year. Star Trek Beyond.

With its ol' skool rap and "sweet" motorcycle jumps, everyone involved should be ashamed and we here at /tv/ surely can well up a little extra hate to ensure this ends up another of this year's big Hollywood blunders.
>>
don't forget x men apocalypse aka dragonball evolution 2: battlefield earth boogaloo
>>
>>67331454
>dragon ball 2

HELL YES
>>
>>67331454
Also Warcraft movie & Assassin's Creed movie. Video Game movies are almost always shit. As in maybe only 2 or 3 make it into the okay at best territory.
>>
File: bryan fuller.png (371 KB, 666x341) Image search: [Google]
bryan fuller.png
371 KB, 666x341
>>67331386

Who gives a shit, this man will save Trek. Thank you based homosexual.
>>
>>67331684
Karl Urban's gay? Because he's the only one doing service to the source material.
>>
File: bryan fuller's star trek.jpg (64 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
bryan fuller's star trek.jpg
64 KB, 960x540
>>67331713

I'm not referring to that clusterfuck jj abrhams nonsense. I am of course referring to the TV show Bryan Fuller is showrunning, the new Star Trek TV series.
>>
I think Star Trek Beyond looks awesome. It looks like what the first one of the reboot trilogy should have been.
>>
File: meyer.jpg (770 KB, 1010x1159) Image search: [Google]
meyer.jpg
770 KB, 1010x1159
>>67331684
>>67331755
you posted the wrong guy, ftfy
>>
>>67331454
Fuck, this.
BvS and CW both will make money and their trailers made everyone talk about it.
Literally nobody cared when they released a trailer a week ago.
>>
>>67331763
star trek beyond does look to potentially be the best.
No Grimdark BS like Into Darkness, and no Roberto Orci/Alex Kurtzman writing the script.

Simon Pegg actually can write
>>
File: STContinues.jpg (235 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
STContinues.jpg
235 KB, 1920x1080
>>67331755
ohhh is he the guy who does the TOS crowd funded fanseries on YouTube? That guy has his Shatner shtick down pat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJf2ovQtI6w
>>
>>67332011
Nigger, they canned the first script Simon Pegg wrote because it was too ''Star Trekky'' and they wanted to bank in as much money as Avengers.
Plus they introduced an entirely new character with reshoots.
>>
File: really.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>67331763
>>67332011
this is a joke, right?

IT WAS JUST A PRANK??

g-guys??
>>
>>67331386
So when Hollywood finally goes belly-up because American reviewers are too stupid to support the industry by giving good reviews, what industries will America have left? Obama destroyed manufacturing, US imports all of its science and engineering people, and even fast food is turning to robots.

We cannot let this happen. Please for the sake of the country, go and see Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice. Buy two tickets. Even if you can't stand it, go see Star Trek Beyond. Go see X-Men Apocalypse and Dragonball and Warcraft and Assassins Creed. We cannot let America fall.
>>
>>67332237
>when Hollywood goes belly-up what industries will America have left
I am super amused by the idea of Gwyneth Paltrow stanging on a roadside with a cardboard sign that reads "Will work for avocados"
>>
>>67332237
Snyder pls go.
>>
>>67331684
>The new program will be the first original series developed specifically for U.S. audiences for CBS All Access, a cross-platform streaming service

it'll get canceled after one season.
>>
>>67332543

I just don't understand why CBS doesn't stream it to netflix. Well at least we'll have one season of actual trek possibly.
>>
>>67332597
because every studio and network now wants their own Netflix but all that's going to accomplish is people needing to subscribe to 30 different streaming services to get all the shows they want negating any practicality or savings over cable it once had so everyone will go right back to pirating.
>>
>>67331755
what makes you think this will be any better?
>>
looks like all our hopes rest on Independence Day ID4 2 3D Part 1
>>
File: mwo,x350,iphone_6s_snap_2.png (27 KB, 173x350) Image search: [Google]
mwo,x350,iphone_6s_snap_2.png
27 KB, 173x350
>>67333299
oh boy, I sure hope Appleā„¢ products can somehow save the day again.
>>
>>67333258

I like all of fuller's shows and plus he loves star trek, so someone who knows how to make a good show and loves star trek to me is a nice combo. If it's shit I will be very surprised.
>>
>>67331598
Warcraft movie looks shit. I'd rather watch Assassin's Creed since it's same director of Macbeth [2015].
>>
>>67334219
Yeah but the stories in Ass Cred games have always been shit so I don't se why the movie would be any better.
>>
>>67334420
If they skip the sci-fi shit it could be great, just having Fassbender run around in medieval middle east it might be good.
>>
>>67332712
I (and MANY other Star Trek fans, or 'Trekkers' as we prefer to be called ('Trekkies' is also okay though not preferred)) will pay the CBS All Access monthly fee just for a new Star Trek series and consider it a bargain. Without putting it into the context of subscribing to a streaming service, if someone asked ANY true Trekker "would you pay $6/month for a new Star Trek series?" the answer would ALWAYS be yes.
>>
>>67334841
I wouldn't pay a red cent for Voyager.
>>
>>67334841

It won't be just $6 a month, though. That will get you All Access. Then they'll want you to pay for each episode and sit through ads. Because they don't get why people like Netflix, they just see an opportunity to make loadsamoney.
>>
>>67335281
it says it right there, it's all access, i get access to everything
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.